ASU blows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Re: ASU blows

Post by Alieberman »

I will always remember November 1 2017 - December 29th 2017 as the period in history that ASU closed the gap
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Ultimately they played only 2 quality teams. They won them both. Had they lost one, they would have been who we thought they were. RIP Cant Guard U.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:I will always remember November 1 2017 - December 29th 2017 as the period in history that ASU closed the gap
For a second I get sad that this is hurting our RPI, but then I think of how hilarious it would be if ASU went from undefeated and cocky to not in the tourney.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Alieberman wrote:I will always remember November 1 2017 - December 29th 2017 as the period in history that ASU closed the gap
For a second I get sad that this is hurting our RPI, but then I think of how hilarious it would be if ASU went from undefeated and cocky to not in the tourney.

They arent too far off from making this happen.

If they lose to CU tomorrow I would put it at 50 50 they dont make it, maybe even higher they dont
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Colorado is a MUST WIN for ASU. They're still staring at three tough road games against UW, OSU & Oregon plus tough homies against USC, UCLA, Arizona, & Stanford.

If they go 8-10 in the Pac, then they'll definitely be sweating and looking at a desperate scenario of having to win at least twice in the Pac 12 tourney. They'd really have to collapse to miss the tournament all together. But they've slipped a bunch since they arrived in Tucson unbeaten. Delicious.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chukars are chuckin'. Cholder and Chevans leading the flock.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Honestly, every day I drive to work in a porsche.

porsche = VW sport jetta wagon
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Xavier Johnson agrees
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Gilbertcat wrote:Xavier Johnson agrees
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Cream of the crop.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:
Cream of the crap.

Fyp
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
What an idiot.....yes, your noncon play was very good BUT how can you boast that you’re the best team in the Conference when you are 4-5 and currently in 8th place halfway through the season???

I still think ASU isn’t going to make the NCAA Tourney.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Stunning.

I mean, why even bother playing the conference games to decide who's best in the conference? Just award the Pac 12 title to the team with the best non-conference record. It seems so simple. Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

This board is a constant reminder not to drink milk and read posts at the same time. Damn near came out my nose.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Lost five games with the target of top team in the conference on your back, but hey, keep calling yourselves that and I guess you’re just going to continue to get everyone’s best shot. Let’s see how that works out for you scummy......
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Love it
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Maybe ASU should go Independent for basketball since they are so good. That'll show them.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

AZCatGirl wrote:
We're also at the top of the Pac 12 in my mom's rankings.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Bobby “Tantrum” Hurley just signed a 5 year extension with asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

WildcatStunner wrote:Bobby “Tantrum” Hurley just signed a 5 year extension with asu.

I can see Bobby wanting to stay at asu until Duke opens up. I can see him thinking he is doing a far better job than he actually is and thinking he should get it. But he wont. And he wont be at asu once Duke opens up one way or the other.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:Bobby “Tantrum” Hurley just signed a 5 year extension with asu.

I can see Bobby wanting to stay at asu until Duke opens up. I can see him thinking he is doing a far better job than he actually is and thinking he should get it. But he wont. And he wont be at asu once Duke opens up one way or the other.
Would Hurley take the UCONN job?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If I was Duke I would hire Chris Collins before Hurley
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Herb Sendek was a better coach, and fired.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I was telling my wife this, its annoying how its being presented as a 5 year extension. We all know you cant have a coaching contract longer than 5 years in Arizona. With Miller, its an automatic extension every year, just like this was. It was a one year extension with some raises.
Arizona State Sun Devils head coach Bobby Hurley has been granted a one-year contract extension with a sizable pay raise, according to Doug Haller of azcentral.com.
https://www.houseofsparky.com/2018/1/31 ... zona-state" target="_blank
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Watching ASU & Shannon Evans. He's 1-5 from the field at the half. He's shooting 39% on the season overall & from 3. He sure talks a lot of shit for a guy who isn't great at all.
Bangkok Wildcat

zonagrad wrote:Watching ASU & Shannon Evans. He's 1-5 from the field at the half. He's shooting 39% on the season overall & from 3. He sure talks a lot of shit for a guy who isn't great at all.
If you don’t think that he’s correct for asserting that ASU s the best team in the Conference then you’re just using logic, stats and other relevant facts to well.....make an obvious and correct observation. Guess you don’t have an ASU education then ;-)
Bangkok Wildcat

Yes ASU you lost yet again but still the best! Lmao, all is well when ASU sucks.
cpt

Post by cpt »

Ahahahahahahahaha
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Updated Pac 12 Standings

Arizona St. 4-6 16-6
Arizona 9-1 19-4
USC 8-2 17-6
Washington 6-3 16-6
UCLA 6-4 15-7
Oregon 5-4 15-7
Stanford 5-4 11-11
Utah 5-5 13-8
Colorado 4-6 12-10
Oregon State 3-5 11-9
Washington St. 1-8 9-12
California 1-9 7-16
cats101

Post by cats101 »

What kind of offense does asu run.

4-6 And back to earth. Freaking beautiful.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Feeling that Wazzu might have a chance against ASU on Saturday. Might be an entertaining game. Bye-bye Top 25.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ASU is out of the top 25. If they lose to wazzu they are out of the tournament.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:

Someone on this board who claims to be a UA fan was fellating Hurley earlier this season and marveling what a job he was doing... an amazing example of "more with less".

It is just me, but being in 8th place at 4-6 in his 3rd season is less than impressive.

I wish I could remember who it was?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ASU had an advantage in the non-conference season. They had veteran playmakers and played a style that exploited teams that were still finding their way, finding their roles and rotations. Kansas is a perfect example. Does anyone think ASU could go into Allen Fieldhouse right now and win by double digits? Or beat Xavier on a neutral floor? Good teams have solidified their rotations. ASU is still woefully undermanned inside. You could see that loss tonight against UW and the Huskies zone from a mile away. I don't even think UW played all that well. It was ugly basketball.

Hurley and ASU are finding out that opponents aren't going to let ASU do what they do best. They're taking away their strengths and Hurley has no plan B or C. They're a middling Pac 12 team right now. They'll be tough at home against USC, UCLA & Arizona. Maybe even take 2 of those 3. But they'll have a hard time getting more than a split on the Oregon trip. I think 10-8 in the conference is their ceiling. And that's asking a lot. 9-9 is more likely.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Someone on this board who claims to be a UA fan was fellating Hurley earlier this season and marveling what a job he was doing... an amazing example of "more with less".

It is just me, but being in 8th place at 4-6 in his 3rd season is less than impressive.

Probably Machine or rise on fire
cpt

Post by cpt »

zonagrad wrote:ASU had an advantage in the non-conference season. They had veteran playmakers and played a style that exploited teams that were still finding their way, finding their roles and rotations. Kansas is a perfect example. Does anyone think ASU could go into Allen Fieldhouse right now and win by double digits? Or beat Xavier on a neutral floor? Good teams have solidified their rotations. ASU is still woefully undermanned inside. You could see that loss tonight against UW and the Huskies zone from a mile away. I don't even think UW played all that well. It was ugly basketball.

Hurley and ASU are finding out that opponents aren't going to let ASU do what they do best. They're taking away their strengths and Hurley has no plan B or C. They're a middling Pac 12 team right now. They'll be tough at home against USC, UCLA & Arizona. Maybe even take 2 of those 3. But they'll have a hard time getting more than a split on the Oregon trip. I think 10-8 in the conference is their ceiling. And that's asking a lot. 9-9 is more likely.
I think they will do much worse than that.

@WSU W
UCLA L
USC L
Arizona L
@Oregon L
@Oregon St L
Stanford W
Cal W

They end 7-11. Mark it down.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

cats101 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Probably Machine or rise on fire
I will admit I was giving asu credit for their early success. The person posts about every single one f my posts so they know. But with that said asu's wins vs Kansas Kansas State and Xavier were impressive at the time and still are.

I am extremely happy they are two games below 500 in conference play and closing in on becoming a bubble team. But to my point in the other thread, it does hurt U of A's tournament resume to have zero wins vs the ranked teams in Monday's poll. Fuck asu but they will have two for sure and potentially three. And that isn't anything other than pointing out a fact that will work against U of A with the selection committee.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

He's now doing less with less in the classic ASU basketball tradition.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I think he should get another extension.
-JB
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:I think he should get another extension.
prh

Post by prh »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Sounds like something Todd Graham would have said
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

zonagrad wrote:Updated Pac 12 Standings

Arizona St. 4-6 16-6
Arizona 9-1 19-4
USC 8-2 17-6
Washington 6-3 16-6
UCLA 6-4 15-7
Oregon 5-4 15-7
Stanford 5-4 11-11
Utah 5-5 13-8
Colorado 4-6 12-10
Oregon State 3-5 11-9
Washington St. 1-8 9-12
California 1-9 7-16

This made me laugh this morning. Thank you sir.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Gold from the Raunch:

Posted by Redding Devil on February 01, 18 at 23:44:24:

Watched the game tonight and though disappointed in the loss I am still amazed that a team minus a true "big man" has done so well.

Consider this: we have lost 6 games with NO loss by more than 9 points. Our losses were by margins of 6, 9, 4, 9, 3 and 4. No blowouts and in every single game we lost, we had a real chance to win!!. Had our 3P shooting percentage been 30% in every loss - - - 2 of those games would have been wins.

Love this team, the coach and the fans!!!!
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The gap is closing.
-JB
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

They fell in the gap
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?