UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

MrBug708

Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble?

Post by MrBug708 »

rgdeuce wrote:Its kind of weird its your guys super bowl and youre teams up big and youre spending it on an Arizona message board and not a UCLA board...
The internet invented tabs in your browser. I'd suggest upgrading from Compuserve
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Alieberman wrote:No way UCLA can blow this one.
Going for the jinx :(
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Its kind of weird its your guys super bowl and youre teams up big and youre spending it on an Arizona message board and not a UCLA board...
The internet invented tabs in your browser. I'd suggest upgrading from Compuserve
We know this isn't true. You're obsessed with trolling this place.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=do+internet+browser+have+tabs" target="_blank

You really need a hobby. I mean, besides stalking me. Machina should send me a thank you letter for taking him off your most hated list
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Can't believe UCLA is actually going to do this.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

lexington burns tonight
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Why not us?

Because Steve Alford..
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

You really need a hobby. I mean, besides stalking me. Machina should send me a thank you letter for taking him off your most hated list
I could say the exact same thing for you...you realize that right?

You could definitely use a hobby when you spend hours a day for a decade on a message board for a team you don't even root for. Saying I need a hobby :lol: you jokester!!

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

where the hell was this ucla team vs. ku and monmouth??
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:Why not us?

Because Steve Alford..
Lifetime contract being negotiated later tonight.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Should Monmouth be ranked #1?

Good to see traffic wasn't so bad in LA tonight
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:Should Monmouth be ranked #1?

Good to see traffic wasn't so bad in LA tonight
Interesting isn't it. Although a fair amount of Kentucky fans were probably there.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

I could say the exact same thing for you...you realize that right?

You could definitely use a hobby when you spend hours a day for a decade on a message board for a team you don't even root for. Saying I need a hobby :lol: you jokester!!
I wont argue that UCLA basketball is my hobby :)

Nowadays I have a 4 month old. Wife is out and he's crashed out next to me. But let's be honest, this whole thread was written for me. Leaving it now would just deprive you of everything.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Wow, students actually started to storm the court. FFS remember what school you go to.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Chicat wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Why not us?

Because Steve Alford..
Lifetime contract being negotiated later tonight.
It was vintage Lavin for sure
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AZCatGirl wrote:Wow, students actually started to storm the court. FFS remember what school you go to.
It was kind of weird. Some of them seemed to be just going through the motions because they had stood up in the aisle and it was too late to turn back.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Has the balance of power begun to sway towards Westwood?

Also, anyone have a screen capture of the UCLA cheerleaders from tonight's broadcast? TIA
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:Has the balance of power begun to sway towards Westwood?

Also, anyone have a screen capture of the UCLA cheerleaders from tonight's broadcast? TIA
Obviously. If by Westwood you mean monmouth then yes.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What is TIA. Is that enfuego for tongue in ass?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Welsh had a nice game...remember hearing Miller rave about him over the summer.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

What a fucked day for us the Bruins smoke Kentucky and our football coach is bolting and the recruiting is in shambles now!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Hell for that matter look at what a difference a year can make we were sky high getting ready to take on Oregon in the conference championship game we had 10 wins and the basketball was undefeated with nations longest non conference winning streak and we had 4 commitments for 15 class and no injures at all!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

MrBug708 wrote:
I do use tabs.. to navigate between the threads on my own team's message board. Trolling a rivals board before or after a matchup with them is one thing. Or lurking and occasionally posting when you see something ridiculous. But you practically live on here. You were a moderator on the old site. Do you live in Tucson? I'm just trying to make sense of all this. I'm not sure I have ever been on a Dodgers, Lakers, ASU, or 49ers message board in my life.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

rgdeuce wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
I do use tabs.. to navigate between the threads on my own team's message board. Trolling a rivals board before or after a matchup with them is one thing. Or lurking and occasionally posting when you see something ridiculous. But you practically live on here. You were a moderator on the old site. Do you live in Tucson? I'm just trying to make sense of all this. I'm not sure I have ever been on a Dodgers, Lakers, ASU, or 49ers message board in my life.
:lol:

Biggest win in program history for UCLA. Enjoy it, Bug. Christmas came early.

Heh.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

rgdeuce wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
Your first problem is trying to project your life into mine. Stop. You will be much happier worrying about yourself and not others and why I choose to post here. Second, I post in pretty much three threads. This one. The football recruiting one, and the Jim Mora thread on arch rivals. When Arizona lost, did I say anything about it? Nope. What about the losses in football other than the UCLA one. Did I post anything about them? No. Criticizing other people's posting habits is odd. I'm hereally to talk sports. And read gems like RC97 talking down Arizona's importance by trying to "burn" UCLA's win yesterday.

Cheers!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That game was nuts. Nothing prior to that point would have suggested that result, but whomp, there it was.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:That game was nuts. Nothing prior to that point would have suggested that result, but whomp, there it was.
That -5.5 point spread for Kentucky made a lot of money for Vegas
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:That game was nuts. Nothing prior to that point would have suggested that result, but whomp, there it was.
That -5.5 point spread for Kentucky made a lot of money for Vegas
Glad I didn't bet my house on it.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

MrBug708 wrote:If you want to pay off your mortgage, UCLA is just a 5.5 point underdog vs Kentucky
Oh. My. Goodness!!!

Bug, for the first time in years I was tempted to bet on this game. Your post got me thinking, "No mortgage has a nice ring to it." I would have REALLY hated UCLA if I had. :lol:

Thank you, Lord, for self-control!

Huge win for the conference. The Pac needed that badly. Well done, Ruins!! (Can't be too nice ...)

Go Cats!!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Reports out of Westwood are that they'll be hanging a banner for last night's victory.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Cripes, that was impressive. No easy trips this year.
Right where I want to be.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Still out of the top 30. Did Monmouth hurt them more than Kentucky helped? Had they not lost to Kansas by 19 they might be in. At Gonzaga Saturday. Hell of a non-conf schedule
Last edited by Jefe on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Well they sure didn't look good against LBSU...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Does a top 25 ranking even matter in Dec?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

not as much as the matchups matter to establishing an rpi foothold. the broons will get another chance the zags this weekend and unc next. don't fuck it up, alford.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Damn they play North Carolina 12/19. Amazing schedule
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Jefe wrote:Damn they play North Carolina 12/19. Amazing schedule
It's only amazing if you win those games...otherwise its a bunch of losses.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

They're not winning @Gonzaga or vs. UNC.

Heh.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Olsondogg wrote:It's only amazing if you win those games...otherwise its a bunch of losses.
Exactly right.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Beachcat97 wrote:They're not winning @Gonzaga or vs. UNC.

Heh.

Not so sure about that one. Trap game tonight for the Zags and they barely pulled out a W against Montana. Trailed with a minute to play and needed an offensive rebound to regain the lead. Very fortunate indeed. Is it possible that Gonzaga is not as good as we thought? I think UCLA is going to be favored by 2-3 points in Spokane.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Depends if their big guy is playing.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

SCCats wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:It's only amazing if you win those games...otherwise its a bunch of losses.
Exactly right.
Nah, good to play the best early season to find out what you're really made of. Might cost you a two seed vs. a three seed, but that's just fluff.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Zero wrote:Depends if their big guy is playing.
Sounds like he's day to day. Even with Karnowski out, UCLA has to slow down Wiltjer and Sabonis, which we certainly could not do in the first half of our game.

Zags defend home court, win by 5.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Puerco wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Exactly right.
Nah, good to play the best early season to find out what you're really made of. Might cost you a two seed vs. a three seed, but that's just fluff.

It's not the 90's anymore. With the reluctance of big programs wanting to schedule home and home's, there isn't really a need for scheduling tough when you reside in a power conference. Especially if your conference is really good, or really bad.

Remember the year where UW won the conference regular season and didn't make the NCAA's? What did their losses to #7 Duke, #11 Marquette and Saint Louis get them? Nada. It's better to win games than lose. Perhaps if they had 3 more wins on that schedule they woulda danced.

Now days you play in a poorly attended preseason tournament, and hopefully you get a couple of W's against solid RPI opponents, and do your best to get your wins on teams you face twice in conference. One caveat, you can't lose to the horrible teams on your schedule. Those are the games to worry about.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Olsondogg wrote:
Puerco wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Exactly right.

It's not the 90's anymore. With the reluctance of big programs wanting to schedule home and home's, there isn't really a need for scheduling tough when you reside in a power conference. Especially if your conference is really good, or really bad.

Remember the year where UW won the conference regular season and didn't make the NCAA's? What did their losses to #7 Duke, #11 Marquette and Saint Louis get them? Nada. It's better to win games than lose. Perhaps if they had 3 more wins on that schedule they woulda danced.

Now days you play in a poorly attended preseason tournament, and hopefully you get a couple of W's against solid RPI opponents, and do your best to get your wins on teams you face twice in conference. One caveat, you can't lose to the horrible teams on your schedule. Those are the games to worry about.
I disagree when it comes to power conference bubble teams... RPI / SOS matters most of the time, even if u can come up with an example or 2 that might appear to suggest it doesn't.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

It's reminiscent of our schedules in the heyday under Lute.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Harvey Specter wrote:
It's reminiscent of our schedules in the heyday under Lute.
Play anyone anywhere.

I would like to see the unc series resumed. IIRC Miller asked for it to be canceled woke he rebuilds the program which has happened.

Gonzaga is the furthest east the cats will play ooc this year
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Looks like UCLA just may be the class of the Pac12.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Probably not, but they would win the Big 12 running away.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

UCLA looking much better than I expected so far.....not sure who's the bigger D-bag though, Alford or Self ;-)