Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Chicat »

TheCat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:01 pm Time to really talk about banning folks that are obviously here to cause disruption and add nothing of value. Chicat your thoughts?
I think they're hilarious.

Imagine spending your time and very limited brain power coming up with what you think are intelligent takes that will absolutely destroy the psyche of anyone who supports Miller but instead writing a literal pile of verbal diarrhea that makes you look like a bitter little child who's mad that mommy quit giving him the boob to feed on at the age of 8.

The value that trolls add is that they give you someone to point and laugh at. And there's really no disruption. If you put Captain Oblivious on ignore, you'd never know he posted. No one quotes him or engages him. He just barely exists, like the lingering subtle background odor of a fart that dissipated hours ago.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This is worse than a fart. This is more like that deuce Todd Packer dropped in Michael Scott’s office.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:16 am I think so. I was a bit shocked Rivera was so butt hurt about the local press (his) relationship with Miller. I know he was close to Lute but why can’t these guys just do their jobs and not be vindictive when it’s not how they like it
If Miller had been close to Oehler it's not like Rivera would have been happy that there was at least someone local who was getting the good scoops. Let's not pretend that all the local sports press are arm in arm against the big bad UofA machine. They are competing with each other.

In this case, Miller just happened to give stuff to a national reporter (although I use that term loosely since his reach is pretty minimal) because we are a national program and no one pays attention to the Tucson press. So Rivera gets to pretend like the entire community lost out because Miller wouldn't make nice with him.

If he had tried to be their friend, they would have called him fake. If he keeps them at arm's length, he's an asshole. Coaches can't win when it comes to the press. Whether the coach is winning or losing, the story is always there and the press doesn't give a shit who you're buddies with.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

Most of these guys are stuck in the past before the internet existed
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Oh yeah. Why don't you talk to your collogues one of which went on radio and lied he had spoken to Book to throw gas on the fire. You wanted loyalty from a coach but showed no loyalty to him. It is no wonder why you're not associated with any real news organization..
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

They want a glad hander like our new football coach. Don't get me wrong I love and admire the staff he put together, reaching out to past players and everything he is doing for the U of A football program. He has never won a game. The other buys you good will and benefit of the doubt, winning games keeps your job.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

It is funny that the article Riveria writes belittles the things we loved the most about Sean. His calling of a time out with 1 second left against UCLA and Alford. When Alford called the timeout at McKale he had his players look around the stadium and "take it all in". He got the payback he deserved.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:20 am They want a glad hander like our new football coach. Don't get me wrong I love and admire the staff he put together, reaching out to past players and everything he is doing for the U of A football program. He has never won a game. The other buys you good will and benefit of the doubt, winning games keeps your job.
100%

If Fisch is 9-43 after Year 4, I highly doubt Rivera will be writing articles about how cool it was to have Gronk coach the Spring Game his first year and that he needs to be given another year to turn it around no matter how many rounds of golf they played together.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:23 am It is funny that the article Riveria writes belittles the things we loved the most about Sean. His calling of a time out with 1 second left against UCLA and Alford. When Alford called the timeout at McKale he had his players look around the stadium and "take it all in". He got the payback he deserved.
It shows how out of touch media members are. Media hates anyone who doesn't kiss their ass.

Look at how Kadeem, Miller anf the team interact and tell me that wasn't fantastic:

https://youtu.be/ZD7WrODpoJ4
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

D-Will tweeted a wonderful tribute to Coach Miller this morning.
Last edited by Beachcat97 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I wouldn't even have known about it if the link wasn't posted. "All Sports Tucson"...okay. There are people who exist on the fringes, and it's debatable whether they should get media passes. I appreciate being able to switch over to an alternative afternoon radio sports show on the occasion when they get a decent guest...but it's all about the guest. With small town sports media, we're not talking rocket scientists, but that doesn't stop them from being smug and arrogant in how they view themselves, and it also seems to almost guarantee a degree of pettiness. In any event, compare and contrast somebody who felt it necessary to get in the last word with those parting shots to the classic and very well-received goodbye note from Sean.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:23 am It is funny that the article Riveria writes belittles the things we loved the most about Sean. His calling of a time out with 1 second left against UCLA and Alford. When Alford called the timeout at McKale he had his players look around the stadium and "take it all in". He got the payback he deserved.
That is probably one of the best memories I am going to hold on from the CSM era. Gonna miss that in your face attitude :( .
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:00 am D-Will tweeted a wonderful tribute to Coach Miller this morning.

https://twitter.com/DWXXIII/status/1380 ... 01412?s=20
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Now that’s a great tribute to CSM
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 am NJ’s turn:

https://twitter.com/iamnjohn13/status/1 ... 48392?s=21
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I don't know how long this will last before taken down. But here is the Arizona vs Duke game in the 2011 NCAA tourney.

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Beachcat97 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:21 am This is worse than a fart. This is more like that deuce Todd Packer dropped in Michael Scott’s office.
Wait -- I'd like to hear the story & back story behind this please.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It really is touching to see players like DWill and NJ speak on Miller. Especially DWill who went from around the #120 recruit to the #2 NBA draft pick under SM.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

zonagrad wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:55 am
Beachcat97 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:21 am This is worse than a fart. This is more like that deuce Todd Packer dropped in Michael Scott’s office.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym-xWcdIb30
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Of course the administration is a better judge of the influence a coach has on its players than the players themselves. Idiots. Really when are we going to get competent people. We have a University President that thinks he knows sports and an AD that can't tie his shoes without getting it approved. They have alienated fans and boosters as well as made dumbfounding decisions. For example Heeke gets a raise and Sean gives back 20% of his pay during the pandemic.

So two upsides for Sean that I wonder about. How much money he will receive from that oil money incentive will he be eligible for ? If Sean is found at fault in his 1 level 1 violation he was going to forfeit $1M dollars. Now he can say FU because that contract is no longer valid.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

zonagrad wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:55 am
I'm so out of touch with popular culture to not know this. Shame on me.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

The self imposed post season by the AD is beginning to make complete sense now. Admin made up their mind they were going to move on from Miller in the off-season. Self imposed this year as way to help with finding a new coach and allow the new staff to move forward. Post season ban no means likely not one for another coach. As previously discussed, it’s been years since the NCAA has handed out a multi-year post season ban.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

If this was a movie the fans and the players would storm the palace, find damning shit so bad on Robert’s and Heeke they had to be fired, then re-hire Miller who then proceeds to take Arizona to the Finals where we win our 2nd ‘ship.

But alas, we have to live in reality unfortunately.

Fuck this sucks.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I read a national sports writer say after the allegation were known that he could not understand why Arizona had not sent them to every newspaper making it clear that Sean did not pay players as was alleged in ESPN. He couldn't understand why they were hidden in the first place.
Last edited by TheCat on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:13 am I read a national sports writer say after the allegation were known that he could not understand why Arizona had not sent them to every newspaper making it clear that Sean did not pay players as was alleged in ESPN. He could understand why they were hidden in the first place.
That's when it became crystal clear that Robbins & Heeke were undermining Miller and wanted to move on. Everyone expected the NOA to be terrible and damning -- especially for Miller. Add to that the self-sanctioning and missing the NCAA tourney and Miller practically no chance. Missing the tourney last year didn't help -- Miller had the team playing its best basketball in Vegas and headed for at least a 7-seed. What if they had caught fire and made a little run to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Then self-sanctioning becomes even harder THIS YEAR. Miller was stabbed in the back. Look at how Kansas handled their far more serious allegations.
ekat

Post by ekat »

zonagrad wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:19 am
TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:13 am I read a national sports writer say after the allegation were known that he could not understand why Arizona had not sent them to every newspaper making it clear that Sean did not pay players as was alleged in ESPN. He could understand why they were hidden in the first place.
That's when it became crystal clear that Robbins & Heeke were undermining Miller and wanted to move on. Everyone expected the NOA to be terrible and damning -- especially for Miller. Add to that the self-sanctioning and missing the NCAA tourney and Miller practically no chance. Missing the tourney last year didn't help -- Miller had the team playing its best basketball in Vegas and headed for at least a 7-seed. What if they had caught fire and made a little run to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Then self-sanctioning becomes even harder THIS YEAR. Miller was stabbed in the back. Look at how Kansas handled their far more serious allegations.
So true. Add in the fact that Robbins and Heeke are personally two of the aggravating factors on the lack of institutional control hung on Miller and they were probably hoping the NOA never came to light, and that also played into the self-sanctions in my opinion.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

ekat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:26 am
So true. Add in the fact that Robbins and Heeke are personally two of the aggravating factors on the lack of institutional control hung on Miller and they were probably hoping the NOA never came to light, and that also played into the self-sanctions in my opinion.
It's my understanding that the "Lack of Institutional Control" refers to performance, or lack thereof, by the AD and Pres, not the Head Coach. "Any athletics program must reflect the ideals of the institution it represents, and it is up to the athletics director to constantly inform the president (or the person to whom the athletics director reports) of all relevant developments within the program."
(https://www.ncaa.org/governance/institutional-control).

It appears to me that the handling of the criminal allegations (and later media reporting), the NOA, and subsequent investigations/self-sanctioning, actually reflected the Administration's attempts to maintain and evidence "institutional control".

That particular allegation did not "fall" on CSM, rather upon Heeke and Robbins.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:04 pm It's my understanding that the "Lack of Institutional Control" refers to performance, or lack thereof, by the AD and Pres, not the Head Coach. "Any athletics program must reflect the ideals of the institution it represents, and it is up to the athletics director to constantly inform the president (or the person to whom the athletics director reports) of all relevant developments within the program."

It appears to me that the handling of the criminal allegations (and later media reporting), the NOA, and subsequent investigations/self-sanctioning, actually reflected the Administration's attempts to maintain and evidence "institutional control".

That particular allegation did not "fall" on CSM, rather upon Heeke and Robbins.
Your link is for prospective AD's, so it emphasizes the AD role. Ultimately, control is going to apply to everyone in the chain of command for the employee who would need to be "controlled."

So really it's Miller, Heeke and Robbins all, as that would be the direct line of command over Book and Phelps. U of A's NCAA compliance people are probably included but not named in that as well.
ekat

Post by ekat »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:04 pm
ekat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:26 am
It's my understanding that the "Lack of Institutional Control" refers to performance, or lack thereof, by the AD and Pres, not the Head Coach. "Any athletics program must reflect the ideals of the institution it represents, and it is up to the athletics director to constantly inform the president (or the person to whom the athletics director reports) of all relevant developments within the program."

You are correct, the Lack of control was on the institution, and Miller’s violation was failure to maintain a culture of compliance. I was wrong.

That being said, we self-sanctioned two months after the NOA was received (3 years after it all happened), and both Robbins and Heeke were named as separate aggravating factors in the NOA as a whole for trying to subvert the NCAA’s process back in October/November 2017. Their own actions in that time frame added on to the NOA, as perceived by the NCAA.

I’m not saying the NCAA is right or wrong. Quite frankly, the idea that an entire freshman class could theoretically graduate before any of the schools have any resolution is disgusting.

I just think Robbins didn’t want the world to know that he’s an “aggravating factor.” But we already know...
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

The Lack of Institutional Control is a catch-all the NCAA uses to try and make thing sound bad. The reality? Two of the items the basketball program was accused of in the NOA were self-reported. That being the $500 loan to Pinder, which resulted in a 2-game suspension and Pinder paying the money back, and the unknown academic issue to try and get Shareef O'Neal eligible. As for O'Neal, not only did we self report, O'Neal was instantly eligible at UCLA, though sat out for significant health reasons. One can say we didn't have proper controls over Book, and certainly Miller made a mistake placing his trust in Book.

We also have no idea how the IARP is going to rule. But it's doubtful we get more than a 2-year post season ban, and we already served one. One-year without an appearance will allow the next guy to recruit more players like Tubelis, Mathurin, and Keriisa, who need a couple of years of "seasoning" before moving on. Best case scenario, we see a repeat of this past year, finishing in the upper half of the PAC, and on the bubble, had we been eligible, with a Top 25 roster returning. Of course, we already had exactly that with Miller for next year!

And yes, Robbins and Heeke absolutely stabbed Miller in the back. If you don't let Miller go 3 years ago when everything came out, then you should go with Miller all the way through the process. I don't think Robbins and Heeke counted on Miller being able to cobble together successful teams with the FBI cloud hanging over us, and probably thought a .500 or sub .500 record was in the future, thus making the firing of Miller a no brainer. But Miller obviously had other ideas, and when it became apparent we were a potential Tournament team, that's when Robbins and Heeke pulled the rug out from under Miller. Can't risk a deep tournament run if you already know you are going to fire the head coach!
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

So here is my plan for Sean. Go overseas to coach and take all our foreign players with you. Pick up Foggy and Derrick while you are there. We have already seen two foreign player testimony that Sean is the best coach they have ever had. Whip ass in some European league and watch Arizona descend into Ben Linsey territory. See folks chase both Heeke and Robbins out of town as our program falls apart. During their departure Heeke has a heart attack at the airport but Robbins is unable to perform basic CPR and it comes out he has always been a fraud. Hire our new coach as he retires from the NBA . Ladies and gentleman our new coach TJ McConnell. New PAC-12 commissioner Sean Miller was unable to be reached for comment as he was negotiating a new TV deal with anyone not named ESPN.
Last edited by TheCat on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm The Lack of Institutional Control is a catch-all the NCAA uses to try and make thing sound bad. The reality? Two of the items the basketball program was accused of in the NOA were self-reported. That being the $500 loan to Pinder, which resulted in a 2-game suspension and Pinder paying the money back, and the unknown academic issue to try and get Shareef O'Neal eligible. As for O'Neal, not only did we self report, O'Neal was instantly eligible at UCLA, though sat out for significant health reasons. One can say we didn't have proper controls over Book, and certainly Miller made a mistake placing his trust in Book.

We also have no idea how the IARP is going to rule. But it's doubtful we get more than a 2-year post season ban, and we already served one. One-year without an appearance will allow the next guy to recruit more players like Tubelis, Mathurin, and Keriisa, who need a couple of years of "seasoning" before moving on. Best case scenario, we see a repeat of this past year, finishing in the upper half of the PAC, and on the bubble, had we been eligible, with a Top 25 roster returning. Of course, we already had exactly that with Miller for next year!

And yes, Robbins and Heeke absolutely stabbed Miller in the back. If you don't let Miller go 3 years ago when everything came out, then you should go with Miller all the way through the process. I don't think Robbins and Heeke counted on Miller being able to cobble together successful teams with the FBI cloud hanging over us, and probably thought a .500 or sub .500 record was in the future, thus making the firing of Miller a no brainer. But Miller obviously had other ideas, and when it became apparent we were a potential Tournament team, that's when Robbins and Heeke pulled the rug out from under Miller. Can't risk a deep tournament run if you already know you are going to fire the head coach!
Perfect
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:24 pm So here is my plan for Sean. Go overseas to coach and take all our foreign players with you. Pick up Foggy and Derrick while you are there. We have already seen two foreign player testimony that Sean is the best coach they have ever had. Whip ass in some European league and watch Arizona descend into Ben Linsey territory. See folks chase both Heeke and Robbins out of town as our program falls apart. During their departure Heeke has a heart attack at the airport but Robbins is unable to perform basic CPR and it comes out he has always been a fraud. Hire our new coach as he retires from the NBA . Ladies and gentleman our new coach TJ McConnell.
Brilliant!
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:24 pm So here is my plan for Sean. Go overseas to coach and take all our foreign players with you. Pick up Foggy and Derrick while you are there. We have already seen two foreign player testimony that Sean is the best coach they have ever had. Whip ass in some European league and watch Arizona descend into Ben Linsey territory. See folks chase both Heeke and Robbins out of town as our program falls apart. During their departure Heeke has a heart attack at the airport but Robbins is unable to perform basic CPR and it comes out he has always been a fraud. Hire our new coach as he retires from the NBA . Ladies and gentleman our new coach TJ McConnell. New PAC-12 commissioner Sean Miller was unable to be reached for comment as he was negotiating a new TV deal with anyone not named ESPN.
He's likely going to be a nba assistant for a long while
Most people who get in the door of the NBA usually find that they don't want to leave and go back to the grind of college ball.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

He will be back in college in 2 years or less as an assistant.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I don't think he would ever be an assistant in college, nor should he be.
ekat

Post by ekat »

I think Cincinnati should say screw it and hire him and Archie.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think Miller is too intense for the league. Remember how he almost took Tarczewski's head off for telling him to "chill"?
ekat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:17 pm I think Cincinnati should say screw it and hire him and Archie.

That's one thing about the NCAA, penalties stay with the school, and not the coach, unless they have "show cause" which neither will get.
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

The thing that pisses me off the most is that espn was wrong. They got it wrong and no one other than us fans has ever corrected the record. Someone said that the AD should have had the PR team explaining the case against Schlabachs article and defending it as soon as the notice of allegations came out, and they're right.

I mean, sure, you have enough dings against you and it's a pattern and that's reason to fire someone and whatever, I get it.

But the big one everyone seemed to think ws true never was. It was wrong and never corrected. ESPN stuck to it and Vitale went with it and the UA fired Miller and now that's as good as what happened.

You shouldn't be able to just make up something, accuse the wrong person of something he didn't do and ruin his career and an entire program.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:00 am I wouldn't even have known about it if the link wasn't posted. "All Sports Tucson"...okay. There are people who exist on the fringes, and it's debatable whether they should get media passes. I appreciate being able to switch over to an alternative afternoon radio sports show on the occasion when they get a decent guest...but it's all about the guest. With small town sports media, we're not talking rocket scientists, but that doesn't stop them from being smug and arrogant in how they view themselves, and it also seems to almost guarantee a degree of pettiness. In any event, compare and contrast somebody who felt it necessary to get in the last word with those parting shots to the classic and very well-received goodbye note from Sean.
Maybe if even ONE local reporter had stood up and said what a farce the whole ESPN story was, Sean would have been a little more cordial to them. But they wanted it to be true so they could run Sean out of town on a rail. Not just Columbo but all of them.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Pulitzer Prize or a Murrow Award for the journalist who gets an exclusive interview with Sean Miller. It would have to come after he secures his next coaching job. Then he can lay waste to all the bullshit reporting: Schlabach, Vitale, Bilas, Hansen, etc... Just go to town on all the misinformation and blatant lying -- the backstabbing by Heeke & Robbins, the bullshit treatment by the Pac 12 officials in Vegas. Just go scorched earth.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

zonagrad wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 pm Pulitzer Prize or a Murrow Award for the journalist who gets an exclusive interview with Sean Miller. It would have to come after he secures his next coaching job. Then he can lay waste to all the bullshit reporting: Schlabach, Vitale, Bilas, Hansen, etc... Just go to town on all the misinformation and blatant lying -- the backstabbing by Heeke & Robbins, the bullshit treatment by the Pac 12 officials in Vegas. Just go scorched earth.
Miller never will do that.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ekat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:17 pm I think Cincinnati should say screw it and hire him and Archie.
If you are Cinci, why the hell not. It would be an awesome hire
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

When was Lute ever cordial to reporters? They expect different from Miller?
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

zonagrad wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 pm Pulitzer Prize or a Murrow Award for the journalist who gets an exclusive interview with Sean Miller. It would have to come after he secures his next coaching job. Then he can lay waste to all the bullshit reporting: Schlabach, Vitale, Bilas, Hansen, etc... Just go to town on all the misinformation and blatant lying -- the backstabbing by Heeke & Robbins, the bullshit treatment by the Pac 12 officials in Vegas. Just go scorched earth.
Man the pac12 hated us. They wanted us to die with Lute and for it to be all about ucla and usc. Larry Scott wanted that tv market. And ESPN, I don't know why, but they hated us too.

And now, you know, they won. Miller is gone, our players are going to UCLA, UCLA made it to the final four, all is right with the world. Well, almost. At least Duke didn't make the tourney this year. Suck it, Vitale.

Still, it sucks to think about how much they hated us and how much we to come back after Lute retired, how er had to fight our own leagues crooked refs and commissioner, and then espn and then our own administration, and how in the end we lost.

Oh well. It was a nice extension to the Lute years. We were never supposed to be good. It's not a coincidence that they left the women out of the final four video. And we managed to be pretty good from 1988 to 2021. Turns out they can destroy us, after all, but they can't erase history.
ekat

Post by ekat »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:43 pm
And I’d become a Bearcat fan! Always a Wildcat but man would I root hard for them to succeed!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:45 pm When was Lute ever cordial to reporters? They expect different from Miller?
The coach's attitude didn't change, reporters did.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:43 pm
Cincy fans would definitely dislike an Xavier guy taking over their program.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:45 pm When was Lute ever cordial to reporters? They expect different from Miller?
Nonsense. Lute had good relationships with plenty of media both local and national. But he didn't appreciate bullshit reporting -- local and national. The Arizona Daily Star had to fire two reporters back in the late 80's who wrote a false story about Lute and a conflict of interest with an apparel company.

Lute didn't appreciate the Phoenix media parachuting in during the NCAA tournament and suddenly grandstanding should the 'Cats exit the tourney early. And he despised the national media and their East Coast bias.