Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catgrad97

Re: Larry Scott

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:If the Pac12 is serious about growing it's fanbase and turning current fans into brand advocates, they should make all games available to everyone who wants to watch them and there should be multiple avenues to do so. This idea that a casual fan is going to download apps and buy third party technology to get a couple of games a year is pretty funny. Most will look at their guide, see that Arizona is supposed to be on, switch to that channel, see that Arizona is not on, look for other feeds and then give up. That's not a recipe for turning someone casually watching your product into someone who has to consume your product.

I figured out how to watch the Nevada game because I am a rabid, die-hard fan. If Larry Scott is counting on the few of us out there to carry the water for the network and conference, he's taking bath salts. Put your product somewhere EVERYONE can experience it. Not just on certain cable/satellite systems and not just in certain areas of the country. Make it accessible and you'll build brand loyalty. Keep it hidden and people will move on to the thousands of other entertainment choices out there.
I honestly think that this is just one of the growing ways in which Larry Scott is more like Tom Hansen than anyone imagined--or feared.

He isn't doing his job. Plain and simple.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Nice glib comment from Hansen similar to what we have been saying here:

http://tucson.com/sports/columnists/han ... ?id=201408

It’s a welcome break from the Larry Scott Way of college football, where dollars trump tradition and fans go home at halftime.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Love this quote too...apparently he thinks if we lose tomorrow we'll go into a free fall and barely make a bowl "If Arizona loses, it might have trouble being any better than 6-5 when ASU arrives for the Territorial Cup. Is it a must-win scenario? Yup."
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
prh

Post by prh »

3 minutes away and I'm streaming P-12 Arizona. And I would wager pretty everything I have that it's not going to flip over to our game instead of this Colorado junk.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

prh wrote:3 minutes away and I'm streaming P-12 Arizona. And I would wager pretty everything I have that it's not going to flip over to our game instead of this Colorado junk.
Doesn't matter now, but if the game kept going...
I seriously don't get why they have all these networks if they don't bother to use them.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
prh

Post by prh »

AZCatGirl wrote:
prh wrote:3 minutes away and I'm streaming P-12 Arizona. And I would wager pretty everything I have that it's not going to flip over to our game instead of this Colorado junk.
Doesn't matter now, but if the game kept going...
I seriously don't get why they have all these networks if they don't bother to use them.
That's good to know! Although you're absolutely right, what's the point in 6 regional channels if they don't show that region's teams?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Didn't know where to put this but I have a contact who told me the following. The crew who worked the AZ/ASSU game had over 11 weeks had thrown 73% of there penalties against the road team. On Saturday 90% of the penalties were called against the home team which just happened to be Arizona.

There was also 6 holding calls that have been flagged that were not called on ASSU as well as a block in the back and they are awaiting a confidential reply from the conference.

Me thinks our AD just doesn't trust corrupt Larry about Friday
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azcat49 wrote:Didn't know where to put this but I have a contact who told me the following. The crew who worked the AZ/ASSU game had over 11 weeks had thrown 73% of there penalties against the road team. On Saturday 90% of the penalties were called against the home team which just happened to be Arizona.

There was also 6 holding calls that have been flagged that were not called on ASSU as well as a block in the back and they are awaiting a confidential reply from the conference.

According to the Head Coach, he "couldn't possibly have been in a deeper, more intense state of mind" as he walked toward the locker room. Once the Head Coach exited the publicly viewable area of the arena into the hallway, he started to vent his frustration with exclamation like, "Fuck the Pac-12" and, "Cheating fucking conference." As the Head Coach neared Arizona's locker room, he noticed the Pac-12 banner in the interview alcove and yelled
profanities in its direction
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:Didn't know where to put this but I have a contact who told me the following. The crew who worked the AZ/ASSU game had over 11 weeks had thrown 73% of there penalties against the road team. On Saturday 90% of the penalties were called against the home team which just happened to be Arizona.

Me thinks you're right, and our AD shouldn't trust Larry about Friday.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Salty

Post by Salty »

The problem with these conspiracy theories is that for it to work, all the officials had to know and have to keep quiet for the rest of their life.

Too many people would have to be involved for it to work.

And let's not forget the calls that went in our favor against Oregon the first time.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I just watched the replay. That block in the back occured on the last punt return to set up Tempe. Didnt see Jones' hands to the face but the other one was probably alright. F Scott
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Salty wrote:The problem with these conspiracy theories is that for it to work, all the officials had to know and have to keep quiet for the rest of their life.

Too many people would have to be involved for it to work.

And let's not forget the calls that went in our favor against Oregon the first time.
Yeah, cause stuff has never happened in the PAC before regarding officiating... :roll:

http://a.pac-12.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... public.pdf
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Salty

Post by Salty »

What does Larry Scott gain from having asu win that game? Asu would have less of a shot at the CFL than Arizona.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Would love to see data on this.

While Arizona had 123 penalty yards to ASU's 15, the penalties were 9-3 on Friday. (75%).

I was at the game so didn't see great replays, but the hands to the face on the INT seemed especially egregious.

I definitely thought Arizona's defense was getting called tighter.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Perhaps someone should realize that sports has more to do than just wins and losses...and more about the spread.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Larry Scott just announced details on a new initiative that states if, after the pac12 championship game, the two teams have identical records, then co-champions would be submitted to the CFP committee, similar to the Big12's current plan.
http://pac-12.com/content/pac-12-conference-initiatives
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

prh

Post by prh »

Salty wrote:What does Larry Scott gain from having asu win that game? Asu would have less of a shot at the CFL than Arizona.
Because they have a lesser chance of beating Oregon. That's what there is to gain, ensuring Oregon advances.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

POM:

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Larry Scott just announced details on a new initiative that states if, after the pac12 championship game, the two teams have identical records, then co-champions would be submitted to the CFP committee, similar to the Big12's current plan.
Fascinating.
Unusual.
Curious.
Kooky.

You don't say.
Odd.
Unorthodox.

:D
Salty

Post by Salty »

prh wrote:
Salty wrote:What does Larry Scott gain from having asu win that game? Asu would have less of a shot at the CFL than Arizona.
Because they have a lesser chance of beating Oregon. That's what there is to gain, ensuring Oregon advances.
So Larry Scott orchestrated Stanford beating UCLA, and tried to make asu win over Arizona, all because asu would have had a marginally larger chance of beating asu?

Put down the ton foil hats, guys...

I agree that the officiating was truly awful during the cup. But to imagine that it's part of some sort of grand, anti-Arizona conspiracy is ludicrous.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Even with Larry Scott getting caught actually fixing games doesn't give you any shadow of a doubt that "the truly awful officiating of the Territorial Cup" couldn't have anything on the up and up?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So did they get the Cancun trip?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Salty

Post by Salty »

azcat34 wrote:Even with Larry Scott getting caught actually fixing games doesn't give you any shadow of a doubt that "the truly awful officiating of the Territorial Cup" couldn't have anything on the up and up?
There's just no reasonable motive.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Larry Scott just announced details on a new initiative that states if, after the pac12 championship game, the two teams have identical records, then co-champions would be submitted to the CFP committee, similar to the Big12's current plan.
So then what is the point of championship game?

Fuck Larry Scott.

Larry wants Oregon, Bigger BRAND. There is precedence.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Salty, maybe the fact there is an inquiry is enough. That crew had a trend and veered far away from the norm. Maybe ASSU was spotless but that is what is trying to be disproved.

There is no love between the commissioner and AZ and Scott is a money grabbing opportunistic sleaze bag. Having Oregon advance is in his best interest.

It looks like our AD has doubts about his integrity which in itself is damning. And after this happens he comes out with a statement about Co champions. Why even have a championship game. The dude is corrupt
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Chicat wrote:So did they get the Cancun trip?
I actually heard that the two TPD officers who cited Samaji were seen boarding flights to Cancun this morning.
prh

Post by prh »

Gentlemen, please open the damn link and see the real details of his initiative.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UofAlum05 wrote:
I actually heard that the two TPD officers who cited Samaji were seen boarding flights to Cancun this morning.
wouldn't surprise me. Rather the fight cartels and gangs, pig cops have nothing better to do than harass college kids for a cash grab.

save me the public safety angle. Pig cops have quotas and productivity to meet.
Machina

Post by Machina »

azcat49 wrote:Salty, maybe the fact there is an inquiry is enough. That crew had a trend and veered far away from the norm. Maybe ASSU was spotless but that is what is trying to be disproved.

There is no love between the commissioner and AZ and Scott is a money grabbing opportunistic sleaze bag. Having Oregon advance is in his best interest.

It looks like our AD has doubts about his integrity which in itself is damning. And after this happens he comes out with a statement about Co champions. Why even have a championship game. The dude is corrupt
I saw missed calls that benefited both UA and ASSU. Cats did seem to be called for a lot more than usual but I know a lot were warranted. Does GB really not trust the officials for Friday?
Salty

Post by Salty »

CalStateTempe wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:
wouldn't surprise me. Rather the fight cartels and gangs, pig cops have nothing better to do than harass college kids for a cash grab.

Holy shit you are a pathetic human being.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Salty wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:

I was pulled over and asked to do a field sobriety test once and the cop told me he did have a quota for the night

But there is only 7 people to blame for Grants DUI and it is Grant himself and the losers who rode with him. Blaming the cop for a DUI is weak sauce
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Machina, I don't know. I am just telling you that some clarity was requested. You tell me.

Salty, I know CST and you are entitled to your opinion but I can assure you he is far from how you describe. In fact he is one of the better human beings I have ever interacted with
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Machina wrote:
Salty wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:

I was pulled over and asked to do a field sobriety test once and the cop told me he did have a quota for the night

But there is only 7 people to blame for Grants DUI and it is Grant himself and the losers who rode with him. Blaming the cop for a DUI is weak sauce
Quota or not... If you're breaking the law, you deserve what happens to you.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What would've happened to Machina if he was stone cold sober and refused a FST?

Beat down and lock up. You know it. no legal recourse. Violence and threats are what police use to maintain order.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Katzenfreund wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Me thinks our AD just doesn't trust corrupt Larry about Friday
Kevin Calabro and Yogi Roth mentioned at the end of the Pac-12 Networks broadcast of the Utah vs. Colorado game regarding the national championship that "hopefully Oregon can win that title for the Pac-12". That's quite a statement from a media company that's supposed to represent the whole conference.

The last thing the Pac-12 wants is an Arizona win. I fully expect us to get screwed by Larry's minions again.
Thats damning KF.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Katzenfreund wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Me thinks our AD just doesn't trust corrupt Larry about Friday
Kevin Calabro and Yogi Roth mentioned at the end of the Pac-12 Networks broadcast of the Utah vs. Colorado game regarding the national championship that "hopefully Oregon can win that title for the Pac-12". That's quite a statement from a media company that's supposed to represent the whole conference.

The last thing the Pac-12 wants is an Arizona win. I fully expect us to get screwed by Larry's minions again.
pac12 knows it's best shot (in fact, it's only guaranteed shot) to have a team in the final four is Oregon to win. so, yeah.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
So then what is the point of championship game?

Fuck Larry Scott.

Larry wants Oregon, Bigger BRAND. There is precedence.
It's a pretty ballsy presentation he's got on that website, did you view the entire thing? I couldn't make it through it all.

prh wrote:Gentlemen, please open the damn link and see the real details of his initiative.
It's mind blowing, isn't it.

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

prh wrote:Gentlemen, please open the damn link and see the real details of his initiative.
Ha ha I know.

I fully expect a few bad calls. Reading between the lines the Head Official quit because of the bow call. Right call and cited in the rules but heaven forbid a call earlier in the game for unsportsmanlike gets called in Oregon. Scott holding anything for Arizona is a sin for him.
Salty

Post by Salty »

CalStateTempe wrote:What would've happened to Machina if he was stone cold sober and refused a FST?

Beat down and lock up. You know it. no legal recourse. Violence and threats are what police use to maintain order.
:lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Anyone remember at TOS when Salty posted that the Larry Scott/Ed Rush/Michael Irving situation was dead already, and about five minutes later his resignation was announced?

Good times...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Salty

Post by Salty »

UAEebs86 wrote:Anyone remember at TOS when Salty posted that the Larry Scott/Ed Rush/Michael Irving situation was dead already, and about five minutes later his resignation was announced?

Good times...
I still don't think that was some sort of pro-UCLA conspiracy. I do understand how Ed Rush may have been targeting coaches who were critical of the conference.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Salty wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Anyone remember at TOS when Salty posted that the Larry Scott/Ed Rush/Michael Irving situation was dead already, and about five minutes later his resignation was announced?

Good times...
I still don't think that was some sort of pro-UCLA conspiracy. I do understand how Ed Rush may have been targeting coaches who were critical of the conference.
Follow the money.

When has Larry Scott not been about money? LA is only the second biggest media market in the US.

Saw a quote today in the RR/Helfrich interviews where Helfrich was thanking the Knight family.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Salty wrote:

Good times...
So you are admitting there was an anti-Sean Miller//Greg Byrne/Arizona conspiracy?

And yet you are still wondering what the motive could be?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Good times...
I remember this, so damn funny.

I also remember Salty last year bitching about RichRod not "understanding the rivalry" and threatening to cancel his season tickets for this season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Salty

Post by Salty »

Merkin wrote:
Salty wrote:

Good times...
Follow the money.

When has Larry Scott not been about money? LA is only the second biggest media market in the US.

Saw a quote today in the RR/Helfrich interviews where Helfrich was thanking the Knight family.
So why let UCLA lose to Stanford? :lol:
Salty

Post by Salty »

azcat34 wrote:
Salty wrote:

Good times...
So you are admitting there was an anti-Sean Miller//Greg Byrne/Arizona conspiracy?

And yet you are still wondering what the motive could be?
I'm admitting that the conference was sick of head coaches who were speaking out about the officiating. Sean Miller was the benefit of this (Colorado vs Arizona 2012) and then he was the target of this (UCLA vs Arizona 2013 Conference tourney).

It's never been the conference vs Byrne/Miller/Arizona. There's nothing for them to gain by that. Think like a businessman.
Salty

Post by Salty »

azcat34 wrote:

Good times...
I remember this, so damn funny.

I also remember Salty last year bitching about RichRod not "understanding the rivalry" and threatening to cancel his season tickets for this season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Losing 58-21 to asu hurt.

I still don't think RR cares much about the rivalry. Not like coaches of the past did anyhow. Luckily, RR is a damn good coach and can beat them straight up.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

You guys do remember the Coordinator of Pac 12 officials resigning in October, right? Never got the skinny on what that was all about, but it did follow a week where some of the biggest football teams in the Pac 12 went down. Coincidence? Don't know, but it was highly unusual for a coordinator to resign Mid-Season! Whole lot of smoke coming out of the Pac 12 office when it comes to officiating.

Go Cats!!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The coordinator quit because he was under fire from the commissioners office who blamed those key losses on calls made or not made