Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Kansas

Post by Longhorned »

oh well
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:There's 13:00 left in the second half, and I'm calling UC Davis to pull this one off and achieve the first-ever 16-seed victory over a 1-seed.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

It was 20 years ago today,
Coach Lute Olson told the team to play...

Arizona over No. 1 ranked Kansas 85-82

20 years since arguably the second greatest victory in Arizona basketball history.

Get in here and post your special memories for our buddy enfuego. I know that game has a special place in his heart.

http://allsportstucson.com/2017/01/07/t ... years-ago/

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks AG:

-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

That was awesome. Bear Down.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

It is going to be so sweet when Kansas puts a beat down on Arizona in the title game this year.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I would love to see Arizona play the best team in the Big 12

Too bad that won't happen since Iowa State lost early.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:I would love to see Arizona play the best team in the Big 12

Too bad that won't happen since Iowa State lost early.
Yeah too bad. Big 12 has run through Ames for quite a while now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Oregon would win the Big 12.
-JB
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Oregon champion of the big 12
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Rock chalk Enflamo. Would the Jaylbirds be 4th in the Pac-12?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If we thought the "Sean Miller can't win the big one" conversation got out of hand, what must be the tone about Bill Self with a #1 seed be amongst Kansas fans right now?
KaibabKat wrote:Rock chalk Enflamo. Would the Jaylbirds be 4th in the Pac-12?
Enfuego was pretty classy after our loss. Just sayin'...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Yeah as much as I wanna bump the things more clutch than Self thread he wasn't a complete ass after our L
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Yep, fuego was pretty classy. That was a good post in the Sean Miller thread.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Puerco wrote:Yep, fuego was pretty classy. That was a good post in the Sean Miller thread.
Yeah, it's hard to talk the usual trash when he didn't troll after we lost.

KU was looking like the feam to beat, then that happens. Oregon is a really good team, but I was shocked KU looked like that.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I think enfuego earned a one-week pass from any flaming for his comments after our game. I thought very highly of Oregon coming into the tournament but I was completely shocked by Kansas losing to them, or any team period. I was convinced UNC would be the only team who could keep the margin within single digits.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Kansas was the team to beat firing on all cylinders,but I wasn't shocked to see them drop one; they had some real head scratching losses down the stretch, not including their performance during the conference tourney.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Jackson was suspended that game and im sure lack of motivation to play in a tournament that had minimal impact on their seed played a part as well. Surprising to see but I didnt think much of that particular loss
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Puerco wrote:Yep, fuego was pretty classy. That was a good post in the Sean Miller thread.

Awwww...he's growing up, right before our own eyes. [dabs away tears]
-JB
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I'm sure Sean Miller is clean. It's too bad there is a bad apple in your program. I think even if you loose a couple of players to this fiasco (I think this is more than just four programs... I'll wager every program... every program does this) Arizona will yield a title contender this year.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

We should tighten up those players for sure.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:I'm sure Sean Miller is clean. It's too bad there is a bad apple in your program. I think even if you loose a couple of players to this fiasco (I think this is more than just four programs... I'll wager every program... every program does this) Arizona will yield a title contender this year.
We are all just wondering/fearing if a title or whatever final result is going to be later vacated....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:I'm sure Sean Miller is clean. It's too bad there is a bad apple in your program. I think even if you loose a couple of players to this fiasco (I think this is more than just four programs... I'll wager every program... every program does this) Arizona will yield a title contender this year.
This is the most logical thing I've seen you post. I wouldn't even say I'm sure Miller is clean, but the rest is legit, especially about the state of most programs.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
We are all just wondering/fearing if a title or whatever final result is going to be later vacated....
That's a good point and we all know how slow the wheels of the NCAA turn. They should be on top of this before the season starts and work with the programs to determine who is and not eligible, so that something like that doesn't come in to play.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not saying this is real, just interesting so thought I would leave it here.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Oohhhh fuegsssss....
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Only our University paper can turn a non-issue into a conspiracy. Every conspiracy angle they create disappears with the passage of time and they never follow up, retract any of their false innuendos. Boggles my mind.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

enfuego wrote:Only our University paper can turn a non-issue into a conspiracy. Every conspiracy angle they create disappears with the passage of time and they never follow up, retract any of their false innuendos. Boggles my mind.
Kinda like KU's inflated pre-season rankings that never live up to expectations.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Aww buddy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:Only our University paper can turn a non-issue into a conspiracy. Every conspiracy angle they create disappears with the passage of time and they never follow up, retract any of their false innuendos. Boggles my mind.
You dropped a reasonable post on Arizona when the scandal dropped, so I'll return that. I posted similar in the main board.

There really are only two options with this sort of request. First is that all potential info on KU is beyond investigation and can be put out in FOIA. This would be the best thing for KU, but it's unlikely to happen.

The other option is that potential info is part of an active investigation. This does not necessarily mean there is info on KU or that there is bad info on KU, but it doesn't close any doors. That's where we are. I think any adidas school would rather have a closed door, but that probably isn't happening.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
You dropped a reasonable post on Arizona when the scandal dropped, so I'll return that. I posted similar in the main board.

There really are only two options with this sort of request. First is that all potential info on KU is beyond investigation and can be put out in FOIA. This would be the best thing for KU, but it's unlikely to happen.

The other option is that potential info is part of an active investigation. This does not necessarily mean there is info on KU or that there is bad info on KU, but it doesn't close any doors. That's where we are. I think any adidas school would rather have a closed door, but that probably isn't happening.

Adidas is being investigated. We're an Adidas school.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Why does furd get Kansas at golden one center in Sac on dec 21??!?

Like I'm gonna go, and hope both lose. Wish cats would have a noncon game like this
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

CalStateTempe wrote:Why does furd get Kansas at golden one center in Sac on dec 21??!?

Like I'm gonna go, and hope both lose. Wish cats would have a noncon game like this
Doesn't hurt that their head coach is Jerod Haase. I wonder where he went to college and if he played basketball? ;)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RichRod to KU?

Kansas Finishes With 21 Yards TOTAL in Humiliating 43-0 Loss to TCU

http://collegesportsonly.com/college-fo ... s-tcu.html" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Early in the 4th Kansas actually had negative total yardage for the game.

Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

LeBatard did a bit yesterday or the day before about Kansas football being the worst "big school" team in all of college football. The numbers were gross. Something like forty-some road losses in a row? I want to say it's been like - 8 years. Made me feel a little better about our bb/fb discrepancy. He also replayed that great old bit about the Morris Twins fighting a bunch of the football team.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

They last won a game away from Lawrence in 2009 and their last conference road win was in 2008

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Are they still paying Fat Charlie? Think Notre Dame finally made their last payment last year.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I saw them play at Iowa State. Terrible.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

This will be their 8th consecutive season with 3 or less wins. only 5 wins against power 5 conference schools since 2009. including Texas though :lol:
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I’m missing your point with how this relates to Kansas BUT very cool song so thanks for that....never heard it before but cool tunes fo sho!
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Merkin wrote:Are they still paying Fat Charlie? Think Notre Dame finally made their last payment last year.
As at May 2015: https://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php ... as.128755/" target="_blank
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
I’m missing your point with how this relates to Kansas BUT very cool song so thanks for that....never heard it before but cool tunes fo sho!
Sorry. Thought this was the thread where everyone posts about KU's losses and I post about Arizona's face plants?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »