Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BE4RDOWN21

Re: Sean Miller

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

How about this scenario, with a grain of salt...Say Miller did speak to Dawkins and cash was brought up, but Miller declined to deal. And then, say Miller mentioned the ordeal to his coaching staff, which sparked intrigue with Book (who we know has had a shady past) which led him to reach out to Dawkins on his own, for his own gain... Homer conspiracy boner is raging
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Dawkins seems to have many connections he easily coulda been spouting out of his ass the last few weeks and it found it's way to slobcock
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gotta give it to vitale at least he responds back Arizona fans.

Maybe start tweeting him to release the tapes.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

ERRONEOUS
SHIT
PRODUCiNG
NETWORK
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The biggest Fuck You to ESPN is getting him, and Trier for that matter, back on the sidelines ASAP cutting down the nets on FS1.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Olsondogg wrote:The biggest Fuck You to ESPN is getting him, and Trier for that matter, back on the sidelines ASAP cutting down the nets on FS1.
Or if he chooses again to not be on the sidelines, when we win, then Miller walks out to "Bring em out", unfolds the ladder, and cuts the nets down like a boss. And then says "is that all you got?"
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

In mckale or Vegas?

Either would be fucking awesome.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

phxcat23 wrote:
CatHoops wrote:I'll have my shit on espn signs ready for Sat night
Too bad our security is so strict with signs....maybe they'll let it slide this week?
Roll it up, stick it down your pants. I snuck in Chipotle burritos a time or two when I was drunk and hungry.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Hard for me to imagine he won't be on the floor for Senior day either...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:In mckale or Vegas?

Either would be fucking awesome.

Yes
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It's on P12 so nobody will see it anyway.

#firelarryscott
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

btfd16 wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:
Too bad our security is so strict with signs....maybe they'll let it slide this week?
Roll it up, stick it down your pants. I snuck in Chipotle burritos a time or two when I was drunk and hungry.
There's a joke here somewhere...

I already have a Chipotle burrito in my pants...

I did that once and ended up in a sorority house...

I have no room for a 2nd Chipotle burrito...

Imagine the disappointment of some new admirers when I removed the burrito and started to eat

and so on

(hijack)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Are douchebags pasche and Walton signed up for this weeks games?

I hope the zoo gives em hell.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:

It's on P12 so nobody will see it anyway.

#firelarryscott
Ain’t is great?

If we had a real conference commissioner to go to bat with us.

Nope, Arizona’s holding down the fort alone.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:Are douchebags pasche and Walton signed up for this weeks games?

I hope the zoo gives em hell.
No. FS1 Thursday PAC12 Saturday

No more of them the rest of the way
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Yeah we won't be making another ESPN appearance this season.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Yeah we won't be making another ESPN appearance this season.
Well, not for a game.
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Yeah we won't be making another ESPN appearance this season.
They probably wouldn't even show up for the National Championship Parade.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:How about this scenario, with a grain of salt...Say Miller did speak to Dawkins and cash was brought up, but Miller declined to deal. And then, say Miller mentioned the ordeal to his coaching staff, which sparked intrigue with Book (who we know has had a shady past) which led him to reach out to Dawkins on his own, for his own gain... Homer conspiracy boner is raging
Frankly, it could be like this:

Dawkins: Book asked me about $100,000, he says it's for Ayton.

Miller: Don't talk to Book about stuff like that, talk to me.

Conversation moves on. I've never seen why Miller would ask Dawkins to deal with him from that point on if they walked away from a conversation with a deal.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Guys ESPN will not be held accountable. You all probably still think the Patriots doctored footballs, am I right?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:How about this scenario, with a grain of salt...Say Miller did speak to Dawkins and cash was brought up, but Miller declined to deal. And then, say Miller mentioned the ordeal to his coaching staff, which sparked intrigue with Book (who we know has had a shady past) which led him to reach out to Dawkins on his own, for his own gain... Homer conspiracy boner is raging

Conversation moves on. I've never seen why Miller would ask Dawkins to deal with him from that point on if they walked away from a conversation with a deal.
Problem is, that conversation won't be seen in circles that want to make this story in to a story as Miller being innocent. Miller MUST at that moment SLAM DOWN THE PHONE, say "YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE GAME I LOVE", then burn all of his Nike stuff in protest of the culture.

Nothing short of that...or nothing on wire...will suffice in the larger circles of this witch (he is a witch, right?) hunt.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Pac12 championship should be espn
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CatHoops wrote:Pac12 championship should be espn
It is FS1 this year
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CatHoops wrote:Pac12 championship should be espn
FS1
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EVCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Problem is, that conversation won't be seen in circles that want to make this story in to a story as Miller being innocent. Miller MUST at that moment SLAM DOWN THE PHONE, say "YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE GAME I LOVE", then burn all of his Nike stuff in protest of the culture.

Nothing short of that...or nothing on wire...will suffice in the larger circles of this witch (he is a witch, right?) hunt.
People who want to get Miller will use anything.

That doesn't mean Arizona has to bow to those people. If that scenario was what was on the wire, should Miller go?

If a discussion happens and concludes without a resolution, what then? Nailing down the actual language of the discussion is huge and that can potentially be done.
mofo

Post by mofo »

I'm sure this has already been said since it's hard to keep up with all the posts, but didn't the original info that came out last fall from the FBI suggest that someone at University 4 had offered 6 figures to a recruit? Then there was another reference made to one of the recipients already having been paid and we were speculating on who that was? I know the Quinerly thing, but I thought the general consensus on these boards was that someone on the current roster may have incriminating evidence against them.

I could be way off, but if not perhaps ESPN's report is that same issue, only with names this time?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

mofo wrote:I'm sure this has already been said since it's hard to keep up with all the posts, but didn't the original info that came out last fall from the FBI suggest that someone at University 4 had offered 6 figures to a recruit? Then there was another reference made to one of the recipients already having been paid and we were speculating on who that was? I know the Quinerly thing, but I thought the general consensus on these boards was that someone on the current roster may have incriminating evidence against them.

I could be way off, but if not perhaps ESPN's report is that same issue, only with names this time?
In the original complaint, Miami coaches wanted 150k for Nassir Little, saying Arizona had offered that to Little. That's the reference you're thinking of.
mofo

Post by mofo »

I think you're right. Thanks.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

It was Nassir Little. But it was only dawkins talking money like he always has. Making up fake stories to benefit himself with money. That's why andy miller fired him stole 40k
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: People who want to get Miller will use anything.

That doesn't mean Arizona has to bow to those people. If that scenario was what was on the wire, should Miller go?

If a discussion happens and concludes without a resolution, what then? Nailing down the actual language of the discussion is huge and that can potentially be done.
Not disagreeing...but then the perception that the NCAA is coming with sanctions will continue.

And then we are two classes out. And not winning.

Perception matters. And people with so much invested in the "he is guilty" position will look for any place to dig in at this point. Either they are rewarded with the real scoop or they get partial footing and create the perception that they were right all along.

I am not agreeing with the position. But I can't just ignore how likely that kind of outcome might be.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Ok guys it’s been about 4 hours since someone tweeted or any major articles came out and 2 days since anything for the university.

Need some updates and soon.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Ok guys it’s been about 4 hours since someone tweeted or any major articles came out and 2 days since anything for the university.

Same. I need more news so I can not do work.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You would think ESPN would have a follow-up story by now. Nope!

You would also think they’d want to correct all the false info they’ve put out (like Darren Rovell saying Miller gets more money if fired with cause than without). Nope!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sorta think no news is good news at this point.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Ok guys it’s been about 4 hours since someone tweeted or any major articles came out and 2 days since anything for the university.

Fingers crossed that (as I said above) silence is good.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's now after 5 PM on Monday, and ESPN still has no update to the vague, three sentence long substance of their breaking news story from Friday night. No additional details to address any questions raised by readers and credible people in the media.

How was this information acquired? What did Sean Miller say in the intercepted telephone conversations? How do we know? Can you clarify when, other than on a corrections page? How do these conversations fit in with the larger timeline of the investigation? Why didn't the FBI act on the substance of the conversations? Is there any named source willing to comment on this news event? Not even one?

This is still all we have:
FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN.

According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Sean Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said.

The telephone calls between Sean Miller and Dawkins were among 3,000 hours of conversations intercepted from Dawkins' phone by the FBI.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's now after 5 PM on Monday, and ESPN still has no update to the vague, three sentence long substance of their breaking news story from Friday night. No additional details to address any questions raised by readers and credible people in the media.

How was this information acquired? What did Sean Miller say in the intercepted telephone conversations? How do we know? Can you clarify when, other than on a corrections page? How do these conversations fit in with the larger timeline of the investigation? Why didn't the FBI act on the substance of the conversations? Is there any named source willing to comment on this news event? Not even one?

This is still all we have:
FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN.

According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Sean Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said.

The telephone calls between Sean Miller and Dawkins were among 3,000 hours of conversations intercepted from Dawkins' phone by the FBI.
For what it's worth, locally, news outlets have full stories on the questions about sourcing and reliability on the ESPN article. It seems like the the tide is quietly turning a little. We'll see.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Pascoe saying Miller was not at practice.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

? If this is true and these are sealed docs. With a gag order wouldn't this essentially be good for miller cause it would be thrown out by a judge since the defendant didn't abide
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Not good news, but not unexpected
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Olsondogg wrote:Pascoe saying Miller was not at practice.
That sucks.
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

Not a great sign or am I wrong?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

CatHoops wrote:? If this is true and these are sealed docs. With a gag order wouldn't this essentially be good for miller cause it would be thrown out by a judge since the defendant didn't abide
I have zero legal clue, but I like where this is going.. In the words of Justin Thomas this weekend, talk dirty to me...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Miller was probably meeting with University officials and lawyers and the such...just sayin.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

That could be bad, or good?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

OSCat wrote:
Not a good sign, but not a bad sign yet in my opinion. If he is not back by Wednesday then it is an issue in my mind. Potential issue that is. Could just be doing what he needs to do.

Just hope he is on the bench Thursday
Last edited by PHXCATS on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I don't think you, nor I nor anyone you'll hear from will know.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The only thing to infer is that the UofA hasn't made a decision yet (or at least are willing to go public with that decision)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

OSCat wrote:
Not a great sign. If Miller was there I’d be confident that his case is airtight and this shit is going to work out in his favor.