Post by NYCat »

Stay tuned...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CalStateTempe

Re: Sean Miller

Post by CalStateTempe »

NYCat wrote:Stay tuned...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yup...judge jury executioner at the ABOR meeting today.

I’m totally skipping out on our organization town hall. No WiFi/poor WiFi in that conference room.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Initially I thought the fact that Ayton was questioned by the FBI/Pac12/UA gave traction to ESPN's story if even a little bit, but the more I think about it the more I am considering that Ayton is not an anomaly here...no one knew that Ayton had been questioned until the Lawyer representing his family came forward, because of student privacy laws NO ONE has known that the reality is Ayton and all new recruits as well as former recruits were probably questioned because of the Book Richardson FUBAR...

While the FBI has asked the schools and NCAA to withhold investigating until they are done, compliance would require that ANY student athlete suspected of ineligibility be questioned, my money is on the University ASKING the FBI to help it maintain compliance and cooperate in the questioning of students hence Ayton/et al have gone through a fairly rigorous pre-season vetting by Federal Agents, Pac 12 compliance officials, NCAA legals, University legals and this entire program has been under a microscope since Sept.

If Miller is dirty he is greater than any witch that has ever lived because he's still here.

I cannot imagine the University not having a truckload of reports that can corroborate Millers position...unlike ESPN.

So who does the ABOR believe it's own internal team or some hack Disney Sports Frogs who want to be kissed?
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

My guess this was a sham to make Az infractions look terrible when book accepting a few thousand to "maybe" get dawkins clients... book is on record saying hes not promissing anything. Anyway fuck book.. This is just one part of the alleged crimes. The shit with adidas is gonna be another shoe "the big shoe imo" lots of money there and we aren't adidas so it won't affect us.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

ABOR has a choice to make today

let miller finish botching up his last team of 5* recruits and end the season fittingly with the inevitable loss in the S16 to some less talented team that has a zone. (and you know this how it would end, with or without Trier). Also you sacrifice all shred of honesty and dignity the program ever had.

OR

clean up the toxic waste dump that is the perception of AZ bball and AZ athletics in general at this point, move on from the recruiting nuclear winter, and fire him yesterday.

take your pick.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Look guys he found the thread!
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

What a dick...
97cats

Post by 97cats »

RiseAndFire wrote:ABOR has a choice to make today

let miller finish botching up his last team of 5* recruits and end the season fittingly with the inevitable loss in the S16 to some less talented team that has a zone. (and you know this how it would end, with or without Trier). Also you sacrifice all shred of honesty and dignity the program ever had.

OR

clean up the toxic waste dump that is the perception of AZ bball and AZ athletics in general at this point, move on from the recruiting nuclear winter, and fire him yesterday.

take your pick.
thank you very much for outlining my options, you're a genius.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

CatHoops wrote:My guess this was a sham to make Az infractions look terrible when book accepting a few thousand to "maybe" get dawkins clients... book is on record saying hes not promissing anything. Anyway fuck book.. This is just one part of the alleged crimes. The shit with adidas is gonna be another shoe "the big shoe imo" lots of money there and we aren't adidas so it won't affect us.
I've thought about the WHY of the leak for a few days now...

My data leads me to believe it is a panic move because the motion to have the wiretaps thrown out is a BIG part of the case...(Dawkins/Sood/Augustine are all on tape, Augustines charges have been dropped no one is sure why)

The FBI already dropped charges on one of the original defendants, and further down the road one of the FBI agents that was connected to Dawkins went off the reservation and it is possible ALL of his evidence is going to get tossed because of misconduct issues (he went on a party spree with fed money according to sources).

The wiretap is the hinge pin to the Prosecutors case...muddy it up...get it talked about make it seem illegitimate.

Dirt move but brilliant.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:Stay tuned...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This does not make me feel good. This is too early to reach an informed decision. Even if that decision was keeping him, too early.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

The resident nut job is here!
Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

Hahaha!
What a fucktard.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

RiseAndFire wrote:ABOR has a choice to make today

OR

take your pick.
There’s always a third option.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yup do not have a good feeling about today.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sorry if already mentioned, but is Miller himself at this meeting today, or is it closed session ABOR?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If ABOR fires Miller you’re gonna hear shrieks of joy out of Bristol so loud and fast.

Essentially implicitly saying that we agree with the report.

Good bye lawsuit from ariozna
Goodbye Miller
Goodbye Arizona basketball.

The doomsday clock is at 11:59:37 for our beloved program.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

"Check out some of their concepts"?

Is Dick Vitale remotely sharp?
prh

Post by prh »

What time is the ABOR meeting?
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

Rise and Fire...go back to your Assu board and....
https://youtu.be/Eyi8iHFqI5I" target="_blank
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:Yup do not have a good feeling about today.
You keep saying this but why? Not discounting your feeling but want to know why You have it

The head of ABOR has our backs I can say that with 99 percent certainty

The facts work in our favor

The money works in our favor
Last edited by PHXCATS on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:I'm off to hold hands across America and tackle peace in the middle east. Pigs are flying, and fish are riding bicycles.

Sorry, but there wasn't anything for the Middle East thing.

I'll try harder next time.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PHXCATS wrote:
You keep saying this but why?

Cognitively, I believe all of the above to be true, but that’s just a feeling I have.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Again, I am team Machina.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That piece from The Ringer by Mark Titus is brilliant. I love this quote:
To be clear, I’m not saying that Miller is innocent or that the tape in question doesn’t exist. For all that I know, the FBI might release a tape tomorrow in which Miller will be revealed to have said: “I, Sean Miller, head coach of the Arizona University Wildcats basketball team, will pay you, Christian Dawkins, $100,000 if you can convince Deandre Ayton to commit to my program. The payment will be made by placing stacks of non-consecutive $20 bills in a duffel bag that will be left behind the handicap toilet at Dirtbag’s on Wednesday at 2:15 a.m.”
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
CatHoops wrote:My guess this was a sham to make Az infractions look terrible when book accepting a few thousand to "maybe" get dawkins clients... book is on record saying hes not promissing anything. Anyway fuck book.. This is just one part of the alleged crimes. The shit with adidas is gonna be another shoe "the big shoe imo" lots of money there and we aren't adidas so it won't affect us.
I've thought about the WHY of the leak for a few days now...

My data leads me to believe it is a panic move because the motion to have the wiretaps thrown out is a BIG part of the case...(Dawkins/Sood/Augustine are all on tape, Augustines charges have been dropped no one is sure why)

The FBI already dropped charges on one of the original defendants, and further down the road one of the FBI agents that was connected to Dawkins went off the reservation and it is possible ALL of his evidence is going to get tossed because of misconduct issues (he went on a party spree with fed money according to sources).

The wiretap is the hinge pin to the Prosecutors case...muddy it up...get it talked about make it seem illegitimate.

Dirt move but brilliant.
Makes tons of sense.. Tough to track cash payments otherwise
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Cognitively, I believe all of the above to be true, but that’s just a feeling I have.
My concern is that it seems like the reference to deciding his future seems like keep/fire, and it is too early to exonerate him. If by deciding future they mean keep him pending investigation, that's legit, but future seems awfully broad.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I truly hope machina and Odogg are right.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

My concern is that it seems like the reference to deciding his future seems like keep/fire, and it is too early to exonerate him. If by deciding future they mean keep him pending investigation, that's legit, but future seems awfully broad.
So Saturday they met and decided to get more info and meet again. With all that has happened since I think they say to do the same but instead of 3 days later it be a month or 6 weeks later unless more breaks
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

We all woke up Saturday convinced he was gonna be fired. We all woke up Tuesday convinced he was gonna be fired?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Weird times for Lorenzo Romar.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gotcha. I didn’t know they already had a meeting on sat. Thanks machina.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Olsondogg wrote:We all woke up Saturday convinced he was gonna be fired. We all woke up Tuesday convinced he was gonna be fired?
I am convinced that the ABOR, Heeke and Robbins will give it until April sometime to make another decision and will allow Miller to coach this week and in the tournaments.

My biggest concern is that this is taking away from the #FreeZo movement at this time. But gotta get this addressed first. Maybe attack the #FreeZo movement Friday or early next week so Trier can get the rust knocked off in Vegas.
Last edited by PHXCATS on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:We all woke up Saturday convinced he was gonna be fired. We all woke up Tuesday convinced he was gonna be fired?
Saturday? Yes. Today? No fucking idea.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

PHXCATS wrote:
I am convinced that the ABOR, Heeke and Robbins will give it until April sometime to make another decision and will allow Miller to coach this week and in the tournaments.

My biggest concern is that this is taking away from the #FreeZo movement at this time. But gotta get his addressed first. Maybe attack the #FreeZo movement Friday or early next week so Trier can get the rust knocked off in Vegas.

I can't believe that I am literally agreeing with Machina on every fucking topic. WTF is going on. I've been all over the Allonzo stuff on Twitter
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

My biggest concern is that this is taking away from the #FreeZo movement at this time. But gotta get his addressed first. Maybe attack the #FreeZo movement Friday or early next week so Trier can get the rust knocked off in Vegas.

I can't believe that I am literally agreeing with Machina on every fucking topic. WTF is going on. I've been all over the Allonzo stuff on Twitter
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Longhorned wrote:"Check out some of their concepts"?

Is Dick Vitale remotely sharp?
Whether he was ever sharp, I don’t know. But what is clear is that he, like certain other members of the public realm today, has clearly passed his sell-by date. Would you be willing to have your 78 year old dad/grandad have to go on national television and comment or respond to fast moving events with clarity, thoughtfulness and precision? I definitely would not. Which begs the question, why do we keep this guy around other than in an emeritus role. When I was a student in architecture school, I remember the fondness and simultaneous exasperation whenever the professor emeritus came in to final reviews to comment on student projects. We loved the guy, and occasionally he had something insightful to say. But mostly we rolled our eyebrows internally at his irrelevant comments and rambling stories.

Vitale could function in this emeritus role, but he ought not be out on the front lines. And I remember thinking what a hypocrite he was as he was shrillly freaking out on camera about Sean Miller. After the one-and-done rule, he’s arguably the second biggest factor in the rise of the illicit pay for play era. The way he used to go on and on endlessly about the diaper dandies and the recruiting class Duke or UNC or whoever was bringing in next year to the exclusion of commenting on the current team and game . . . this all fed into the recruiting mania and obsession over incoming freshman rather than rising junior and seniors already in the program. In summation, fuck this guy.
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

The Arizona Board of Regents' website does not have any public notice published for a special meeting today. I believe the are subject to the Open Meeting Laws so it does not look (to me) like any meeting will occur today.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I am basically new around here but is there a thread somewhere that I can connect the pseudonyms with actual posters?

Machina I now believe to be PHXCATS...

How or why that is true I have no idea...there should be a sticky somewhere explaining names and histories...

Maybe after this battle for Miller/Zo someone with patience can rehash the battle scars and animosity in a Titus condensed post of sorts...

Asking for a friend.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If Machina is correct in all this, and he's in Vegas next week, I'll buy him a beer.

I won't stay and drink with him, but I'll buy him a goddamn drink.
Last edited by Olsondogg on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

jigsaw wrote:The Arizona Board of Regents' website does not have any public notice published for a special meeting today. I believe the are subject to the Open Meeting Laws so it does not look (to me) like any meeting will occur today.
I am not 100 percent but I believe emergency meetings are not open to the public
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Miller stays and we party hardy. First round on me for all of the peeps here. One would think they would make an announcement soon so he could be t practice today and I would think if they were moving on there would have already been an announcement of a press conference as you wouldn't just tweet that stuff out
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:If Machina is correct in all this, and he's in Vegas next week, I'll buy him a beer.

I won't stay and drink with him, but I'll buy him a goddamn drink.
God damn I hope machina is right in this! :lol:
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

This is a closed-door meeting with attorneys. Robbins and Heeke should be there. Not sure exactly when the meeting is wrapping up but everyone expects another statement from Bill Ridenour this afternoon.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

NYCat wrote:
“247Sports sources with knowledge of the content of the audio tapes – which remain under a federal seal – believe they would exonerate the coach of ESPN’s allegations.“

Bam. Of course those “sources” are probably Sean Miller or those close to him.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thats a strong rebuttal cotton.

I like
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
NYCat wrote:
“247Sports sources with knowledge of the content of the audio tapes – which remain under a federal seal – believe they would exonerate the coach of ESPN’s allegations.“

Bam. Of course those “sources” are probably Sean Miller or those close to him.
Yup, I like.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

They would exonerate him? Dawkins offered Miller the money not Ayton
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

NYCat wrote:They would exonerate him? Dawkins offered Miller the money not Ayton
Money to steer ayton to ASM.

To which Miller said “hell no, get the fuck out.”

That’s the part of the wiretap that didn’t get shared with schlammy
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I am basically new around here but is there a thread somewhere that I can connect the pseudonyms with actual posters?

Machina I now believe to be PHXCATS...

How or why that is true I have no idea...there should be a sticky somewhere explaining names and histories...

Maybe after this battle for Miller/Zo someone with patience can rehash the battle scars and animosity in a Titus condensed post of sorts...

Asking for a friend.
There are approximately 6/7 posters that have had the same moniker for the past 35 years over all boards which, starting with AOL, number approximately 6. All the rest have had probably 3/4 monikers, some are known to have had dozens. When things get rough for posters--now and yesterday--they either change name or identity perhaps to put forth "opinions" from both sides. Either that or lend support to their beleaguered 'half' that, for them, seems to be not fairing well for the moment.

So good luck with getting your scorecard........................... but if you do, please post it for all of us to see.
Last edited by Hank of sb on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.