Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by TheCat »

I
agree with you on all points, but what about the culture of non-compliance with Book, Miller's conversations with Dawkins, and the FBI complaint's transcripts in which Dawkins and Andy Miller discussed having open access to our practices? I'm not saying we should rush to judgment on the wiretap stuff, but there are a lot of reasons to consider moving on.
Why don't you read the indictment. Sure they said they had open access and were practically part of the team (Dawkins). In fact they traveled to Tucson to watch practice and build relationships with the team. How did that go? They met no players, attended no practices and met at a restraunt where they talked to Book. What you say and what is true is often different especially when you are taking the word of a guy that was fired for misuing a clients credit card. Dawkins was a two bit scammer.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

TheCat wrote:Why don't you read the indictment. Sure they said they had open access and were practically part of the team (Dawkins). In fact they traveled to Tucson to watch practice and build relationships with the team. How did that go? They met no players, attended no practices and met at a restraunt where they talked to Book. What you say and what is true is often different especially when you are taking the word of a guy that was fired for misuing a clients credit card. Dawkins was a two bit scammer.
So you think Miller turned Dawkins away from practices despite admitting to conversations with him and despite Book's close relationship with Dawkins and ASM? It's possible but improbable.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

TatetheGreat wrote:
TheCat wrote:Why don't you read the indictment. Sure they said they had open access and were practically part of the team (Dawkins). In fact they traveled to Tucson to watch practice and build relationships with the team. How did that go? They met no players, attended no practices and met at a restraunt where they talked to Book. What you say and what is true is often different especially when you are taking the word of a guy that was fired for misuing a clients credit card. Dawkins was a two bit scammer.
So you think Miller turned Dawkins away from practices despite admitting to conversations with him and despite Book's close relationship with Dawkins and ASM? It's possible but improbable.
Why? Why is that fucking improbable???

IF Millers statement is considered vs a known bullshit agent liar, Miller told him "No"...

If Miller knew Dawkins was trying to sell players (Bowen) notice how quickly we backed off of Bowen and let him go somewhere else, what on earth makes you ASSume that Miller would let a known corrupt agent have access to his team??

The UofA compliance division has already stated as FACT that there were no agents at the practices...do you think Miller runs the entire UofA???

You WANT Miller to be dirty, so you have arranged hearsay to support your narrative instead of compiling the evidence and making an informed ADULT intelligent decision.

Dawkins was not at our practices the UNIVERSITY has said as much.

Try again.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

IF Millers statement is considered vs a known bullshit agent liar, Miller told him "No"...

If Miller knew Dawkins was trying to sell players (Bowen) notice how quickly we backed off of Bowen and let him go somewhere else, what on earth makes you ASSume that Miller would let a known corrupt agent have access to his team??

The UofA compliance division has already stated as FACT that there were no agents at the practices...do you think Miller runs the entire UofA???

You WANT Miller to be dirty, so you have arranged hearsay to support your narrative instead of compiling the evidence and making an informed ADULT intelligent decision.

Try again.
Last time I repeat myself. We haven't seen smoking-gun proof of agents at practices (at McKale, on the road, in Vegas) but we know Miller and Book had multiple conversations with ASM. Why have any relationship with them if we weren't interested in their services? This is a rhetorical question.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

TatetheGreat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

Try again.
Last time I repeat myself. We haven't seen smoking-gun proof of agents at practices (at McKale, on the road, in Vegas) but we know Miller and Book had multiple conversations with ASM. Why have any relationship with them if we weren't interested in their services? This is a rhetorical question.
No need to repeat inaccurate material, so I don't care.

We DON'T know that Miller had multiple conversations with ASM or Dawkins, no one here has heard the tapes, we can only SPECULATE what is on them or how many times Miller actually talked to them, we have enough evidence to believe that BOOK had multiple conversations with them, that is why he no longer works for the State of Arizona (among other reasons)...

You are convolution evidence against Book as evidence against Miller and the FBI has made it abundantly clear he is not the one they are investigating...

So repeat all the speculation you want, it still does not build a case against Miller.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

Try again.
No need to repeat inaccurate material, so I don't care.

We DON'T know that Miller had multiple conversations with ASM or Dawkins, no one here has heard the tapes, we can only SPECULATE what is on them or how many times Miller actually talked to them, we have enough evidence to believe that BOOK had multiple conversations with them, that is why he no longer works for the State of Arizona (among other reasons)...

You are convolution evidence against Book as evidence against Miller and the FBI has made it abundantly clear he is not the one they are investigating...

So repeat all the speculation you want, it still does not build a case against Miller.
During his "I will be vindicated" press conference, Miller said Dawkins did pitch money for a player, but that player did not come to Arizona. There is also the ESPN report (which has been corrected, but not retracted) saying Miller discussed money for Ayton with Dawkins. That is at least two conversations because Ayton was class of 2017, the other player was class of 2018.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Wrong. Miller stated that the first time he ever talked with Dawkins was after Ayton had already committed. And Miller NEVER said he had multiple conversations with Dawkins. He said he had one. And, as far as we know, that ESPN report is complete bullshit.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

TatetheGreat wrote:

During his "I will be vindicated" press conference, Miller said Dawkins did pitch money for a player, but that player did not come to Arizona. There is also the ESPN report (which has been corrected, but not retracted) saying Miller discussed money for Ayton with Dawkins. That is at least two conversations because Ayton was class of 2017, the other player was class of 2018.

First of all the ESPN report was completely wrong, COMPLETELY...no way it could have even happened, and furthermore there is some suggestion that Mark Schlabach went to Books lawyer (or others) to get confirmation and was told "No you are completely wrong" hence no further confirmation, no further tweets and the general disappearance of the article from the airwaves....

When Miller issued his statement it included these words:

"THE ONE TIME SOMEONE SUGGESTED IT, IT DID NOT HAPPEN...."

Let that sink in...THE ONE FUCKING TIME IT HAPPENED....

So you're down to 1 conversation, which could very well have been the last as easily as anything else...my speculation is just as valid as yours and I am not burdened with proving a non-evidenced negative.

Try again...or don't I've had enough of your nonlinear shit.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:
I don't have to think I can read. This is stated in the indictment. It is not speculation it says what happened in the indictment. It also says twice that Dawkins recommended not dealing/bribing head coaches "because they have to much to lose". Dawkins was also trying to get investors in his startup company and he names relationships he has with assistant coaches....why not mention the big fish (Miller) to make your co. more valuable.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

BBQ wildcat wrote:Wrong. Miller stated that the first time he ever talked with Dawkins was after Ayton had already committed. And Miller NEVER said he had multiple conversations with Dawkins. He said he had one. And, as far as we know, that ESPN report is complete bullshit.
To be completely accurate I don't think Miller ever said he only talked to Dawkins once. What he said is there was one time someone offer a player for money and he didn't agree to it and the player did not come to Ariz.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

First of all the ESPN report was completely wrong, COMPLETELY...no way it could have even happened, and furthermore there is some suggestion that Mark Schlabach went to Books lawyer (or others) to get confirmation and was told "No you are completely wrong" hence no further confirmation, no further tweets and the general disappearance of the article from the airwaves....

So you're down to 1 conversation, which could very well have been the last as easily as anything else...my speculation is just as valid as yours and I am not burdened with proving a non-evidenced negative.

I think you are trying way to hard to believe that everything Miller says is 100% true and everything else is 100% false.

With everything going on with your football program, you should wash the sheets and clean up the basketball program too.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

enfuego wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

I think you are trying way to hard to believe that everything Miller says is 100% true and everything else is 100% false.

With everything going on with your football program, you should wash the sheets and clean up the basketball program too.
First of all I don't believe everything Miller says I simply believe the stuff he has said regarding the investigation and the espn article, I make a reasoned analysis based on who has the most to lose and who has the most to gain by telling the truth or lying, its really simple after that...we have one guy who is already facing serious jail time and who has been caught more than once lying, in fact he has a history of deception, vs a college basketball coach who makes a ton of money and stands to lose everything if he does lie...its really a no brainer.

Why should I believe for one second ANYTHING Dawkins says over what Miller says?

Dawkins has nothing to gain by telling the truth and everything to gain by lying...it's the exact opposite for Miller.

So tell me again what proof do you have that Miller is not being truthful and I'll point you to nearly 40k in Uber costs racked up on someone elses credit card that proves Dawkins is a shit eating liar.

But go ahead and defend if it makes you feel better...you know birds of a feather and all that.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

enfuego wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

With the state of your football program you should fold your basketball program too.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

TheCat wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:Wrong. Miller stated that the first time he ever talked with Dawkins was after Ayton had already committed. And Miller NEVER said he had multiple conversations with Dawkins. He said he had one. And, as far as we know, that ESPN report is complete bullshit.
To be completely accurate I don't think Miller ever said he only talked to Dawkins once. What he said is there was one time someone offer a player for money and he didn't agree to it and the player did not come to Ariz.
Correct. From everything we know, that player was likely Bowen (actually class of 2017, not 2018). So there were conversations about Bowen, Ayton (according to ESPN), and possibly others we have not heard about. We will have to wait for more information from Yahoo about Book and Pasternak's dealings with ASM in recruiting and steering Lauri, Rawle, Quinerly, etc. It might have just been money going to the coaches, but we can't say as of right now.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

TatetheGreat wrote:
TheCat wrote:
Correct. From everything we know, that player was likely Bowen (actually class of 2017, not 2018). So there were conversations about Bowen, Ayton (according to ESPN), and possibly others we have not heard about. We will have to wait for more information from Yahoo about Book and Pasternak's dealings with ASM in recruiting and steering Lauri, Rawle, Quinerly, etc. It might have just been money going to the coaches, but we can't say as of right now.
Millers name was noticeably absent from the last Yahoo article as were all of the recruits you just mentioned...

I suspect you listen to a lot of noise and do very little personal research on your own...you might want to try google for a change.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
TheCat wrote:
Millers name was noticeably absent from the last Yahoo article as were all of the recruits you just mentioned...

I suspect you listen to a lot of noise and do very little personal research on your own...you might want to try google for a change.
Reading comprehension much? I said we will have to wait for more info from Yahoo about Book and Pasternak.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

enfuego wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

There are several people here who scream "fake news" and "everyone is doing it" without realizing the contradiction.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Still working.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Miller and Phelps are in California watching Doutrive play this evening. Doesn't seem like he's contemplating resignation.

And Greg Hansen's column today was another shot at Miller despite no real facts to draw any worthwhile conclusions. Just a lot of supposition.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Evidently both Miller and Hansen still have their jobs. I'll take it.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

zonagrad wrote:Miller and Phelps are in California watching Doutrive play this evening. Doesn't seem like he's contemplating resignation.

And Greg Hansen's column today was another shot at Miller despite no real facts to draw any worthwhile conclusions. Just a lot of supposition.
There needs to be a continuous effort to get Greg Hasbeen fired, he is a worthless bitter hack who has no business reporting on UA at all.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Miller looking inconspicuous in that photo watching Shareef (with Shaq there) and a big Arizona logo.

lol, he's the most famous guy in there next to Shaq. This was on purpose. He is back and rebuilding.

Clean start. Miller 2.0, next era incoming.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

zonagrad wrote:Miller and Phelps are in California watching Doutrive play this evening. Doesn't seem like he's contemplating resignation.

Until you no longer have the job, you do the job. It really doesn’t mean anything.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Miller looking inconspicuous in that photo watching Shareef (with Shaq there) and a big Arizona logo.

lol, he's the most famous guy in there next to Shaq. This was on purpose. He is back and rebuilding.

I can’t wait till Miller is at a point that rebuilding isn’t a thing.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

OSUCat wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:Miller looking inconspicuous in that photo watching Shareef (with Shaq there) and a big Arizona logo.

Well, usually it's reloading... were about to get the best rated class in the Miller era until the nonsense ensued.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Bosy Billups wrote:
OSUCat wrote:

Well, usually it's reloading... were about to get the best rated class in the Miller era until the nonsense ensued.
Nonsense, or FBI corruption probe to everyone outside the bubble.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Only three guys on my blocked list and tainthelesser just made it.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Only three guys on my blocked list and tainthelesser just made it.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

OSUCat wrote:

Until you no longer have the job, you do the job. It really doesn’t mean anything.
If he's made up his mind to step down, I doubt he beats the pavement and recruits this hard while other coaches are busy in the NCAA tourney. So I disagree, it means something. Otherwise he might take a much needed vacation with his family and unplug for awhile.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

That was once upon a time all Arizona picks and then Mark Schablach happened.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

He's already built and rebuilt two programs he can do it for a third.
Mike Luke's burner account.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

KillerKlown wrote:

He's already built and rebuilt two programs he can do it for a third.
He actually took over for Matta coming off an EE. Xavier coaches have built off one another since Pete Gillen. No doubt he revived our program, though.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

azgreg wrote:Still working.
He looks like he would like to be anywhere but there.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

He needs a vacation
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Or maybe he's meeting with Pitt again...

Edit: This is a joke. I feel the need to clarify for the haters. I know some of you are on the spectrum (i.e., completely humorless and struggle with reading comprehension).
Last edited by TatetheGreat on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
TheCat wrote:

The dude has not been on the board long but he has enough posting history of awful speculative takes and being proven wrong in retrospect that I think most intelligent people will readily acknowledge the veracity of your last comment. I remember first noticing his takes on Rich Rod last fall.

Never wrestle in the mud with a pig; you both get dirty and the pig likes it.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
TheCat wrote:

The dude has not been on the board long but he has enough posting history of awful speculative takes and being proven wrong in retrospect that I think most intelligent people will readily acknowledge the veracity of your last comment. I remember first noticing his takes on Rich Rod last fall.

Hey, I wanted RR gone before any of the lawsuit stuff came out. His inept coaching during the ASU game did it for me. But we had an exciting rebound season and I was willing to have him coach another year with Tate. Maybe one day you'll come around on Miller.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

[/quote]

With everything going on with your football program, you should wash the sheets and clean up the basketball program too.[/quote]
I'm just not speculating what happened. I am relying on what the indictment said. So if you believe what Dawkins has said you must believe that he gave Josh Jackson $2200 right? If we had knee jerk reactions we would end up with Kansas as our football team.
Last edited by TheCat on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:

There needs to be a continuous effort to get Greg Hasbeen fired, he is a worthless bitter hack who has no business reporting on UA at all.
I agree. I have written to the editor a few times. I have started changing the topic to include Ryan Finley also because he is the specifc editor that is allowing this speculation. I have also quoted the Star's ethics page and how it was violated. Maybe Ryan's self preservation will kick in. Hansen is about himself.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Generally speaking, the Star is trash. I suppose this take belongs on the politics page, but guys like Fitzsimmons & Hansen are awful. I think they're spineless. Their opinions are published to provoke controversy rather than a deeper understanding of an issue. They really are simple minds who represent a mob mentality.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
He looks like he would like to be anywhere but there.
Everyone in that picture has the same exact look.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

That's the face you have when you were slated to have a recruiting class of Williams, Quinerly, O'Neal, Bol, and Little wrapped up by last November and now you're scrambling to land bodies to replace 7 open scholarships instead of being on a beach on a remote island relaxing.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Dosia wrote:He needs a vacation
Definitely, but considering he has zero commits, the vacation probably has to be postponed this year.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

I think he’s finally made up his mind to play straight up man to man
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Dosia wrote:He needs a vacation
Like, he'd have anything he enjoyed doing besides basketball.... :lol:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Harvey Specter wrote:

Tate/Great is a good poster, but probably better off sticking to the football board. His takes are a nice change of pace from the usual gloom and doom over there, including my own.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

ChooChooCat wrote:
That was once upon a time all Arizona picks and then Mark Schablach happened.
Not to beat a dead horse, but man, that Schablach hit-piece really was a dagger to the program. It is truly astonishing that there are going to be no serious repercussions for ESPN on that one. Schablach's reputation is at least soiled -- he may not have been publicly admonished by ESPN, but as a journalist, he is facing some serious issues professionally.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

More about the failure of one and dones to help their teams in the tourney but some pretty biting criticism of Miller https://www.theringer.com/march-madness ... e-and-done" target="_blank
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Merkin wrote:More about the failure of one and dones to help their teams in the tourney but some pretty biting criticism of Miller https://www.theringer.com/march-madness ... e-and-done" target="_blank
I'm not sure the writer understands basketball. Of course Arizona wanted to run everything thru Ayton. But Buffalo defended in a manner that kept him from getting the ball in the post. If you watched the game, Buffalo dared PJC & Trier to make plays. They didn't. Their inability to beat their man off the dribble was the issue. For weeks, opponents zoned Arizona with diminishing results. The trick against Arizona was to pressure the ball and prevent easy post entry passes. When a defense extends pressure, you're guards have the opportunity to attack and make plays. Our guards were dreadful. That's not Ayton's fault. And it's only Miller's fault in that he didn't have a better backcourt to counter ball pressure.