Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:You guys, this isn't Heeke. Phelps is being fired for academic fraud. That's a university issue whether or not everyone is aware of it yet.
Acting on it before there's any proof is absolutely Heeke.
And exactly how do you know there is "No proof"??? Do you have access to all the information Heeke has??? Your credibility is certainly strained on this one. Perhaps you should let this play out and find out all of the facts before you condemn Heeke.

So now he has more info than the governing body of college athletics? Something he knows suddenly that his own investigation he paid for didn’t find?

Dude, is he your dad?
Watch out ODogg, you're straining your credibility here by being right....or something.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Olsondogg wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:You guys, this isn't Heeke. Phelps is being fired for academic fraud. That's a university issue whether or not everyone is aware of it yet.
And exactly how do you know there is "No proof"??? Do you have access to all the information Heeke has??? Your credibility is certainly strained on this one. Perhaps you should let this play out and find out all of the facts before you condemn Heeke.

So now he has more info than the governing body of college athletics? Something he knows suddenly that his own investigation he paid for didn’t find?

Dude, is he your dad?
Have you been drinking???

So you know more than Heeke as well??? We certainly seem to have a number of posters who believe they have more information on the Phelps case than the AD does. Do you actually claim to know what the internal investigation discovered??

maybe you should start drinking :lol:
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

dmjcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Dude, is he your dad?

So you know more than Heeke as well??? We certainly seem to have a number of posters who believe they have more information on the Phelps case than the AD does. Do you actually claim to know what the internal investigation discovered??

maybe you should start drinking :lol:
LOL this isn't about anything I know. It's about facts concerning what happened.

The NCAA informed Phelps on Jan 22 that they were looking into this. They found nothing and are continuing their "interviews" but have not said anything happened, while Shareef remains cleared and enrolled at UCLA. Heeke looked at all this and thought this was the time to shitcan Phelps.

I don't claim to know what the internal investigation discovered but I sure as hell know that it didn't have anything to do with what happened this week. And if it had found something, Phelps or anyone else would have been shitcanned long ago.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Do we still have a game tonight? Or has it been canceled so we can continue to melt down?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Really interested in who said this.

“Sean Miller is really in a box,” said a person familiar with the details of the case. “I don’t see how he can testify and it would stay consistent with his past statements. And I don’t see how he can keep the University of Arizona without exposure.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-investiga ... 15126.html" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azcat34 wrote:Really interested in who said this.

“Sean Miller is really in a box,” said a person familiar with the details of the case. “I don’t see how he can testify and it would stay consistent with his past statements. And I don’t see how he can keep the University of Arizona without exposure.”

The lawyer for the dude about to be placed in a box in prison.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

No half measures beachcat
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote:

His words still scared poor wittle Davie though.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

And exactly how do you know there is "No proof"??? Do you have access to all the information Heeke has??? Your credibility is certainly strained on this one. Perhaps you should let this play out and find out all of the facts before you condemn Heeke.[/quote]

Dude, is he your dad?[/quote]

maybe you should start drinking :lol:[/quote]

LOL this isn't about anything I know. It's about facts concerning what happened.

The NCAA informed Phelps on Jan 22 that they were looking into this. They found nothing and are continuing their "interviews" but have not said anything happened, while Shareef remains cleared and enrolled at UCLA. Heeke looked at all this and thought this was the time to shitcan Phelps.

I don't claim to know what the internal investigation discovered but I sure as hell know that it didn't have anything to do with what happened this week. And if it had found something, Phelps or anyone else would have been shitcanned long ago.[/quote]

Nothing personal Odogg, but a reasonable person has to assume that Heeke (he is the AD) has more "Facts" at his disposal than either you or Choo. I'm not trying to piss off you or Choo (but I seem to be succeeding), I'm merely pointing out that we don't know all of the "Facts" surrounding this. As Longhorn pointed out this might be a case of academic fraud, in which case Heeke may not have even made the decision to can Phelps. I think everyone needs to calm down and let the facts come out.

If we do end up being hammered by the NCAA and end up losing our #1 class I suggest we all start drinking.......because I can't even bear to imagine what next years team will look like.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

Not sure about that specific quote, but I feel very confident that Heeke or someone on Heeke's side leaked this entire story to Yahoo, as Scheer alluded to earlier. Makes complete sense - need justification for firing this assistant without truly knowing what he did, so you leak a non-story to a reputable reporter to get this situation back in the spotlight and then what-do-you-know the assistant is fired 24 hours later.

Choo you think there's any chance Miller and the #1 class are here next year? I'm starting to get very pessimistic on the odds of them being here.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

dmjcat wrote:And exactly how do you know there is "No proof"??? Do you have access to all the information Heeke has??? Your credibility is certainly strained on this one. Perhaps you should let this play out and find out all of the facts before you condemn Heeke.

Dude, is he your dad?[/quote]

maybe you should start drinking :lol:[/quote]

I don't claim to know what the internal investigation discovered but I sure as hell know that it didn't have anything to do with what happened this week. And if it had found something, Phelps or anyone else would have been shitcanned long ago.[/quote]

Nothing personal Odogg, but a reasonable person has to assume that Heeke (he is the AD) has more "Facts" at his disposal than either you or Choo. I'm not trying to piss off you or Choo (but I seem to be succeeding), I'm merely pointing out that we don't know all of the "Facts" surrounding this. As Longhorn pointed out this might be a case of academic fraud, in which case Heeke may not have even made the decision to can Phelps. I think everyone needs to calm down and let the facts come out.

If we do end up being hammered by the NCAA and end up losing our #1 class I suggest we all start drinking.......because I can't even bear to imagine what next years team will look like.[/quote]

My point was, and is, Heeke moved prior to the ncaa ruling on anything. Zero chance he has more “facts” than them. He got spooked or was looking for a reason to make a move...and the result will be possibly ruining a program for a considerable amount of time.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

so many broken quotes in this thread.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

goslingswagg wrote:
Choo you think there's any chance Miller and the #1 class are here next year? I'm starting to get very pessimistic on the odds of them being here.
No and No.

Even if you wanted to bring Miller back there's no more point to it. You already sabotaged next season all on your own and sabotaged the relationship with Miller by canning Phelps prematurely. It's all about if Arizona can fire him for cause at this point, outside of that this entire thing is done.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

Even if you wanted to bring Miller back there's no more point to it. You already sabotaged next season all on your own and sabotaged the relationship with Miller by canning Phelps prematurely. It's all about if Arizona can fire him for cause at this point, outside of that this entire thing is done.
fuck me. goddamnit.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

This makes me profoundly sad.

It seems like such a self-incurred wound. We're now stuck with our own AD essentially advocating for greater NCAA consequences for us to justify the firing of arguably the most successful coach in our history.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Are we on the verge of competing with Washington St for basketball recruits?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Fuck me.

And fuck my interest in college athletics.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

I think this idea has a hint of "Phelps was innocent all the time" sprinkled on the top, maybe a little bit of garlic as well...

What, hear me out, its a long shot, but what if Phelps DID DO SOMETHING WRONG AND ADMITTED TO HEEKE BEFORE THE NCAA QUESTIONED HIM?...

I mean from our side of the pastry that is just as possible as all this garlic Miller is gone talk...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

And Robbins is cool with this...

Fuck him too
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

Couple of things though, Arizona would have to have the balls to fire him and sack up the $$ putting the athletic department deeply in red. Boosters don’t want to do that.

Also, Miller is hard headed and imo not going anywhere unless fired.

So basically it comes down to what Arizona wants to do, and if they are strategic enough to pull it off.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

Olsondogg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

Couple of things though, Arizona would have to have the balls to fire him and sack up the $$ putting the athletic department deeply in red. Boosters don’t want to do that.

So basically it comes down to what Arizona wants to do, and if they are strategic enough to pull it off.
"and if they are strategic enough to pull it off" - I'm gonna take a wild guess and say no, we are going to fuck this up beyond repair, as it's the only thing this admin knows how to do.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

I'm done with Arizona athletics if all this come to fruition. I can't fucking take this shit anymore. Time to take a break.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
What, hear me out, its a long shot, but what if Phelps DID DO SOMETHING WRONG AND ADMITTED TO HEEKE BEFORE THE NCAA QUESTIONED HIM?...
If that was the case you wouldn't catch anybody being upset by this as it is what it is, but that is not the case, so it's a fucked up situation.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Olsondogg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

There are probably four different arenas of desire in play here and we do not know which ones overlap:

1. What does Arizona want to do??? That would include the donors and local admin
2. What does Heeke want?
3. What does Miller want?
4. What do the fans want?

There may be areas where these arenas overlap one another...such as Miller and fans wanting a FF/Natty...we have no evidence Heeke wants that, but it IS Millers job and why we are all here.

Putting desire and motive into Heekes action here is a really convoluted activity since we do not really have a lot of info to go on from him...has he ever said he wanted to get rid of Miller? Not to my knowledge and only a handful of disconnected online personas are suggesting this while we all pile into that short bus...his actions from last year indicate he wants to keep Miller...until I hear otherwise I will default to his behavior...firing Phelps can very well fall in line with his desire to KEEP MILLER...it is not nearly as unfeasible as many are pretending.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Part of their plan could make Miller even more miserable than he is, which could be true if the commits want out of their LOIs.

I agree I don’t see next year happening at all the way anyone wants it. Oh and for the anti-Miller fans, you got Heeke finding a new coach without boosters while UCLA is searching too. Nice move.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

Truthfully it depends if they can prove firing him with cause. In his contract if there's a level 1 violation then that's considered cause to fire him. Well guess what this Phelps thing would be considered?

Oh for sure Miller ain't going nowhere on his own.

You're absolutely right. I can't see this relationship continuing either way. It's gone too far now.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Olsondogg wrote:

I'd normally agree with you, but Dawkins' lawyer was quoted by name in the piece.

Dawkins’ lawyer, Steve Haney, told Yahoo Sports that his client has little desire to follow the path of the three assistant coaches, including Richardson, who’ve recently entered a plea deal. “We have no intention of pleading,” Haney told Yahoo Sports. “And we believe, factually, the indictment is incorrect and we intend to prove it at trial.”

It would be strange for Yahoo to quote him by name at one point and anonymously in another. Makes me think it is someone else.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
If that was the case you wouldn't catch anybody being upset by this as it is what it is, but that is not the case, so it's a fucked up situation.

Where is the PROOF of this statement? We as fans do not have any evidence of innocence OR guilt...

I cannot imagine Heekes getting rid of Phelps without a backing reason that would stand up in court...because Phelps IS A STATE EMPLOYEE...

Do you know how hard it is to fire a tenured State Employee?

Almost never happens...and if it was for trivial stuff you can bet Phelps will see them in court.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

Truthfully it depends if they can prove firing him with cause. In his contract if there's a level 1 violation then that's considered cause to fire him. Well guess what this Phelps thing would be considered?

You're absolutely right. I can't see this relationship continuing either way. It's gone too far now.
The Phelps thing, if true, is a Level 1 so it ties up nicely.

However, there is no proof that it's true...but Heeke couldn't wait cause he scared.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
No and No.

The Phelps thing, if true, is a Level 1 so it ties up nicely.

However, there is no proof that it's true...but Heeke couldn't wait cause he scared.
Agreed. Either way I'm prepping for a Wyking Jones or Seth Greenberg regime lol.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

Where is the PROOF of this statement? We as fans do not have any evidence of innocence OR guilt...

I cannot imagine Heekes getting rid of Phelps without a backing reason that would stand up in court...because Phelps IS A STATE EMPLOYEE...

Almost never happens...and if it was for trivial stuff you can bet Phelps will see them in court.
Take it from a state employee that since Ducey, actually maybe even Brewer I can't remember exactly, has been governor it has become much easier to fire a State Employee. State Employees all went to "uncovered" years ago. Arizona is a right to work state...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Agreed. Either way I'm prepping for a Wyking Jones or Seth Greenberg regime lol.

I'm hoping for Reggie Theus
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hire a midmajor AD get midmajor results.
Justyce1

Post by Justyce1 »

Funny people actually believe nothing shady was going on. Why are 2 members of staff having discussions with Dawkins? So either you believe Dawkins was asking every program except AZ for money to get players. Or you believe he asked pasternack and Pasternack said no, but Miller still thought it was a good idea to have conversations with him knowing full well Dawkins intentions? And according to the length of the calls it not like he answered and said “fuck off”
Man we are starting to sound like USC football fans when they were being accused of cheating and they made up excuses and then Yahoo exposed the Bush situation and then they transition to arguing insignificant details while the Trojan house burned down.

We have guys pretending to know more than the administration because they regurgitate premium info from Scheer who at the end of the day has never EVER had one bad thing to say about Miller EVER! Scheer would explain away Miller killing someone.
Scheers business model is tied to AZ/Miller being successful so I’d not take everything he says as gospel.

At the end of the day, it was time to move on last year and now we have another opportunity to right our wrong.

I posted this last year as well, my son has played with Houston Hoops(Nike)Texas Pro(adidas) and TeamUnited(Nike) and Team Charlotte(under armor) and 2 higher ups from 2 of these organizations told me point blank that Miller was shady and one of these was before the FBI investigation. I thought he was hating, but he said he had dealt with Miller as far back as Nc st and Xavier. They also wouldn’t speak bad on Book, as everyone seems to like him in the Aau community.
Now they never got into specifics so I guess shady could mean anything but the implication seemed to me to be...“cheat”
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

This is what people are losing sight of, the UofA is a state owned entity subject to the laws of how to handle state employees...

Heeke might be the AD but BY LAW he must fire people based upon the rules in the UA employee handbook...which Phelps has signed onto...its a contract that has rules...

Heeke CANNOT JUST WILLY NILLY FIRE ANYONE...there are rules governing how employees are terminated and for what they can be terminated...if Phelps is fired out of Heekes personal agenda Heeke will be the next to go...because he violated state law, Phelps will be reinstated...

You cannot be fired from s a state job for trivial things...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Then they all are shady.

And college athletics won’t get one more dime from me until this is all out in the open and transparent.

Unionize and pay the players.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Olsondogg wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

Take it from a state employee that since Ducey, actually maybe even Brewer I can't remember exactly, has been governor it has become much easier to fire a State Employee. State Employees all went to "uncovered" years ago. Arizona is a right to work state...
"Right to work" does not mean that a union does not exits it means you cannot be forced to join or denied employment due to joining or not joining.

Right to work is about Union dues, I can assure you the State employees have a pretty solid union.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
I've thrown out the Chris Beard's in my mind and am now hoping for like idk Luke Yalich? wow, this sucks. also if we hire Seth Greenberg, I'm not sure I'll ever watch an AZ game again.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

"Right to work" does not mean that a union does not exits it means you cannot be forced to join or denied employment due to joining or not joining.

Right to work is about Union dues, I can assure you the State employees have a pretty solid union.

Again, being a covered employee was nice for a number of years. The state has followed the model of the business sector. I have seen people fired over the past few years that wouldn't have been in prior years. That's all I'm saying.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Justyce1 wrote:Funny people actually believe nothing shady was going on. Why are 2 members of staff having discussions with Dawkins? So either you believe Dawkins was asking every program except AZ for money to get players. Or you believe he asked pasternack and Pasternack said no, but Miller still thought it was a good idea to have conversations with him knowing full well Dawkins intentions? And according to the length of the calls it not like he answered and said “fuck off”
Man we are starting to sound like USC football fans when they were being accused of cheating and they made up excuses and then Yahoo exposed the Bush situation and then they transition to arguing insignificant details while the Trojan house burned down.

We have guys pretending to know more than the administration because they regurgitate premium info from Scheer who at the end of the day has never EVER had one bad thing to say about Miller EVER! Scheer would explain away Miller killing someone.
Scheers business model is tied to AZ/Miller being successful so I’d not take everything he says as gospel.

At the end of the day, it was time to move on last year and now we have another opportunity to right our wrong.

I posted this last year as well, my son has played with Houston Hoops(Nike)Texas Pro(adidas) and TeamUnited(Nike) and Team Charlotte(under armor) and 2 higher ups from 2 of these organizations told me point blank that Miller was shady and one of these was before the FBI investigation. I thought he was hating, but he said he had dealt with Miller as far back as Nc st and Xavier. They also wouldn’t speak bad on Book, as everyone seems to like him in the Aau community.
Now they never got into specifics so I guess shady could mean anything but the implication seemed to me to be...“cheat”
Oh, you posted this last year? Let me just quickly go through all your posts . . . hmmmm, doesn’t seem to be in any of the THREE, but sure, I believe you dude I’ve literally never seen post before.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Justyce1 wrote:Funny people actually believe nothing shady was going on. Why are 2 members of staff having discussions with Dawkins? So either you believe Dawkins was asking every program except AZ for money to get players. Or you believe he asked pasternack and Pasternack said no, but Miller still thought it was a good idea to have conversations with him knowing full well Dawkins intentions? And according to the length of the calls it not like he answered and said “fuck off”

All of your questions or accusations or whatever have been addressed numerous amounts of times over several threads.

Again, the timing is what doesn't make sense--regardless of whether people like or hate Sean Miller. The speculation about this and that is all bullshit unless there is proof, of which, I haven't seen any--nor have you, nor has anyone else.

Also with your story, I like that they didn't speak bad about the one coach who was on tape pocketing $$ for himself. Good story.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

From UCLA coworker:

Hey! Alford’s available...
Justyce1

Post by Justyce1 »

I’d assume they didn’t speak bad on him because they view him as one of them, since he has ties to the NY Guachos AAU program. I don’t know, just retelling what was said. I’m not one who believes that Miller is on tape offering to pay for a recruit. I don’t think he’s that dumb. But I do question everything I’ve mentioned along with how we were getting guys to commit without ever visiting. Also every name that came up in this FBI investigation, AZ was recruiting. Now that doesn’t mean Miller is guilty, but if he’s not he sure is unlucky.
Olsondogg wrote:

All of your questions or accusations or whatever have been addressed numerous amounts of times over several threads.

Again, the timing is what doesn't make sense--regardless of whether people like or hate Sean Miller. The speculation about this and that is all bullshit unless there is proof, of which, I haven't seen any--nor have you, nor has anyone else.

Also with your story, I like that they didn't speak bad about the one coach who was on tape pocketing $$ for himself. Good story.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Justyce1 wrote:I’d assume they didn’t speak bad on him because they view him as one of them, since he has ties to the NY Guachos AAU program. I don’t know, just retelling what was said. I’m not one who believes that Miller is on tape offering to pay for a recruit. I don’t think he’s that dumb. But I do question everything I’ve mentioned along with how we were getting guys to commit without ever visiting. Also every name that came up in this FBI investigation, AZ was recruiting. Now that doesn’t mean Miller is guilty, but if he’s not he sure is unlucky.
Olsondogg wrote:

You may want to read the FBI/Book thread on here from the beginning. It might help ya.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Justyce1 wrote:
I posted this last year as well,

So this is your sock account, and which account is your real account?

Because either you have another account where you "posted this last year" or you're a liar.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Justyce1 wrote:

Because either you have another account where you "posted this last year" or you're a liar.

POM calling someone out for being a sock wraps up my existence on the message boards in such a nice, neat package.

Thank you.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Here's a good article for you boys and girls to read.

https://247sports.com/college/arizona/A ... 128834165/" target="_blank
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Olsondogg wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Justyce1 wrote:

POM calling someone out for being a sock wraps up my existence on the message boards in such a nice, neat package.

Thank you.
the dude has 4 posts. not like it took much research to check his claim :lol:

::::Oh hell, I just noticed that Chi already did it too.

Welp, I'm slow this morning.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote:Here's a good article for you boys and girls to read.

Quick answer for those who won't or can't read it.

No
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

So how did O'Neal get into one of the most difficult schools to get accepted to, when he needed help getting into a degree mill like the UA?
ChooChooCat wrote:Here's a good article for you boys and girls to read.

The head coach admitted that he failed his responsibilities to promote an atmosphere of compliance and monitor his staff.

Not sure how Miller is going to get out of that one.

Like Hansen said, Lute only fired one assistant in his entire UA career, and that was Roz his final season.