Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:I haven't seen anything that would indicate Zeke could waver, but really, who knows? Guys change their minds all the time. More so in football than hoops, it seems, but still.
It's just a troll.

One thing I think reflects positively on our fanbase is we don't troll for years on phog.net when we lose a recruit to KU. We move on. Fuego spent 4 years stuck on Zeus and now it's Zeke.
Lol. I'd really think Fuego would outgrow this tendency at some point, but here we are.

Bottom line: our '19 class is a thing of beauty, and next season is looking quite good.
I believe you have said this every year so what is so different this time?
Bad fan. Loser talk.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Those in the know... how certain are we that Sean Miller and this '19 class are all in place next year?

50% chance? 90% chance?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Alieberman wrote:Those in the know... how certain are we that Sean Miller and this '19 class are all in place next year?

50% chance? 90% chance?
Barring something unforeseen i.e. testimony that is devastating for Miller in court or the NCAA moving rapidly on this case, both Miller and his recruiting class will be here next year.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Why did Turasi have goats? Petting zoo?
Did she invite Rebecca Lobo.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Only two no comments today. Things are looking up :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:Only two no comments today. Things are looking up :)
No "You can drive back to Phoenix"?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Haha, I think they got the message. Not sure if it was that same idiot from last week or not. You would think the Phoenix rags would send down the beat writer to get a feel on the big game this Saturday from a scummie perspective
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Haha, I think they got the message. Not sure if it was that same idiot from last week or not. You would think the Phoenix rags would send down the beat writer to get a feel on the big game this Saturday from a scummie perspective

Scheer said it was the same station, not sure if they sent the same guy.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

Scheer said it was the same station, not sure if they sent the same guy.
ABC15 but not Mike Pelton this time
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:I haven't seen anything that would indicate Zeke could waver, but really, who knows? Guys change their minds all the time. More so in football than hoops, it seems, but still.
It's just a troll.

One thing I think reflects positively on our fanbase is we don't troll for years on phog.net when we lose a recruit to KU. We move on. Fuego spent 4 years stuck on Zeus and now it's Zeke.
Lol. I'd really think Fuego would outgrow this tendency at some point, but here we are.

Bottom line: our '19 class is a thing of beauty, and next season is looking quite good.
Great class for sure. The elephant in the room is who will be coaching them.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
It's just a troll.

There's no elephant.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
It's just a troll.

There's no elephant.
Miller isn't skinny, but he's no elephant.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Miller isn't skinny, but he's no elephant.
Although he does stomp all over Self on the recruiting trail...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:Great class for sure. The elephant in the room is who will be coaching them.
There's an elephant in the room with your mother.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Miller isn't skinny, but he's no elephant.
He's put back on some (not all) of the weight he lost a couple years back, hasn't he? It's been a stressful couple years. Poor guy. I hope he's getting by okay.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I wish miller would just go into some Waltonesque story when they ask about subpoena.
Maybe how he was a batboy for the Pirates in ‘72 and he and Clemente ran into Franco Harris at State College (who was on a recruiting visit). They sat at a coffee shop and watched Petty coat junction while having scrambled eggs and waffles.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:Great class for sure. The elephant in the room is who will be coaching them.
There's an elephant in the room with your mother.
:lol:
So we've covered wives and mothers thus far? What's next . . . dogs? Just be careful--you never know if John Wick is an anonymous message board troll.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Postmaster wrote:I wish miller would just go into some Waltonesque story when they ask about subpoena.
Maybe how he was a batboy for the Pirates in ‘72 and he and Clemente ran into Franco Harris at State College (who was on a recruiting visit). They sat at a coffee shop and watched Petty coat junction while having scrambled eggs and waffles.
This would be perfect. Go into a meandering story with lots of pauses to wink and smile, shrug the shoulders a lot, and basically Abe Simpson a wordstew of sentences that, at first, sound relevant, but become less and less so.

If I didn't have my right arm in a sling, and a meeting in 14 minutes, I'd have fun writing an example wordvomit. Just enough basketball in the monologue to seem like he is getting to it, but crazy left turns..."speaking of subpoenas, I was looking through the 200s on my Dish network...gotta have PAC12 Net, ya'know, and there's that Law & Order marathon. Seems this fella had been trafficking in Guatemalan labor, and his friend had a store the guy ate at...great food. Not Guatemalan...I think it was hamburgers, real greasy joint...anyway, this buddy was just a buddy, not really in the sceme, just wanted to make burgers. His friend needed a paycheck...somethin bout immigration, so why not? He told his manager to get this guy on the rolls cause he just likes makin great burgers. Really into his craft, not a lot of interests, just makin a better burger. I understand that...I work all day to make Arizona basketball the Players Program we say it is. It takes time...we work, like this guy with burgers. Well, he gets called to testify in this Guatemalan situation...he thought he was just helpin a friend out, now he is knee deep and is being pulled out of his kitchen. Law and Order guy wants him on the stand. Speaking of kitchens, like 3 channels up, during commercials for law and order, there is this kitchen renovation show. I like a nice kitchen, but man...you could buy a home in Sam Hughes for price of some of these...and the kitchen worked FINE before, knowwhatimean? Just change for change sake. Sam Hughes...I had thought about getting a place there. Dr. Robbins is there. Can get to campus quick. Dr Robbins...have I mentioned I appreciate his support? YEah...anyways, renovations. Kitchen renovations are like team renovations..."

SOmething like that...that just goes for hours.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Too bad you didn’t have time to write anything.
Hahaha
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Postmaster wrote:Too bad you didn’t have time to write anything.
Hahaha
it just wrote itself...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Merkin wrote:

I'd like to know who asked the question, if its a reporter from Phoenix the only thing Miller says to them now is "No comment" they could ask if the sky was blue and he'd say "No comment" its his way of saying "You've lost the right to my answers in spite of having a media badge you can fuck off"
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Merkin wrote:

"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

enfuego wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Don't you have an indictment in Kansas to read or something?

He was also asked about "doubts as they relate to his future" it was a question loaded with more innuendo than a double baked potato with cheese, scallions, sour cream, avocado, shrimp, onion rings, ranch, chili, onions, a croutons...

Anyone asking loaded questions like that that have no right answer deserve to be ignored...but of course you see your projections of Bill Self in every coach...go figure...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sean Miller does not really mince words. So I sorta think he just coached his last game at McKale. Wow.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

More drama, just what we need heading to Vegas. I imagine the guys already know if he is leaving. It would explain their lackadaisical attitude since league play started. Hey Choo, what do you know?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That clip isn’t a good look
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Sean Miller does not really mince words. So I sorta think he just coached his last game at McKale. Wow.
If he doesn’t mince words wouldn’t he have said, “I’m not coming back”?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I know I’m an idiot, but to me that sounded nothing like a man who’s leaving. More like a guy on senior night who knows he’s not taking his seniors further. And who appreciates a decadent McKale.

And if the players already know he’s gone, then why are his incoming players in the stands?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So you ride the horse all the way around the track and just before you are about to cross the line you pull up? I get the heat and scrutiny has to be life altering and miserable but it’s almost near the end one would think.

Wouldn’t the recruits know what is happening? Maybe they know we have a coach coming in they would play for? I would think at the first sniff of Miller bouncing we would have decommittments. Just a tough day all the way around and now this
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

If you listen to the entire press conference, he doesn't sound like a guy who is leaving
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Longhorned wrote:I know I’m an idiot, but to me that sounded nothing like a man who’s leaving. More like a guy on senior night who knows he’s not taking his seniors further. And who appreciates a decadent McKale.

And if the players already know he’s gone, then why are his incoming players in the stands?
That is what I was thinking also.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Was this the question, "Do you have any doubts about your own future or the program in general"?

If it is then I'm not surprised by the "no comment".
Mike Luke's burner account.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Maybe it was his way of thanking the fans who for the most part are behind him and want him back. It was kind of an odd Sr day presentation and wording but this whole ordeal has been odd
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Yea. Pretty much. It's been a roller coaster these past 2 seasons. I'm sure he's gonna sound emotional at some point.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Sean Miller does not really mince words. So I sorta think he just coached his last game at McKale. Wow.
If he doesn’t mince words wouldn’t he have said, “I’m not coming back”?
True. You gotta admit, though: that bit about "the past 10 years" felt like end of the road verbage.

I didn't see the whole presser, and from the sound of things, the overall impression was not that he's gonzo.

I really don't want to see Miller leave. Not just because of the possible impact to the '19 class but because I think a lot of him as a coach and want to see him get a FF/NC with us, not somewhere else.

Good coaches are just so damn hard to come by. Great ones are freaking unicorns.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

This will not be the first time fans over-reacted to a nothing burger with a side of media-please and it won't be the last...

No one remember the game last year he sat out because of the ESPiN bullshit?

We were going apeshit because Romar coached and many were saying bringing Romar in was a premeditated move...

My what short memories we have for people posting elephant pictures...

When has ANY speculation about what Miller did NOT say ever been right?

Never.

When in doubt look at the track record and shut up.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

He's coming back, win the PAC, and get to the Final 4.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

R e l a x
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Scheer seems pretty confident he's staying for what that's worth.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AZCatGirl wrote:Scheer seems pretty confident he's staying for what that's worth.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I really don’t get the freak out. Nothing he said made me think he’s going anywhere. And any “reporter” trying to parse out some kind of goodbye message is doing it for the likes and clicks.
dolemite79

Post by dolemite79 »

some guy with zero posts and claiming to be a booster just popped up on PPU claiming he has the scoop and miller and UofA are agreeing to a buyout. I call BS
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dolemite79 wrote:some guy with zero posts and claiming to be a booster just popped up on PPU claiming he has the scoop and miller and UofA are agreeing to a buyout. I call BS
with what money would that even be happening?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dolemite79

Post by dolemite79 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
dolemite79 wrote:some guy with zero posts and claiming to be a booster just popped up on PPU claiming he has the scoop and miller and UofA are agreeing to a buyout. I call BS
with what money would that even be happening?

exactly, the rumor becomes even more far-fetched saying we're going after few or walton
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

People emailing him about 4-chan?
KillerKlown