Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

U.P. Zona Fan

Re: Kansas

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

The best was the loss to Wichita st. I was so happy.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

TatetheGreat wrote:Tonight's the night

Sunday at the latest

:lol:

What time does Arizona play this weekend? And posters on this board have been saying that all year and we're still dancing.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I have to give credit where credit is due. This is Bill Self's best coaching year probably ever. The Jayhawks absolutely sucked earlier and he found a way to effectively use a dominate outside game and little inside game. He has done well......now it is time to bow out and break Kansas's heart once more. One thing we should learn from Kansas is the value of drop dead shooter. To bad Ben Howland could not hang on to Kansas best player that transferred in from Miss St. I think he had 32 against Duke.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCat wrote:I have to give credit where credit is due. This is Bill Self's best coaching year probably ever. The Jayhawks absolutely sucked earlier and he found a way to effectively use a dominate outside game and little inside game. He has done well......now it is time to bow out and break Kansas's heart once more. One thing we should learn from Kansas is the value of drop dead shooter. To bad Ben Howland could not hang on to Kansas best player that transferred in from Miss St. I think he had 32 against Duke.
Can’t disagree with anything here.

Congrats to Kansas. Now go get destroyed by Nova.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

TheCat wrote:I have to give credit where credit is due. This is Bill Self's best coaching year probably ever. The Jayhawks absolutely sucked earlier and he found a way to effectively use a dominate outside game and little inside game. He has done well......now it is time to bow out and break Kansas's heart once more. One thing we should learn from Kansas is the value of drop dead shooter. To bad Ben Howland could not hang on to Kansas best player that transferred in from Miss St. I think he had 32 against Duke.
I would argue KU has 4 knockdown shooters. Vick is he only the only of the 4 major guards/wings that is less than 40% from 3 and he is at 38%. Not too shabby.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That Newman kid is fun to watch.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep, hats off to KU. Well done. Congrats Enfuego, enjoy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:

Please keep cheering against KU. You're our lucky charm.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

azcat49 wrote:Yep, hats off to KU. Well done. Congrats Enfuego, enjoy

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Please keep cheering against KU. You're our lucky charm.
Lil ol’ me??? Awww!!! I’m flattered...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I hope KU wins it all as I have them in my office bracket.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

What a huge win for Self and KU today. I think their shaky D is gonna sink them vs. Nova, but beating Duke to reach the FF is a huge achievement.

Very envious of KU these days.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:That Newman kid is fun to watch.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

The only time I pull for Kansas is when they play Duke. Reluctantly happy to see Kansas win under the circumstances. Loved seeing Duke and all its one-and-done, five-star talent go down.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Huge congrats to KU! Unbelievable job by Self and Team to get to the FF after a disastrous noncon schedule. Very envious at this point.
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:Not going to jinx my Jayhawks by talking smack, but I'm thinking Miller is done at UA. Best fit would be Rhode Island’s coach...Danny Hurley? He could recruit nationally and he's a really good and hot coach right now. Would be an upgrade, imo.
Compare this.....with:
Bangkok Wildcat

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
midnightx wrote:Is anyone aware of NCAA players who were leaning towards one program, only to sign with another, and then regret the decision? It has to happen, but they may not make it public. For example, did Ivan Rabb regret spurning Arizona for Cal? It seemed like he was an Arizona lean during most of high school, but due to family pressure, ultimately stayed in the Bay Area. His two years at Cal were largely mediocre and the teams did nothing; meanwhile had he played on superior Arizona teams, he may have had a greater career (in addition to possibly wishing he was part of the program). Apparently O'Neil who clearly wanted to play for Arizona, but decommitted after the ESPN hit-job and quickly committed to UCLA, allegedly had regrets. When he plays his first game at McKale in a UCLA uniform, will feel any regret (the same goes for Williams if he signs with Oregon)?
The only ones that come to mind are Kaleb Tarczewski and DeAndre Ayton.
Lol, looks like enfuego just broke his word and jinxed his team in the FF....lmao if this happens.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

A tiger can't change its stripes.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Fuck you Kansas.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bangkok Wildcat

Hey fuegs.....Karma....It’s a real biatch! LMAO.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Nova is a buzzsaw right now. They're gonna do the exact same thing to Michigan. Maybe worse.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I have never and will never congratulate Kansas. Their fans have major disrespect towards Lute and Sean is not far behind. That said good for them, one of the very few years they didn't choke in the tournament. Nova got in that ass though. :P
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Hey hey, goodbye.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I am grateful I needn't root for the Squirrels.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

dovecanyoncat wrote:I am grateful I needn't root for the Squirrels.
I'm not a KU fan either but they had a great season. Just wish the Cats could fare as well in the tournament as Kansas does. I will always love Arizona basketball but at present we aren't even close to being on Kansas' level at basketball. Again I give credit where credit is due. Probably wouldn't hurt you to do the same.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Hey fuegs.....Karma....It’s a real biatch! LMAO.
I don’t understand. Are you saying they had good karma? In that case I agree. This isn’t the most talented KU team but they fought and clawed and made a Final Four.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Captain Obvious wrote:
I'm not a KU fan either but they had a great season. Just wish the Cats could fare as well in the tournament as Kansas does. I will always love Arizona basketball but at present we aren't even close to being on Kansas' level at basketball. Again I give credit where credit is due. Probably wouldn't hurt you to do the same.
Bucknell, Bradley, N Iowa, VCU, Stanford. That doesn't include all the tournament losses as a higher seed. They've had as many fails as the next elite program. They've just run the overrated Big XII.

Thank God for Calipari Memphis team who shot terrible from the line all year. But I give credit to Chalmers for hitting the a memorable 3 and Kendall Marshall's wrist in 2012. Before this year chokehawk fans were on the fence with their coach now they act like he's John Wooden.

Rock Chalk I guess
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Captain Obvious wrote:
True we are not on their level for basketball but our school is about 10000000000 times better in basically every way.

They can have some more final fours, I will take hotter chicks, better weather, pool parties, dirtbags, frogs, and Tucson all day every day over anything the U of Kansas offers

Sorry Unfuego but look on the brightside you still can come on another colleges message board and talk trash....that is really what life is all about
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Pretty funny...
Bangkok Wildcat

Chicat wrote:
I don’t understand. Are you saying they had good karma? In that case I agree. This isn’t the most talented KU team but they fought and clawed and made a Final Four.
Nope, obviously they overachieved and did awesome to get a FF...if you’d read my earlier posts you’d seen that I congratulated them BUT called out enfuego for jinxing his team with first, declaring he’d not trash talk us for fear of jinxing his team....THEN he got cocky in the Regret thread and trashed us....THUS he brought bad karma onto his team IMO.

UAE and others understood my point.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Nope, obviously they overachieved and did awesome to get a FF...if you’d read my earlier posts you’d seen that I congratulated them BUT called out enfuego for jinxing his team with first, declaring he’d not trash talk us for fear of jinxing his team....THEN he got cocky in the Regret thread and trashed us....THUS he brought bad karma onto his team IMO.

UAE and others understood my point.
I’d take a Final Four over our pathetic showing, and if anything it was Arizona who got fucked by the righteous cock of karma.

I know I’m not gonna talk trash about one team losing in the semifinal when ours got beat by a double digit seed, but you do you homie.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Yeah. Kansas has now been to three FFs and has won a NC under Self. And then there’s the Big 12 streak.

Self’s run at KU resembles Lute’s at AZ.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Et tu Kansas?

$30K money drop to a recruit`s mom?

Shame shame

This Gatto guy might take down a bunch of teams.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Come on, Bilas and Vitale...let’s start calling for Self to step down. He’s done as a college coach, right?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

wherefore art thou enfuego?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:wherefore art thou enfuego?

It's his "busy time" at work again.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I read phog.net yesterday to see how they were taking it. Most people seem to have adopted the part about the university being a victim as the complete exculpation of Self and Kansas even though it isn't. It's the same language as we got, Louisville got and every other university will see.

I hope this keeps happening. Expose how systemic this really is and force the NCAA's hand.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:wherefore art thou enfuego?

It's his "busy time" at work again.
County Fair season? The Tilt-A-Whirl won't run itself.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yeah but self wont get the media shakedown Miller got because, you know, wiretaps....
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I read phog.net yesterday to see how they were taking it. Most people seem to have adopted the part about the university being a victim as the complete exculpation of Self and Kansas even though it isn't. It's the same language as we got, Louisville got and every other university will see.

I hope this keeps happening. Expose how systemic this really is and force the NCAA's hand.
Their issue with no coach involvement is lose the final 4 and its money and more importantly lose their conference title. That is what you get when you play an ineligible player....oh and lose that player next year.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

TheCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I read phog.net yesterday to see how they were taking it. Most people seem to have adopted the part about the university being a victim as the complete exculpation of Self and Kansas even though it isn't. It's the same language as we got, Louisville got and every other university will see.

Their issue with no coach involvement is lose the final 4 and its money and more importantly lose their conference title. That is what you get when you play an ineligible player....oh and lose that player next year.
Nothing is going to happen to KU or De Sousa. Also, the University was not involved.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:Nothing is going to happen to KU or De Sousa. Also, the University was not involved.
Bold
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

enfuego wrote:
TheCat wrote:

Nothing is going to happen to KU or De Sousa. Also, the University was not involved.
Put your money where your mouth is?
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAdevil wrote:
enfuego wrote:
TheCat wrote:

Put your money where your mouth is?
I'll meet you for a drink and buy you three draft beers.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:Nothing is going to happen to KU or De Sousa. Also, the University was not involved.
Bold

I never would have guessed that his take would be two short sentences that amounted to "nothing to see here, move along".
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I don't think anything will happen to any team, including us, so he may be right. Doesn't mean any of us were wrong in that KU is no different then what we have seen or experienced other then the scrutiny if Book the turncoat
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
Bold.