Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cats101

Re: Kansas

Post by cats101 »

Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Talk to you next week enfuego.
11 days
Let's see how long this hiatus last... :lol:
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Irish27 wrote:West Virginia scored the last 7 points of the game and beat Kansas by one.
That's a technical win for Self.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cats101 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
11 days
We should take Over/Under bets.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
cats101 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
11 days
I'll save you the worry. How many Tier 1 wins does UA have? We are 8-1 in Tier 1 opportunities. Did you win your home game this week?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cats101 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
11 days
I'll save you the worry. How many Tier 1 wins does UA have? We are 8-1 in Tier 1 opportunities. Did you win your home game this week?
Ha ha, it worked. Like a rat to a cube of cheddar.

Arizona is temporarily gutted by an incompetent, uncorroborated claim at ESPN last year. Arizona lacks talent and the basic parts needed to contend this year. We've been clear about that here. Kansas is the team you're going to send us a postcard about from the Final Four. So yeah, we're laughing at your inauspicious missteps on the route to that achievement. Try to enjoy your losing weekend.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cats101 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
11 days
How hard are you praying for Arizona to win all their remaining games against teams not named ASU? Harder than a dude on Maury who is about to find out the results of a paternity test?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Was that west Virginia's first big 12 win? They suck as bad as asu this year. And us. So what that means is even though Kansas is better than us, we'd probably beat them.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Was that west Virginia's first big 12 win? They suck as bad as asu this year. And us. So what that means is even though Kansas is better than us, we'd probably beat them.
Arizona is on a whole other level of bad.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cats101 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
11 days
Congratulations on being better than an unnaturally weak Arizona team that is weak due to the FBI/ESPN reports killing our recruiting.

I genuinely hope the news about Self's direct knowledge of player payments gives y'all a little taste of this so you can notice how few of our fans hit up Phog to talk shit. You apparently live in Arizona. Enjoy the beautiful winter. This stuff was more understandable when I thought you were snowed into your mom's basement in Olathe.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

The best part is that he yearns to be an effective troll, and (to use his words) he's a whole other level of bad at it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:The best part is that he yearns to be an effective troll, and (to use his words) he's a whole other level of bad at it.
Right. Like how he seems to think talking about his team (preseason #1 in some polls) being better than ours (unranked in all and a bubble team) will really shock and hurt us.

Or that we don't know the reason we're weaker this year is the FBI/ESPN debacle. We've been living the fallout for a year and he acts like it will be new and shocking that we're weaker this year.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I can't believe he isn't here saying we are rationalizing the weakness of our program with lies we force ourselves to believe because we can't handle the fact that our precious cats just aren't ever very good and Miller hasn't made a final four and the universe is about to implode.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bear Down Vegas

Texas would go undefeated in the Pac
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Texas would go undefeated in the Pac
Not with Smart coaching.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

The de Sousa ruling by the NCAA is a joke. I feel for the kid. Once again the system fails the person it should help
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego wrote:
cats101 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:So, Kansas lost to a team that lost to Princeton and Utah.....interesting.

Don't forget the technical loss to Stanford.
I'll send you a postcard from the F4.
You sure?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... d-ligament" target="_blank
Looking like we'll get De Sousa back soon.
This post aged well.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Tip of the iceberg
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

And the kind of evidence that shows why I’m less sanguine than some that the NCAA will just let Arizona walk away from the Book situation with a slap on the wrist.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

If so, then you know the NCAA will wait until things are back in order at Az next year then come at us with something.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I think it is more proof to not cooperate, self report with the NCAA.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

There is just no consistency as we’ve always known. How are Quinerly or Little eligible? Wasn’t their situation nearly identical to this guy?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:There is just no consistency as we’ve always known. How are Quinerly or Little eligible? Wasn’t their situation nearly identical to this guy?
Isn't the difference that an Adidas consultant testified that he paid $2,500 to De Souza's guardian? Still a bullshit reason to hold the player out of college basketball.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

EastCoastCat wrote:If so, then you know the NCAA will wait until things are back in order at Az next year then come at us with something.
Wrong. You're up next. Congratulations. You aren't a blue blood, so I suspect they'll take UNC and Duke's violations out on Arizona. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for University of Arizona.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

enfuego wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:If so, then you know the NCAA will wait until things are back in order at Az next year then come at us with something.
Wrong. You're up next. Congratulations. You aren't a blue blood, so I suspect they'll take UNC and Duke's violations out on Arizona. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for University of Arizona.
This is rich considering the shit your program is in. Can you remind me which Az player was suspended recently?

You do realize when you spew your crap on this board it always comes back to haunt you?
Bear Down Vegas

Who was the best team in Kansas last night?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

EastCoastCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
This is rich considering the shit your program is in. Can you remind me which Az player was suspended recently?

You do realize when you spew your crap on this board it always comes back to haunt you?
Of course not. They all changed their commitment and are playing elsewhere or are pursuing pro careers. How Little and Quinerly aren't serving two year suspensions is beyond me.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

enfuego wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Of course not. They all changed their commitment and are playing elsewhere or are pursuing pro careers. How Little and Quinerly aren't serving two year suspensions is beyond me.
Maybe because we didn't give them any money, or they weren't looking for money, and just didn't want to be caught up in the mess anymore than they already were and maybe they just wanted to play basketball which is why they wanted to come here, with all of the controversy surrounding the program they chose a different School that was not caught up in the mess.
Maybe they wanted to make sure they didn't end up like Billy Preston or Silvio desousa.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Vick taking a leave of absence for the rest of the year? Just heard it on the radio.
-Norlander.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Who was the best team in Kansas last night?
Nice. The refs let K-State get away with a ton of fouls. But, it's not the refs fault we lost. We played soft, which is expected when we only have one post player.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Will Kansas even be in the top half of the Big 12 this year?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Headed for the bubble, wonder if Kansas will make the tourney
-Norlander.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego karma strikes again.
-JB
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Headed for the bubble, wonder if Kansas will make the tourney
According to the NCAA we are currently sitting at a 3-Seed. Where is Arizona sitting? NIT?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Let's be real: Kansas' problems pale in comparison to ours.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I have no idea what’s behind the Vick leave of absence, but the immediate assumption is it’s connected to the case somehow. I think it is quite unclear who is in worse trouble, Kansas or us.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

17 to 42 ttu up, ouch. up 25 in the first half.
-Norlander.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TTU is a damn fine team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That was an ass kicking unlike many others in the Self era.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:That was an ass kicking unlike many others in the Self era.
Self's butt must be chapped over that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I really like Chris beard.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I see what you did there . . . and I liked it.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Uh oh
cats101

Post by cats101 »

So glad this streak is over. Tired of hear about it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Self is definitely wearing the assless chaps tonight.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
In his defense, all chaps are assless.

Carry on.
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
In his defense, all chaps are assless.

Carry on.
For fashion plate cowboys maybe, but loggers are real manly men!

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Thank you
-Norlander.
Bear Down Vegas

Oh, where - oh, where can enfuego be?
Texas Tech & K State took him away from me
The streak is over & that can't feel good
He'll probably come back but that doesn't mean he should