ASU blows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: ASU blows

Post by azgreg »

Arizona's unis are among the worst in college sports.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

in your own subjective opinion, yes.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

The women have better unis, still don't understand why the gradient couldn't have been a block line on the side instead of top/bottom.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ASUHATER! wrote:in your own subjective opinion, yes.
Still at it in other threads... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

NYCat wrote:The women have better unis
Yes they are.

Especially sand vb.

Indoor vb not too shabby either.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:ours ain't the best but they are lightyears away from how bad any asu uniform ever has been or ever will be.
Do you have some kind of google alert set up so you can immediately defend our uniforms against any and all criticism?

:lol:
nope. just happened to look in this thread. and the last thing i've done is defend them from any and all criticism. i've said over and over and over and over again that they aren't great, aren't my favorite and some of them are pretty gross. but they are absolutely nowhere as bad and as deserving of the endless bitching that happens on here.
azgreg wrote:Arizona's unis are among the worst in college sports.
ASUHATER! wrote:in your own subjective opinion, yes.
:roll: :lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I kind of agree Chi. Ours are usually better but can't talk trash right now

Also I thought we agreed to keep politics out of the sports sections.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:Also I thought we agreed to keep politics out of the sports sections.
We did. I edited.

Not sure why some people haven't caught on.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Look, both schools have fake classes, and ASU students aren't ever going to be able to root for ASU at the Final Four. Just let them have this.
prh

Post by prh »

Kennedy Meeks's arm was obviously out of bounds on that rebound with 49 seconds left. No idea how the official missed it, it was 6 feet in front of him. I have a picture I'll upload if the internet doesn't have a better one.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Merkin wrote:
“I came into the game thinking I’d maybe cheer for the Zags because they’re West Coast, but since I’m here and the energy is here, I’m excited and going for the Tar Heels,” Johnston said.
Arizona State University: Continuing the toolbag tradition.
az91

Post by az91 »

catgrad97 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
“I came into the game thinking I’d maybe cheer for the Zags because they’re West Coast, but since I’m here and the energy is here, I’m excited and going for the Tar Heels,” Johnston said.
Arizona State University: Continuing the toolbag tradition.
Maybe they should change the name of the university to Western North Carolina University or the University of Tempe North Carolina? :lol:
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I know it is further away from Carolina than Gonzaga and Gonzaga had never been there when UNC had but Gonzaga students and fans were so much more into it. Now we know a portion of why.

ASU was embarrassed big time by GCU on Saturday. They both had students in the student sections and GCU fans were so much better.

And ASU needs to build their football scoreboard a few inches bigger than ours. Micropen15 syndrome big time.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Figures with unc's history of academic fraud.

Can I go back to "fuck UNC" now? This certainly takes the bloom off the rose.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Wow, thats a whole new low for ASU. Tickets were so cheap
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Looks like Kansas swooping in late from what I see on 247.

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

KU transfer Carlton Bragg to ASU, to sit out a year

charged with drug possession and misdemeanor battery. Way to go Bobby
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

He should fit right in. Skolla Balla!!
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

James Harden MVP? Fuck AsSu

What a shit show tonight. Arizona just keeps on winning
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Damn, you cant have a sand volleyball team with only two smashable girls on it.

:lol: @ the womens basketball jerseys. Those are hideous
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Merkin wrote:
Thats a legit plate? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

UAtrue wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Thats a legit plate? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice! Except that the ASU Grads working at the car wash and fast food establishments will probably vandalize his car, lol.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Yet they somehow still won the T-Cup? Is that true?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Puerco wrote:Yet they somehow still won the T-Cup? Is that true?
Yes, they won all the sports no one cares about.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:Yet they somehow still won the T-Cup? Is that true?
Yup. Won all the small sports

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Can someone tell me what the difference is between Indoor Track and Outdoor Track outside of the fact that one takes place indoors and the other is outdoors? Are there different events? We lost 4 points on those events right there.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

State Farm Territorial Cup Series. We haven't won since 2011–2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Far ... Cup_Series" target="_blank
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Makes sense. Track and field = 6 points. Football one point. Baseball/softball two. Basketball two. So the three major sports combined are worth less than track and field (and yes, cross country is track).
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If we can beat ASU in football, sweep them in men's hoops and take 4 of 5 in baseball every year, I'm fine with ASU taking the rest of the scraps and holding the "territorial cup" points. The annual football matchup decides who gets the real Cup for a year. And right now, that's ours. By all accounts it's been a disastrous athletic year for ASU and a pretty good one (save for football) for Arizona despite still beating ASU.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lmao @ track and field counting for six points. My buddy ran the 400 in college and i always tell him that track is not a sport. You're fast and want to impress me? Get on base and steal second or fake a 240 pound linebacker out of his jockstrap. Kenny Powers said it best, "I play real sports, not trying to be the best at exercising."
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

The gift that just keeps on giving. ASU basketball fans are the Charlie Brown trying to kick that ball. Enjoyed this offseason thread: http://www.scout.com/college/arizona-st ... ng-in-2020" target="_blank

Just a summation: The gap is closing again. Bobby Hurley has us in his sights. We're doomed.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

...based on what?

Bangkok Wildcat

zonagrad wrote:The gift that just keeps on giving. ASU basketball fans are the Charlie Brown trying to kick that ball. Enjoyed this offseason thread: http://www.scout.com/college/arizona-st ... ng-in-2020" target="_blank

Just a summation: The gap is closing again. Bobby Hurley has us in his sights. We're doomed.
Lol, yeah I'm loving it....in no way will Hurley stay at ASSU for a serious amount of time...and with the other factors (fan apathy, lack of program momentum, etc) there is little to no chance of them building a real contender.

Now what I expect and have expected since Day 1 (even though I'm not sold that Hurley is a great coach), is that he will have limited success, build their expectations to their highest level yet, then bolt for a better opportunity (which could even be GCU at this point, lol) leaving them butt-hurt yet again.

Stand by and watch the show folks....as zonagrad stated so succinctly, it is indeed 'the gift that keeps on giving!' Lmao.

Now if someone can find Paola Bovin (sp?) writing another article about the gap closing would make this even more enjoyable :-)
Bangkok Wildcat

zonagrad wrote:The gift that just keeps on giving. ASU basketball fans are the Charlie Brown trying to kick that ball. Enjoyed this offseason thread: http://www.scout.com/college/arizona-st ... ng-in-2020" target="_blank

OMG! How is it that zonagrad and I are the only ones commenting on their thread above??? It's absolutely hysterical, delusional, and contentious all wrapped up in one ugly maroon and gold turd of a package! Lmao.

My favorite comments are:

"It doesn't take as long to build a basketball program with the right coach. Anybody who thinks ASU can't have success need only look at what happened in tuscum when the rats got Loot. Some like to blame the fans, but it wasn't going to happen until ASU made a coaching change and hired Hurley."

And

"I think CBH is a better coach then Miller and Romar combined"

Enjoy the show folks.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

You don't expect ASU basketball fans to be smart, do you?
Bangkok Wildcat

Puerco wrote:You don't expect ASU basketball fans to be smart, do you?
Lol, of course not Puerco BUT (I hate to admit this) there were a couple in that thread who didn't have their heads completely up their backsides. Was fun to see the infighting that followed any rational comment.

The whole 'the gap is closing' argument (made famous by that ignorant sports reporter Paola Bovin sp?) is, as zonagrad states, the gift that keeps on giving....and the hiring of Bobby Hurley (who I think is an obnoxious, petulant man-child; albeit a very gifted collegiate player) just makes it more fun.

He was a great hire for such a crappy program (mostly due to their apathetic fans IMHO). I'm not a big fan of Hurley, but he's obviously had some success in D1 Coaching and is/has given them just enough hope to feel slightly optimistic. This, in turn, will make it more fun when he inevitably leaves them for a better offer and/or underperforms.

Ahhh, The Huge Maroon & Gold Turd that is ASU Basketball, I'm a huge fan! Lol.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Why exactly are some of those guys so optimistic for the future? They should treat basketball like Kansas treats football.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:Why exactly are some of those guys so optimistic for the future? They should treat basketball like Kansas treats football.
Like Kansas and Arizona. Also, dibs on 13, 1 and 22 on that volleyball squad. :shock:
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:Why exactly are some of those guys so optimistic for the future? They should treat basketball like Kansas treats football.
Like Kansas and Arizona. Also, dibs on 13, 1 and 22 on that volleyball squad. :shock:
We're not very good in football right now, but one of the few things we can say is that were definitely better than Kansas. We did win 10 games and our division just​ over 2 years ago. That season Kansas was 3-9

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Was anyone ever a regular visitor or poster to the Sun Devil Digest (scout.com) site or a lurker of Cactus Ranch?

Did Cactus Ranch go bye-bye? Or did it change domains? Doesn't seem to exist anymore.

And as for the scout.com site, I used to contribute here and there, getting in jabs as well level headed commentary, but since the site changed I'm banned for no reason and the rivals board is removed. The old owner (Hode) was fantastic but the new guy has locked everything down.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Bangkok Wildcat

CatsbyAZ wrote:Was anyone ever a regular visitor or poster to the Sun Devil Digest (scout.com) site or a lurker of Cactus Ranch?

Did Cactus Ranch go bye-bye? Or did it change domains? Doesn't seem to exist anymore.

And as for the scout.com site, I used to contribute here and there, getting in jabs as well level headed commentary, but since the site changed I'm banned for no reason and the rivals board is removed. The old owner (Hode) was fantastic but the new guy has locked everything down.
Me too on the Scout site before the big change.....I was always respectful since I was a guest....which was hard to do being they have some really obnoxious fans there. I even felt bad for them at the end of Lisa Love's reign of terror, lol.

I requested permission to post again but was denied without any explanation.....seems they want their delusional 'safe space' as the 'gap is closing' ;-).
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

http://www.cactusranch.com/devils/msgboard.html" target="_blank

The Raunch is still around...that site is also a time machine back to 1995.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The Raunch. I tried finding it after the T-Cup game, but had no luck.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Hurts my brain. I can't believe anyone can use a site like that and not go all "pom suicide smiley"
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UAdevil wrote:http://www.cactusranch.com/devils/msgboard.html

The Raunch is still around...that site is also a time machine back to 1995.
Does that link work for you? It's the same one I reference and all it does is go to a blank page. Not sure if that's meant as a symbolic thing.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson