Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: ASU blows

Post by azgreg »

Have they closed the gap yet?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:23 am Have they closed the gap yet?
Nah, Courtney Simpson still gets work from time to time.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Too bat they weren't playing kansas, they'd have probably won!!
:lol: :evil: ;)
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

azgreg wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:47 pm
AZCatGirl wrote:So does this game count as out of conference? I'm not sure how this works.
Yep. Non conference.
Why they calling it season opener then?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Well nuts, incarnate word was robbed of an opportunity to beat their rivals the "devil's" in the house of Beelzebub.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Near Casa Grande
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

How in the world is remy martin still on the wooden watch list.

Wendy not doing her research.
-Norlander.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

You stay classy Tempe
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ASU still blows and won't even make the tourney unless they really turn it around
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:19 pm You stay classy Tempe
Maybe Hurley should hire him as an assistant coach and let him do the aftergame press conferences.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Coincidence that Bagley got T'd up for trying to slap the ball away from Tubelis when he was inbounding? I dont think I've ever seen that, such a bitch move.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Jefe wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:28 pm Coincidence that Bagley got T'd up for trying to slap the ball away from Tubelis when he was inbounding? I dont think I've ever seen that, such a bitch move.
ARod type move
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

It's Game Day - AGAIN

...and ASU still Sucks. Final-Four contender? Try bottom of the Pac 12 Standings...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

After UW beat Utah, ASU currently has the fewest number of conference wins in the Pac 12.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

How do they justify his salary with the product on the floor? Remy complains almost as much as Bobby
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I would like to point out that the thread title "ASU Blows" is redundant.

Thanks for attending my TED talk.
-JB
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

How many points have been scored by opposing teams in transition while Remy complains to the refs this season?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UofAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:48 pm How many points have been scored by opposing teams in transition while Remy complains to the refs this season?
I know of 2 pretty recently. :mrgreen:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:49 pm
UofAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:48 pm How many points have been scored by opposing teams in transition while Remy complains to the refs this season?
I know of 2 pretty recently. :mrgreen:
There were at least 6 in the game last night.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If 1 of our guys did that and it led to an easy fast break bucket, Miller would lose his shit. Hurley on the other hand thinks “that’s my guy!”
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I was worried yesterday when WSU looked like they were going to beat ASU. I didn't want the last time I saw Martin (ever, as I can't see him ever making it) to be a slightly disappointed shrug over a competitive but narrow loss. I want the full-on blowout from Oregon this afternoon (12:30 p.m. MST - Pac-12 Network.) So we can watch Hurley's team of shaggy-haired floppers throw the ball away and lie on the floor shrieking at the refs while the other team fast-breaks in the other direction. A perfect end.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

So your final is 91-73. And the last anyone will ever see of the Little Richard look-alike named after a cognac (I assume we'll never know the full story on that) was when he complained about being taken out with under a minute left. Presumably he wanted his chance at three more career points. He gave a half-hearted acceptance of Hurley's hug and sat down glumly. To paraphrase the famous Edward R. Murrow sign-off: "Good night, and good riddance."
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

NICE!!!!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

In six seasons at ASU, Bobby Hurley has had a winning record three times -- three years with a losing record.

It's no coincidence that during the most troubling and trying years for Arizona basketball ;08-'09(Pennell/O'Neil) and '19-'20 (Miller/NCAA/FBI) that ASU hit its high water mark under both Sendek and Hurley. And now the tide is receding to normal levels. Arizona basketball is trending back to its rightful place with a promising future based on a stabile and talented roster. ASU? They are losing the core of their mediocre team with Martin, Verge, Lawrence all seniors and Christopher likely a OAD. ASU will return Bagley and House next season and unless Hurley pulls a rabbit out of his hat, the recruiting class looks weak. Add to that ASU lost its top assistant coach. I wouldn't be surprised if Hurley has a for sale sign outside his home and his agent is exploring the jobs at Vandy, BC and perhaps Minnesota.

My preference is for Hurley to stay -- and to complain next season that ASU sucks so bad and is a horrible travel partner for Arizona and if they were at least competitive opponents couldn't focus all of their attention on us.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

I want Hurley to stay for no other reason than being one of the biggest douche bags in college basketball makes him a perfect match for asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CatMG wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:35 pm I want Hurley to stay for no other reason than being one of the biggest douche bags in college basketball makes him a perfect match for asu.
Agree. He's so easy to hate. I had to build up to hating Evans and Sendek.
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Hurley is the perfect coach for ASU. I never want to see him leave. The ceiling for an ASU coach should always be good enough to get the play-in game but not good enough to win it.

Hurley is the man for the job
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I want ASSU to give Hurley a lifetime contract and I want the national media to continue pretending he’s got a great team before they inevitably fall apart year after year.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Just saw that Taeshon Cherry is transferring. I heard rumblings he was away from the team because he got in a fist fight with a teammate
I said what I said and I mean it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I bet one of them flopped.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
BeardownZonaZona

That made my day. Good one Dove
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Hey - I just noticed there is a replay of Washington State @ ASU on the Pac 12 Network in case anyone is interested....

(SILENCE)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Real question...

Why isn’t Hurley on the hot seat? Is it because ASSU is only pretending to be a real program?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:19 pm Real question...

Why isn’t Hurley on the hot seat? Is it because ASSU is only pretending to be a real program?
The media will always give reverence to Duke alums. This year was ASU's best shot to do something special with a veteran team. Next year is likely to be even worse, especially if Christopher decides to go pro. Unless Hurley pulls some late recruiting magic -- his class looks really weak. A losing season next year would be 4 sub .500 teams in 7 years. Yeah, he should be on the hot-seat.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

My thought it that this year is one that everyone wants to forget. Duke not making the tourney and Pastner being the ACC COY?

This year should just be an asterisk.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Merkin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 pm My thought it that this year is one that everyone wants to forget. Duke not making the tourney and Pastner being the ACC COY?

This year should just be an asterisk.
Partner bought himself a little more time at G'Tech. 3 seniors and 2 juniors on his starting 5. He was fast-walked into the ACC finals by way of Virginia getting a positive COVID. And this is likely is high water mark in Atlanta. He had a very veteran team that was marginally decent.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Pastner enter the job market after the tourney and buy himself some more time at a new location. He was about to get fired in Memphis and got out while he still had some allure.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

zonagrad wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:16 pm

The media will always give reverence to Duke alums. This year was ASU's best shot to do something special with a veteran team. Next year is likely to be even worse, especially if Christopher decides to go pro. Unless Hurley pulls some late recruiting magic -- his class looks really weak. A losing season next year would be 4 sub .500 teams in 7 years. Yeah, he should be on the hot-seat.
Everyone is eligible to come back and none of those guys has anywhere to go so they may all come back and be .500.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TheCat wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Everyone is eligible to come back and none of those guys has anywhere to go so they may all come back and be .500.
For his final year of eligibility Remy Martin will transfer to UofA. It will be the crowning insult to already tormented Cat fans. He'll wear a wire in a sting op and try to implicate Miller.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:23 pm
TheCat wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:05 pm

For his final year of eligibility Remy Martin will transfer to UofA. It will be the crowning insult to already tormented Cat fans. He'll wear a wire in a sting op and try to implicate Miller.
Remy Martin would have to pay Miller to wear an Arizona uniform.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Miller collecting illicit money according to ESPN. Remy Martin paid 6 figures to join Wildcats.
BeardownZonaZona

Jaelen house is transferring out of their program too. Who the hell is gonna play for them next year? I'm assuming Bagley and Christopher are gone. Remy and Verge have made it apparent they're gone. House and Cherry transferring. We're gonna beat them by 50
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The $ Miller takes from Martin will get him fired. All our players will transfer. The rest of the ASU players will come here and bring the Curtain of Distraction to McKale because Robbins will hire Hurley. All of Tucson will be so disgusted that no one will attend games. And we'll still beat them by 50. And Hansen will write something about Utah.

~ Wilhoit's Law
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:36 pm Jaelen house is transferring out of their program too. Who the hell is gonna play for them next year? I'm assuming Bagley and Christopher are gone. Remy and Verge have made it apparent they're gone. House and Cherry transferring. We're gonna beat them by 50
Is the GAP gone?

Wait - I just didn't see it. The GAP is so big, it's now the size of the Grand Canyon. Of Course, it always has been...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:36 pm Jaelen house is transferring out of their program too. Who the hell is gonna play for them next year? I'm assuming Bagley and Christopher are gone. Remy and Verge have made it apparent they're gone. House and Cherry transferring. We're gonna beat them by 50
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Sun Gerbils pick up an elite level big

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 002500002/
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

What a Hugh step down from Michigan state to ASU.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

84Cat wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 pm What a Hugh step down from Michigan state to ASU.
Huge step down in coaching.........no question.

Better weather.........yes
Better looking sluttier coeds...........Hell yes