UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Post by azcat49 »

Of course NO ONE would condone that behavior but it’s a red herring. Cronin’s Dad had to be located near the UCLA bench where tickets Cost a ton. I doubt a drunk AZ fan got close to that area given it was filled with bruins faithful. I also doubt the AZ fans buying the high priced mid court seats picked out the pops and directed a verbal diatribe at him. This is such a BS report it’s comical.

At least when we accused the spitter we had video. Produce something or STFU bruin fans
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

pc in NM wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:51 am
CardiacCats97 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:45 am I got yelled at by an opposing fan once. Where’s my investigation?
Come back and make light when its your 81 year-old father being treated like that!!

Not funny!!
My dad is 77. He can handle himself and diffuse a situation.

He would just say he had a run in with an asshole and be done with it. We’d laugh over a beer about it later, he wouldn’t be crying about it.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:54 am Golf course NO ONE would condone that behavior but it’s a red herring. Cronin’s Dad had to be located near the UCLA bench where tickets Cost a ton. I doubt a drunk AZ fan got close to that area given it was filled with bruins faithful. I also doubt the AZ fans buying the high priced mid court seats picked out the pops and directed a verbal diatribe at him. This is such a BS report it’s comical.

At least when we accused the spitter we had video. Produce something or STFU bruin fans
The incident happened while the post game UCLA radio broadcast was going on and the two hosts were trying to call security over to intervene. I believe it was happening when Arizona was cutting down the nets so most of the attention was otherwise diverted?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:56 am
CardiacCats97 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:45 am I got yelled at by an opposing fan once. Where’s my investigation?
Come back and make light when its your 81 year-old father being treated like that!!

Not funny!!

He would just say he had a run in with an asshole and be done with it. We’d laugh over a beer about it later, he wouldn’t be crying about it.
I don't think it's in Hep's nature to file charges over this. He probably meets them in the parking lot of El Cortez lol
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So Cronin’s Dad stuck around In His seat to watch the cats cut down the nets? That seems very odd to me. Should be very easy to have identified those fans and report them to our AD so their fan privilege could be revoked. I still call BS on this report
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:19 am So Cronin’s Dad stuck around In His seat to watch the cats cut down the nets? That seems very odd to me. Should be very easy to have identified those fans and report them to our AD so their fan privilege could be revoked. I still call BS on this report
I mean, it was literally being discussed live on the radio as it was happening. The pushing part wasn't mentioned, just the getting in the face and trying to get security. That's only Micks brother talking about that.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Then they should have some video or sound of the altercation and if so those cat fan idiots should pay the price.

Really shouldn’t be hard to pin point those fans just like we isolated Etiene. Can’t believe that with the post game camera’s rolling, TMoblie video and the fact that the remaining fans there to see the trophy presentation with camera phones at the ready that no one picked it up when people are supposedly shoving and in others faces. We get video of that stuff from Walmart everyday somehow
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I’m sure it went down something like this:

AZ Fan - “Go Home Bruins and take your Lollipop kid with you.”
Cronin’s Dad - “STFU, that’s my son you are talking about.”
AZ Fan - “I can see the resemblance. You need help finding the yellow brick road?”
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Not funny!!
You don’t know how old I am or if I ever procreated.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:13 pm https://twitter.com/imwinterandrews/sta ... 4POx7MVqAA

Different story appearing now.
Let me see if I do this correctly. Is there video? If not sounds like it's probably made up.

In all seriousness, at least we have determined there was an incident as someone is claiming that Hep was confronted. Because now we have two sides to the story.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:18 pm
azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:13 pm https://twitter.com/imwinterandrews/sta ... 4POx7MVqAA

Different story appearing now.
Let me see if I do this correctly. Is there video? If not sounds like it's probably made up.
I thought if the octogenarian father of Mick Cronin was involved you’re supposed to believe he was wronged unconditionally and demand the Arizona fan be banned, prosecuted, and possibly castrated. Do I have that wrong?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Agreed Bug. The point was that Bruin fans were saying AZ fans were classless and there are always two sides and the answer is generally in the middle.

Sorry I riled you so. I root for the bruins and have great respect for them but the accusations were horseshit and I seriously doubt old man Cronin told a kid and his mother not to walk in front of them.

It does make this rivalry riveting though
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:03 am

Not funny!!

I don't think it's in Hep's nature to file charges over this. He probably meets them in the parking lot of El Cortez lol
I’m shocked! That the El Cortez is still around!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:31 am Then they should have some video or sound of the altercation and if so those cat fan idiots should pay the price.

Really shouldn’t be hard to pin point those fans just like we isolated Etiene. Can’t believe that with the post game camera’s rolling, TMoblie video and the fact that the remaining fans there to see the trophy presentation with camera phones at the ready that no one picked it up when people are supposedly shoving and in others faces. We get video of that stuff from Walmart everyday somehow
I am withholding calling shenanigans yet, but with everyone having cell phones, there is no video?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

After the dust has settled and I've watched the game again, I have a few, mostly UCLA-centric thoughts. Depending on how badly you are triggered by my posts, it could cause a seizure. Consider this your warning :)

It was a fantastic battle all year between the two teams. Timing means everything. UCLA's starting lineup played less than 5 minutes in all three games vs Arizona. That probably best sums up Arizona taking the season series 2-1, while UCLA finished the conference 4 games up on them. Between the three games, UCLA was +1. You can't predict when players get hurt and that's the way it goes.

Speaking of injuries, seems like UCLA always goes into the postseason limping. The final four run, they lost Chris Smith for the year during the season. Last year they had a gimpy JJJ. They've had issues with Hill and Riley. It could very well be due to the style of defense that Mick plays.

When the information of Mick's father reached Mick's ear and he left the presser early, both JJJ and Bona were bouncing. They didn't have his back like his players, they have his back like family. Definitely love the culture Mick has. The players love him. The only kid to transfer out in four years was Jake Kyman, who left to play for his former trainer and then got kicked off the Wyoming team. Everyone points to press conferences where nothing useful is said, but you can tell the real coaching, the real comments happen in practice, in lockerrooms, not for show in the media like the fans want to see. Love it.

Tyger had an up and down season all year. I didn't think he was quite first team all PAC-12 quality for most of it. And while he missed the tying FT, Mick commented that he would stake his life on Tyger shooting that FT again. I believe he lost the "crown" for best FT shooter in conference with that miss. He's made indication he wants to return for his last season. We'll see what happens. NIL could probably make it happen. Campbell getting fouled was probably the best thing to happen in that moment too, as the kickout was to Bailey for a wide open 3.

Speaking of Bailey, really like the player he has turned into. Would have loved to have seen him play in McKale, but injuries have slowed him. His injury his senior year probably destroyed his athleticism and shot at a long NBA career. Would love to see him back next year.

After the Watson season where he didn't play as much, it's easy to see Watson was one of those athletic freaks who needs to learn to play basketball. For his style of basketball he needed to learn and Mick's style, it was a bad match. But seeing Bona and Bailey getting a lot of minutes and Mick's trust, should put away that silly theory that Mick won't play 5*'s. You just need to be ready to play and Watson wasn't. It's not anyone's fault really.

The last 4:25 of the game was crazy. That's why UCLA lost it's last post player. I think Arizona had one basket during that stretch, until the Ramey 3 pointer. Unfortunately, UCLA was trying to hit 3's and came up empty as well. And the rebounding was pretty terrible for UCLA with the size disadvantage. It's crazy that Mick still figured out how to hang with Arizona with JJJ, McClellon, Bailey, Singleton, and Campbell as the 5 players on the court.

But what that defense showed is that without Clark, without Bona, Mick was able to scrape together a team effort that was able to slow Arizona. It's assured that JJJ is gone next year. Singleton is the only guy out of eligibility. Campbell and Bona are 50/50. Bona probably one foot out the door. But the team will be in every game because, as prickly as Mick can be, he's a "witch" as a coach.

Lloyd had a masterful gameplan on Singleton. It looked like he was shadowed almost all game and he was almost never open or had a great look. I think Lloyd believed that we'd get nothing from the center position, Campbell, Bona, and JJJ would likely get theirs anyways, so the key was to make sure UCLA didnt get any open looks from David. It worked.

I'm worried about the player Boswell is turning into. If Kerr comes back, I dont think it will be as big of an issue for UCLA as Lloyd seems to want to play an injured Kerr over him as many coaches tend to fall victim to the veteran over the younger kid. So that gets UCLA out of the conference before Boswell becomes a problem UCLA has to deal with full time.

Curious to see where things shakeout for the tournament selection. After the game yesterday, I could see us losing anytime from the round of 32 all the way to winning it all, if Bona is back.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:02 pm
azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:31 am Then they should have some video or sound of the altercation and if so those cat fan idiots should pay the price.

I am withholding calling shenanigans yet, but with everyone having cell phones, there is no video?
The alternate account of the incident is from a newly created Twitter account with no other posts….
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:17 pm They didn't have his back like his players, they have his back like family. Definitely love the culture Mick has. The players love him.
I thought it was quite amazing when either Walton or Pasch said that UCLA has not picked up any players from the transfer portal, they all start as freshmen.

Since Lloyd doesn't throw out dozens of offers to high schoolers like Miller did, I imagine the UA will still be combing the portal to find gems like Ramey and Henderson, even if we only get them for one year.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good stuff Bug. One would think this game should pay dividends (sans injuries) for both teams in the tournament. UCLA should know that no matter who they face and if short handed they can dig deep and win

AZ knows they now can win vs different styles and has an example of what toughness is.

Just seems PAC teams are jinxed with injuries this time of year. Krissa with the shoulder and Ballo with a broken hand along with UCLA’s injuries sure make it tough vs healthy teams in the 16 and beyond.

As for TC missing that FT, it was a surprise but those things never cost a team a game. This rivalry is just so spirited and has grown more intense with the recent play of both teams.

Best of luck to the Bruins and all the PAC teams (even ASSU)
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:31 pm
Nope, Fuck assu!
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:17 pm After the dust has settled and I've watched the game again, I have a few, mostly UCLA-centric thoughts. Depending on how badly you are triggered by my posts, it could cause a seizure. Consider this your warning :)

It was a fantastic battle all year between the two teams. Timing means everything. UCLA's starting lineup played less than 5 minutes in all three games vs Arizona. That probably best sums up Arizona taking the season series 2-1, while UCLA finished the conference 4 games up on them. Between the three games, UCLA was +1. You can't predict when players get hurt and that's the way it goes.

Speaking of injuries, seems like UCLA always goes into the postseason limping. The final four run, they lost Chris Smith for the year during the season. Last year they had a gimpy JJJ. They've had issues with Hill and Riley. It could very well be due to the style of defense that Mick plays.

When the information of Mick's father reached Mick's ear and he left the presser early, both JJJ and Bona were bouncing. They didn't have his back like his players, they have his back like family. Definitely love the culture Mick has. The players love him. The only kid to transfer out in four years was Jake Kyman, who left to play for his former trainer and then got kicked off the Wyoming team. Everyone points to press conferences where nothing useful is said, but you can tell the real coaching, the real comments happen in practice, in lockerrooms, not for show in the media like the fans want to see. Love it.

Tyger had an up and down season all year. I didn't think he was quite first team all PAC-12 quality for most of it. And while he missed the tying FT, Mick commented that he would stake his life on Tyger shooting that FT again. I believe he lost the "crown" for best FT shooter in conference with that miss. He's made indication he wants to return for his last season. We'll see what happens. NIL could probably make it happen. Campbell getting fouled was probably the best thing to happen in that moment too, as the kickout was to Bailey for a wide open 3.

Speaking of Bailey, really like the player he has turned into. Would have loved to have seen him play in McKale, but injuries have slowed him. His injury his senior year probably destroyed his athleticism and shot at a long NBA career. Would love to see him back next year.

After the Watson season where he didn't play as much, it's easy to see Watson was one of those athletic freaks who needs to learn to play basketball. For his style of basketball he needed to learn and Mick's style, it was a bad match. But seeing Bona and Bailey getting a lot of minutes and Mick's trust, should put away that silly theory that Mick won't play 5*'s. You just need to be ready to play and Watson wasn't. It's not anyone's fault really.

The last 4:25 of the game was crazy. That's why UCLA lost it's last post player. I think Arizona had one basket during that stretch, until the Ramey 3 pointer. Unfortunately, UCLA was trying to hit 3's and came up empty as well. And the rebounding was pretty terrible for UCLA with the size disadvantage. It's crazy that Mick still figured out how to hang with Arizona with JJJ, McClellon, Bailey, Singleton, and Campbell as the 5 players on the court.

But what that defense showed is that without Clark, without Bona, Mick was able to scrape together a team effort that was able to slow Arizona. It's assured that JJJ is gone next year. Singleton is the only guy out of eligibility. Campbell and Bona are 50/50. Bona probably one foot out the door. But the team will be in every game because, as prickly as Mick can be, he's a "witch" as a coach.

Lloyd had a masterful gameplan on Singleton. It looked like he was shadowed almost all game and he was almost never open or had a great look. I think Lloyd believed that we'd get nothing from the center position, Campbell, Bona, and JJJ would likely get theirs anyways, so the key was to make sure UCLA didnt get any open looks from David. It worked.

I'm worried about the player Boswell is turning into. If Kerr comes back, I dont think it will be as big of an issue for UCLA as Lloyd seems to want to play an injured Kerr over him as many coaches tend to fall victim to the veteran over the younger kid. So that gets UCLA out of the conference before Boswell becomes a problem UCLA has to deal with full time.

Curious to see where things shakeout for the tournament selection. After the game yesterday, I could see us losing anytime from the round of 32 all the way to winning it all, if Bona is back.
Thanks for your observations!

While I dislike the style of Cronin-coached teams, and the way he publicly gets in players’ faces, I grudgingly acknowledge that he’s really good. Also, in today’s world, coaches that haven’t already established strong, trusting relationships with their players don’t get the kind of effort and performances out of them like Cronin.

We all know that the Tourney is all about matchups. UCLA is great at forcing opponents into uncomfortable flow - that will make them a team that no one would want to meet up in the Dance. Alternately, Arizona was disrupted twice in last year’s tourney, and it seems that building in adaptability has been the priority - we don’t “want” to play a slow, ugly game, but if forced, bring it on!! I think last year’s team didn’t think anyone could do that to them.

It will be interesting to see Boswell’s development into his sophbseason - but he really wasn’t as capable as Kerr at floor generalship. He’ll be a great replacement (improvement?) for Ramey’s starting role next year!

BTW, I think all the eligible players should return (even Zu!), but who knows.

Same might be true for Tyger! But there’s a lot of developing young talent on that team!!

One more year to battle!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

84Cat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:37 pm
azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:31 pm
Nope, Fuck assu!
One bridge too far.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
gouacats

Post by gouacats »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:17 pm.
My guess is that Boswell starts at the 1 and Kerr at the 2, but we’ll see.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:31 am Then they should have some video or sound of the altercation
Here is the audio from the radio as it happened in real time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kosherbruin/ ... 8423443457
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

gouacats wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:03 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:17 pm.
My guess is that Boswell starts at the 1 and Kerr at the 2, but we’ll see.
That would make some sense, sort of like Bailey/Tyger
Last edited by MrBug708 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:53 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:07 pm What a battle. Both teams exhausted down the stretch. The last couple of minutes, UCLA didn't have the height to grab a rebound. Ramey got some redemption an Andrews had a chance to win it. Would have liked three games full strength vs you guys full strength, but that's the way it goes. UCLA should have enough to get a 1, but I think they'll be dinged with the Clark injury in the end. If we are shipped out, I hope it's the East regional. I think we'd have more fans in NY than any of the other sites
UCLA definitely wins this game with all their starters. The Bruins should get a 1 and they deserve it. It took all Arizona had to beat a depleted Bruin team not to mention some horrible officiating. Cronin has a good reason to be upset. A win is a win but I like mine without an asterisk or multiple ones.
Sorry the boys disappointed you yet again.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

The "second story" is plausible if Hep Cronin is anything like his hotheaded, sore loser son. If Arizona fans instigated out of the blue as in the radio clip, that's very fucked up.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:14 pm
azcat49 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:31 am Then they should have some video or sound of the altercation
Here is the audio from the radio as it happened in real time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kosherbruin/ ... 8423443457

Definitely proves an altercation. Shouldn’t have happened but not sure what to believe given the section Hap was was not designated a non pass through area. Sounds like both sides were culpable from reports. If they find it was our fans that raised the ire than they should be dealt with but if they simply walked in front of Hap and were told they can’t be there then most would say it’s a free country and who are you to dictate where I walk
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:18 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:53 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:07 pm What a battle. Both teams exhausted down the stretch. The last couple of minutes, UCLA didn't have the height to grab a rebound. Ramey got some redemption an Andrews had a chance to win it. Would have liked three games full strength vs you guys full strength, but that's the way it goes. UCLA should have enough to get a 1, but I think they'll be dinged with the Clark injury in the end. If we are shipped out, I hope it's the East regional. I think we'd have more fans in NY than any of the other sites
UCLA definitely wins this game with all their starters. The Bruins should get a 1 and they deserve it. It took all Arizona had to beat a depleted Bruin team not to mention some horrible officiating. Cronin has a good reason to be upset. A win is a win but I like mine without an asterisk or multiple ones.
Sorry the boys disappointed you yet again.
Some people look for the pony in a pile of shit. Captain Coprophagia has his eye on a different prize. He uses the royal we because he has a turd in his pocket ...... a picnic lunch.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:55 pm
MrBug708 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:03 am

Not funny!!

I’m shocked! That the El Cortez is still around!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was permanently banned from the El Cortez back in the early 90's. Even back then it was kind of a shithole. Sometimes I wonder if they still have my polaroid pinned to the wall inside the security office.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Good stuff bug.

Couple of last minute points about last nights game.

While everyone is lamenting about UCLA being without 2 keg players let’s also not forget Kriisa had a bum shoulder and Ballo’s hand is injured.

Also, I thought Cronin was only complaining about the offensive foul on the dunk. The Bruin hack writer was saying Cronin’s complaint was that he thought Ramey pushed off on his game winning 3 point shot.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

What ever happened to giving credit to your opponent and being proud of your kids?

Maybe Mick also said all that, but the whining overshadows it all.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:52 pm What ever happened to giving credit to your opponent and being proud of your kids?

Maybe Mick also said all that, but the whining overshadows it all.
The important stuff doesn't happen in mandatory press conferences. But this one was cut short when Mick left to check on his dad. Mick is great is press conferences but also gives a lot of good sound bytes for fans to over analyze and obsess over.
TheCatInTheHat

Tyger Choked

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Back home after the always delightful 4-hour drive.

Well, if success is defined as distracting from failure by seizing on some other issue, even if blowing it out of proportion is required, then it was a successful Pac-12 championship game for UCLA fans. By any other measure, not so much. We stuck around for quite a while after the game, where the main takeaways were the nuances of technique in cutting down snippets of net, Tommy Lloyd's profuse gratitude to UofA fans, finishing up with "BTFD!", and our cheerleaders' extensive stretching out for selfies on the court in a sea of red, white, and blue confetti. Other than that, pretty quiet and peaceful, with maybe 4,000 fans sticking around while everybody else left to party. We were in the lower corner between the UCLA band and their bench, and just above Muehlebach, McLean, and Adamson. We had to look right past the UCLA bench to see the post-game stuff, and there were absolutely no incidents noticeable there.

During the game, the UCLA fans near us bellowed like mad when they went on any mini-runs (obviously no problem with that), but there was also endless delusional high-pitched whining about every single call that went against them. From Cronin's pre-game claiming of a 1 seed, to the disingenuous claim by their fans of Heeke screwing them (appropriately addressed by the LA Daily News' Jim Alexander), to Cronin leading off his post-game presser whining about some push-off call while his team largely gets away with playing Roller Derby defense, it's hard to get away from the word "entitled." I get a chuckle out of thinking of that kind of wussified fan base suddenly confronted by life in the frozen tundra of the Big Ten. It'll be like a situation comedy where spoiled suburban kids look around and find themselves in prison.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

I had to repost this:
TheCatInTheHat

Tyger Choked

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

On the subject of the apple not falling far from the tree, there seems to be quite the polarization between those who think all octogenarians are timid and saintly, and those who've seen that there's a percentage of a-holes in every age and demographic, even if some don't realize their own limitations. And those two groups seem to line up on opposite sides of who should seek redress from whom for an alleged incident so significant that next to nobody noticed it. (And give me a break about anybody in UCLA's little media camp repeating disgruntled fan claims.) The dichotomy of where people line up stikes me that it's a little like block/charge calls. Dickhead teaches his players to flop with their arms waving wildly. His reserve did it per his coaching instructions against Ballo, and his defender did it against Ramey's game-winner. Refs just looked off UCLA's flops, but they called Kriisa for fouls on it twice. Yet, the self-proclaimed Mr. No Excuses jumps all over the no-call on Ramey as the cause for all of their angst. Because UCLA is entitled (there's that word again) to get even more favorable calls than they already do. Not remotely happenin' in the Big Ten. Anyway, that's enough about those fucks. We beat them two out of three, and despite their midget dissing the P12 Tournament as not "real", we won the conference's automatic bid with all that represents. Now on to the NCAAs, and their fans can try to figure out what channel TruTV is on.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Never gets old!
IrishAzCat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:07 pm I had to repost this:
MrBug708

Re: Tyger Choked

Post by MrBug708 »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:12 am On the subject of the apple not falling far from the tree, there seems to be quite the polarization between those who think all octogenarians are timid and saintly, and those who've seen that there's a percentage of a-holes in every age and demographic, even if some don't realize their own limitations. And those two groups seem to line up on opposite sides of who should seek redress from whom for an alleged incident so significant that next to nobody noticed it. (And give me a break about anybody in UCLA's little media camp repeating disgruntled fan claims.) The dichotomy of where people line up stikes me that it's a little like block/charge calls. Dickhead teaches his players to flop with their arms waving wildly. His reserve did it per his coaching instructions against Ballo, and his defender did it against Ramey's game-winner. Refs just looked off UCLA's flops, but they called Kriisa for fouls on it twice. Yet, the self-proclaimed Mr. No Excuses jumps all over the no-call on Ramey as the cause for all of their angst. Because UCLA is entitled (there's that word again) to get even more favorable calls than they already do. Not remotely happenin' in the Big Ten. Anyway, that's enough about those fucks. We beat them two out of three, and despite their midget dissing the P12 Tournament as not "real", we won the conference's automatic bid with all that represents. Now on to the NCAAs, and their fans can try to figure out what channel TruTV is on.
You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters here.
arizonawildcats

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just very different to have both Miller and Lloyd lead with how good and tough UCLA is and praise their players and then have Cronin Lead with the officiating and never really praising AZ. I guess it’s his tough, never give in mantra showing through
arizonawildcats

And watch Mr. Professional in the handshake line at 25:18
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Where there's smoke...

Anyway, what's the Bona status?
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Left shoulder dislocation, so pop it back in and soreness. Can be different degrees, obviously, but Kriisa played through his on his shooting arm, which clearly affected his shooting (left handed FT, etc.) The NBA scouting report says Bona has to work on his left hand, so I assume he's right handed. Lots of banging down low, but little shooting impact or ball-handling issue, so you can shoot him up with pain-killer. Doubt they'll even need him for their Thursday opponent, but after 7-8 days, I'd be shocked if he couldn't play against Northwestern or Boise on Saturday.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I don't think he plays Thursday either. I think the Arizona game shows Mick can come up with a solid enough of a gameplan without him, but there was a lot less on the line with a loss.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:34 am Where there's smoke...

Anyway, what's the Bona status?
Mick's boner status is ....... oh, I see what you meant.

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/father-o ... title-game

First, we have "spit-gate".
Now, old man Cronin is playing Izzy Mandelbaum from Seinfeld.

C'mon, I know that there's some assemblance of manners in LA.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:46 am Left shoulder dislocation, so pop it back in and soreness. Can be different degrees, obviously, but Kriisa played through his on his shooting arm, which clearly affected his shooting (left handed FT, etc.) The NBA scouting report says Bona has to work on his left hand, so I assume he's right handed. Lots of banging down low, but little shooting impact or ball-handling issue, so you can shoot him up with pain-killer. Doubt they'll even need him for their Thursday opponent, but after 7-8 days, I'd be shocked if he couldn't play against Northwestern or Boise on Saturday.
Where did you hear Kerr had a dislocated shoulder? Both the replay and the reports later said he had a “contusion”. that’s an entirely different injury! A seperation or dislocation involves ligaments and possible muscle damage -different damage and healing.

― Kinky Friedman
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Krissa himself said it popped out and he popped it back in. Star article I think
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:05 pm Krissa himself said it popped out and he popped it back in. Star article I think
Ah, I can’t read Star articles. Thanks.

Inwonder why all other reports only say “”contusion”?

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:05 pm Krissa himself said it popped out and he popped it back in. Star article I think