Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by NYCat »

Merkin wrote:Chief does have a point.
No elite PG wants to come in and play in his controlled set offense, even with bags of cash.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Irish27 wrote:
The only issue now in "dumb crook" vs. "crook"
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
prh

Post by prh »

Trey is the most bitter gravy train-er there's ever been
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Well, Miller did let Pitts stay on the team and on the bench after what he did with Trey's sister, so I can see a little resentment.

Last edited by Merkin on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Times like these reveal your true friends. Anyone in media is not a true friend, even though they sucked up to Miller all this time
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

prh wrote:Trey is the most bitter gravy train-er there's ever been
STFU
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
prh

Post by prh »

pc in NM wrote:
STFU
Literally all he does is trash the program. The situation was handled exactly how it should have been. Be upset at Pitts but Miller didn't do anything wrong there.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bosy Billups wrote:Times like these reveal your true friends. Anyone in media is not a true friend, even though they sucked up to Miller all this time
Totally. Jay is being very duke about all of this.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Be upset with Byrne as well Over the Pitts situation, dude misplaced his spine while glad handing anyone that would listen to him.
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

I've been judge for never liking Bilas. that being said feels like my dogged died. hoping this is all bs nut didn't look goof for us.
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:Be upset with Byrne as well Over the Pitts situation, dude misplaced his spine while glad handing anyone that would listen to him.
Oh we have so much to be upset at Byrne about I didn't even want to start down that road.
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

Watching Seth Greenberg's response on ESPN disgusts me. How can he act shocked and disgusted that a player may have been paid at Arizona. This has obviously been going on in most top programs for years. Seth Greenberg was a coach. I am sure he knows the reality of NCAA basketball recruiting.
Don't tell me that Duke and Kentucky have been getting all those McDonald's All Americans without cheating.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

To be fair, the GameDay crew essentially said that the only surprising thing is that Miller was dumb enough to be the point man. They didn't deny that this occurs throughout college sports. Not much to disagree with there.
prh

Post by prh »

OriginalAZ wrote:Watching Seth Greenberg's response on ESPN disgusts me. How can he act shocked and disgusted that a player may have been paid at Arizona. This has obviously been going on in most top programs for years. Seth Greenberg was a coach. I am sure he knows the reality of NCAA basketball recruiting.
Don't tell me that Duke and Kentucky have been getting all those McDonald's All Americans without cheating.
Maybe there's a reason he only made 3 tournaments in over 20 years of being a head coach
Last edited by prh on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

OriginalAZ wrote:Watching Seth Greenberg's response on ESPN disgusts me. How can he act shocked and disgusted that a player may have been paid at Arizona. This has obviously been going on in most top programs for years. Seth Greenberg was a coach. I am sure he knows the reality of NCAA basketball recruiting.
I think his disgust is more because of the relationship he has with Miller.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

DrWildcat wrote:To be fair, the GameDay crew essentially said that the only surprising thing is that Miller was dumb enough to be the point man. They didn't deny that this occurs throughout college sports. Not much to disagree with there.
which unfortunately gives the NCAA a great opportunity to "fix" this problem (big money recruiting) by completely hammering Arizona to make an example out of them.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Anyone who thinks Sean Miller is exceptional in what he did, answer me this: why did he offer $100,000? Why not $5000?

Clearly, he’s competing. And you don’t compete against nobody.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Longhorned wrote:Anyone who thinks Sean Miller is exceptional in what he did, answer me this: why did he offer $100,000? Why not $5000?

Maybe we got Ayton cheaper than the market rate. Maybe Miller should be praised.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

There has to be a statement release soon right? Even if it's lawyers
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Longhorned wrote:Anyone who thinks Sean Miller is exceptional in what he did, answer me this: why did he offer $100,000? Why not $5000?

And why did we ever lose out on a recruit?

However, Miller was caught and deserves to be punished for being stupid. I hope others are caught too because I'm bitter, but how many head coaches are this dumb?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Who cares, there's no evidence so far. Miller/Arizona & Louisville/Pitino are on an island until something else concrete leaks. And will get the blunt punishment because of it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

DrWildcat wrote:

And why did we ever lose out on a recruit?

However, Miller was caught and deserves to be punished for being stupid. I hope others are caught too because I'm bitter, but how many head coaches are this dumb?
Control freaks are.

Which would not be surprising wrt Miller.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

How much did pjc’s family get paid. Is that why he wasn’t over recruited? Because the family threatened to spill the beans?

I know crazy, but my mind is going crazy places.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

NYCat wrote:

Who cares, there's no evidence so far. Miller/Arizona & Louisville/Pitino are on an island until something else concrete leaks. And will get the blunt punishment because of it.
Completely agree. People seem to be not noticing that the vast majority of the allegations thus far relate to payments to players by agents.........not college head coaches. Maybe the other shoe will drop and Izzo/Rat Face/Self will be implicated but at the moment there is zero evidence of that.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Not to change the subject but what's the line on tonight's game? With all the uncertainty Vegas must be going crazy.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

NYCat wrote:There has to be a statement release soon right? Even if it's lawyers
You wait to the last minute for more info to possibly let Ayton play
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Captain Obvious wrote:Not to change the subject but what's the line on tonight's game? With all the uncertainty Vegas must be going crazy.

If I was in Vegas, I would bet heavily on Oregon, and then the 'Cats would man up and win.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

DrWildcat wrote:To be fair, the GameDay crew essentially said that the only surprising thing is that Miller was dumb enough to be the point man. They didn't deny that this occurs throughout college sports. Not much to disagree with there.
This

― Kinky Friedman
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

A couple of years ago while I was showing my son UofA we walked by Jefferson and Miller was outside on his cell phone.

If I had known what was going to happen I would have tackled him right then and smashed his phone.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

People going crazy. You play on. Sit nobody. Refer back to statement from September. Fuck them all cause this shit is just beginning.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So Bilas lives on a soapbox labeled “Pay The Players” but Sean Miller is a crook for talking about paying the players?

Okeydoke....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If UA & Miller were cooperating with the FBI since last fall, wouldn't Heeke know about the recorded calls? And obviously Miller too. I suppose this could be a revelation, but it seems odd this didn't come out sooner. If this had leaked in September, then I can understand the shock. But Miller had to know this was coming. And if Heeke didn't know, he would've fired Miller immediately.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:So Bilas lives on a soapbox labeled “Pay The Players” but Sean Miller is a crook for talking about paying the players?

Okeydoke....

Coach K is clean. He said so.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

prh wrote:
pc in NM wrote:
STFU
Literally all he does is trash the program. The situation was handled exactly how it should have been. Be upset at Pitts but Miller didn't do anything wrong there.
Miller had Pitts sitting on the bench next to Trey all season knowing exactly what had happened. I'm a Miller fan, but Trey has every reason in the world to hate Miller. And anyone who was in Trey's position would feel the same.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Bilas wants a free market. But the closest thing to that is the Black market. But Bilas hates the black market.
Last edited by zonagrad on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:So Bilas lives on a soapbox labeled “Pay The Players” but Sean Miller is a crook for talking about paying the players?

Okeydoke....
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

zonagrad wrote:If UA & Miller were cooperating with the FBI since last fall, wouldn't Heeke know about the recorded calls? And obviously Miller too. I suppose this could be a revelation, but it seems odd this didn't come out sooner. If this had leaked in September, then I can understand the shock. But Miller had to know this was coming. And if Heeke didn't know, he would've fired Miller immediately.
Miller's house was raided, I'm not sure how the timeline lines up
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

Olsondogg wrote:People going crazy. You play on. Sit nobody. Refer back to statement from September. Fuck them all cause this shit is just beginning.

The one thing I worry about is the “institutional control”. I mean if we knew about everything and decided to say screw everyone and keep playing you really give he NCAA ammo to shit all over our program rather than us just cleaning house and taking a few years of probation and post season bans.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Institution control would come into play 3-5 years in the future when the tapes are played in the trials, or released during pre trials or during discovery - then the NCAA getting them and using it against us. Huge risk. Way worse penalty for willingly doing nothing while knowing
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

jajoyce wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:People going crazy. You play on. Sit nobody. Refer back to statement from September. Fuck them all cause this shit is just beginning.

The one thing I worry about is the “institutional control”. I mean if we knew about everything and decided to say screw everyone and keep playing you really give he NCAA ammo to shit all over our program rather than us just cleaning house and taking a few years of probation and post season bans.
How, precisely, have Miami, UNC, Auburn, etc. displayed institutional control?
Seems like it’s a term that only applies when the NCAA want to jack USC.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If Miller is guilty and likely a pariah in the industry he could just come clean and say yes, you're damn right I paid players. And so did coaches x, y and Z. He could make no apologies and just go on the offensive at the hypocrisy of the NCAA. What is there to lose? No doubt Arizona has lost a few bidding wars. Miller could bring it all down if the FBI doesn't already.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

The more I think about this the less it looks likely that CSM or the university were in on it. The FBI already had Book. They could use him whenever they wanted to trap Dawkins. They would not need another actor to set up a sting on Dawkins. Remember, Book is not the big fish they were after. Dawkins, shoe companies, etc.. They would use Book, not Miller. Unless they already knew they could pressure Miller into cooperating, which would mean they had evidence that not only was he involved, but was also taking kick backs (or arranging them for his assistants).

I'm no lawyer though, and I don't watch CSI.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Would Miller really have been dumb enough to be the only coach to discuss this stuff over the phone? I mean Jeez, even if im talking to someone or texting them about buying weed I still speak in code. Having a phone conversation to the likes of "Oh we will give you 100k for DeAndre Ayton to come play for us at Arizona" is still incredibly hard to believe. ANd did he truly just let Book fall on the sword?? All of this is disappointing, confusing, infuriating, etc.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

LBdCactus wrote:The more I think about this the less it looks likely that CSM or the university were in on it. The FBI already had Book. They could use him whenever they wanted to trap Dawkins. They would not need another actor to set up a sting on Dawkins. Remember, Book is not the big fish they were after. Dawkins, shoe companies, etc.. They would use Book, not Miller. Unless they already knew they could pressure Miller into cooperating, which would mean they had evidence that not only was he involved, but was also taking kick backs (or arranging them for his assistants).

I'm no lawyer though, and I don't watch CSI.
Why raid Miller's house? They didn't find anything though
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

billk78

Post by billk78 »

Where's 97 today? Hope he's okay.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

zonagrad wrote:Bilas wants a free market. But the closest thing to that is the Black market. But Bilas hates the black market.
I guess it’s hard to moan incessantly about kids getting nothing while adults make tons of money if the kids are getting paid too.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?