Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

Re: Sean Miller

Post by 3goggles »

pc in NM wrote:So, looks like those announcers mispoke - halftime report did not mention anything not previously reported.

Sorry - just shared their quote verbatim.
Well ESPN is making us look better and better with there shitty reporting
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Is it just me, or has the quality of all things in life gone to shit in recent years? Nothing, it seems, can be taken at face value. God, I hate the internet.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:Also, I hope Dick Vitale’s glass eye falls out and rolls into the sewer.
:lol:

Or maybe falls into a bowl of hard boiled eggs at the ESPN commisary? Hopefully it gets onto Bilas' plate somehow.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He meant UA by the way

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

ESPN also broke the news that Sean Miller would NOT , repeat NOT, be coaching Arizona State tonight. Details at 11.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Is it just me, or has the quality of all things in life gone to shit in recent years? Nothing, it seems, can be taken at face value. God, I hate the internet.
It has become more important in journalism to be first than to be right.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

They sure backtracking a ton today. Damage is done though.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Gilbertcat wrote: Damage is done though.
Quite literally. The last 48 hours have caused irreparable damage to AZ hoops and Miller personally. I can't see how there isn't a lawsuit here *if* this all turns out to be bullshit.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

It’s funny, they blamed the information on a source from media row from the Oregan state Campus. Undoubtedly, they were definitely going to steer away from placing blam on ESPN.
cat77

Post by cat77 »

On the pregame show Scheer said after hearing that Ayton was cleared by the fbi and NCAA he has changed his mind and feels Miller will coach at Arizona again. But he also thinks that after the year is over the Miller Era is done at Arizona the two sides will part ways.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Is it just me, or has the quality of all things in life gone to shit in recent years? Nothing, it seems, can be taken at face value. God, I hate the internet.
It has become more important in journalism to be first than to be right.
Then the only believable reports from courtside tonight come from CST.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

cat77 wrote:On the pregame show Scheer said after hearing that Ayton was cleared by the fbi and NCAA he has changed his mind and feels Miller will coach at Arizona again. But he also thinks that after the year is over the Miller Era is done at Arizona the two sides will part ways.
Interesting. I really wanna see Miller finish coaching this particular team. They started something; let em finish it.

If there's no way to move forward with Miller as HC, after all factors considered, then yeah, let's turn the page. I will really hate to see him go, though.
cat77

Post by cat77 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
cat77 wrote:On the pregame show Scheer said after hearing that Ayton was cleared by the fbi and NCAA he has changed his mind and feels Miller will coach at Arizona again. But he also thinks that after the year is over the Miller Era is done at Arizona the two sides will part ways.
Interesting. I really wanna see Miller finish coaching this particular team. They started something; let em finish it.

If there's no way to move forward with Miller as HC, after all factors considered, then yeah, let's turn the page. I will really hate to see him go, though.
I agree and Scheer seems to think we will get to see him finish the year coaching this team. But after that it's over. I hate to say it but I kind of feel that way as well. If that happens it will be hard watching it end this way. Not a just ending for Miller or Arizona. It feels as if he was fighting an uphill battle fromm the beginning.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

cat77 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:

I agree and Scheer seems to think we will get to see him finish the year coaching this team. But after that it's over. I hate to say it but I kind of feel that way as well. If that happens it will be hard watching it end this way. Not a just ending for Miller or Arizona. It feels as if he was fighting an uphill battle fromm the beginning.
And watch, he'll probably reach a FF within three years at his next job.
cat77

Post by cat77 »

In regards to Trier I find the timing of his re-suspension very odd. Thursday they suspend him then the following day the proverbial shit hits the fan. Something
doesn't smell right.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

That ABOR statement is sort of a big nothing burger.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Heading to the stadium now...
prh

Post by prh »

That $10m for-cause buyout really helps us, there can't be a single person in the AD thinking they should fire him. Massive sunk cost. And we all know how much trouble we had getting football money. Zero chance we fire him unless we are 100% backed into a corner.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Heading to the stadium now...
Keep us informed CST, we can't trust anyone anymore!

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cats101

Post by cats101 »

azgreg wrote:
Based on what they did to Kevin Love and his family, I expect this to be a nasty environment
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Look, Miller has maintained that he is innocent here. It doesn't make any sense at all why he would continually lie publicly about this. Even if you're questioning how smart the guy is today, I simply can't believe that he would be so stupid and reckless to keep lying. Which in my mind, at least right now, means he is not lying.

I'm trying to envision a way that Miller stays our coach. If there is no wrongdoing here, that's the first step. Beyond that, they'd just be tasked with a massive PR job. It would take months (years?) to repair the damage that ESPN just inflicted the past couple days. Not impossible, though.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oh yeah and Oregon has room to talk. Fuck them
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
prh

Post by prh »

cats101 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Based on what they did to Kevin Love and his family, I expect this to be a nasty environment
It's Oregon, it's always a nasty environment. Autzen is the only venue I've ever felt in physical danger. Although honestly, they don't really get too excited at basketball games.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

AZCentral Article on UA's options

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 370099002/" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

A lot has happened since that article. lol.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Pasch and Walton tonight, gonna be EPIC!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Unless Miller is fully cleared of what was allegedly on the wiretaps, his college coaching career is over.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

pc in NM wrote:Unless Miller is fully cleared of what was allegedly on the wiretaps, his college coaching career is over.
Miller has said publicly that he's done nothing wrong. So either these "wiretaps" are a bunch of bullshit (or simply circumstantial and not admissible in court) or Miller's a borderline sociopath. Which is more likely?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

If Miller is found to have done nothing, I see him wanting to continue to coach to shove it up everyone's a$$ who said he should be fired.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote:
Unless Miller is fully cleared of what was allegedly on the wiretaps, his college coaching career is over.
:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So many people watching this movie predicting who the killer is in the first 15 minutes of the film....
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
TheBuffet

Post by TheBuffet »

Irish27 wrote:If Miller is found to have done nothing, I see him wanting to continue to coach to shove it up everyone's a$$ who said he should be fired.
And sue the living snot out of ESPN and Dickie V.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If he's fully and publicly vindicated, I can imagine Miller getting a heroes welcome in Tucson. That's a big IF. But the whole story could take awhile to unfold. If Miller steps away, that's almost an admission of guilt. If he's truly innocent, I don't know why he'd even consider backing down.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I'm guessing if Miller is this adamant he must be claiming he never even spoke to Dawkins over the phone, knowing there could be a recording out there and it's not he said - he said.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I want Thunderdome.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

This smells like Miller has some real enemies in the business, a hit, smear job, using ESPN to deflect from the Yahoo! report, trying to ruin a career. Dark forces at play
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Bosy Billups wrote:This smells like Miller has some real enemies in the business, a hit, smear job, using ESPN to deflect from the Yahoo! report, trying to ruin a career. Dark forces at play
Ayton not playing like a guilty man. Miller not acting like one.

Miller needs to coach and we need to win the whole damn thing.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Hank of sb wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:Yes Hank, but I don't get pleasure out seeing a man's career destroyed to save a freaking malignant disgusting criminal enterprise ran for profit under the facade of amateurism.

Sean Millers career has been irrevocably harmed and he is being singled out. You're hatred for the man blinds you to an objective evaluation of a sporting full spectrum dominance criminal enterprise that is literally a racket of lies and fraud from top to bottom. Stunningly millions of people are fully in support of maintaining this abject fraud.

By association the UofA BB program has been crushed and is about to enter the dark-age for a few years, or maybe longer. So now the gleeful asshat conference coaches and AD's who have longed to bring Arizona BB to its knees can rejoice. They got their wish.

Now the conference can become a complete BB shit-hole and afterthought with NIT aspirations from now on for as far as the eye can see.

I would be very surprised if Sean is coaching here next year, however that unfolds.
Except for "getting pleasure out of seeing a man's career destroyed" and "my HATRED for the man" I couldn't agree with your statement more.

But just for YOU Gladiator: My focus, with every post, has entirely been on what is best/or pragmatic/or most helpful to the University's well being, whether that concerns Basketball (mostly) or the University's reputation overall.

And I consistently have kept this (the above) in mind whether Lute was our coach, KO was the coach, Russ Pennell or regarding what's going on today.

So feel free to tell your friends who "I hate" but don't make up your shit with me.....as you think you know what I'm thinking......and my intent.
I honestly do not know why a self-professed UCLA apologist and fan, who has felt that way dating back to the days of Lute, is even spending time on this board. Or why anyone should listen to him.

Spend your time marveling at how Steve "The Wizard" Alford convinced Lavar Ball to play his ball in Westwood for a 1 semester education and no $.

PS - Still waiting for you to comment on the photo of the play where Dusan drained a 3 vs Utah when you said Anton did not have a clear lane to the hoop with his man pinned. What do you use your mouth for, since
You talk out your ass?
tucsonsean

Post by tucsonsean »

It has probably been said before. I don't lurk or participate like I used to.

What if Miller is involved in the FBI investigation? He may not be able to say anything right now. That's my best guess amongst all this, especially Miller's "vindication" statement. He may not be ABLE to say anything right now as the FBI continues its investigation and he plays whatever role he is playing in it.

Something just doesn't add up to me in all this. My "crazy" speculation is maybe Miller was asked by the FBI to play a role if Dawkins called him. So the wiretaps? Sure they have him saying something. What Dawkins attorney does not know is that Miller was playing state's witness.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

tucsonsean wrote:It has probably been said before. I don't lurk or participate like I used to.

What if Miller is involved in the FBI investigation? He may not be able to say anything right now. That's my best guess amongst all this, especially Miller's "vindication" statement. He may not be ABLE to say anything right now as the FBI continues its investigation and he plays whatever role he is playing in it.

Something just doesn't add up to me in all this. My "crazy" speculation is maybe Miller was asked by the FBI to play a role if Dawkins called him. So the wiretaps? Sure they have him saying something. What Dawkins attorney does not know is that Miller was playing state's witness.
It would support 97Cats original assertion last year that Miller had gotten ahead of this (or something along those liens)... but he has not suggested anything since that supports that narrative.

There is no doubt that Strange Things are afoot at the Circle K....
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
tucsonsean

Post by tucsonsean »

Harvey Specter wrote:
tucsonsean wrote:It has probably been said before. I don't lurk or participate like I used to.

It wouldn't support 97Cats original assertion last year that Miller had gotten ahead of this (or something along those liens)... but he has not suggestied anything since that supports that narrative.

Is getting ahead of it in line with working with the FBI? Suppose Miller gets asked to say certain things or "go along" with Dawkins when he calls. Seems to me Miller's "ill be vindicated in the end" comment would support his current state of the FBI saying you can't say shit about an ongoing investigation you were involved in.... Maybe I am reaching but I certainly feel like reaching for whatever reason...
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

dovecanyoncat wrote:I want Thunderdome.

haha hell yea. I want it too. The best end to all this would be Miller is vindicated and ESPN gets shit all over. Prob won't happen. But were all wildcats, and bias and you ride and die. I'm riding. Please baby Jesus let Miller be vindicated.
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

Yeah well if this is found to be untrue and a bullshit story made up by a lawyer then ESPN will be sued and have to file for bankruptcy and Bilas and Vitale will have to get a new job with CBS. If Arizona goes down in flames then so does ESPN. Show me the facts and wire tap conversations or STFU!
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Why can't we just have nice things?

For real, if CSM is so stupid as to speak with an agent's bag man directly about money over an open line then he's not smart enough to be a head coach at a major program.

What if, just maybe, he was the one with a wire on his phone? I suppose it depends on the timing but it would explain a lot:

1) Why was Book charged and Miller hasn't been for a seemingly more egregious transgression.
2) Why Ayton was able to play and his family strenuously denies that they received any money. Also, one would think he'd have been on the Yahoo list for that kind of $$$.
3) Miller claiming he will be "vindicated" rather than slinking off into the night.
4) Not sure what they know or don't know, but it's been a pretty measured response so far from U of A. Most coaches wouldn't have survived the weekend.

Probably wishful thinking but this just doesn't add up yet.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Does anybody know how good ESPN is with editorial management? How much are they in the business of maintaining journalistic standards when approving of sources? I ask because they are obviously a cable TV sports network. Why did the leaker of this information go to ESPN, and not the Washington Post, for example?
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

tucsonsean wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

It wouldn't support 97Cats original assertion last year that Miller had gotten ahead of this (or something along those liens)... but he has not suggestied anything since that supports that narrative.

Is getting ahead of it in line with working with the FBI? Suppose Miller gets asked to say certain things or "go along" with Dawkins when he calls. Seems to me Miller's "ill be vindicated in the end" comment would support his current state of the FBI saying you can't say shit about an ongoing investigation you were involved in.... Maybe I am reaching but I certainly feel like reaching for whatever reason...
I don't think you're reaching. Dawkins got stung.