Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

YoDeFoe

Re: Sean Miller

Post by YoDeFoe »

btfd16 wrote:
cats101 wrote:How about the bomb he dropped around 3:30...about the player that ended up elsewhere....
I think Hansen was half right it was Bowen
I could see that of course. Or Quinerly.
Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

You know what might be fun at halftime....
Bring Hansen out to center court... then tar and feather him.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I’m so fucking happy

Before all this I liked Miller but would be honest and say I didn’t love him like a loved Lute

Now I do

#allin

Let’s win the whole fucking thing
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

If I ever wanted to go to a game, it would be tonight... DAMN
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I completely forgot about my hunger through all this... and I don't even care.
cpt

Post by cpt »

Just wondering...do you think the University or ABOR offered Miller a deal: we will stand by you if you sign an affidavit saying your version of events is true and that if proven untrue, you will forfeit any compensation due? If so, that would be a very powerful statement of Miller's innocence.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Bosy Billups wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:Also, ESPN is standing by this reporting:

Someone told our reporter something.

Sure, that could be true. Now is it good journalism to print salacious and career ending allegations without evidence or confirmation? No - it's fucking not.
They aint in the game for good journalism, they are in for "reputation-making stories" for reporters, and eyeballs, add revenue, etc.

YOU MSM FAKE NEWS DENIERS, where art thou? This is how it works! Destroy a man with little recourse. Fuck
lol.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
cats101 wrote:How about the bomb he dropped around 3:30...about the player that ended up elsewhere....
I think it has to be Bowen. Miller said the player did not attend Arizona. In that carefully worded a statement, there's no way he would say that about someone who was not in college yet.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
I think it has to be Bowen. Miller said the player did not attend Arizona. In that carefully worded a statement, there's no way he would say that about someone who was not in college yet.
Agreed.

Do we all remember the rumor(?) that Miller knew about the FBI investigation? Imagine he conversed with Dawkins, knew not to step into the trap, and told Dawkins only to speak with him... then Dawkins goes and recruits Book and Pasternack behind Miller's back and that's why Book got got.
Last edited by YoDeFoe on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpt

Post by cpt »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

Sure, that could be true. Now is it good journalism to print salacious and career ending allegations without evidence or confirmation? No - it's fucking not.
They aint in the game for good journalism, they are in for "reputation-making stories" for reporters, and eyeballs, add revenue, etc.

YOU MSM FAKE NEWS DENIERS, where art thou? This is how it works! Destroy a man with little recourse. Fuck
lol.
What we learned is ESPN is a far cry from The New York Times, Washington Post and, hell, even Yahoo.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

cpt wrote:Just wondering...do you think the University or ABOR offered Miller a deal: we will stand by you if you sign an affidavit saying your version of events is true and that if proven untrue, you will forfeit any compensation due? If so, that would be a very powerful statement of Miller's innocence.
We may know later this afternoon if, after executive session, ABOR goes into open meeting to ratify changes to his contract.
520in480

Post by 520in480 »

The old rope-a-dope!

Let ESPN, Vitale, Bilas, etc. pummel you for five days and then ...

BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

I hope he was telling the truth. Those were some strong words "never have, never will..." . I'd hate to see a disgruntled former player come out and say something
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Miller saying he also never met Dawkins until after Deandre signed is another bomb dropped. The fact that ESPN went back and changed their date by a year to "match" the timeline makes me even more pissed. I've gotten so much shit over this the past few days from friends of other schools and non-UofA fans. I've stayed rather quiet because I wanted facts but I want ESPN taken down. They are a monster machine but fuck it, I hope we fight them head on now.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:I hope he was telling the truth. Those were some strong words "never have, never will..." . I'd hate to see a disgruntled former player come out and say something
We pay players. No secret. But I think he can deny that he does. It's boosters and after they get on campus is what I have inferred
atlantakat

Post by atlantakat »

btfd16 wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:I hope he was telling the truth. Those were some strong words "never have, never will..." . I'd hate to see a disgruntled former player come out and say something
We pay players. No secret. But I think he can deny that he does. It's boosters and after they get on campus is what I have inferred
Can we enjoy a few days without folks posting crap like this?
tucsonsean

Post by tucsonsean »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:ESPN stands by its reporting on Miller and the FBI investigation.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ng-recruit :oops: :roll:
By saying that all ESPN is saying is "we stand by our report that this source told Schlabach that the wiretap said this". What ESPN fails to acknowledge is whether it was true - the only TRUTH here is that some dude told ESPN this, not that it was true what the source said. What they fail to acknowledge is publication of this was tantamount to ESPN saying it was truth.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Nothing about him staying beyond this season. The man has been through the ringer. I hope he feels the love tonight at McKale.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

atlantakat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
Santa is real!!!
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

Fuuuuuuuuckkkkk yeaaaaaa! Got out of class, checked the headlines and video walking down a hallway, started jumping uncontrollably. So stoked
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

atlantakat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
why? don't like the truth?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

atlantakat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
Don't be naive
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

When Miller *especially* thanked Dr. Robbins for his support, he neglected to mention Heeke. Odd?
Last edited by MrMeow on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

http://www.espn.com/espn/corrections" target="_blank
ESPN reporting
March 1, 2018 1:39 PM
Additional reporting confirmed that ESPN was correct in a Feb. 24 SportsCenter video talk back which stated that Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, spoke in 2017. A correction of that report, issued Feb. 25, misstated that the conversation in question took place in 2016. ESPN stands by the reporting of the story on SportsCenter and ESPN digital media.
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Third time's the charm?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

:lol:
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

atlantakat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
Sorry, I am ready to run through a brick wall I was just responding as to why Miller probably said that HE never has and never will.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Longhorned wrote:
Beefcurtainsandwich wrote:ESPN standing by their report...
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ng-recruit" target="_blank
"ESPN stands by its reporting on Miller and the FBI investigation" = "It's not our fault. It's our sources' fault."
They will defend by saying "well...Miller IS on tape discussing payment of a player with Dawkins. So he didn't do it and said "don't talk with Book...talk with me" when Dawkins asked if he should deal with indicted coach Emmanuel "Book Rhymes with Look" Richardon"

Does it work? I dunno
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

TatetheGreat wrote:Third time's the charm?
Save ALL the screenshots, but it doesn't matter.

There are other gross inaccuracies in the story, and the responses to them by ESPN will bury Bristol, even if they want to commit technicalities about the wiretap timeline.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Question. Is it too early to start drinking?

Asking for a friend....

Thanks!
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

but is he coaching tonight?
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

It’d better be CSM saying “this, is Arizona” tonight.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

YoDeFoe wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:What’s happening can’t watch
Miller flat out denying any wrong doing. Called ESPN report defamatory and harmful. Respect for on-going investigation and won't share further details.

Sounds like Dawkins spoke with Miller about paying a player and Miller says he rejected that offer but won't go further.

HE'S FUCKING BACK
nah, I think the CBS guys got it right when they said Dawkins probably approached Miller about trying to get Ayton to go with sign with their agency
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SunnyAZ wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
Miller flat out denying any wrong doing. Called ESPN report defamatory and harmful. Respect for on-going investigation and won't share further details.

Sounds like Dawkins spoke with Miller about paying a player and Miller says he rejected that offer but won't go further.

HE'S FUCKING BACK
nah, I think the CBS guys got it right when they said Dawkins probably approached Miller about trying to get Ayton to go with sign with their agency
I don't think that's correct. Miller was pretty specific the offer was for a player who did not enroll at Arizona.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
SunnyAZ wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:

HE'S FUCKING BACK
I don't think that's correct. Miller was pretty specific the offer was for a player who did not enroll at Arizona.
he was talking about in general, not with Dawkins. Why would Dawkins care if a player came to UA? His job is to get players to sign with their agency.

The ESPN report is probably mostly right, good thing for us they made themselves look foolish in the process. Most likely Dawkins talked to Miller about persuading Ayton to sign with them, with the 100K going to Miller to do it. The initial report never said anything about the transaction going through, only that there was a discussion. Miller most likely shut it down hence why there was no mention of it in Dawkins' expense report that Yahoo leaked earlier.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

We don't know how much of the ESPN report is accurate. Without the taps, under federal seal, or verification of one dubious source, you just are left with gossip.

So that network has done zilch to merit any benefit of doubt on the Miller story to date.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

catgrad97 wrote:We don't know how much of the ESPN report is accurate. And that network has done zilch to merit any benefit of doubt on the Miller story to date.
Miller did mention he talked to Dawkins in the press conference. I doubt he talked to him about how his day was going.
Last edited by SunnyAZ on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

billk78 wrote:I expect McHale to probably be the loudest it's ever been for tonight's game.
oooooof

ya just took my tickets down, Im going now! StubHub had $35 tickets and they went to $130 immediately

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ESPN radio guys are pretty defiant today. They feel offended by Miller's statement today. ESPN's ill will for AZ knows no bounds.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Gottlieb said he believes him

Miller entering McKale tonight

Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

Beachcat97 wrote:ESPN radio guys are pretty defiant today. They feel offended by Miller's statement today. ESPN's ill will for AZ knows no bounds.
They can all suck my puckerhole
ezinaz

Post by ezinaz »

SI piles on ESPN:

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... spn-report" target="_blank
By MICHAEL MCCANN March 01, 2018

As Arizona coach Sean Miller forcibly professed his innocence on Thursday in a statement that affirmed his status with the team, a source familiar with the college hoops corruption investigation confirmed with SI that the details of a wiretapped phone call involving Miller were inaccurately reported in a story by ESPN that said Miller “discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats.

According to the source, relevant FBI wiretaps in the investigation did not begin until 2017—months after five-star recruit Deandre Ayton had already committed to Arizona in Sept. 2016. This account is consistent with reporting by Evan Daniels of 247Sports. The recruitment of Ayton, therefore, would have not been at issue in an intercepted phone call that occurred in 2017. To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.

This account depicts Miller as complying with both the law and NCAA recruiting rules. The same holds true of Ayton, whose compliance with NCAA rules would ensure that he remains eligible to play for the final month of his freshman year.

For his part, Miller made clear on Thursday that he will fight the allegations. In a press conference held at the university, Miller stressed that he had “never paid a recruit or a prospect” and would never do so. He also asserted that he and Ayton have suffered “defamation” by the manner in which the media has reported the allegations. The possibility of Miller and Ayton filing defamation lawsuits is examined more closely below.
Last edited by ezinaz on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Wow, very very happy to see coach Miller is back. This is about as good an outcome as could be expected.

ESPN is utterly and completely dead to me. Their scumbag sackless commentators will never regain an ounce of respect in my eyes and by the way........karma's a bitch.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

cpt wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

lol.
What we learned is ESPN is a far cry from The New York Times, Washington Post and, hell, even Yahoo.
Plus...it stands out because MSM does not make these kind of mistakes often.

Same cannot be said about web -only outlets that cater to one side or the other.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SunnyAZ wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
SunnyAZ wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:

HE'S FUCKING BACK
he was talking about in general, not with Dawkins. Why would Dawkins care if a player came to UA? His job is to get players to sign with their agency.

The ESPN report is probably mostly right, good thing for us they made themselves look foolish in the process. Most likely Dawkins talked to Miller about persuading Ayton to sign with them, with the 100K going to Miller to do it. The initial report never said anything about the transaction going through, only that there was a discussion. Miller most likely shut it down hence why there was no mention of it in Dawkins' expense report that Yahoo leaked earlier.
Here's the direct quote:

"I also want you to know that the one time someone suggested to me paying a player to come to the University of Arizona I did not agree to it. It never happened and that player did not come to the University of Arizona. Out of respect for this ongoing investigation and the privacy of the student-athlete and his family, I'm not going to share further details concerning this matter."

Assuming ESPN didn't completely fabricate their story and Miller's comment is a response, this has to be a reference about what does exist on a wire. He acknowledged knowing Dawkins, so it's a fair assumption the wire is with Dawkins. Given that Dawkins was involved in the 100k negotiations with Dawkins...I feel pretty confident that Miller pretty much laid out a Dawkins discussion that it would be 100k for Bowen.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I will only watch ESPN from now on if there is an Arizona game being played.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

This is March
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

I can see how this DEFINITELY keeps Miller in Tucson.

Wow '97, what a turn of events.

Thoughts?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

ezinaz wrote:SI piles on ESPN:

As Arizona coach Sean Miller forcibly professed his innocence on Thursday in a statement that affirmed his status with the team, a source familiar with the college hoops corruption investigation confirmed with SI that the details of a wiretapped phone call involving Miller were inaccurately reported in a story by ESPN that said Miller “discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats.

According to the source, relevant FBI wiretaps in the investigation did not begin until 2017—months after five-star recruit Deandre Ayton had already committed to Arizona in Sept. 2016. This account is consistent with reporting by Evan Daniels of 247Sports. The recruitment of Ayton, therefore, would have not been at issue in an intercepted phone call that occurred in 2017. To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.

This account depicts Miller as complying with both the law and NCAA recruiting rules. The same holds true of Ayton, whose compliance with NCAA rules would ensure that he remains eligible to play for the final month of his freshman year.

For his part, Miller made clear on Thursday that he will fight the allegations. In a press conference held at the university, Miller stressed that he had “never paid a recruit or a prospect” and would never do so. He also asserted that he and Ayton have suffered “defamation” by the manner in which the media has reported the allegations. The possibility of Miller and Ayton filing defamation lawsuits is examined more closely below.
Hahahaha
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

ezinaz wrote:SI piles on ESPN:

Someone responded to their tweet with this gif and I laughed too hard not to share.