Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
NYCat wrote:
NYCat wrote:Mark schlabach came out of his bunker and was on sports center saying he stands by his reporting
What he said

“Based on my conversations this weekend, I have no reason to believe anything in that story is inaccurate. The telephone conversation recorded by wiretaps remains under federal seal. If and when that seal is removed, we’ll find out.”
What that means:

My source told me something. I accurately conveyed what my source told me. I think he/she is a good fellow. Whether it is actually what's in the wiretaps...is not the question at hand.
100. Worthless "standing by our reporting" since their reporting is only "we heard something and reported it."
It's the first step in shifting blame to someone outside himself. If the wiretap does come out and it's Miller's version, next step is being surprised a trusted source got it wrong and regretting any confusion the source caused.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

SunnyAZ wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
The agents are trying to buy access to a pipeline of players, not an individual player. If they could get access to Arizona players via the single $100k payment, that's better than paying one player $100k.

It's like... my wife is a mortgage loan officer but she doesn't wine and dine people looking to buy homes. She wines and dines the best realtors in the market, because that money pays for a pipeline and not a single one time deal.
I get the pipeline thing but just in the way that you know a coach is willing to partake. Not that a 100K is gonna make a coach send every NBA prospect their way every year. I would imagine for every one they want they would have to send money each individual time.

So I think it would still make more sense to go directly to the player/family.

"I'll give you $100K to have your freshman year if you sign with us". That seems like a way more effective strategy. Plus since the player would only be there a couple of months I think they would care less about breaking college rules than a coach would. You also would have more accountability on the other side. The coach could say he tried to influence the player but it just didn't work out, even if he had no intention to.

My feelng is that a player has a lot of agent/runners coming at them. When a coach who has been coaching them and recruiting them for years offers to help them with those decisions it is a big relief to the kid.
I believe that was what the FBI said was going on at Alabama.

I also suspect that the kids who have grown up without a father around are more susceptible to these runners and are more likely to turn to a trusted coach for help.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I know people hate him, but this video breaks down the law well.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

To find out if ESPN really stands by their report:

Q: Knowing what everyone knows now, all sides, all sources, everything, would ESPN publish this story today if it wasn't published last Friday?

A: 100% NO WAY IN HELL.

Regardless if they are saving face now for ulikely legal reasons, they stay far away from it.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Russ Smith Russ Smithing still.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/ ... st-3662706" target="_blank

"1 minute ago I went to the ESPN site and found the story, dated 2/25, that clear as day says the player involved is DeAndre Ayton. His name is mentioned repeatedly in the story. It has additional stuff added at the end about Rovell's take on the contract, which has been rebutted by Arizona media, and yet was apparently revised today when they decided NOT to fire Miller.

They did change the timeline, as mentioned above, they've now changed it back to 2017, they did not change from Ayton to unnamed 5 star recruit. That came from one of those crawls at the bottom of the screen.

Forgot to add if you read the story now the title says to "lock in" Ayton at Arizona, which could mean they're now claiming Miller talked to Ayton because they were afraid he was going to leave like Ferguson did. "
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Not a lot of tickets left on stubhub(only 6) and definitely going for a premium.

The place will be rocking tonight.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Wow. I leave for several hours and come back to another planet. Tonight at McKale: the Witching hour.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ESPN radio still sticking with the narrative that Miller is lying and has nothing to lose by coming back. Not even questioning the fact that they have not named their source, nor have they heard the tapes or seen transcripts.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAdevil wrote:Russ Smith Russ Smithing still.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/ ... st-3662706" target="_blank

"1 minute ago I went to the ESPN site and found the story, dated 2/25, that clear as day says the player involved is DeAndre Ayton. His name is mentioned repeatedly in the story. It has additional stuff added at the end about Rovell's take on the contract, which has been rebutted by Arizona media, and yet was apparently revised today when they decided NOT to fire Miller.

They did change the timeline, as mentioned above, they've now changed it back to 2017, they did not change from Ayton to unnamed 5 star recruit. That came from one of those crawls at the bottom of the screen.

Forgot to add if you read the story now the title says to "lock in" Ayton at Arizona, which could mean they're now claiming Miller talked to Ayton because they were afraid he was going to leave like Ferguson did. "
This is the usual Russ Smith supposition and stupidity. If the 24/7 timeline on the wire is right, Ayton was on campus by that time.

Also, it begs the question of why Miller would have been very direct about the only offer being a player who committed elsewhere. The wire won't be sealed forever, and when it comes out, the player is the easiest part.

Also, there is a large amount of circumstantial evidence it's Bowen.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Did I miss anything today? Did Miller depart in shackles and belly chains?
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Disappointed I couldn’t cross the finish line with you all today. For some reason, this site is banned at the cancer center. Had labs, oncologist visit, and chemo today but I did follow Twitter and saw the presser. All great news, and my numbers are also top shelf!!! 6 years beating this garbage back.

#FreeZo
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Disappointed I couldn’t cross the finish line with you all today. For some reason, this site is banned at the cancer center. Had labs, oncologist visit, and chemo today but I did follow Twitter and saw the presser. All great news, and my numbers are also top shelf!!! 6 years beating this garbage back.

#FreeZo
CONGRATS
Captain Obvious

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Disappointed I couldn’t cross the finish line with you all today. For some reason, this site is banned at the cancer center. Had labs, oncologist visit, and chemo today but I did follow Twitter and saw the presser. All great news, and my numbers are also top shelf!!! 6 years beating this garbage back.

#FreeZo
That's fantastic! Thanks for the great posts this week. Made a difficult week a lot easier.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

ESPN stands by its story, but they acknowledge the dates are wrong, it's purely hearsay, they got the player wrong, but other than that, a solid report!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

#FreeZo
The Miller news is good, you kicking cancers ass is great!
Captain Obvious

TheGreatCatsby wrote:ESPN stands by its story, but they acknowledge the dates are wrong, it's purely hearsay, they got the player wrong, but other than that, a solid report!
Was listening to BSpn radio on the way home and basically they were saying Miller got off lucky today and the real truth hasn't emerged yet. The whole it's just a matter of time crap ad nauseum.
Last edited by Captain Obvious on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Fuck cancer love BTD kicking its ass.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

#FreeZo
Kick cancers ass!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

#FreeZo
#Free BibbysTowelDude

Now that's amazing. Thanks for telling us, BTD. Crush it. Bear Down.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

#FreeZo
Great news man!
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

btfd16 wrote:
I can't wait to hear what their next correction will be.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ESPN is for simpletons
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ESPN (owned by, shock, Disney / ABC) is now FAKE NEWS.....too bad they still have the best website to follow scores or else I’d never go there again....still trying to wean myself off of it.

In Miller I trust...always have, always will. Journalism and considered innocent until proven guilty is dead in this day. RIP Journalistic Integrity and the Civil Right of Innocence. Smh.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I deleted splitsecond's post.

you can keep that to the politics board. it's a bit too far for here.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

prh

Post by prh »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:ESPN (owned by, shock, Disney / ABC) is now FAKE NEWS.....too bad they still have the best website to follow scores or else I’d never go there again....still trying to wean myself off of it.

In Miller I trust...always have, always will. Journalism and considered innocent until proven guilty is dead in this day. RIP Journalistic Integrity and the Civil Right of Innocence. Smh.
Just force yourself to use Fox Sports or CBS. Or even Yahoo. It will take getting used to but everything on ESPN is replaceable (unless your long time fantasy leagues are there)
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

What an unbelievable day. First Miller and now Trier. Great day to be a Wildcat!!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Bosy. keep those comments to politics board
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

#FreeZo
Biggest win today and by far the best news. Bear down BTD
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

prh wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:ESPN (owned by, shock, Disney / ABC) is now FAKE NEWS.....too bad they still have the best website to follow scores or else I’d never go there again....still trying to wean myself off of it.

Just force yourself to use Fox Sports or CBS. Or even Yahoo. It will take getting used to but everything on ESPN is replaceable (unless your long time fantasy leagues are there)
I promise I will!
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

NYCat wrote:
CatHoops wrote:Hope everyone is ready for the double fuck you to the basketball world.
You'll be a legend if you're right
Legend status!!!!!!!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

#FreeZo
Here's to many more years in the fight. It's a marathon. Way to battle!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

ezinaz wrote:Hello, I'm from the future.

Sean Miller stays with the team and the Cats win the Natty. Book it.
February 27th, 2018, 5:29 pm ET
Captcarnage

Post by Captcarnage »

I don’t post here much but want to express my thanks to everyone for your insights. I actually feel sorry for Stanford tonight who is about to take the first salvo of our anger. The world is about to witness the most rabid fans on earth coupled with a coach that doesn’t take being dissed very lightly. Going to be a beat down!
Bear down!
2014-2015 RAP Football Champion
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Per 1290: TRIER IS BACK!
Bangkok Wildcat

EastCoastCat wrote:
NYCat wrote:
Fucking awesome.
Except for that dbag works for ESPN. Boycott ESPN!
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Thanks guys, nothing but love for you!

Zo is now free!

Things just got real real quick for college basketball!!!!!

-PATRIOTIC BONER-
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

#FreeZo
God bless man. Bear down on cancer too.
Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

#FreeZo
Good luck BTD.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Fired the f up

::::mod edit::::

I copied your images over to imgur rgdeuce, as the dropbox links weren't working and those pics are too good not to share :)
atlantakat

Post by atlantakat »

#FreeZo
This is not the finish line. Not today. Not tonight. Not yet.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I'm starting to think it was probably Ace that leaked the bad info, because he always doubled down on his mistakes and then started attacking anyone who reminded him...this is why Schlabach is sticking with the source because the source is so adamant and will never admit a mistake...

Besides Ace had motive, connection and probably visitation time where Mark could go see him and ask him again...we should find out what prison Mark visited because THOSE phone records are definitely recorded and might even be available.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I'm starting to think it was probably Ace that leaked the bad info, because he always doubled down on his mistakes and then started attacking anyone who reminded him...this is why Schlabach is sticking with the source because the source is so adamant and will never admit a mistake...

Besides Ace had motive, connection and probably visitation time where Mark could go see him and ask him again...we should find out what prison Mark visited because THOSE phone records are definitely recorded and might even be available.
Lol Ace, like pgu? Thought he was RIP? He's in jail?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

WTF
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Irish27 wrote:WTF
For us non-twitterers, why is the rest of the soap opera playing out in a Chick Fil A that is closed for the night?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

#FreeZo

Awesome BTD! Was going to ask you how things were going - I remember you mentioning it over at TOS.

I was going to mention to the board that the UA medical facilities Wi-Fi block this site. Good thing I have unlimited data when I take my wife for her appointments!

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

Could McKale be issued a red tag violation tonight due to the noise that will be coming out of the building?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I just hope fans are 100% united behind Miller. This is a chance to show him what he means here.

Plus Zo. Lord knows he should get a 5 minute standing O for all the crap he's been through.
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

So I believe that 247 sports will now be the programs go to for access and stories. Nothing will be released to ADS or ESPN.