Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:I like how they called staf an “Arizona legend”

His meltdown in 2005 in the last 5 minutes of the Illini game is legendary!

Continually stepping on the baseline when not forced is legendary!

Saying that, he did have a pretty good senior season, his assists per game have yet to be equaled, and was still able to score in double figures.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

He was a pretty good point guard. He had his problems but he was better than people remember him being
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:He was a pretty good point guard. He had his problems but he was better than people remember him being
Staf's biggest problem was that he wasn't Chris Paul, who was the #1 ranked PG in his class, and Shakur wsa #2.

Just too high of expectations. Like I said earlier, his 6.9 APG as a senior has yet to be equaled. Scored 11.9 PPG too.

Jason Gardner's best APG was 4.9, PJC's 4.6.

All UA loved team TJ McConnell was closest at 6.3 APG to go along with 10.5 PPG.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I remember everyone melting down vs Illinois, if you call the game turning to football "melting down"...hard to dribble a ball when both of your arms are being held behind you.

Same thing happened to Channing on an inbound. Swallowing your whistle is one thing...but if ONE of those fouls get called, game is over. We earned that 15 point lead...that idea of swallowing the whistle down the stretch is ridiculous.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:It’s like we signed the Ayton of messageboard posters.
Just don’t ask what kind of extra benefits we had to fork over to get him to sign here.
Free premium?
Unlimited corned beef from SandwichGuy.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Those dragging Staf, wouldn't you rather have him as our starting pg right now?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

This team would be a FF favorite with Staf. Corkscrew shot and all.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EVCat wrote:I remember everyone melting down vs Illinois, if you call the game turning to football "melting down"...hard to dribble a ball when both of your arms are being held behind you.

Same thing happened to Channing on an inbound. Swallowing your whistle is one thing...but if ONE of those fouls get called, game is over. We earned that 15 point lead...that idea of swallowing the whistle down the stretch is ridiculous.

Channing was also hammered on the head one play with no call.

Still can't stand Bill Murray mugging for the cameras.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Staf’s senior year was terrific.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Merkin wrote:
EVCat wrote:I remember everyone melting down vs Illinois, if you call the game turning to football "melting down"...hard to dribble a ball when both of your arms are being held behind you.

Channing was also hammered on the head one play with no call.

Still can't stand Bill Murray mugging for the cameras.
And Xavier too.

Saw that asshole on an episode of bourdain the other night, had to change the channel.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

One reason the refs stopped calling those was simply home cooking: The game was in Rosemont. We can argue that Arizona earned their 15 point lead the hard way, but Illinois earned their home court advantage the hard way: by all those wins during the regular season. That home cooking would have been given to any team in America that was in the same situation, except for Arizona, which gets shafted at home as well as on the road.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Hey Dove, have you ever been to Chiang Mai? Cool place.
Sorry for the misspelling. Chiang Mai was a pivotal and foundational moment in my youth, if one is allowed to so define one's own youth. I have a friend there to this day, and friends who reside elsewhere whose meaning to me were founded there.
That’s very cool Dove, Vietnam War era?...I can’t believe I’ve really only done the town once right before I got married a long time ago....got to ride the elephants on those steep mountain trails....my badass Mom (RIP) insisted on riding her own bull elephant while taking pics of me and my fiancée on the other bull...only problem was our two elephants were getting irritable with each other and that was a pretty damned scary time...only had some small Thai Dude in between keeping them from fighting. Lol, 55.
Not Vietnam era. I'm a tail-end Boomer too young for that destiny. Chiang Mai was my late 20s. I had traveled a lot before but only to Central/South America and Western Europe; never further East than Rome and never into Asia. By virtue of fate far beyond what I deserved I lucked into full 3 months of group travel across Europe, Middle East, and Asia. Thailand came toward the end before Korea and China. Still have a buddy in Chiang Mai who digs basketball. Poor fucker has to witness my suffering.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CalStateTempe wrote: Saw that asshole on an episode of bourdain the other night, had to change the channel.
I.. I...

My Arizona love is strong. But there is no world in which I can quit Bill Murray.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Longhorned wrote:One reason the refs stopped calling those was simply home cooking: The game was in Rosemont. We can argue that Arizona earned their 15 point lead the hard way, but Illinois earned their home court advantage the hard way: by all those wins during the regular season. That home cooking would have been given to any team in America that was in the same situation, except for Arizona, which gets shafted at home as well as on the road.
Homecourt doesn't = WWE refs.

We should know as the West top seed/regionally true seed time and again.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

Illinois was trying to foul yet when no call was made, they just hammered away until they "stole" the ball. The most ridiculously called game I have ever seen.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Another epic gif Irish. Laughed my ass off
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

EVCat wrote:
I.. I...

My Arizona love is strong. But there is no world in which I can quit Bill Murray.
My EXACT sentiment
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:
EVCat wrote:
I.. I...

My EXACT sentiment
It took me a year or two to get to this point.
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

Pitt is now available. Cue the "Miller to Pitt" talk.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
I'd be ready to go all the way after that.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Here's the video of Trier stating that....its about the last 20 seconds of the clip: https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blo ... suspension
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:It’s like we signed the Ayton of messageboard posters.
Just don’t ask what kind of extra benefits we had to fork over to get him to sign here.
Well, those questions are best fielded by experts. By the way, what exactly is Condoleeza Rice doing with this committee?
The same thing she was doing on the CFP committee. She obviously has so much college sports knowledge that she is an expert.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Rice hasn't been relevant since Chapelle ethered her on the "Black White Supremacist" skit.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

With the success the Cats are having in the Pac-12 tournament, does anyone know if any above average recruits are seriously considering the UofA for nest year?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

84Cat wrote:
To whom are they reacting/acknowledging?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
Mark Schlabach wrote:Christian Dawkins.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
I think it was Magic.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Longhorn you sly devil
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
I heard an interesting rumor that I have been unable to confirm that Schlabachs absence is actually due to the sexual harassment case going on at ESPN, he has been put on paid leave....
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Can't wait to see the reaction from our fans when Miller hoists the trophy and cuts the Nets down
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Alieberman wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:What's the story on Miller V. ESPN/Slabach/Hansen defamation lawsuit? what's the holdup?
It’s gonna take a little time. Miller is about to do something he's never done before and swore he would never do.

He's implementing a zone lawsuit
Miller's going to sue ESPN to remove the "N" from their name.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So big buzz here at the arena about Miller being asked by the pac network if he will be back next year and he dodges the question. Anyone see that?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:So big buzz here at the arena about Miller being asked by the pac network if he will be back next year and he dodges the question. Anyone see that?
first i've heard about it
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

prh

Post by prh »

azcat49 wrote:So big buzz here at the arena about Miller being asked by the pac network if he will be back next year and he dodges the question. Anyone see that?
Haven't heard/seen that but "no comment" is the only thing he can and/or should say.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
first i've heard about it
Sounds like vintage CSM to me....keep focus on the task at hand...the P12 ship!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Hard to imagine Miller leaving. The love he got from fans when he returned to home court. The love he got from fans in vegas. The way the fans rained down boos on Scott when scott was on the dais with Miller......where the hell else you gonna get that?

Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
I heard an interesting rumor that I have been unable to confirm that Schlabachs absence is actually due to the sexual harassment case going on at ESPN, he has been put on paid leave....
That’s a fake story put out by the former PGU crew.

I’d say we should be above shit like that, but I know they aren’t.
prh

Post by prh »

Remember early in the year when we were saying that Duse and Deandre shouldn't be on the court together? But Sean inexplicably kept playing them together?

This is why none of us are getting paid for this :lol:
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Hard to imagine Miller leaving. The love he got from fans when he returned to home court. The love he got from fans in vegas. The way the fans rained down boos on Scott when scott was on the dais with Miller......where the hell else you gonna get that?
Nowhere, but remember, Lute left Iowa where he was adored, and after getting to the Final Four. So, ya never know.

Lute made his reasons clear in his book: he wanted to get back "out west", and the Iowa fans made privacy nearly impossible for him and Bobbi.

What would Miller's reason's be? I hope there aren't any. Considering the winning tradition and fan base, there aren't many gigs, if any, like Arizona.

From all reports, Dr. Robbins is a heck of a salesman. Bear down, Bobby!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I think Miller needs AZ as much as AZ needs Miller. If Miller does leave, I would have to believe its to take some time off from coaching.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Alieberman wrote:I think Miller needs AZ as much as AZ needs Miller. If Miller does leave, I would have to believe its to take some time off from coaching.
Yea that’s how I feel too. I have his back I hope he retires here somehow someway. Next week and beyond is huge!
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

prh wrote:Remember early in the year when we were saying that Duse and Deandre shouldn't be on the court together? But Sean inexplicably kept playing them together?

This is why none of us are getting paid for this :lol:
This. Also it’s interesting to see the divergent paths Coach K and Duke took from CSM and Arizona. Both top teams at beginning of the year and both not performing up to their standards on defense. Miller chose to stay with the man to man rather than cave because I believe he was coaching for March and not nesseccarily wins. He let the team continue to develop communication skills and continue learning the defense.

Coach K chased wins and went zone. He has the talent to play man and the talent to play a good zone with their length and size/athleticism. They had the offense to keep up with teams making the three because a zone will limit possessions in a game. But Duke spent half the season learning man to man then abandoned it and now the zone which is not as developed as it could have been.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Duke went zone very very early and K said they knew they’d be a zone team out of camp.

Also Duke is now top 10 in adj D as it stands. They are going to be a tougher out than most i expect.

I’d still love to see them as the #2 in the west though even tho we won’t get any calls.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Does Romar taking the Pepperdine mean Miller is staying?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

seems like it'd make it more likely he's leaving
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:seems like it'd make it more likely he's leaving
My thought is if Miller is leaving wouldn't Romar be next in line?
prh

Post by prh »

No way Romar would take Pepperdine if he was about to become our HC