Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by dovecanyoncat »

MIAGFP
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:MIAGFP
"Missing in Action, Great Fucking Post" ?

Like, you enjoyed Chicat's response to Machina and regret you didn't see it earlier because your morning would have been better if you had?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:MIAGFP
"Missing in Action, Great Fucking Post" ?

Like, you enjoyed Chicat's response to Machina and regret you didn't see it earlier because your morning would have been better if you had?
Nope, but I like it. Imaginative.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

"3 year clock" just may be our reverse sevun. We sure as hell deserve one. & this is saying something but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever f'n heard. THREE YEAR CLOCK?! If he's found guilty of something the answer is easy. If he's not, then how in the hell are you - Machina - so sure of yourself in how long he should or shouldn't get from this point?? We are students, fans, and alumni & as well connected and/or knowledgeable about college basketball we are - not a one of us is remotely close to put a "clock" on how long Coach Miller should be employed.

Just when I think you've done the dumbest thing ever........you go & TOTALLY UNredeem yourself!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:"3 year clock" just may be our reverse sevun. We sure as hell deserve one. & this is saying something but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever f'n heard. THREE YEAR CLOCK?! If he's found guilty of something the answer is easy. If he's not, then how in the hell are you - Machina - so sure of yourself in how long he should or shouldn't get from this point?? We are students, fans, and alumni & as well connected and/or knowledgeable about college basketball we are - not a one of us is remotely close to put a "clock" on how long Coach Miller should be employed.

Just when I think you've done the dumbest thing ever........you go & TOTALLY UNredeem yourself!
He has been here 10 season already. I dont think 13 seasons to make a final four when you have the resources that Miller does is too much to ask for and to expect.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Alieberman wrote:Lately I can't help but feel that being a fan of University of Arizona sports is more of a chore than anything else.

(Yes Machina I'm still going to be a fan) But damnit...I just want to have fun!!!!!
I agree on this. Wish it was not the case but I agree

Just give me these recruits for next year and for Miller to be cleared. I just want to go back to the way things were in 2014. I am fine with making Elite 8's. Totally fine with it. I had purgatory where my fucking assholes friends from other schools text me the Yahoo Miller article with "Hey how much did U of A pay you to go there too buddy" or "Looks like titantic is sinking at U of A!"
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Glad it wasn't just me who was relieved there wasn't a game last Saturday.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:"3 year clock" just may be our reverse sevun. We sure as hell deserve one. & this is saying something but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever f'n heard. THREE YEAR CLOCK?! If he's found guilty of something the answer is easy. If he's not, then how in the hell are you - Machina - so sure of yourself in how long he should or shouldn't get from this point?? We are students, fans, and alumni & as well connected and/or knowledgeable about college basketball we are - not a one of us is remotely close to put a "clock" on how long Coach Miller should be employed.

He has been here 10 season already. I dont think 13 seasons to make a final four when you have the resources that Miller does is too much to ask for and to expect.
Are people who make up malicious lies about Sean Miller allowed to ask for or expect anything from him?

Asking for a total ass...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

My UCLA coworker just sent me a yahoo article about the Dawkins trial and miller...is that what started today’s discussion? Is the take home, more of the same? Because I dismissed it like I dismiss most things come UCLA fans.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Merkin wrote:Glad it wasn't just me who was relieved there wasn't a game last Saturday.
Major deal fatigue this season. I literally have never done more things to avoid watching Arizona games. Watching half of the USC game in person was enough for me. I will be happy when this season is over and especially happy when we know the outcome of all this FBI/NCAA bullshit.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:My UCLA coworker just sent me a yahoo article about the Dawkins trial and miller...is that what started today’s discussion? Is the take home, more of the same? Because I dismissed it like I dismiss most things come UCLA fans.
The Yahoo article is a rehash of what we know and a lot of conjecture thrown at the wall. And yes, what spurred this discussion.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Help me out here. I'm not as educated as I should be. If Miller ends up resigning or is fired what will happen to our recruits that have already committed? Have all of them signed LOI's? Are they still able to de-commit? My fear is we could lose all or most of our recruits for next year if the shit hits the fan with the NCAA/FBI soap opera. I can't wait for it all to finally be over. I used to look forward so much to Arizona basketball. Now I'm almost scared to watch our games as it's become an arduous endeavor. I can't remember the last time we had a BB team that I knew couldn't win games before they happened.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Manion and Green signed LOI
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Mannion

he’s my favorite player in the world right now, I want to make sure we all spell his name correctly
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:My UCLA coworker just sent me a yahoo article about the Dawkins trial and miller...is that what started today’s discussion? Is the take home, more of the same? Because I dismissed it like I dismiss most things come UCLA fans.
The Yahoo article is a rehash of what we know and a lot of conjecture thrown at the wall. And yes, what spurred this discussion.
Thanks chi, I figured as much.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

"Manion" is fine when we're talking a cross between a man and an onion.

U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Do you think that pic was taken somewhere in the British isles?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

97cats wrote:Mannion

he’s my favorite player in the world right now, I want to make sure we all spell his name correctly
My bad. Was in a hurry for trivia.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Do you think that pic was taken somewhere in the British isles?
Looks like a shallot.
Longhorned wrote:"Manion" is fine when we're talking a cross between a man and an onion.

When it's hammer time we've got The Mallet?

~ Wilhoit's Law
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's the most British looking man I've seen in a while. Name has to be something like Nigel Horrocks.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Do you think that pic was taken somewhere in the British isles?
Looks like a shallot.
Longhorned wrote:"Manion" is fine when we're talking a cross between a man and an onion.

When it's hammer time we've got The Mallet?
Little known fact: The Guernsey Shallot has the largest penis in the vegetable world.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:That's the most British looking man I've seen in a while. Name has to be something like Nigel Horrocks.
Wilfred Bigsby.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

ASUHATER! wrote:That's the most British looking man I've seen in a while. Name has to be something like Nigel Horrocks.
Or Bertram Bollocks
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

and we he gets real lonely:

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

It's either Doug or Dinsdale Piranha

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:Real name: Peter Glazebrook

and we he gets real lonely:

I'm surprised a man with onions that big would be lonely.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

His wheelbarrow keeps his hands busy.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MC1983

Post by MC1983 »

Looks like yahoo is taking over for ESPN now. Pete Thamel is reporting a board meeting about Arizona basketball today or tomorrow. What is this 25 of those now?
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Hearing some troubling rumors out there about Miller not being our coach next year. Any one with connections have different info to help calm my nerves down. If we don't get Mannion and Green on campus next year this program is in big trouble...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lando05 wrote:Hearing some troubling rumors out there about Miller not being our coach next year. Any one with connections have different info to help calm my nerves down. If we don't get Mannion and Green on campus next year this program is in big trouble...
Whoa lando...what are you hearing? Can you share what you know or have heard? At least the gist?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

St what point do you just say “Miller we love you, it we only have some much brand equity and time” and just blow it up and get someone else before we sink any further into this?

I can’t take another “red shirt” season. Especially if recruit for next year goes to shit.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Lando05 wrote:Hearing some troubling rumors out there about Miller not being our coach next year. Any one with connections have different info to help calm my nerves down. If we don't get Mannion and Green on campus next year this program is in big trouble...
Whoa lando...what are you hearing? Can you share what you know or have heard? At least the gist?
I think he did just share the gist.

I would suggest everyone just unclench their sphincters.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
I think he did just share the gist.

I would suggest everyone just unclench their sphincters.
I'm fully clenched at this point.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:St what point do you just say “Miller we love you, it we only have some much brand equity and time” and just blow it up and get someone else before we sink any further into this?

I can’t take another “red shirt” season. Especially if recruit for next year goes to shit.
I was freaked out last year, now I largely don't care what happens. You see I almost never post in basketball threads anymore. I have maybe watched 15-20% of our games this year. I hope we keep Miller and he keeps succeeded and progressing to that elusive FF that I've never experienced.... but I don't worry about it anymore. Having a crazy stressful job and busy home life has removed most, if not all, of my sports fandom anxiety.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

All I know is that Miller may not have every one in his corner, but the people that matter (big donors) currently are.
Azgirl

Post by Azgirl »

C3, thanks that sentence gives me hope...
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
I hear there is a chance Miller does not survive this season... which means bye bye number 1 recruiting class and the best PG since Mike Bibby to come out of AZ... I am not feeling good about any of this.

But its bullshit there is way more incriminating evidence for KU, UNC, USC, and Lousiville but the dumbass national media is obsessed with U of A. I don't think it helps that our AD and AD department have done nothing but duck thier heads in the sand. U of A basketball is the lifeblood of our athletic program you do everything you can to protect that. Heeke hasn't done shit and neither has Robbins lately. There has been no proof or evidence presented that makes it justified to fire Miller at this point. If that's what they wanted to do cut bait with him last year so we can begin the rebuild immediately. If we self sanction and cut ties with Miller I say riot say goodbye to Heeke and Robbins they should have done that last year. Now it sets us back farther and makes us look weak since there was no proof presented to fire Miller. What top notch coach would trust our admin after that?
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

ChooChooCat wrote:All I know is that Miller may not have every one in his corner, but the people that matter (big donors) currently are.
Oh thank God I couldn't find out if they still have his back or not. That makes me feel better a little bit..
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If we were 18-4 right now NO ONE WOULD BE SAYING SHIT ABOUT MILLER NOT SURVIVING THIS SEASON.*

*I’m shouting for all the casuals in the cheap seats.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I'm in the dark on this one, but I'd certainly pay attention to what Scheer is saying. It does not sound good.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Shit, now Phelps. That can't be good
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Wasn't Phelps suspended last year for a financial thing with Pinder?

Here's the deal, in that instance we "self-censured" meaning the Athletic Dept. took matters into its own hands...if I am not mistaken the NCAA probably did not weigh in on the situation then...if the FBI has said it's ok to start investigating, this would be the first shoe to drop...IF the NCAA decided to look into our history and evidence of of infractions...they would start with our own self reported infractions and see if the punitive path was standard enough...

If Heek and Co want to toss Miller this COULD be a first step, or it might just be a way for them to create the appearance of cooperation with the NCAA...to early to tell and Jeff Goodman is a complete bullshit UA hater, always has been.

Name one good thing Goodman has ever said about Miller...I'll wait.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

So much smoke around Miller right now
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CatFanOneMil wrote:If Heek and Co want to toss Miller this COULD be a first step, or it might just be a way for them to create the appearance of cooperation with the NCAA...to early to tell and Jeff Goodman is a complete bullshit UA hater, always has been.

Name one good thing Goodman has ever said about Miller...I'll wait.
This is all true, but...
This really says it all. I don't think Scheer would be saying this if Miller wasn't close to be fired.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Heeke is a giant pussy.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:So much smoke around Miller right now
How hard is your dick?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Just burn it all down man...fml
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Could it not just be that Phelps did something wrong or that could appear wrong and the AD wants to get ahead of it to say, hey, we are trying to do the right thing, like we always do. We disciplined Phelps when there was enough evidence for us to take action, and we stood behind Miller when there was only a pile of bs.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.