Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Sean Miller

Post by PHXCATS »

Here is a question though. What does the NCAA do with Arizona as it relates to Phelps if they find no wrong doing? They wont punish Arizona for firing Phelps when Phelps did nothing wrong will they?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Justyce1 wrote:
I posted this last year as well,

So this is your sock account, and which account is your real account?

Because either you have another account where you "posted this last year" or you're a liar.

POM calling someone out for being a sock wraps up my existence on the message boards in such a nice, neat package.

Thank you.
the dude has 4 posts. not like it took much research to check his claim :lol:

::::Oh hell, I just noticed that Chi already did it too.

Welp, I'm slow this morning.
I see our new friend is going to pretend he didn’t notice our questions...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
sirhamsalot

Re: Dear AZ Basketball

Post by sirhamsalot »

And to think, our basketball program is being torn down from recruiting 2 guys who never made it on campus.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

And to think I bitched about pastners recruiting.

Which come to think of it is the level of coaching we are looking at...and I can’t beleive I’m going to say this next, might not be a bad stop gap hire to stem the bleeding.

Sure we’ll suck and he’s annoying AF, but it might win over enough fans to allow us to be back in the game in a few years.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Ten years after I first suggested him (after having seen him coach a sum total of 40 college basketball games) I’ll suggest him again: Tony Bennett
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:So how did O'Neal get into one of the most difficult schools to get accepted to, when he needed help getting into a degree mill like the UA?
ChooChooCat wrote:Here's a good article for you boys and girls to read.

https://247sports.com/college/arizona/A ... 128834165/" target="_blank

The head coach admitted that he failed his responsibilities to promote an atmosphere of compliance and monitor his staff.

Not sure how Miller is going to get out of that one.

Like Hansen said, Lute only fired one assistant in his entire UA career, and that was Roz his final season.
That Scheer article is really good. That's why I said the NCAA will find something.

This like if police found a dead body, and some person standing around runs over and confesses to murdering him. The NCAA doesn't even know if a crime occurred, but we damn sure helped them by confessing to it.
MC1983

Post by MC1983 »

CalStateTempe wrote:And to think I bitched about pastners recruiting.

Which come to think of it is the level of coaching we are looking at...and I can’t beleive I’m going to say this next, might not be a bad stop gap hire to stem the bleeding.

Sure we’ll suck and he’s annoying AF, but it might win over enough fans to allow us to be back in the game in a few years.

Hell to the No with Pastner IF Miller is done. That dude is not Arizona good. No gap filling
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Here's a good article for you boys and girls to read.

https://247sports.com/college/arizona/A ... 128834165/" target="_blank
well written and really points out how stupid our admins are.

just to quote the end of it:
You read that right. By not self-sanctioning or admitting to wrong doing, the only punishment UNC got was for not cooperating. The NCAA ruled exactly how most people thought it would not rule, but if Arizona was in that position it likely would have self-sanctioned.

Here's where people are at a crossroads: Arizona is either too stupid to realize that by firing Phelps it just put itself on probation and lost scholarships or it knows exactly what it is doing and is moving to push Miller out.

There's also the third option of Arizona being so naive that it believes it can somehow separate Mark Phelps from Sean Miller and move forward with Miller, which makes little sense to most except possibly Arizona.

There isn't a great feel for what Arizona is going to do next or if it even knows what it next move is. In fact, there's no good feel if it has any idea what it's doing throughout the process.

What we do know is that there will be ramifications for what Arizona decided to do before having all the facts or letting the NCAA finish its investigation and Arizona's actions likely did not help it with the NCAA, as shown with Northern Colorado, UNC, and Missouri recently.

COMMENTS
Arizona now has to prove that it knows what it is doing throughout this entire process because the national pressure will only increase moving forward.

The question is, does it know what it just did?
Heeke is so, so dumb.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

MC1983 wrote: Hell to the No with Pastner IF Miller is done. That dude is not Arizona good. No gap filling
Exactly who do you think would come coach at AZ that isn't a "gap filler" type of coach?

Assuming of course Heeke is moving to can Miller with this (i'll be kind and call it....premature) firing of Phelps
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

CalStateTempe wrote:And to think I bitched about pastners recruiting.

Yeah, not a huge Pastner fan, but he may be what the program needs. Connection to UA, would not be scared away by the potential sanctions. Weather the storm, and get the program to at least a respectable place.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Almost like a ,wait for it, walk on type coach. Lol
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I honestly would love him for taking the job. This kind of job that we are looking at.
MC1983

Post by MC1983 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
MC1983 wrote: Hell to the No with Pastner IF Miller is done. That dude is not Arizona good. No gap filling
Exactly who do you think would come coach at AZ that isn't a "gap filler" type of coach?

Assuming of course Heeke is moving to can Miller with this (i'll be kind and call it....premature) firing of Phelps
I not sure but if that happens Arizona better have a better plan than Pastner. I will also add IF it happens Heeke better be checking for pipe booms under his car if it isn’t a home run hire.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Pastner already has a job. While would he want an interim one? Unless gets fired of course, GY is 11-12 and lost to Gardner-Webb.

Reggie Geary would probably be my choice.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Almost like a ,wait for it, walk on type coach. Lol
How much money is this new coach getting paid?

I won't give jack to recruits. Hell, I won't even recruit, I'll let them call me. I'm happy to deliver clean 0-28 seasons in the interim if the money's right.

I'll even give a discount. Only like 2 mil a year, tops. I'll take like 100k a year if I can grab a 5 mil buyout. Then, just won't show up for like 4 months straight and see what happens.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Heeke..... All you had to do was read a few of my posts last year....

Outside of the obvious and the capital, there is no greater and unseemly transgression to me than adults making weak minded, emotionally unstable decisions. It’s gross, it’s..... pussy ass shit.

We all have better things to do.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bring back Iron Man, Damian S?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:Bring back Iron Man, Damian S?
Damon has shown improvement every year at Pacific although I thought Gardner was the Iron Man! Gardner doing OK with IUPUI too.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I think your right...I thought I heard Damian was the one that ironed his undershorts but could totally be wrong.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Magic/Lebron need to fire Luke today.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:I think your right...I thought I heard Damian was the one that ironed his undershorts but could totally be wrong.
Ahhhh, that "Iron(ing)" man. I was thinking of Gardner averaging 38 minutes a game when he was a junior, and 34 as a senior. That "Iron man".
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

I thought it was Salim who was crazy meticulous and ironed everything?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

You’re probably right baycat, it’s salim
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

JT I think slept in his uniform the night before games or maybe just the socks... cant recall.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I know it is not in the nature of online forums, but...

...may I suggest everyone take a deep breath, try to enjoy the game tonight, and see where we stand in a few days?

Phelps isn't fired quite yet. Executive meetings in this kind of "WTF?" situation aren't indicative of action to be taken. The president of the university put himself firmly in Miller's court during the last freak-out, and did so pretty boldly. It would be pretty hard for him to walk it back and just play the "my AD makes athletic decisions" card. Most of the information we have is rush to story stuff, and makes for great participation but sometimes turns out to be a bit more sensational than the final story.

I'm not saying this isn't bad. But we have seen bad, and come out of it with the #1 class in the country. The go to saying on this board is "Sean Miller is a Witch". If the Phelps/O'Neal thing doesn't turn out to be a huge violation, I wouldn't pick against Miller.

It's going to be one turbulent ride, and doesn't look good at all, but we've been sure of the program's demise before, most certainly just short of a year ago this week. If this is a power play, Heeke better have all of his donors lined up behind him. If this is just due dilligence, we'll see if it has impact.
Last edited by EVCat on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

Damon was the ironing freak. Underwear, socks, everything.
JT slept in the uniform and socks.
Salim had a major shoe fetish if memory serves, and was OCD about how they were arranged in the closet, etc.

I think.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

If we are to lose Miller, I do not want an alum to be hired strictly beacuse they are an alum. Walton is probably the only alum realistic choice that I would be happy with. I think there's plenty of options out there - wouldn't mind Wes Miller at UNCG or Luke Yalich at Michigan. Don't think there's any chance we could afford or pull Chris Beard or Buzz Williams or Kevin Keatts as this time which is a damn shame.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

goslingswagg wrote:If we are to lose Miller, I do not want an alum to be hired strictly beacuse they are an alum.
Never did understand all the calls for Ricky Hunley and Chuck Cecil to take over for Mackovic/Stoops/RichRod.

Those guys are lifelong position coaches for a reason, although Cecil had one disastrous season as a DC.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

EVCat wrote:I know it is not in the nature of online forums, but...

...may I suggest everyone take a deep breath, try to enjoy the game tonight, and see where we stand in a few days?

Phelps isn't fired quite yet. Executive meetings in this kind of "WTF?" situation aren't indicative of action to be taken. The president of the university put himself firmly in Miller's court during the last freak-out, and did so pretty boldly. It would be pretty hard for him to walk it back and just play the "my AD makes athletic decisions" card. Most of the information we have is rush to story stuff, and makes for great participation but sometimes turns out to be a bit more sensational than the final story.

I'm not saying this isn't bad. But we have seen bad, and come out of it with the #1 class in the country. The go to saying on this board is "Sean Miller is a Witch". If the Phelps/O'Neal thing doesn't turn out to be a huge violation, I wouldn't pick against Miller.

It's going to be one turbulent ride, and doesn't look good at all, but we've been sure of the program's demise before, most certainly just short of a year ago this week. If this is a power play, Heeke better have all of his donors lined up behind him. If this is just due dilligence, we'll see if it has impact.
Man I will tell you this: I am tired of freaking out every damn time something happens around here or with any of my "teams." Truth is - Miller hasn't really lived up to our admittedly ridiculous standards other than bringing in great recruiting classes that either had back luck or completely flopped. Reality is that what will happen will happen. The alumni won't tolerate the destruction of the program with or without Miller - so we will end up fine eventually.

But to do all this now? With the class we have coming in? Fuck Heeke and the retarded horse he rode in on.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I laughed out loud at this
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oh man, Robbins getting heat on Twitter with some fire heeke tweets.

Love it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Oh man, Robbins getting heat on Twitter with some fire heeke tweets.

Love it.
Let it rain. Time to go for the jugular.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:Oh man, Robbins getting heat on Twitter with some fire heeke tweets.

Love it.
Don't know this person, but :lol:

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

:lol:

Heeke Twitter is lit too!
Ned Zissou

Post by Ned Zissou »

....on the bright side, if Miller is fired, I will get to cancel my Pac-12 network subscription.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I really think I figured this whole thing out.

With the FBI Investigation Heeke could have implemented a zero tolerance policy for everyone in the Arizona program. And I would not blame him at all. Miller and everyone else in the program agreed to it at the time

Now Phelps could have done something wrong with the rules and regulations that U of A has with transcripts and prospective players that is NOT a NCAA violation. So that is why the NCAA has not said anything but U of A wants to enforce the zero tolerance policy. And Heeke can do this and say Miller is fully supportive of this even though Miller hasnt said as such.

The way the ABOR worded their comment leads me to believe this is the case even more.

If this is the case, there is nothing to worry about with Miller or the NCAA going forward as it pertains to Phelps
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:I really think I figured this whole thing out.

With the FBI Investigation Heeke could have implemented a zero tolerance policy for everyone in the Arizona program. And I would not blame him at all. Miller and everyone else in the program agreed to it at the time

Now Phelps could have done something wrong with the rules and regulations that U of A has with transcripts and prospective players that is NOT a NCAA violation. So that is why the NCAA has not said anything but U of A wants to enforce the zero tolerance policy. And Heeke can do this and say Miller is fully supportive of this even though Miller hasnt said as such.

The way the ABOR worded their comment leads me to believe this is the case even more.

If this is the case, there is nothing to worry about with Miller or the NCAA going forward as it pertains to Phelps
......just stop.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:

......just stop.
So where was I wrong then or shut up
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

You’ve always been wrong. You are just the type who always is. Sucks, but hey I’m sure god thinks you’re okay.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

......just stop.
The part where you said that you really think you figured this out and literally every thing after.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

......just stop.
The part where you said that you really think you figured this out and literally every thing after.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

......just stop.
So what's the full story then
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

MIAGFP
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

......just stop.
I think I figured this out.

The universe hates us.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

lmmfao
billk78

Post by billk78 »

97cats wrote:lmmfao
Please tell me everyone here is just overreacting and Arizona is right where it wants to be for next season?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

man, I can’t say that, but i think there is still hope for Miller in the short term and possibly next season - the FBI stuff will always be there, and I believed from the beginning that it would be hard pressed for Sean Miller to survive it at all, certainly less likely over the long haul - so far he has, credit to him.

however, until there is closure it’s there, and if anything new arises he’s gone.

there are people who are worn out, Tucson is very loyal but can be a bit fickle, I think we are seeing some of that.

long term I don’t give it much hope anymore, but the next few years could be fun if in fact Sean survives this whole mess...but that’s a big if.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Irish27 wrote:
Well of course they did. But even with a clean blood panel from Carondelet in hand I wouldn't let them suck my cock.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law