Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatFanOneMil

Re: Sean Miller

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Why do people assume Millers job is in jeopardy?

I see no evidence of this in anything so far...besides the UofA does not have a cash cow to buy out his contract and another 10 cash cows to upgrade his void...this is a ridiculous conversation.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

He said "If this is a medical emergency, please hang up and dial 911, otherwise please listen carefully to our new automated system as it has recently changed..."
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Why do people assume Millers job is in jeopardy?

I see no evidence of this in anything so far...besides the UofA does not have a cash cow to buy out his contract and another 10 cash cows to upgrade his void...this is a ridiculous conversation.
After this season his contract will only be for 2 years. He will be the coach next year barring something unforeseen due to current booster support along with the fact that Arizona has issues with its football coach and support there, but Miller's future beyond next season is very much in question. He will not continue as Arizona's coach with only 1 year remaining on his contract, so he will either be fired or he will be extended by the end of the next season. So this year's tourney and next year in general is the tell all be all for his future here. People are using their own two eyes to decipher that this year's team isn't long for the NCAA tournament and next year we're fielding an entirely new roster without 3 1st round picks, so yeah....there's a reason people are discussing this.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

When there is evidence you are paying players $10k a month and an impending show cause and death penalty, a buy out may not be necessary.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:

When there is evidence you are paying players $10k a month and an impending show cause and death penalty, a buy out may not be necessary.
Stop projecting
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

enfuego wrote:

enfuego, are you really just shutting your eyes and plugging your ears over what's come out about KU's egregious violations of NCAA rules? They're quite arguably far worse than anything that's been alleged about AZ.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:

Please stop describing your disgusting sexual fantasies to us. This is a family-friendly message board.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Please stop describing your disgusting sexual fantasies to us. This is a family-friendly message board.
Surely he's here to cum swap with Droop&Dribble, but why they can't hook up?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:

Good thing there's no evidence then huh? Oh wait.....you're talking about Kansas aren't you?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

azgreg wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Good thing there's no evidence then huh? Oh wait.....you're talking about Kansas aren't you?
He just can’t wait!!
Kansas will release public response to allegations of major NCAA violations on Thursday. Kansas will make public Thursday its formal response to the NCAA in the ongoing investigation into the basketball program, athletic director Jeff Long told CBS Sports.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

enfuego wrote:

Whats the matter Fuegs are you afraid that the NCAA might scalp Bill Self??...........oh wait.

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Beachcat97 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

enfuego, are you really just shutting your eyes and plugging your ears over what's come out about KU's egregious violations of NCAA rules? They're quite arguably far worse than anything that's been alleged about AZ.
Am I on candid camera?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Am I on candid camera?
Actually this is “Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?” and I’m sorry to report you were knocked out during the opening credits. Better luck next time Sport.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:

After this season his contract will only be for 2 years. He will be the coach next year barring something unforeseen due to current booster support along with the fact that Arizona has issues with its football coach and support there, but Miller's future beyond next season is very much in question. He will not continue as Arizona's coach with only 1 year remaining on his contract, so he will either be fired or he will be extended by the end of the next season. So this year's tourney and next year in general is the tell all be all for his future here. People are using their own two eyes to decipher that this year's team isn't long for the NCAA tournament and next year we're fielding an entirely new roster without 3 1st round picks, so yeah....there's a reason people are discussing this.
You have no idea what you are taking about when you say Miller future beyond next year is very much in question. Who told you that? That is what I thought. Next year he will have exactly what you said he should recruit.....a bunch of 4 stars. Not happy with that? Let me know when Marty calls you.
Last edited by TheCat on Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Am I on candid camera?
You are facing 5 level one violations....I think that is 3 more than anyone else. I think Kansas's response is due this month so that will be interesting to see.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Am I on candid camera?
You are facing 5 level one violations....I think that is 3 more than anyone else. I think Kansas's response is due this month so that will be interesting to see.
Is Snoop Dogg going to deliver it?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Am I on candid camera?
All made up. Public response comes out tomorrow.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

enfuego wrote:
So, someone stole Bill Self's cell phone and sent text messages about paying players?
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

midnightx wrote:
enfuego wrote:
So, someone stole Bill Self's cell phone and sent text messages about paying players?
Yeah, that didn't happen.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
That’s our Sean. Makes friends wherever he goes...
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

The dudes that do the Bad Lip Reading series on YouTube need to put one together for Sean.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Believe it or not, it's just one dude.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

enfuego wrote:

For you enfuego since Kansas had to reply today.

"Given the seriousness of the allegations, Kansas could be in line for a postseason ban, loss of scholarships and a possible suspension of Self.

"It can be a hit, but you can recover from the hit if the foundation is strong," Self told CBS Sports earlier this month. "We'll get through this. But nobody likes going through it."

Kansas is considered the most notable case in a series of investigations being conducted by the NCAA of universities at least mentioned in the FBI investigation of college basketball."

Sounds like Self knows the hammer is coming.......lol
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

"Given the seriousness of the allegations, Kansas could be in line for a postseason ban, loss of scholarships and a possible suspension of Self.

"It can be a hit, but you can recover from the hit if the foundation is strong," Self told CBS Sports earlier this month. "We'll get through this. But nobody likes going through it."

Kansas is considered the most notable case in a series of investigations being conducted by the NCAA of universities at least mentioned in the FBI investigation of college basketball."

lol, not. The response is a big f u to the NCAA and supports that Kansas and Self is innocent. Thanks for playing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

lol, not. The response is a big f u to the NCAA and supports that Kansas and Self is innocent. Thanks for playing.
Literally everything that has come out in the last couple years has pointed to saying "God damn KU and Self are super guilty"
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
"I could have outrun those birds"
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Literally everything that has come out in the last couple years has pointed to saying "God damn KU and Self are super guilty"
From people who don't know what they are talking about and message board experts.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Also every media report, investigation and trial...

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:Also every media report, investigation and trial...
Fake news sells. The investigation and trial all pointed to Kansas having no knowledge of the ongoings of Adidas. Educate yourself son. Go read Kansas's response.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
Fake news sells. The investigation and trial all pointed to Kansas having no knowledge of the ongoings of Adidas. Educate yourself son. Go read Kansas's response.
Uh yeah none of what you're saying is remotely true.

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

enfuego wrote:
You're an undiluted moron.

~ Wilhoit's Law
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

enfuego wrote:
You mean, where the university says that, even though it, and Self, admitted that Gassnola was a booster when it was trying to get deSousa reinstated, that he was not in fact a booster now that they’re contesting these allegations???
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I know Bill Self is low hanging fruit (yes, that’s a reference to his testicle situation in those assless chaps ... the internet is forever) but this thread is actually dedicated to a coach who WASN’T texting Adidas execs about the money they needed to throw around to get kids to a shithole like Lawrence, Kansas.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

enfuego wrote:

There was only one team that tried to pay Ayton and it was testified to in court and also recorded in a conversation with the wig master himself. Welcome to Kansas. :lol:
97cats

Post by 97cats »

20 wins
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

97cats wrote:20 wins
I love ya Jon. & I was happy for him last night but even more (selfishly) that second half!! C'mon 'Cats...you have a higher gear & now it's time to hit it for coach.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

97cats wrote:20 wins
Should be an absolute expectation and shoe in for Arizona every single season.

This is.....Arizona.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

There was only one team that tried to pay Ayton and it was testified to in court and also recorded in a conversation with the wig master himself. Welcome to Kansas. :lol:
There was only one team that actually succeeded in paying Ayton, if you believe the testimony of your former assistant coach.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

enfuego wrote:
TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

There was only one team that actually succeeded in paying Ayton, if you believe the testimony of your former assistant coach.
Book stating Miller paying Ayton was him bragging to bag men so they would give him more money to bring players to their agency. In no way shape or form did Book “testify” (as you say) in court anything resembling Miller paying anyone.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

IndianaZonaFan wrote:
enfuego wrote:
TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Book stating Miller paying Ayton was him bragging to bag men so they would give him more money to bring players to their agency. In no way shape or form did Book “testify” (as you say) in court anything resembling Miller paying anyone.
Testimony is testimony as minestrone is minestrone. Bill Self wears a rug 'cause he has too much testosterony. Learn the logic and one day you might trade a wet firecracker for yo box of dynamite. It's enfuego's brain and I'm livin' in it!
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

enfuego wrote:
I love these posts. "OJ is innocent! Go read what Johnnie Cochran said in court today!"
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

IndianaZonaFan wrote: Book stating Miller paying Ayton was him bragging to bag men so they would give him more money to bring players to their agency. In no way shape or form did Book “testify” (as you say) in court anything resembling Miller paying anyone.
Well, as long as everyone here is making up their own facts, I might as well too.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

enfuego wrote:
IndianaZonaFan wrote: Book stating Miller paying Ayton was him bragging to bag men so they would give him more money to bring players to their agency. In no way shape or form did Book “testify” (as you say) in court anything resembling Miller paying anyone.
Well, as long as everyone here is making up their own facts, I might as well too.
You have to know what a fact is, first.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:Well, as long as everyone here is making up their own facts, I might as well too.
Here's a fact: You're an idiot. #notmadeup
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
How awesome would it be to have a Kansas fan poster who wasn’t into lying?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
If there's another KU fan who posts on here (ie: besides fuego), I've not seen them.

The other schools whose fans I've noticed here: Kansas, UCLA, and Duke. I guess it's a weirdly flattering group?

Anyway, this is the Sean Miller thread, so here's a thought on our coach: man would it be nice if he could get his team to stack its best two weeks of the season together starting next week.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
If there's another KU fan who posts on here (ie: besides fuego), I've not seen them.
I think some of us (me included) maintain an irrational belief that toadias will come back. As will TopCat. And RubenD. And uastacy. And gumby. And claudia. And maybe even Muffley.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Bingo. Self and Kansas are going to have some serious problems, because IIRC, there are preserved text messages that he sent referring to paying players.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

The other schools whose fans I've noticed here: Kansas, UCLA, and Duke. I guess it's a weirdly flattering group?

Anyway, this is the Sean Miller thread, so here's a thought on our coach: man would it be nice if he could get his team to stack its best two weeks of the season together starting next week.
There are Arizona fans who pay money each month to post on BRO...

I think Bug and I are the longest-tenured Bruins here. 11banners is a friend of mine but he never made his way over to the new board.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.