Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ByJoveByJingle

Re: Sean Miller

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Bruins01 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
IndianaZonaFan wrote: Book stating Miller paying Ayton was him bragging to bag men so they would give him more money to bring players to their agency. In no way shape or form did Book “testify” (as you say) in court anything resembling Miller paying anyone.
Well, as long as everyone here is making up their own facts, I might as well too.
How awesome would it be to have a Kansas fan poster who wasn’t into lying?
If there's another KU fan who posts on here (ie: besides fuego), I've not seen them.

The other schools whose fans I've noticed here: Kansas, UCLA, and Duke. I guess it's a weirdly flattering group?

Anyway, this is the Sean Miller thread, so here's a thought on our coach: man would it be nice if he could get his team to stack its best two weeks of the season together starting next week.
There are Arizona fans who pay money each month to post on BRO...

I think Bug and I are the longest-tenured Bruins here. 11banners is a friend of mine but he never made his way over to the new board.
What about Flipper? I think I made a profile picture for him. Too bad we lost so many rival posters (of the non-idiot variety) when BDW went online.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Isn’t there some guy named SBHank?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Rece Davis said Miller took a shot at Lunardi and him in the media. Anyone know what he said? Also, it appears Miller is coming apart at the seams.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

enfuego wrote:Rece Davis said Miller took a shot at Lunardi and him in the media. Anyone know what he said? Also, it appears Miller is coming apart at the seams.

Probably on that same tape where he is offering Ayton 100k.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I think it was Archie Miller.
Equated Bracketology show to Sesame Street and said Lunardi should go back to his trash can.
Said they put IU on bubble to spike ratings

I’m just paraphrasing.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Postmaster wrote:I think it was Archie Miller.
Equated Bracketology show to Sesame Street and said Lunardi should go back to his trash can.

I’m just paraphrasing.
Yeah, had something to do with Sesame Street, so this is it. Thanks.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Postmaster wrote:I think it was Archie Miller.

I’m just paraphrasing.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Goodbye Sean
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

We suck.

Guess what? I don’t care anymore. That’s the worst place to be as a fan.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:We suck.

Guess what? I don’t care anymore. That’s the worst place to be as a fan.
Just like football. You know its really bad when I can't even be bothered to care about basketball. I'm so tired of Arizona programs just being awful.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Not to get too stupid with any OT shit, and I know that's easy to do, but do we really pay this guy 4 Million freaking dollars a year for this.

I'm asking because my friend was asking me and I was afraid to admit it.

Is it true?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Clown show. For how many straight years now?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Not to get too stupid with any OT shit, and I know that's easy to do, but do we really pay this guy 4 Million freaking dollars a year for this.

Is it true?
We pay him $2.4 million and he gets an extra 400k from Nike. That's not including bonuses of course and yeah he has or will miss out on a lot of them.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:Not to get too stupid with any OT shit, and I know that's easy to do, but do we really pay this guy 4 Million freaking dollars a year for this.

Is it true?
We pay him $2.4 million and he gets an extra 400k from Nike. That's not including bonuses of course and yeah he has or will miss out on a lot of them.

Ok thanks Choo, appreciate the clarification.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Is it true?

Your point remains regardless, he's currently an overpaid hack.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Is it true?

Someone stole choo's phone and is posting under his name.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

I'm amazed and this is no BS. The greater Arizona Basketball fan-base is truly one of the best in the nation of any college.

Top ten for sure.

Tucson love's it's college basketball but there is a fine line that people better not take for granted. Lute ain't here no more and Arizona will not have that ace in the hole forever if the winning stops.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Is it true?
We are an 8th in the nation program getting 25th in the nation results.

Time to end.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Is it true?

Someone stole choo's phone and is posting under his name.
It's me brother. Choo Choo! All aboard the move on from Sean Miller train.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

SCCats wrote:

Is it true?

Time to end.
25th in the nation is mighty generous.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

ChooChooCat wrote:
SCCats wrote:

Is it true?

Time to end.
25th in the nation is mighty generous.
I just mention that number to show how bad it is.

If someone wants to make an argument for 30 or 35, the disagreement won’t come from me.

We are underachieving badly. That should be enough.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:I'm amazed and this is no BS. The greater Arizona Basketball fan-base is truly one of the best in the nation of any college.

Top ten for sure.

Tucson love's it's college basketball but there is a fine line that people better not take for granted. Lute ain't here no more and Arizona will not have that ace in the hole forever if the winning stops.
I think the fanbase is more than ready to move on. The boosters are the question mark.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I will say the end of this season has been uninspiring. I also have a bad feeling with akinjo next year.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Tucson and its blue-hairs come to McKale at 8 fucking 30 to cheer on its team. What Miller will hand off to the next fair-haired son will not be what Lute handed off to him. I bet Tucson will step up nonetheless, but it's fast losing face.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

But way to go Dylan, nice senior night. That was great toughness he showed. I'm proud of him.
-Norlander.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Tucson is one thing. But think of next year’s seniors on campus and their experience of Arizona basketball throughout all of college. Nobody on campus is passing the tradition on, either. There’s no awareness. They’re not going to start getting into the tradition later in life.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:Tucson is one thing. But think of next year’s seniors on campus and their experience of Arizona basketball throughout all of college. Nobody on campus is passing the tradition on, either. There’s no awareness. They’re not going to start getting into the tradition later in life.
Nobody except sadly maybe Dylan Smith gives two shits about Arizona basketball.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

I doubt AZ moves on Miller until the NCAA crap drops.

At the very least we could jettison Miller as a way of throwing a doggie bone to the NCAA..............we might even get lesser sanctions.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Miller has a good way of summing up just how badly we suck.

Shame he has no idea how to fix things.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

^

Of the six players commemorated on Senior Day, none were signed by Arizona out of high school, two have only spent one year in the program, and two others are walk-ons.

Very telling about Miller and the program, that players don't stick around. Not every player is a One and Done.
KingG

Post by KingG »

Sean Miller needs to do the right thing and step down after this season. The program and Miller both need a reset.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:^

Of the six players commemorated on Senior Day, none were signed by Arizona out of high school, two have only spent one year in the program, and two others are walk-ons.

Very telling about Miller and the program, that players don't stick around. Not every player is a One and Done.
The Max Hazzard situation is the most laughable shit I've ever seen and speaks worlds about where this program is now.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

ChooChooCat wrote:

The Max Hazzard situation is the most laughable shit I've ever seen and speaks worlds about where this program is now.
What's the story here? Rumors true he refuses to play due to disagreement with Miller?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Lando05 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

What's the story here? Rumors true he refuses to play due to disagreement with Miller?
Regardless what the actual story is just look at this situation. Have you ever seen anything like it? Dude travels to LA, sits out for "personal reasons" against USC, plays against UCLA, his grandfather's alma mater, isn't even on the bench for Wazzu once again for "personal reasons" and then is in street clothes, takes part in senior day activities, and sits out the UW game for "personal reasons." It's truly amazing. There has been more random behind the scenes BS with this program over the last few years than the entirety of the Olson era.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

But, but, but...boosters have his back, so buckle up for another year, right?

Man, I remember when this was supposed to be our great big bounce back season. It’s like Miller’s forgotten how to coach or how to speak to his team. Total disarray. Surely to the delight of other Pac 12 teams.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

There’s just no point anymore. Arizona men’s basketball has the fans, the facilities, and the tradition, but none of its strengths are going to continue to improve on their own. I still say Miller had a great run, but that ended years ago. It really seems like it’s time for him to reinvent himself outside of basketball and then maybe think about getting back to basketball with new energy and a fresh perspective sometime in the future.

Arizona needs a program, not these teams taped together every year.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Feel like I’ve been saying this a lot around this time of year, but recent (and of course current) UofA students have no idea how good AZ hoops is when things are rolling. Sean has had some great moments here and has flirted with elite status. But it’s not what it once was.

To me, we’re a sleeping giant. One of a small group of programs nationally that can maintain excellence over a long period of time. But as we know, it all starts with the coach.

I hope Sean’s post-AZ career is filled with reflection, growth and success. He’s a good guy. It’s not easy to stay at the same coaching job longer than a decade.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote: Arizona needs a program, not these teams taped together every year.
Amen.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

It's just gotten away from him and the "taped together" analogies are spot on.

Look at USC and UCLA for example. I don't care about recruiting rankings and all that. I know what my eyes see. Depth of quality players with size and strength.

Actually I think Miller has done wonders with what he has. People get it in there head that because we have three OADs we should be amazing. I don't really think it works that way. You still have to have a program around those parts and we do not.

The lack of a full team of program guys is a function of the FBI mess. I also think Miller out recruited himself. To have an exodus of Nico, Zeke, Green, two years after an exodus of Ayton, Rawle, Trier, Cartwright.

Roster management? I guess. His fault probably. But it's not like it's coaching and we should be top 5 with this roster. I don't think there are any coaches out there who could have done more with this group.

Miller is clearly burnt. Things have gotten away from him. He's a better coach than Romar but the same thing happened to Romar. The OAD situation has done this to many coaches where the cupboard is just bare and you find yourself completely rebuilding.

The transfer market is part of college basketball and I hate it. Would love to see more guys hang around for a while and supplement that with an occasional OAD.

Miller will continue to be a great coach and we may regret letting him go one day. But the time has come. This team is doing shit in the NCAA tournament. We are going to fizzle hard again.

I'm tired of this shit. I want new energy.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bordercat wrote: The lack of a full team of program guys is a function of the FBI mess.
A lot of people make this argument and I get why, but the very recruiting class we were going to land that year would've led us down this very dark path regardless. None of the 5 guys we would've landed would have played for Arizona this year for one reason or another.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

True Choo- and we can also look at guys like Randolph, Akot, Doutrive, etc. and say WTF happened there?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bordercat wrote:True Choo- and we can also look at guys like Randolph, Akot, Doutrive, etc. and say WTF happened there?
Just more examples of ridiculously bad fits that Miller brought to the program, which is the norm now.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:
I'm still shocked Jeff Tollefsen didn't lead us to a Final 4.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Think it was Mark, but who tf cares at this point.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Oh shit. How could I have made that mistake on such a meaningful player to this Program.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Getting his name wrong was his point lol. We don't know most of these guys and they don't leave a lasting impact on the program.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

btw... a true example of doing less with more is Udub.

The talent they have is unreal. How did they underachieve so badly?
Last edited by Bordercat on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bordercat wrote:btw... a true example of doing less with more us Udub.

Lost their PG in the middle of the season and had nothing else resembling a PG on roster to replace him.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Bordercat wrote:btw... a true example of doing less with more us Udub.

Lost their PG in the middle of the season and had nothing else resembling a PG on roster to replace him.
I don't buy that. Not to the level they underperformed with their talent.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Oh shit. How could I have made that mistake on such a meaningful player to this Program.
Well fuck me! I thought it was Mordecai.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law