Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by NYCat »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:Watching our women's team's NIT run, I kinda wish Adia Barnes was our coach. What struck me was how their style of play is a lot more fun to watch then the mens. Constantly pushing the tempo, and her guards have been trained how to properly throw in entry passes to the post (yes it is possible to dribble a step or two to the side to get a better angle instead of just lobbing it half ass or standing with feet in concrete). Of course our mens team doesn't have a guard near as good as Aari McDonald, so there's that holding Miller back. Seriously :D Miller was in attendance, hope he picked up some ideas to make his team as watchable as the ladies.
Maybe he should go down under
elriop20

Post by elriop20 »

I think it comes down to the fact that Bennett realized he needed to make changes and went and made them. I'm not sure if Miller has really ever considered 'changing' from the offense, defense, or his coaching style.
NYCat wrote:
TheGreatCatsby wrote:Watching our women's team's NIT run, I kinda wish Adia Barnes was our coach. What struck me was how their style of play is a lot more fun to watch then the mens. Constantly pushing the tempo, and her guards have been trained how to properly throw in entry passes to the post (yes it is possible to dribble a step or two to the side to get a better angle instead of just lobbing it half ass or standing with feet in concrete). Of course our mens team doesn't have a guard near as good as Aari McDonald, so there's that holding Miller back. Seriously :D Miller was in attendance, hope he picked up some ideas to make his team as watchable as the ladies.
Maybe he should go down under
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Who's to say Miller hasn't changed during his tenure. Coaches stick to fundamental principles, and they should. How tight you hold the reins on your team depends on personnel and how much you trust them. I suspect Miller will be much looser on offense because he has players who are good offensive players.

Coaches like Bennett and Beard are known for defense. So if the players aren't bought in to defense, they don't play. I don't see why this is considered a knock on Miller.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

It seems like the two biggest issues with Miller has been roster turnover the past few years and a lack of a bona fide point guard during that time. He has had some incredible talent, but flawed rosters. Even if he were to have changed his offensive and/or defensive philosophy, he still has had holes in his rosters. Presuming there is not major off-season roster turnover, along with his incoming class, this will be one of the deepest and well-constructed teams he has had in five years. One suspects next season will be reminiscent of the McConnell era, but with better guard play.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Recruited a good one...Who took his minutes?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Jefe wrote:Recruited a good one...Who took his minutes?
A transfer season at St. John's, mostly.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

DWWD
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

It's a shame as guys like simon are the guys that won the Natty this year. 3&4 year guys that ppy defense.

I hope virginias guys all stay and try to pull off the Florida repeat. With the way college bball is going it would be nice for up and coming kids to See guys stay and win and be role models.

But, can't blame a guy for wanting to make a zillion dollars.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
sirhamsalot

Post by sirhamsalot »

midnightx wrote:It seems like the two biggest issues with Miller has been roster turnover the past few years and a lack of a bona fide point guard during that time. He has had some incredible talent, but flawed rosters. Even if he were to have changed his offensive and/or defensive philosophy, he still has had holes in his rosters. Presuming there is not major off-season roster turnover, along with his incoming class, this will be one of the deepest and well-constructed teams he has had in five years. One suspects next season will be reminiscent of the McConnell era, but with better guard play.
Roster turnover has been a problem, but so has turnover on the coaching staff. In ten years he has lost Phelps, Romar, Book, Pasternack, Stoudamire, Whitford, and Archie. It's tough to generate continuity when you lose 7 assistants in 10 years on top of the roster turnover. But Miller has done what he has had to do to keep us in contention year in and year out. Hopefully Gainey, Peters and whoever is brought on next will be around for a while.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego wrote:
U.P. Zona Fan wrote:DD is our highest %3pt shooter now.
Has Zeke signed an LOI yet?

This post aged well.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

This post aged well.
Considering in the hearing today the lawyer said they have evidence that Miller has paid players at Arizona, and the NCAA ruling that players can get out of their LOI's if their coaches leave before they enroll, I find your post amusing. Not saying Zeke will end up at KU, but it is looking pretty questionable if your 2019 remains intact. Personally, I think a strong Arizona team is good for the game. So don't think I'm rooting for Miller's demise, but would be sweet to steal Zeke from Arizona after some "unexplainable" loss of Ayton to Arizona two seasons ago.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
mofo

Post by mofo »

Haha. I would think anyone but a dip shit would wait until he sees his plate is clean. As far as I’ve seen, Slick Willy is on record & Mr Miller is not. You’re not even the big fish in your own conference right now. :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

This post aged well.
Considering in the hearing today the lawyer said they have evidence that Miller has paid players at Arizona, and the NCAA ruling that players can get out of their LOI's if their coaches leave before they enroll, I find your post amusing. Not saying Zeke will end up at KU, but it is looking pretty questionable if your 2019 remains intact. Personally, I think a strong Arizona team is good for the game. So don't think I'm rooting for Miller's demise, but would be sweet to steal Zeke from Arizona after some "unexplainable" loss of Ayton to Arizona two seasons ago.
I have evidence you were once thrown out of a Tijuana donkey show for getting way too friendly with the livestock....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

This post aged well.
I suppose you would know the signs of a recruiting class falling apart and not being able to play your top recruits.
This may be fuegs area of expertise. It's like a 90 year old arthritic telling you it's about to rain. Maybe we should be worried. ;)
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Once upon a time Kansas led for and at the very least was expected to land 2 of Jeremiah Earl-Robinson, Zeke Nnaji, and Matthew Hurt. Bill Self can't replace Gregg Popovich soon enough.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Once upon a time Kansas led for and at the very least was expected to land 2 of Jeremiah Earl-Robinson, Zeke Nnaji, and Matthew Hurt. Bill Self can't replace Gregg Popovich soon enough.
!@#$!!??!!. NEVER! Wash your mouth out with soap!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

enfuego wrote:

Do you know ANYTHING about how evidence and law work?

The Judge ruled that Miller would NOT testify, this means that the judge has seen the so called "evidence" and ruled that it was a nothing-burger...if the lawyer had actual evidence that Miller paid players at Arizona then there would be a new set of charges filed and it would have happened a LONG time ago...whatever evidence the defense lawyers have they GOT FROM THE PROSECUTION...there are not tapes out there that the Government does not know about that show Miller was paying players...those tapes do not exists, if they did Miller would have been charged by the government from the beginning...you do realise it is the GOVERNMENT THAT MADE THE TAPES??????????????

The wire-taps were issued to the FBI...THEY have the tapes, THEY are the ones prosecuting...THEY have said Miller is not being charged...and THEY ASKED THE JUDGE TO PRECLUDE MILLER from being being forced to testify...do you see a pattern yet?

There are no tapes with Miller talking about paying players to come to Arizona that do not prove his position...any tapes with him on them prove that his story is the real story...the only evidence offered up against him is purely rhetorical by the defenses lawyer trying to garner sympathy for his guilty client...

And you an Mark Schlongabachsucker bought it hook/line/sinker...you've shown you have no reasoning ability...you've shown you are as stupid as the guilty parties...please STFU.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Once upon a time Kansas led for and at the very least was expected to land 2 of Jeremiah Earl-Robinson, Zeke Nnaji, and Matthew Hurt. Bill Self can't replace Gregg Popovich soon enough.
I'd get used to the idea if you're a Spurs fan, been in the works for awhile.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
I'd get used to the idea if you're a Spurs fan, been in the works for awhile.
Now you're just trying to hurt me. Not listening. Not listening. Not listening.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Miller's next press release?

~ Wilhoit's Law
97cats

Post by 97cats »

97cats wrote:Postby 97cats » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 pm

alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.

if he does, he really is a Witch.
:o
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote:

alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.

El es un brujo.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Posted Postby NYCat » September 28th, 2017, 11:17 pm
NYCat wrote:
97cats wrote:alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote:

I used to think my mother in law was the only bruja I ever knew. Glad my basketball coach is as well.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Miller needs to strut in to McKale for the Red/Blue game like VM.

goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

azgreg wrote:Miller needs to strut in to McKale for the Red/Blue game like VM.

Nothing would make me happier than whatever statement Sean releases in the next few weeks to just go really hard after ESPN, Yahoo and other media personalities - would love him naming names (Schlabach, Bilas, Vitale, Wetzel, Parrish, etc.) and going full scorched earth. I legitimately do not care about optics anymore - just want to burn the college b-ball world to the ground next year.
lance rochester

Post by lance rochester »

Miller seems to get a lot of criticism for squandering these top recruiting classes year after year, and it got me wanting to revisit some of these monster classes. I didn't compare them to other top classes or who Miller could have gotten instead. There are a whole lot of misses based on the star system, and it's not like the hits stuck around for to play with each other. There are some good examples of player development, some not so good. It's something I wanted to look at and I figured I'd post it

2009 #6 class - Well that came together quickly. Can’t wait till we add what’s sure to be a monster class next year, then we’ll really show that putz Andy Katz

Solomon Hill 4 star - Former Arizona commitment, would have likely ended up at UofA with any coach with as much potential as Tim Floyd. Limited athleticism and scoring ability, good defensively and unselfish/good passer. Probably the best example of staying four years in Miller’s system, solid glue guy in the NBA who made a lot of money which changes the perception of his success.

Kevin Parrom 4 star - Miller recruit from Xavier, arguably the second best player on 2010’s team. Never fully came back following getting shot, then injured, but stayed 4 years.

Momo Jones 4 star - Undersized shooting guard playing guard who strangely wasn’t much of a shooter or have much scoring ability. Transferred after two seasons.

Derrick Williams 4 star - Instant impact scorer for Arizona, and very active. If I remember right he got a pass on defense to avoid foul trouble. Left after two years and flopped badly in NBA

Kyryl Natyazhko 4 star - Xavier target I think. Supposedly had a lot of potential, but outside of a play or two it never showed at Arizona. Three unproductive years at Arizona.

2010 #32 class - Uh...I thought we were back

Daniel Bejarano 4 star - Highly rated in state prospect who decomitted from Texas and planned on playing at either UofA or ASU. Arizona came out on top (sight unseen?) and he apparently didn’t mesh with Miller and transferred after one season. Had success at Colorado State and I think he would have actually helped Arizona had he stayed.

Jordin Mayes 3 star- Miller struck out with his point guard targets, and got a commitment from Mayes. He hit a few key shots, moved like his feet were broken and didn’t win over too many fans.

Matt Korcheck - A frequent target of the Messageboard Save The Scholarship Foundation. Not only did UofA survive two years of Korcheck taking up a scholarship, he started off with a redshirt year and went on to contribute to two teams stacked with big men.

Jesse Perry - Arizona came across Perry while scouting his teammate Lazer Jones or something. Solid player for two years.

2011 #4 class - Number four class. with Nick Johnson, Josiah Turner, Angelo Chol, and Sidiki Johnson. Number four

Nick Johnson 5 star - Big target for Miller from day one who continued to improve in high school. Was solid for Arizona from day one, though far from a gifted scorer. Stayed three years

Josiah Turner 5 star - Miller finally strike gold with a star point guard who had a couple red flags that lead to him not exactly contributing anything, and either getting kicked off the team or quitting during his only season at Arizona. Later went on to not play for Larry Brown when he revitalized that Texas School.

Angelo Chol 4 star - Chol was tall, he could run fast, he just didn’t seem to be able to play basketball. Transferred to SDSU after two seasons where he continued to not be good at basketball

Sidiki Johnson 4 star - Arizona got their very own Zach Randolph-type big who had a red flag or two. Played 3 games for Arizona, transferred to Providence and played 11 games there.

2012 #3 class - wow! we can get guys who aren’t knuckleheads? also, that’s a lot of bigs.

Grant Jerret 5 star - Arizona has officially arrived with Miller nabbing a stud 5 star center. Scouting reports read like a young Tim Duncan - agile center with a tantalizing post game, solid outside shot. Message board insiders hint that it’s not Miller’s gameplan to have Jarret camp out at the three and pretend to be Kevin Durant, but Jerret doesn’t want to go inside or not play defense wrong. Jarett leaves for the NBA after one season where scouts at the draft combine were impressed with his post potential, has a cup of coffee in the league then I’m not sure what.

Kaleb Tarczewski 5 star - The number 8 player in the class who Scout’s Josh Gershon said something like “uh…don’t expect expect him to contribute much in first couple seasons, but he could develop into a solid player). Zeus immediately impressed Miller by not playing defense wrong and did so for his four years in Tucson. Hands of stone prevented him from being much of an offensive threat, but was an anchor on defense from day one till graduation.

Brandon Ashley 5 star - Highlight videos made Ashley out to be the beast power forward that’s always alluded the Wildcats, but there were warnings he was disinterested at times. Still the skilled offensive player, ok on defense, spent 2 1/2 solid seasons at UofA . He was injured for Kaminsky’s coming out party during his sophomore season, and finished his career as more of and Antawn Jamison-lite versus Larry Johnson-lite. Solid college career, but not exactly a great example of Miller’s player development skills

Gabe York 4 star - Scout’s Brian Snow said something like “I don’t really see York working out for Arizona, but if he does he could be a good player”. York was an undersized shooting guard, could hit threes, wasn’t much of a defender, and his being “the guy” days didn’t make it out of high school. Completed his four years at Arizona and was likely rewarded for sticking around and not playing defense wrong his senior year (potentially depriving undisciplined but athletic Justin Simon of p.t. his freshman year)

2013 #11 class - let’s balance out the roster after getting all those bigs last year(and McConnell)

Aaron Gordon 5 star - I got the impression from message board insiders that Gordon was UW’s to lose, but when Washington started to lose Gordon or his people started to look at Arizona. I feel like a deal may have been sniffed out and agreed on that would have gifted power forward Gordon play small forward at Arizona for his one year in college. Gordon routinely embarrassed smaller opponents who thought they could get by him. Gordon had an underdeveloped outside game, but had a very impressive year in Tucson and continued playing out of position in the NBA with the Magic where he’s still surrounded with limited offensive players.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 5 star - Came into college as an intimidating defender, athletic stud with good court vision and didn’t disappoint. Not much of a shooter, and didn’t break out his sophomore season as many had hoped. Still a very good two seasons in Tucson

Elliott Pitts 4 star - Uh…he was supposed to be a good shooter and solid wing. I don’t really remember him doing anything on the court but created a rift between UofA and Harvey Mason and his family.

2014 #3 class - now we’ll really beat Wisconsin

Stanley Johnson 5 star - Another Miller high priority recruit. Much to message board’s chagrin Miller shackled Stanley’s immense offensive talents by insisting he play team ball. Stanley sported a veteran NBA body as a teenager and supposedly had elite athleticism (I was always confused how he seemed to barely get the ball over the rim for dunks and seemed to have trouble holding on to the ball. Maybe he’s elite horizontally). He had a good year at Arizona and is entering free agency in the NBA as a 3 and D wing, but without the 3.

Craig Victor 4 star - Hey another promising power forward…he boosted Arizona’s recruiting class ranking and transferred home after a couple months.

PARKER JACKSON-CARTWRIGHT 4 star - Message board’s least favorite player since Mustafa. Josh Gershon said something like “He would be a 5 star but his his size cuts into his pro potential, so our rankings sometimes are about what a player can do in college, but others it’s based on what pro scouts might think or something”. Anyway, he was wrong. PJC was arguably solid, could hit a wide shot pretty well and was not selfish to the point where he was passive. Stayed four years, pissed of message board to no end, and never lived up to the promise he showed in his first year as Mcconnell’s backup.

Dusan Ristic 3 star - If Miller could have subbed Ristic and Zeus on offense and defense he’d be all set. Ristic was automatic from 5 feet in, but struggled outside of that and with double teams. Surprisingly accurate outside shot, but slow footed on defense and subjected to non-traditional 5’s. Still a good addition who played four seasons

Kadeem Allen - Underrated junior college addition. Bouncing around the NBA. He likely would have fit in on just about any UofA team.

2015 #3 class - here come the wings

Allonzo Trier 5 star - Not a message board favorite, but the guy was born and raised to score buckets. With all the limited offensive players during Miller’s tenure somehow a guy who saw the ball and a giant rim anytime he opened his eyes was not all that popular. He’d probably be annoying as hell to be on a pickup team with, but he can put the ball in the hoop as well as anyone and he knows it. Not all that engaged defensively, but he’s capable and a pretty good passer when he gives it up. Three years at Arizona, scoring and pissing people off in NBA.

Ray Smith 4 star - What I thought was the jewel of the class. Prototypical NBA 3 that we’d be lucky to get a year out of before he was off to the league. Plus isn’t Ray short for Raekwon? How cool is that? Anyway, he was my favorite recruit and I’m glad to hear the positive stories about his post-playing days.

Justin Simon 5 star - 6’5” Athletic wing with elite defensive abilities and potential to play point guard? Perfect. I feel like Miller would prefer someone play his defense correctly and fail due to physical limitations than say using their athleticism/length to recover from not fundamentally sound pack-line defense. Like say Gabe York standing in the right spot, getting beaten, and Justin Simon sitting on the bench then transferring after one season.

Chance Comanche 4 star - Thin athletic center prospect. I don’t think he was all that good at following directions, which led to him not getting much of a chance. I think he would have been fantastic on an Olson team. Chose gong pro after two promising seasons instead of another season coming off the bench.

2016 #9 class - how’d we get these guys?

Lauri Markkanen 4 star - We had the young stud TJ Leaf committed at his position, but were still going after some tall Finnish guy. Or maybe we never had Leaf, I don’t know. Point is we ended up maybe Miller’s best player. Lauri was awesome on a talented team that was unfortunately upset by Miller’s former team and assistant.

Rawle Alkins 5 star
Kobi Simmons 5 star - I got the impression both Rawle and Kobi Simmons were a couple 5 stars waiting to find an opportunity after NBA defections got sorted out rather than Miller busting his ass on the recruiting trail. We got two solid years out of Rawle, half a season out of Kobi. Not sure what happened with Kobi, but Rawle was a fan favorite and seemed like a good example of a true Miller type player.

2017 #3 class - Ayton and the kids

Deandre Ayton 5 star - Heck of a player. Came in with questions about his effort and defense, and improved that perception at least. Played on a disappointing team as a college power forward (despite being an NBA center) alongside a slow footed 7’ center, an adequate defender at small forward, a disengaged defender at shooting guard, and a point guard who measures below the average height for a male in the US.

Brandon Randolph 4 star - In the olden days Randolph had the pedigree of a player you could green light on a depleted roster and at least get a volume scorer. Things didn’t really work out that way and message board does not expect him to return for his senior year.

Emmanuel Akot 5 star - Akot came in a year early with the idea that he would contribute during his freshman season then be turned loose as a versatile point forward surrounded by capable scorers. His sophomore season didn’t exactly feature any capable scorers and Akot didn’t quite make it clear what his thing is. He’s been heavily criticized for cutting the chord and leaving the team after the second semester started, but maybe he was really unselfishly giving it one last go. Anyway, he’s gone now.

Ira Lee 4 star - Lee seems in the vein of Comanche and Simon where his basketball brains need to catch up with his basketball body and play how Miller expects him to. In his case though, he may actually stick around which should be a good thing

Alex Barcello 4 star - In state commit, supposed to be a good shooting, hard nosed combo guard or something. He currently carrying on the Brendon Lavender tradition of shooting great when you’re not around.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Man what a great recap and read!
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

LOL

You're awesome Irish
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
lmmfao
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Heck of a first post Lance. Coming out of the gate swinging! Welcome to the board.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Ray Smith was a 5 star and Justin Simon a 4 star. Outside of that mistake I award you all the points good sir.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

My god, that is the best one yet!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

ROY poster
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
enfuego wrote:Those wanting Miller back are out of touch with reality. He is absolutely tainted. It's been discussed here already. Even if he knew nothing about Richardson was doing, he's the head coach and he's responsible.

Fire Miller and go after a young coach like Danny Hurley or Eric Musselman at Nevada. Both play a style of basketball that Arizona fans will like and are active recruiters and with the Arizona brand behind them can recruit better players than they have now. You make the right hire and your remaining 6 players won't jump ship. Your punishment is minimized by the NCAA because you cleaned house. You're competitive again in the 2019-2020 season.

Profit.
Bullshit.

What cause can you fire Miller for?

Top of Conference 2 years running, TOP recruits in nation, NBA #1 recruit waiting to get his name called, obviously blindsided by Book.

You are full of crap sir.

No way any AD or school with adequate adults running the ship fire Miller at this point.

Besides the community loves Miller it's just the media that doesn't.

Nice try GregHansen, now go away.
Blindsided? Sure. That's why these agents had the keys to the practice facilities and could come and go as they pleased. Certainly Miller lets everyone do that so he didn't notice.

You would be a bigger man if you just simply state "I do not care if Arizona cheats and is perceived as a dirty program". You must be a great role model to your kids.
Dude, Kansas cheats as much as anyone since well... everyone pays players and cheats.
That may be true. That would presume that Arizona out bid Kansas for Ayton, since no one was recruiting Ayton except Kansas. The issue is you got caught we did not.
lol
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Oh Kansas got caught. In fact multiple times. How's Billy Preston doing? How long are you going to use that scholarship for that guy sitting on the bench 2 years for getting paid? The only testimony that Ayton was paid was from Adidas saying they paid a "handler" 15K to go to Kansas. I have said from the start that there is more evidence against Kansas and that they will be penalized MORE than Az.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Irish continues to go above and beyond :P
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

On the off chance Sean Miller reads this thread:

Coach, you left your headlights on when you parked in the garage this morning.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:On the off chance Sean Miller reads this thread:

A Jaguar will auto turn them off after a bit.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Longhorned wrote:On the off chance Sean Miller reads this thread:

A Jaguar will auto turn them off after a bit.
Was the engine running?

Was he in the car?

Maybe he forgot to close the garage door.... :shock:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It was his white Porsche, which also should turn off automatically.

"Your doors are locked, your lights are on, and your engine's running."

EVCat

Post by EVCat »

lance rochester wrote:Miller seems to get a lot of criticism for squandering these top recruiting classes year after year, and it got me wanting to revisit some of these monster classes. I didn't compare them to other top classes or who Miller could have gotten instead. There are a whole lot of misses based on the star system, and it's not like the hits stuck around for to play with each other. There are some good examples of player development, some not so good. It's something I wanted to look at and I figured I'd post it:

(ALL OF WHAT HE SAID...NOT GOING TO MAKE THIS THE LONGEST QUOTE EVER)
My only additions, or caveats here

Derrick Williams was a 3 star to some, 4 star to others, but no one's idea of the best player in that class. As much as people want to point out failures in Miller's development (not you, in general), you have to give credit to his high 3/low 4 star to 2nd pick then bust in the NBA player. He got something out of him that no one else could, apparently. TJ McConnell and Solo, and even Ayton, belong on the Miller Development positive ledger.

Remember the 2011 class had to have some reaches. Miller literally took a crater of a program with scraps left, then recruited some question marks to come to the big gap left by DWill, Momo transfer, etc. Miller wasn't at a point where he could look at much more than talent and filling in the gap. A lot of schools would have taken Josiah Turner. A lot. We just got him. Nick was more than just a good to great player for us. He was the centerpoint of the chemistry those teams had. He was the driver of that group. The year before, we had to take Bejarano when we had a chance because we had to make sure it was understood we had Arizona locked down. He didn't fit. He may have in a couple of years, but he needed shots.

Kevin Parrom could have been a Nick as well, but he could only be an emotional leader after the skills were taken from him by a gun. He could have been an in-control Draymond Green for this team.

Brandon Ashley was playing very well for us when he went down. He wasn't always the killer, but we were 22-0 and killing everyone with MASSIVE play when he went down. Because Grant saw Jesus in the G-League and left, we didn't have an adequate replacement for him. Moving AG from the 3 to the 4 took away our X factor, and there is no way anyone could have seen Jerrett leaving AND Ashley getting injured. All of that aside, we were still a really bad foul call away from the Final Four.

Pitts was a 4 star? Jesus.

The loss of Ray Smith was the knife to the gut of this last few years.

Akot is an example of hype and athleticism = 5 star. Long, lanky, a perfect 90's player, but in today's "shoot the ball" game, he was overrated by star makers who remember Stacey Augmon as a dominant player.

Rawle Alkins was the equivalent of a N/A grade in a class...we saw flashes, but he was never fully around.

Alex Barcello is clearly a miss at this point. But he was also shoehorned into a role that was never his specialty...3 point sniper. Kid has zero confidence left. Should have played somewhere else where he would be pushed to score, not shoot.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Imagine a team consisting of Justin Simon / Allonzo Trier / Ray Smith / Lauri Markkanen

:shock:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Have we determined yet if Sean Miller can recruit?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Alieberman wrote:Have we determined yet if Sean Miller can recruit?
HE'S DONE RECRUITING :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Who was it who posted that picture of Miller at a HS game after the Buffalo loss and said you could tell from his face that he'd given up on recruiting and coaching?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
Who was it who posted that picture of Miller at a HS game after the Buffalo loss and said you could tell from his face that he'd given up on recruiting and coaching?
Vitale?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

What the hell? Greg Fuckboy Hansen said Miller stopped recruiting when he was on Phoenix Radio

Way to go Miller
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
StickItInTheyFace

Post by StickItInTheyFace »

PHXCATS wrote:What the hell? Greg Fuckboy Hansen said Miller stopped recruiting when he was on Phoenix Radio
For reference: http://arizonasports.com/story/1443387/ ... ian-bowen/