Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:Miller was cleared by the FBI, and has full support of Heeke and Robbins.

The only matter is that the head coach is responsible for the actions of the assistant coaches due to NCAA rules, but only if Miller should have known.

Can you provide a link for this part?
Not going to look it up, but he was not implicated by the FBI, which I read to mean "cleared".

For one thing, he was not arrested.

The NCAA investigation is completely separate, and is more regarding institutional control. If the NCAA slaps a "show cause" on Miller, then that means he won't be coaching anywhere else either. The NCAA has no legal power whatsoever though, and cannot issue subpoenas or warrants.
That and the U of A would sue the f*** out of the NCAA just like UNC did.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:Miller was cleared by the FBI, and has full support of Heeke and Robbins.

The only matter is that the head coach is responsible for the actions of the assistant coaches due to NCAA rules, but only if Miller should have known.

Not going to look it up, but he was not implicated by the FBI, which I read to mean "cleared".

The NCAA investigation is completely separate, and is more regarding institutional control. If the NCAA slaps a "show cause" on Miller, then that means he won't be coaching anywhere else either. The NCAA has no legal power whatsoever though, and cannot issue subpoenas or warrants.
I believe the info released by the FBI stated that the school and staff were victims but I'll be damned to hell if I'll look that up for Machina.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Thanks. I just took cleared as something different when I read it. Thanks for the clarification
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

As a person who can post things online, I'd like to add to this thread's anti-Miller comments.

My nephew and I ran into Sean Miller at Rincon Market, and I sent the kid over to Miller, who wouldn't give my nephew even two seconds of his time after I stood at the fish counter watching them talk for five minutes and then I ran over and started telling Miller to vary up his defense.

Miller is guilty as sin, and he deserves all the blame for all the ways his program will be punished.

The answer to the problem? Miller needs to pick up the phone now and withdraw from all post-season tournaments this year. Better to make his players and fans suffer now than to bury his head in the sand like all of you.

I hate you. I really, really hate you. I hope you all fall into a trough urinal.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Fucking Preach LH.

Happy Valentines Day!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wow the hank in sb post was bananas!

First time in awhile that live laughed out load! In an elevator with people no less!

Don’t ever stop hank!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:As a person who can post things online, I'd like to add to this thread's anti-Miller comments.

My nephew and I ran into Sean Miller at Rincon Market, and I sent the kid over to Miller, who wouldn't give my nephew even two seconds of his time after I stood at the fish counter watching them talk for five minutes and then I ran over and started telling Miller to vary up his defense.

Miller is guilty as sin, and he deserves all the blame for all the ways his program will be punished.

The answer to the problem? Miller needs to pick up the phone now and withdraw from all post-season tournaments this year. Better to make his players and fans suffer now than to bury his head in the sand like all of you.

I hate you. I really, really hate you. I hope you all fall into a trough urinal.
You left a lot out.

Miller should preemptively castrate himself in the wake of the RR lawsuit. We can't afford a second coach scandal like that, and there's only one way to ensure it doesn't happen.

Miller should institute a booster association hotline behind the bench. To ensure all our booster organizations feel valued, they should be able to ring up Miller at all times and direct his game strategy.

Firing Book wasn't enough to distance ourselves from him. We need to find a way to revoke his citizenship and have him deported to coach Melo and Gelo in order to get the right degree of separation.

We should preempt any NCAA action by imposing the death penalty. It can't get worse than that, so anything less will be interpreted as further contempt for our NCAA overlords.

We should play box and 1 at all times.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

CatHoops wrote:Wed get Luke Walton if Sean left. Sean isn't leaving anytime soon
Because Luke would get fired for bucking ownership when they told him he would have to make sure he had 2 passers (Lebron & Tra Young) for the 3 "Ballers" at L.A. when the Lakers join forces with big baller brand and turn the Lakers into a circus. And then Luke's dad calls all Arizona games!!! :lol:
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

CalStateTempe wrote:Wow the hank in sb post was bananas!

First time in awhile that live laughed out load! In an elevator with people no less!

Don’t ever stop hank!
I'm on it. I work on something tonight.

(I think there are more dead bodies.)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Mills fan (or is it anti-fan) fiction is the best.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Don’t ever stop hank!
Do I get any type of credit or an "attaboy" for flushing out the most moronic post of the year by Hank?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

zonagrad wrote:

Don’t ever stop hank!
Do I get any type of credit or an "attaboy" for flushing out the most moronic post of the year by Hank?
For sure! Zonagrad with a huge assist!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

zonagrad wrote:

Don’t ever stop hank!
Sure, but why didn't you get more rep for that?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
TJATUA wrote:Just noticed that Amy Miller deleted her Twitter account. Any background info into this?
Just weeks away from allergies season.
Just advance notice. If this happens, and we lose Miller and get Pastner, it's highly likely I'll start calling out people who I think took Miller for granted and triggered this. The callouts are going to have so much profanity, I'll run out of cuss words and have to reuse multiple phrases about what a **** your mother is.
You'll have backups.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Hank of sb wrote:
zonagrad wrote:http://tucson.com/sports/greghansen/the ... 8abbb.html

Have a listen to this AZ Daily Star podcast discussing the possibility that Sean Miller leaves Arizona in light of the FBI investigation. Tons of negative speculation. My question is: if Miller is keen to leaving Tucson one step ahead of the NCAA & FBI, why would another school take a chance on him if he did something wrong? And if he didn't do anything wrong, why would Miller be looking to leave? What am I missing?

The overall theme of the discussion is that Miller is unhappy & the program is in a dark place with players not having fun. I don't see deeper meaning. I see a team that knows it is talented but is having trouble putting it all together. In a sense, you're only as strong as your weakest link. And from a personnel standpoint, defense is an issue primarily because of PJC & Dusan.

Maybe I'm being myopic but I see a super intense coach who wants it so bad for his program and his players. And he knows he has a flawed team that has some really talented players and he's trying to make it work.
What are you missing? You are missing a lot.

First, Sean Miller doesn't want it any differently ("so bad") than any other coach that has ever lived. So that says zero.

Second, Miller's flawed team is HIS doing. (See ANY of 97's posts.)

Third, Sean Miller likely is very unhappy. So are many (most?) of the fans. So are his bosses who are wondering what really went down. And he is unhappy because his program has been hit with a bomb. Bodies have been carried out of the wreckage and the program under his leadership will NEVER erase the scars.

All 100% Sean Miller's fault.

Deep down (or is it on the surface?) he knows this. Hence, he may think he has to go. SM is a good coach; he has a system; Pitt is the kind of place he can employ that system....and, more importantly, Pitt will take him.

For sure, SM may be thinking that it's time to go home and bring a championship there............down the road.

There are so many reasons this podcast's speculation makes sense. If Amy wants to go, then a move is in the cards.

Sometimes moving is the right decision. Sometimes 'running' might be best for everyone. Sometimes moving is the easiest way to find comfort.

That said, Heeke needs to know what SM is thinking, and NOW. Heeke needs the chance to react in the quickest way possible.
How does a sUCLA fan know what Arizona fans are thinking?

I am still waiting on a response the photo I posted countering your dispute of the FACT that Ayton had his defender pinned and a free lane to the bucket on Ristic's late shot against Utah.

You honestly do nothing but make yourself look foolish with virtually everything you post... the 3rd member of the Board's Unholy Trinity.

But then again.... You. Are. A. Fucking. Moron.

That's not a crime... I feel sorry for most stupid people. But people that are stupid and arrogant? Awakens my inner evil twin.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Report: Dozens of major programs could be subject to NCAA scrutiny in FBI probe

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... fbi-probe/" target="_blank
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Watch the name calling.

Also, to the snitch who ratted out the name calling, grow the fuck up. This is a message board for adults, sports fans, and, occasionally angry know it all fanatics.

Want a safe space, find a corner and repeat “Sticks and stones”
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

JMarkJohns wrote:Watch the name calling.

Also, to the snitch who ratted out the name calling, grow the fuck up. This is a message board for adults, sports fans, and, occasionally angry know it all fanatics.

Is this about the comparison of Miller to Kevin Ollie? That's the biggest insult I've seen so far.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

My favorite part is saying he would go to Pitt.

That pretty much invalidates all other words in the word thingy
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Is this about the comparison of Miller to Kevin Ollie? That's the biggest insult I've seen so far.
The snitch knows. I made the post mostly for his sake. He wasn’t even the poster called a “fucking moron”...

Don’t report because you’re offended for others.

Save reporting for honest issues, please.

Stream of conscious, real time debates that get heated will happen and sometimes names will get called.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Too funny. :lol:
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

This is all amazing. I'd be willing to bet my life machina is the rat. He would get insulted by something like that. Hence, his little feud with Miller
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:This is all amazing. I'd be willing to bet my life machina is the rat. He would get insulted by something like that. Hence, his little feud with Miller
If Hank reported it, he would have reported ahead of time and requested admins shut the entire site down pronto to make sure we got out ahead of the insults.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Hank has received a lot of crap here but has never complained to the mods about it.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:Hank has received a lot of crap here but has never complained to the mods about it.
Nope. Wasn’t Hank. I’m not saying who. That poster knows.

And now he knows better.

GIJoe
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Machina.

Nothing is more obvious.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

fuck all you ho's
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

97cats wrote:fuck all you ho's

This is a Bear Down Wildcats approved response to things that aren’t life or death!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Great Job today. Way to fight through and make the right adjustments and rotations with PJC being in foul trouble. Way to stick it out. Bear Down coach
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

that was a big road win tonight - six in a row now against ASU and the season sweep gives a two game lead in conf at 11-3.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Miller postgame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFcdgDCG9Fc" target="_blank

Winning Locker Room vs ASU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKoWdvvlZk" target="_blank
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

One of the staff's best coaching jobs this season. Not saying others lacked, but the whole of the team was used. It's just hard to play against a 3 guard press when your 2 becomes your back up 1, and your other wings are not the strongest ball handlers/passers.

As much as PJC is flawed, he is required for us to win.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I love that CSM is putting the success of this team on Ayton's back. I know it's stating the obvious but the fact he recognizes how special a player he has and the fact he could carry this team to a Final Four is a smart move on his part.

He's probably come to a conclusion it's this teams best chance for success and even though he's a freshman he has seen enough to realize Ayton can handle it now.

We bash Miller all the time for his stubbornness on things like not using a zone defense but he deserves credit for going all in with DA carrying the load for this team this year.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EastCoastCat wrote:I love that CSM is putting the success of this team on Ayton's back. I know it's stating the obvious but the fact he recognizes how special a player he has and the fact he could carry this team to a Final Four is a smart move on his part.

He's probably come to a conclusion it's this teams best chance for success and even though he's a freshman he has seen enough to realize Ayton can handle it now.

We bash Miller all the time for his stubbornness on things like not using a zone defense but he deserves credit for going all in with DA carrying the load for this team this year.
I think some of it is designed to pull the best out of Ayton. Ayton's best games have been in big ones where we needed him to bring it. Putting him in the mindset of a catalyst (hopefully) brings out that competitive response all the time.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EVCat wrote:One of the staff's best coaching jobs this season. Not saying others lacked, but the whole of the team was used. It's just hard to play against a 3 guard press when your 2 becomes your back up 1, and your other wings are not the strongest ball handlers/passers.

And this is what people here have rightly said about Cartwright. Nobody said Trier should replace Cartwright at point guard. The argument was that, in games where Cartwright can't defend the point of attack (as when facing Holliday), Akot should get more minutes defending the point while Trier takes over ball handling duties as a necessary evil. But when you're facing teams that play small and can press (as in ASU), you absolutely need Cartwright to avoid what we saw in our opening-round game against Wichita State in 2016.

Arizona found a way to take back control of the game last night in spite of Cartwright's foul trouble, and that was amazing. But there's no way on earth you willingly bench Cartwright in a game against a guard-heavy lineup.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I’m still laughing at LH’s “ Arizona won by pulling asu into the ditch and beating the shit out of them” comment this morning. :lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’m still laughing at LH’s “ Arizona won by pulling asu into the ditch and beating the shit out of them” comment this morning. :lol:
It's all about rebounding. Arizona was in trouble because of turnovers, and the resulting ASU run that was snowballing (I think we got down by 7 points). Then Arizona took the game into the trenches and started clobbering ASU on the boards.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Longhorned wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:I’m still laughing at LH’s “ Arizona won by pulling asu into the ditch and beating the shit out of them” comment this morning. :lol:
It's all about rebounding. Arizona was in trouble because of turnovers, and the resulting ASU run that was snowballing (I think we got down by 7 points). Then Arizona took the game into the trenches and started clobbering ASU on the boards.
I may be wrong, but I believe Ayton had only 1 rebound in the first half (maybe 2). If that was the case then he pulled 15 down in the second half alone.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

MountainCat wrote: I may be wrong, but I believe Ayton had only 1 rebound in the first half (maybe 2). If that was the case then he pulled 15 down in the second half alone.
8 pts, 2 board at halftime
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

dcZONAfan wrote:
MountainCat wrote: I may be wrong, but I believe Ayton had only 1 rebound in the first half (maybe 2). If that was the case then he pulled 15 down in the second half alone.
So he had 17 points and 14 boards in the second half?

".... and with the 1st pick of the 2018 NBA draft........"
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Longhorned wrote:
EVCat wrote:One of the staff's best coaching jobs this season. Not saying others lacked, but the whole of the team was used. It's just hard to play against a 3 guard press when your 2 becomes your back up 1, and your other wings are not the strongest ball handlers/passers.

And this is what people here have rightly said about Cartwright. Nobody said Trier should replace Cartwright at point guard. The argument was that, in games where Cartwright can't defend the point of attack (as when facing Holliday), Akot should get more minutes defending the point while Trier takes over ball handling duties as a necessary evil. But when you're facing teams that play small and can press (as in ASU), you absolutely need Cartwright to avoid what we saw in our opening-round game against Wichita State in 2016.

Arizona found a way to take back control of the game last night in spite of Cartwright's foul trouble, and that was amazing. But there's no way on earth you willingly bench Cartwright in a game against a guard-heavy lineup.
I never disputed that take. In fact, I am in favor of minutes with Trier/Alkins/Akot/Ristic/Ayton in certain situations. Have said as much. But against their guard press, we needed PJC.

That's the point...we can't not have him available. We can try other lineups set to matchups, but we need PJC available. Last night he wasn't, they pounced, and our lack of solid passing/ball handling wings that are battle tested cost us with Trier at the point.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

MountainCat wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
So he had 17 points and 14 boards in the second half?

".... and with the 1st pick of the 2018 NBA draft........"
I really think something clicked with this team last night...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What I’m going to say is not a knock,

If we can get trier and Anton playing like they have been for two full half’s and PJC stays out of foul trouble....look out.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EVCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

I never disputed that take. In fact, I am in favor of minutes with Trier/Alkins/Akot/Ristic/Ayton in certain situations. Have said as much. But against their guard press, we needed PJC.

That's the point...we can't not have him available. We can try other lineups set to matchups, but we need PJC available. Last night he wasn't, they pounced, and our lack of solid passing/ball handling wings that are battle tested cost us with Trier at the point.
Sorry EV - I know your take. I was referring to other takes that frame the PJC question in terms of posters who supposedly advocate benching PJC because Arizona is better without him.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Love seeing Stanley & Nick in the locker room!

#aplayersprogram
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

CalStateTempe wrote:What I’m going to say is not a knock,

If we can get trier and Anton playing like they have been for two full half’s and PJC stays out of foul trouble....look out.
There is no question in my mind that we have the talent to go far. The only question is the desire.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The only question is: Who is Anton?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:I love that CSM is putting the success of this team on Ayton's back. I know it's stating the obvious but the fact he recognizes how special a player he has and the fact he could carry this team to a Final Four is a smart move on his part.

I think some of it is designed to pull the best out of Ayton. Ayton's best games have been in big ones where we needed him to bring it. Putting him in the mindset of a catalyst (hopefully) brings out that competitive response all the time.
Fully agree. For Ayton, the game can be too easy and a little meaningless when compared to the NBA life shortly ahead of him. Miller keeping Ayton challenged and engaged by putting the wins and losses on Ayton... that's good motivation, good coaching.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

NYCat wrote:
Chills.

Deandre, you got the stats, but the effort...as you go we go...

Like I mentioned in another thread I think something clicked last night.

Time to barnstorm Oregon.