Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Sean Miller

Post by CalStateTempe »

Odogg never misses a moment to point out an autocorrect error.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:I love that CSM is putting the success of this team on Ayton's back. I know it's stating the obvious but the fact he recognizes how special a player he has and the fact he could carry this team to a Final Four is a smart move on his part.

He's probably come to a conclusion it's this teams best chance for success and even though he's a freshman he has seen enough to realize Ayton can handle it now.

We bash Miller all the time for his stubbornness on things like not using a zone defense but he deserves credit for going all in with DA carrying the load for this team this year.
I think some of it is designed to pull the best out of Ayton. Ayton's best games have been in big ones where we needed him to bring it. Putting him in the mindset of a catalyst (hopefully) brings out that competitive response all the time.
Fully agree. For Ayton, the game can be too easy and a little meaningless when compared to the NBA life shortly ahead of him. Miller keeping Ayton challenged and engaged by putting the wins and losses on Ayton... that's good motivation, good coaching.
In a perfect world, all players should come in with a mindset that "it's on me to spark the team." When you're as good as Ayton, that attitude has even more power. You can demand Ayton deliver wins because he can meet that demand.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I also think Deandre has the right make-up to handle that kind of leadership pressure, especially in big games. Nothing seems to phase him which is unusual to say about a freshman (and probably harder for CSM to swallow).

Trier, Rawle, Dusan and PJC...not so much. Let them do the things they do best under the enormous wingspan of Mr. Ayton.

When everyone just plays their role this team can play like we saw last night in the first 10 minutes.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

on another note, the Sean Miller Curtain of Distraction ploy was one of the most hilarious things ive ever seen - i rewound it ten times and laughed till i cried...especially when Fran Frachilla said, "hey, come on, come back out" for the second free throw.

lmmfao
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

97cats wrote:on another note, the Sean Miller Curtain of Distraction ploy was one of the most hilarious things ive ever seen - i rewound it ten times and laughed till i cried...especially when Fran Frachilla said, "hey, come on, come back out" for the second free throw.

lmmfao
I didn't see it, anyone have a clip of this?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

EastCoastCat wrote:When everyone just plays their role this team can play like we saw last night in the first 10 minutes.
And Rawle wasn't even playing well. If he's hitting, the lead probably swells to 25 in those first 10 minutes.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Beachcat97 wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:When everyone just plays their role this team can play like we saw last night in the first 10 minutes.
And Rawle wasn't even playing well. If he's hitting, the lead probably swells to 25 in those first 10 minutes.
Here here (or dilly dilly as the kids say these days)

We looked goooood. Just let the game come to them and let it revolve around Ayton....watch out.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Here here (or dilly dilly as the kids say these days)

We looked goooood. Just let the game come to them and let it revolve around Ayton....watch out.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

97cats wrote:on another note, the Sean Miller Curtain of Distraction ploy was one of the most hilarious things ive ever seen - i rewound it ten times and laughed till i cried...especially when Fran Frachilla said, "hey, come on, come back out" for the second free throw.

lmmfao
Yes, that one was pretty good. I think the kid even had soaked his shirt, right? Even looked like Sean a bit. Best thing they've rolled out of there for sure.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Dark slacks, red tie and a soaking wet shirt. He wasn't even focused on the FT shooter. He was jumping up and down looking towards our bench.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Jefe wrote:Dark slacks, red tie and a soaking wet shirt. He wasn't even focused on the FT shooter. He was jumping up and down looking towards our bench.
Mimicking Sean Miller ranting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Gotta give the Scummies credit for that one. My son and I were cracking up. Sean would probably even laugh at that.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

UAEebs86 wrote:Gotta give the Scummies credit for that one. My son and I were cracking up. Sean would probably even laugh at that.

Funny! Would have been fun to see Sean's face when he saw the guy. Would also be a fun question for Sean at press interview or conference.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Gotta give the Scummies credit for that one. My son and I were cracking up. Sean would probably even laugh at that.
Well, to be fair, they gotta be good at somethin'.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:Watch the name calling.

Also, to the snitch who ratted out the name calling, grow the fuck up. This is a message board for adults, sports fans, and, occasionally angry know it all fanatics.

Want a safe space, find a corner and repeat “Sticks and stones”
Is this about the comparison of Miller to Kevin Ollie? That's the biggest insult I've seen so far.
The snitch knows. I made the post mostly for his sake. He wasn’t even the poster called a “fucking moron”...

Don’t report because you’re offended for others.

Save reporting for honest issues, please.

Stream of conscious, real time debates that get heated will happen and sometimes names will get called.

This is the GOAT message board community.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:This is all amazing. I'd be willing to bet my life machina is the rat. He would get insulted by something like that. Hence, his little feud with Miller
If Hank reported it, he would have reported ahead of time and requested admins shut the entire site down pronto to make sure we got out ahead of the insults.
I repeat .... the GOAT message board community.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You know it’s a big game when Sean sweats through his shirt AND his suit coat.

Ventana Dry Cleaners, you the real MVP.....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

This is even better than John Thompson’s towel over the shoulder. I bet someday he’ll get caught smearing Vasoline on his suits to augment the effect as he gets more and more famous.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

lmmfao
I didn’t see it either but would love to.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

lmmfao
ESPN app. ESPN website. Pac12 network. Youtube..............
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

lmmfao
ESPN app. ESPN website. Pac12 network. Youtube..............
Not as easy to find as you make it seem.

It’s cool, PHX. Someone will post it eventually.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I scoured Twitter and couldn’t find it. Sorry folks.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:I scoured Twitter and couldn’t find it. Sorry folks.
I did the same with youtube and Google images. It's gotta turn up at some point.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

lmmfao
Had to go to Frankie Vision's excellent highlight videos because I knew Ayton was shooting free throws. Unfortunately cuts out the Frachilla line.

starts at 3:05 if it doesn't link to the time automatically

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

NYCat wrote:

lmmfao
Had to go to Frankie Vision's excellent highlight videos because I knew Ayton was shooting free throws. Unfortunately cuts out the Frachilla line.

Thanks, NYC!

OMG! Amazing.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You’d think that clip would be all over the @911Crew or @0-6Crew (or whatever they’re called) twitter. What else do they have this season besides that and their non-conference championship banner?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:You’d think that clip would be all over the @911Crew or @0-6Crew (or whatever they’re called) twitter. What else do they have this season besides that and their non-conference championship banner?
The "942 Crew" told Paola Boivin they had it on their twitter feed. I looked through it and saw nothing. They were real proud of the naked MMA guy with the Shake Weight nobody knows who apparently went to ASU though.

I feel dirty now.
-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The 0-6 crew, hilarious Chi.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

JMarkJohns wrote:Watch the name calling.

Also, to the snitch who ratted out the name calling, grow the fuck up. This is a message board for adults, sports fans, and, occasionally angry know it all fanatics.

Want a safe space, find a corner and repeat “Sticks and stones”
My apologies (to everyone but the morons) for being a fucking asshole... there are only 3-4 posters that awaken my inner evil twin, but still not cool.

The World Wide Web can be cathartic because u can turn off the filter u employ in real life.

That said, I’d prefer a direct insult to a passive aggressive purse swat.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

NYCat wrote:

lmmfao

Thank you sir :) quite funny indeed
UAEebs86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:You’d think that clip would be all over the @911Crew or @0-6Crew (or whatever they’re called) twitter. What else do they have this season besides that and their non-conference championship banner?
The "942 Crew" told Paola Boivin they had it on their twitter feed. I looked through it and saw nothing. They were real proud of the naked MMA guy with the Shake Weight nobody knows who apparently went to ASU though.

I feel dirty now.
you should feel dirty ;) :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

97cats

Post by 97cats »

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved
Postby 97cats » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:11 pm

97cats wrote:alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.

if he does, he really is a Witch.
now is later and later is now, now -- we all might be looking down the barrel of the final hurrah, dudes.

only one thing left to do...
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Please be wrong
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

WTF
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

JFC
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Road trip?

In any case, that really sucks.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

97cats wrote:alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.

now is later and later is now, now -- we all might be looking down the barrel of the final hurrah, dudes.

I would like to make an immediate request for the maximum amount of details that are capable of being shared.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Is this why fucking Hansen is writing what feels like an obituary of Arizona basketball
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

NYCat wrote:Is this why fucking Hansen is writing what feels like an obituary of Arizona basketball
Was just about to say this exact thing. I am sure a few people know and its starting to leak out albeit very subtly.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's okay.
ironj01

Post by ironj01 »

C'mon baby ONE TIME...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

back to Win and Vacate?

Can we have a robust game of internet charades? Sounds like "Bin Diet Mint - Him Innate?" Touch nose?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Ah fuck
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

97cats wrote:Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

just come on out and say it already 97 :roll: :lol:

DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Well this is depressing.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

i said earlier in September that I didn’t think Sean Miller would survive the scandal and everything that comes/came with that over the long term, and I still feel that way today.

plus when I hear the phrase(s) “fresh start” and “fatigued” and “stress”, etc. over and over and over again I perk up.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

97cats wrote:i said earlier in September that I didn’t think Sean Miller would survive the scandal and everything that comes/came with that over the long term, and I still feel that way today.

plus when I hear the phrase(s) “fresh start” and “fatigued” and “stress”, etc. over and over and over again I perk up.
Voluntary?

Or heart attack?

Or...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:i said earlier in September that I didn’t think Sean Miller would survive the scandal and everything that comes/came with that over the long term, and I still feel that way today.

Is there new info or is your current inclination an accumulation of the conditions surrounding things this year?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Is there new info or is your current inclination an accumulation of the conditions surrounding things this year?
all the circumstances that you know of are the heaviest, the scandal took a ton of wind from the sails.

I have been told coach Miller on several occasions has alluded to a fresh start being a good thing...all this weighs heavily on it all, including family.

where there is smoke there is usually fire, he won’t leave just to leave, but I get the feeling (as do others I chat with) that this is the last run.