asu's NC run

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Re: asu's NC run

Post by Puerco »

ASU returned to familiar form last night, absolutely dominating in the fourth quarter en route to an inspiring 14 point victory over The Mustangs of Cal Poly. Cal Poly was understandably upset after the game, having seen their own national championship hopes dashed by Sparky and his mighty Sun Devils.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Whoa, hang on there Puerco.

Let's revisit this week at the end of the season. Let's see what looks better when this season is over, ASU's win over FCS Cal Poly (playing their first PAC-12 opponent ever, on the road) or UA's win over Nevada (who have gone to a bowl 9 of the last 10 years) in a true road game.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

catgrad97 wrote:I know DW99 personally, and even I feel this was overdue. There's some irrational hate he needs to deal with outside of this board. Hope he can. The trolling act had worn out its welcome.
It's a Win-Win. He needed more time to stock provisions and reinforce the bunker against the inevitable U.S. Army invasion.
Right where I want to be.
krissyp

Post by krissyp »

I hate myself for having to root for that total POS Bob Davie next week.....
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Does unm run a run first system like cal poly?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

ASUHATER! wrote:Does unm run a run first system like cal poly?
Yes. Very similar in style. It's really the worst type of team to play in OOC because the D has to be very disciplined to cover the option. Not sure who has the better players in that regard Cal Poly or UNM but facing it again the next week probably favors Assu.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

46500 last night

Best home field ever.

Side note, local media is barely covering that game today. Last week there were articles all over.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

NC coming from this group?

Others Receiving Votes:
Temple (2-0) 38; West Virginia (2-0) 37; Mississippi State (1-1) 32; Tennessee (1-1) 30; Toledo (1-0) 29; Kansas State (2-0) 26; Arizona State (1-1) 20; Houston (2-0) 16; Boise State (1-1) 16; NC State (2-0) 14; Florida (2-0) 12; Minnesota (1-1) 9; Arkansas (1-1) 6; Iowa (2-0) 5; California (2-0) 5; Miami (Fla.) (2-0) 3; Stanford (1-1) 3; Virginia Tech (1-1) 2; Western Kentucky (2-0) 2; Duke (2-0) 1
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /72197452/
If he is concerned, you wouldn’t know it. Bercovici is the perpetual optimist and after the game said he saw improvement ahead.

“I felt our offense did a great job,” he said. “(We) had a few minor slip-ups in the red zone, but that is something we can work on and all in all I think we are really excited about every week and that we’re getting better and better.
Failing to convert any score twice on 1st and goal from the 1 against Cal Poly are NOT "minor slip-ups." But hey, the spin is in, in Tempe!
Madonna MicWristbands wrote:Our guys are very capable athletically, we’re just making some mental errors in critical situations. A whole bunch of yards and not a lot of points.

I’m proud of our guys, proud of how they responded. It’s a win. I’ll take all the wins we can get.

All that matters is that you are 1-0 (after the game). Obviously, games like that are catastrophic if they go the other way. When you go and win them, they make you better.
No surprise that Todd Graham failed simple math, like calculating his team's current record.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

LOL, no wonder Graham pulled Kelley for Berco last year. Berco's got the same mentality. 'Hey, we stunk up the joint against an FCS team, but I'm really proud of our effort and we did a great job.'

How can these people even look at themselves in the mirror?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:LOL, no wonder Graham pulled Kelley for Berco last year. Berco's got the same mentality. 'Hey, we stunk up the joint against an FCS team, but I'm really proud of our effort and we did a great job.'

How can these people even look at themselves in the mirror?
I'm pretty sure they just text each other motivational cat posters and thumbs up emojis.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

ASUHATER! wrote:Most people who gloat about how awesome their lives are on an opponent's message board actually do not have great lives
My same thoughts. Who the hell ever boards the internet to say how much better their life is? Especially to argue a point that has nothing to do with them.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

catgrad97 wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /72197452/
Madonna MicWristbands wrote:All that matters is that you are 1-0 (after the game). Obviously, games like that are catastrophic if they go the other way. When you go and win them, they make you better.
No surprise that Todd Graham failed simple math, like calculating his team's current record.
In the post game interview he said the goal every week is to be 1-0. I guess that's one way to look at things. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

:lol:
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The ASU fans at work have been so quiet as of late. Not like 2 weeks ago when I was told to "look out".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Olsondogg wrote:The ASU fans at work have been so quiet as of late. Not like 2 weeks ago when I was told to "look out".
Yeah I haven't heard a peep from the guy in my office who is a second generation alum and season ticket holder, and traveled to Houston to see the implosion.

It's been nice.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

splitsecond wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:The ASU fans at work have been so quiet as of late. Not like 2 weeks ago when I was told to "look out".
Yeah I haven't heard a peep from the guy in my office who is a second generation alum and season ticket holder, and traveled to Houston to see the implosion.

It's been nice.
What will make that better is if they have a mediocre showing against New Mexico and then in the next five games after that lose 3 out of Oregon @Utah Colorado @UCLA and USC. Imagine the meltdowns after a 4-4 start when they all had visions of playoffs And national titles in their heads before the season

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I just like the fact that in the work convo's I've had they :

1.forgot the score from last years Territorial cup.
2. forgot who won the PAC 12 south.
3. forgot who holds the all time matchup record.
4. forgot that they scheduled the same "weak competition" that we played week 1, next year.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

ASUHATER! wrote:
splitsecond wrote:

It's been nice.
What will make that better is if they have a mediocre showing against New Mexico and then in the next five games after that lose 3 out of Oregon @Utah Colorado @UCLA and USC. Imagine the meltdowns after a 4-4 start when they all had visions of playoffs And national titles in their heads before the season
Lose 3? I honestly think there is a real chance they lose 4 and end up with a 3-5 start if they don't figure out how to get guys open in space and stop the run.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Lol. Still delusional.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f53 ... ost3219799

FArting

Late meal before that I got home
Props to the Double Inferno
Bercovici played great in the 2nd half.

We are going to beat USC.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

As others have mentioned, in a way it would be hilarious for gameday to go to Tempe next weekend.

Unless Sarkisian finds a way to blow his squad up in the next week (it's probably about a standing 10% chance each week), it's tough to see how USC doesn't put a beating on ASU.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Lol go Neveda...but TXAM was a great team to lose to.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

My ASU grad school buddies were saying that there was absolutely no gameday hype outside the stadium or along Mill Ave leading up to last night's ASU game. "You couldn't even tell there was a game later." Anyone know how attendance turned out?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CatsbyAZ wrote:My ASU grad school buddies were saying that there was absolutely no gameday hype outside the stadium or along Mill Ave leading up to last night's ASU game. "You couldn't even tell there was a game later." Anyone know how attendance turned out?

FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

ASUHATER! wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:My ASU grad school buddies were saying that there was absolutely no gameday hype outside the stadium or along Mill Ave leading up to last night's ASU game. "You couldn't even tell there was a game later." Anyone know how attendance turned out?
It really looked like much, much less than that.

And I think you guys are underestimating the Steve Sarkisian coaching factor. I think USC wins but its closer than most think.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
It really looked like much, much less than that.

And I think you guys are underestimating the Steve Sarkisian coaching factor. I think USC wins but its closer than most think.
1. That's what matters - how did the attendance look? We know stadiums inflate attendance based on tickets purchased and unsold on the secondary market.

2. For once I'm giving Sark & his crew the benefit of the doubt. They handle Stanford tonight and I fully expect the same treatment against ASU.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASSu would be 0-2 with our schedule.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

This one from the Raunch gave me a chuckle.

Posted by Big Ron on September 19, 15 at 10:46:46:

Hot. Friday night. Triple option team. Stadium no longer a bowl. Crowd of 40,000. It sort of had the feel, of a Texas high school football game. I wonder if Graham had such flashbacks?

OK, Todd. Time to rejoin the PAC-12.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I can't get on the Raunch any more. It's always good when the inevitable melt down happens!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASU dominated the University of New Mexico Lobos. This is a UNM team that only lost at home to Tulsa by 19, so ASU beating them by 24 in Tempe is really a clarion call proclaiming to the rest of the country that ASU has arrived and is firmly in the mix for the 2015 championship.
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

UAdevil wrote:Lol. Still delusional.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f53 ... ost3219799

FArting

Late meal before that I got home
Props to the Double Inferno
Bercovici played great in the 2nd half.

We are going to beat USC.
I'm a regular on that site. He's not a very bright dude. Always thinks ascc is something it's not.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

TJATUA wrote:
I'm a regular on that site. He's not a very bright dude. Always thinks ascc is something it's not.

Yeah, I'm on ASFN too. But under an alias...for my alias. lol.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I can no longer get on Devils digest. The spinning logo just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning...
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

TJATUA wrote:
Isn't he also the one who started a long and hilarious thread about giving money to some 'girl' he 'knew' online and/or over the phone? :lol: