Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Coach Rod

Post by Merkin »

Interesting enough, Larry Smith did retire to Tucson.

Always thought Smith was "this close" to going the next level when he bailed on the team.

Tomey might have done it, but thought the recruits should come to him after the Holiday Bowl victory. Don't blame him though, recruiting is extremely hard work. Homer Smith was really too old to recruit, and just brought in to vamp up the offense.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:RR stays.
Gut call, or declarative statement based on info you have received?

Both.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Merkin wrote:Always thought Smith was "this close" to going the next level when he bailed on the team.
Same here. I think the fans booing the team didn't help him stay, though... that and USC is a hard job to turn down for almost any coach. Missed the Rose Bowl by only a little bit. Tomey and Stoops both did as well. If RR stays I think he might be able to finally break that wall down.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azpenguin wrote:
Merkin wrote:Always thought Smith was "this close" to going the next level when he bailed on the team.
Same here. I think the fans booing the team didn't help him stay, though... that and USC is a hard job to turn down for almost any coach. Missed the Rose Bowl by only a little bit. Tomey and Stoops both did as well. If RR stays I think he might be able to finally break that wall down.
And how exactly that Arizona will break that wall of under RR in this current state that in right now with him with uncertainly. Last season would of been a rose bowl if it wasn't pick first as a playoff berth. If not that wall would of been breach faster than any arizona team or HC in history.
cordera89

Will Rich Rodriguez Leave?

Post by cordera89 »

I think the article said for itself. http://zonazealots.com/2015/11/05/arizo ... rod-leave/" target="_blank
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Both.
Hate to be the one to tell you this Chief but you got some bad info. I'm serious.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
azpenguin wrote:
And how exactly that Arizona will break that wall of under RR in this current state that in right now with him with uncertainly. Last season would of been a rose bowl if it wasn't pick first as a playoff berth. If not that wall would of been breach faster than any arizona team or HC in history.
A runner-up finish in the conference does not count, for fuck's sake. We've done that before - more than once.

An outright conference championship is the only thing that counts. Getting to the 'Rose bowl' on some stupid technicality will not cut it. Not for me.

How about if the Rose Bowl is degraded outside the Big 4 and the 4th place P12 team goes? Would that count, too - in your mind? How about playing at UCLA every other year?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Both.
Hate to be the one to tell you this Chief but you got some bad info. I'm serious.
Are you saying what I think you're saying?

F*ck.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Harvey Specter wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Both.

F*ck.
Remember our conversation last night and we talked about who does that as a parent?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dc4azcats wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Both.

F*ck.
Remember our conversation last night and we talked about who does that as a parent?
A self-absorbed pr*ck who puts himself first?

Like I said... Not like you, me, or anyone I am friends with.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
azpenguin wrote:
A runner-up finish in the conference does not count, for fuck's sake. We've done that before - more than once.

An outright conference championship is the only thing that counts. Getting to the 'Rose bowl' on some stupid technicality will not cut it. Not for me.

How about if the Rose Bowl is degraded outside the Big 4 and the 4th place P12 team goes? Would that count, too - in your mind? How about playing at UCLA every other year?
If the rose bowl wasn't pick a playoff slot in the first year of the playoff, It selection in first year was Rose and Sugar instead of Fiesta and Orange, We would be playing for the Rose Bowl then.

Your last part it wouldn't work. Their no way of a fourth place team that wouldn't made it. That like saying should the Playoff expand too everybody to qualify in Power 5 and Group 5( Conference Champions and at large).
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Harvey, i knew it. I've been around too many of those type in my career and they ALWAYS but themselves first at the expense of family, colleagues, and team. DC love ya man and appreciate your insight into cats football, but I always thought the Idea that RR would stick around for his kid to finish hs was wishful thinking wrt RR. Maybe plausible for another coach, but RR looks out RR first. Arizona was always just a pit stop to rehab his career. I erred in thinking that the pit stop would end with him talkng us to much greater heights than a fluky season and a 5-7 final campaign.

RR walking was confirmed with GBs email.

He is a glorified offensive coordinator, good luck in Appalachia. Watch out for the hill people. The I85 from northwestern NC to eastern Tenn through souther VA is some of the most back woodsy I have ever traveled through on a major interstate.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

F RR. That stands for F#ck him and fire him after saturday
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I mean if RR left Tucson that doesn't mean his family has to leave with him right away. His daughter can continue going to the U of A without her dad being the coach of the football team and his son sure as hell can play his final year at Foothills if he so chooses to do so. It's not as if the Rodriguez family couldn't afford housing in Tucson, while RR gets his ducks in a row in Blacksburg. I don't think it would make him a bad parent to leave for what he sees is a better opportunity for himself. He can still come out for his son's HS graduation and his daughter is free to do whatever she wants to do.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

True choochoo and outside the fanatics on this board the rest of Tucson would give him a pass.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

ChooChooCat wrote:I mean if RR left Tucson that doesn't mean his family has to leave with him right away. His daughter can continue going to the U of A without her dad being the coach of the football team and his son sure as hell can play his final year at Foothills if he so chooses to do so. It's not as if the Rodriguez family couldn't afford housing in Tucson, while RR gets his ducks in a row in Blacksburg. I don't think it would make him a bad parent to leave for what he sees is a better opportunity for himself. He can still come out for his son's HS graduation and his daughter is free to do whatever she wants to do.
Do you have kids? Have they ever played sports? Have you ever commuted where your family was in one city and you were in another city? I can answer yes to all of those and the difference between RR and myself is that I was able to go home every weekend. Once August rolls around he won't see his son play a football game of his senior year unless the bye week falls on a weekend where his son is playing. It might not be a big deal to you but I don't get it as a parent how you do that? You only get one senior year of HS and his biggest supporter won't be there.

It's a tough call as mentioned previously and I guess you can give him props for not ruining the kids senior year of HS but I don't get it as a parent. Would not be surprised if sometime down the road RR comes out and says he regrets it and what he thought was the right thing to do turned out not to be a good decision after all.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Harvey Specter wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

F*ck.

Maybe I'm the one who is looking at this wrong and if that's the case then so be it but I just don't get how you do that as a parent? Obviously in RR's eyes things are that bad and he's making the sacrifice for his family and doing what he has to do?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dc4azcats wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:I mean if RR left Tucson that doesn't mean his family has to leave with him right away. His daughter can continue going to the U of A without her dad being the coach of the football team and his son sure as hell can play his final year at Foothills if he so chooses to do so. It's not as if the Rodriguez family couldn't afford housing in Tucson, while RR gets his ducks in a row in Blacksburg. I don't think it would make him a bad parent to leave for what he sees is a better opportunity for himself. He can still come out for his son's HS graduation and his daughter is free to do whatever she wants to do.
Do you have kids? Have they ever played sports? Have you ever commuted where your family was in one city and you were in another city? I can answer yes to all of those and the difference between RR and myself is that I was able to go home every weekend. Once August rolls around he won't see his son play a football game of his senior year unless the bye week falls on a weekend where his son is playing. It might not be a big deal to you but I don't get it as a parent how you do that? You only get one senior year of HS and his biggest supporter won't be there.

It's a tough call as mentioned previously and I guess you can give him props for not ruining the kids senior year of HS but I don't get it as a parent. Would not be surprised if sometime down the road RR comes out and says he regrets it and what he thought was the right thing to do turned out not to be a good decision after all.
I didn't have my father at home for most of my senior year of HS, because he had job commitments overseas. He missed every football game of my senior year except for my final home game and was able to make it for my graduation. I was able to cope with it and so was he. He's my best friend to this day and I don't hold it against him one bit. I was preconditioned to it at a young age and so are Rich Rod's kids I imagine. Families of football coaches typically have to be. It's definitely an unique lifestyle.

Honestly how many games does Rich Rod get to attend as it is now? Any road game his team has he's already left town on Friday, so it's not as if he gets to see every game as it is.

Oh and I have a one month old son, thanks for asking.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ChooChooCat wrote: I was preconditioned to it at a young age and so are Rich Rod's kids I imagine. Families of football coaches typically have to be. It's definitely an unique lifestyle.
That is true, I imagine 70-80 hour work weeks in season is pretty common, and off season not a whole lot less due to recruiting.

There is a reason Amy Miller goes by abballwidow on Twitter.

All that much props to RR and the misses (and the Millers) to keeping their family close.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

I didn't have my father at home for most of my senior year of HS, because he had job commitments overseas. He missed every football game of my senior year except for my final home game and was able to make it for my graduation. I was able to cope with it and so was he. He's my best friend to this day and I don't hold it against him one bit. I was preconditioned to it at a young age and so are Rich Rod's kids I imagine. Families of football coaches typically have to be. It's definitely an unique lifestyle.

Honestly how many games does Rich Rod get to attend as it is now? Any road game his team has he's already left town on Friday, so it's not as if he gets to see every game as it is.

Congrats on the one month old. I get it, as I said, I've done all those things as well. Flown well over a million miles on domestic and abroad business trips and missed a ton of birthdays and other family events over the years. Difference between me, your father and RR is we had to and RR doesn't have to. Unless of course as I mentioned, that he felt things were so bad here that it was time to move on and if that's truly the case then as a father and husband he has to do what's right for him. My point has been and will continue to be that if I didn't have to do what RR is doing then I wouldn't. I'm sure you know that it's not just about going to his games either. It's breaking down film with his son, being on the sidelines for his Dad's games and talking face to face about everything involved with being a senior and playing QB for your HS team. You obviously don't see it as a big deal and that's fine for you.

My son graduated from the UA last year and played HS hoops for 4 years. He was fortunate to either start or play a lot of minutes for most of those 4 years including winning a state championship and a runner up finish. We can talk about different games to this day and I wouldn't trade that for anything as a parent. You don't get it back and it goes by way to quickly. In no time your one month old will be in HS and you will wonder where the time went?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dc4azcats wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

Congrats on the one month old. I get it, as I said, I've done all those things as well. Flown well over a million miles on domestic and abroad business trips and missed a ton of birthdays and other family events over the years. Difference between me, your father and RR is we had to and RR doesn't have to. Unless of course as I mentioned, that he felt things were so bad here that it was time to move on and if that's truly the case then as a father and husband he has to do what's right for him. My point has been and will continue to be that if I didn't have to do what RR is doing then I wouldn't. I'm sure you know that it's not just about going to his games either. It's breaking down film with his son, being on the sidelines for his Dad's games and talking face to face about everything involved with being a senior and playing QB for your HS team. You obviously don't see it as a big deal and that's fine for you.

My son graduated from the UA last year and played HS hoops for 4 years. He was fortunate to either start or play a lot of minutes for most of those 4 years including winning a state championship and a runner up finish. We can talk about different games to this day and I wouldn't trade that for anything as a parent. You don't get it back and it goes by way to quickly. In no time your one month old will be in HS and you will wonder where the time went?
I'm with you. Every parent/child have their own specific relationship and priorities and I definitely understand your value system when it comes to that. I'm currently fortunate enough to have a career path where I don't have to leave home much at all and I certainly plan on being there for little man every step of the way until he graduates. With that said there are different ways of parenting based on the cards that we're dealt with the bread winner of the house's career path. I definitely agree with you that if RR feels things are stagnant or bad in Tucson then he has a more than valid excuse to go and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

It is what it is and I wouldn't be upset with RR for going. All I ask for is that it happens quick enough for Byrne to react and not leave us screwed in regards to this recruiting class.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

If he leaves I can't pass judgment on the whole Rhett high school thing. I'm not privy to the family dynamics or conversations. If he really badly wants to get back to the east coast then this year is likely his best chance. Would hate to see him go though.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dc4azcats wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

F*ck.

Maybe I'm the one who is looking at this wrong and if that's the case then so be it but I just don't get how you do that as a parent? Obviously in RR's eyes things are that bad and he's making the sacrifice for his family and doing what he has to do?
@dc

I can only speculate. If RR and his family really do not like it here, and have a strong desire to get back closer to friends and family, then I have a different opinion. The 2 jobs that would be most conducive to that end will be open this year, and may not open again before he hangs 'me up... opportunities do not usually show up on our perfect terms.

That said, if his family really hated it here, then why would his daughter have attended UA? She has lived many places and has a family with the means to send here anywhere.

Only he knows his own motivations... If he leaves, I will make my judgement based on the nature of his commentary and the terms of whatever contract he signs.

As for you looking at it wrong.... Everyone SAYS "family comes first" and many people don't really mean it. You don't need someone's words to judge them when we have their actions. I really hope he does not give the obligatory "I have to do what is best for my family" in concert with a pay raise. If it is to be closer to family, I can buy that...

At his income level, a bump in pay is not going to improve his family's prospects... and that goes for all celebrity types. He is not some guy who wants to afford a bigger house so his kids don't have to share a room, or one who will move across country away from family because he aspires to be able to pay for his kids to go to college.

A lot of people make personal sacrifices and move to improve their family's prospects; athletes and coaches making well into 7 figures don't fall into that category when they make a move to chase a buck.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Harvey Specter wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

@dc

I can only speculate. If RR and his family really do not like it here, and have a strong desire to get back closer to friends and family, then I have a different opinion. The 2 jobs that would be most conducive to that end will be open this year, and may not open again before he hangs 'me up... opportunities do not usually show up on our perfect terms.

That said, if his family really hated it here, then why would his daughter have attended UA? She has lived many places and has a family with the means to send here anywhere.

Only he knows his own motivations... If he leaves, I will make my judgement based on the nature of his commentary and the terms of whatever contract he signs.

As for you looking at it wrong.... Everyone SAYS "family comes first" and many people don't really mean it. You don't need someone's words to judge them when we have their actions. I really hope he does not give the obligatory "I have to do what is best for my family" in concert with a pay raise. If it is to be closer to family, I can buy that...

At his income level, a bump in pay is not going to improve his family's prospects... and that goes for all celebrity types. He is not some guy who wants to afford a bigger house so his kids don't have to share a room, or one who will move across country away from family because he aspires to be able to pay for his kids to go to college.

A lot of people make personal sacrifices and move to improve their family's prospects; athletes and coaches making well into 7 figures don't fall into that category when they make a move to chase a buck.
Well said. Agree with everything and like you I will be interested in the details. Was true way back when and it's true today, "you find out more about a person by the way they leave".
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Ditching Casteel?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

still catching up on this, but wow - fishclamps was right, people really are losing their shit. i hope RR stays, for the sake of the program and his family. but whatever the outcome, i hope we will be able to look back at all this and laaaugh in the very near future.

also just out of curiosity: what's rhett's college recruitment situation looking like?
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

This poll might have had some impact. Absent keeping Foster, 75% don't want RR there.

http://virginiatech.sportswar.com/free- ... rodriguez/" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah from a vt fan perspective... A RR hire is a cause for rioting and losing the press conference
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cordera89

Anonymous Pac-12 coach calls out Rich Rodriguez

Post by cordera89 »

Call it what you want, I wondering who was the anonymous PAC 12 that will call out RR because had disappointed season they are having.

"Looked like he had checked out to me," another coach in the league said. "I don't know what's going on with them there. Hard to believe [College] GameDay was there this year. It's a hard job."

I guess someone is thinking RR is going to leave Arizona after a bad season.
CalStateTempe

Re: Anonymous Pac-12 coach calls out Rich Rodriguez

Post by CalStateTempe »

Whoever said that can pound sand. Way to get a dig in at arizonas program cloaked under a criticism for RR.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So RR is still radioactive.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Sonoran Hot Reads: Anonymous Pac-12 coach calls out Rich Rodriguez
Ive discovered over the past month or so that Travis Haney's job at ESPN is to write about coaching searches, and post them as Insider pieces. His latest has an interesting quote from another college coach about Rich Rodriguez:

"Looked like he had checked out to me," another coach in the league said. "I don't know what's going on with them there. Hard to believe [College] GameDay was there this year. It's a hard job."
http://www.azdesertswarm.com/2015/11/6/ ... -rodriguez" target="_blank

I wouldn't doubt coaches are trying to say that to recruits at least. I would want RR to do it against other schools with similar rumors.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I didnt like him when he was hired. I thought he was a jerk and had too much baggage. But that smile when he said "Yeah, I know who Matt Scott is" won me because I knew what he could do with him. 3 bowls later, I have been happy. I mean he took this team to the Fiesta Bowl, that was a dream season last year. I know people always want the Rose but the Fiesta was the Big-12 winner's bowl just a few years back.

What ever happens happens. If something crazy happens and this team does go to a bowl game, I wonder who would be the interm.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Pretty sure it's Dykes.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What about Toad? His team was in the conversation for the playoffs.

Not that's a disappointing season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'd ask for Coach Rod Smith to be interim, since we can keep this thread named the same.

Actually, I thought this thread was about Smith. Seriously, who calls RichRod "Coach Rod"?

Or do they go by Coach Rod and Coach Smith?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I really want to know which PAC 12 coach said this about Arizona and RR. This is getting to the point where no one is respecting Arizona or RR at this point. With all to coaching rumor of him. The mess is getting Misery by the day.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Gilbertcat wrote:Sonoran Hot Reads: Anonymous Pac-12 coach calls out Rich Rodriguez
Ive discovered over the past month or so that Travis Haney's job at ESPN is to write about coaching searches, and post them as Insider pieces. His latest has an interesting quote from another college coach about Rich Rodriguez:

I wouldn't doubt coaches are trying to say that to recruits at least. I would want RR to do it against other schools with similar rumors.
Then hear another anonymous article that will be final tales of Arizona true color.http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/ ... a-football" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Pretty sure the coach that said those things is RichRod.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Olsondogg wrote:Pretty sure the coach that said those things is RichRod.
And please explain why RR would do that to himself.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:Then hear another anonymous article that will be final tales of Arizona true color.http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/ ... a-football" target="_blank
Huh?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:Sonoran Hot Reads: Anonymous Pac-12 coach calls out Rich Rodriguez

Then hear another anonymous article that will be final tales of Arizona true color.http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/ ... a-football" target="_blank
This is f*cking ridiculous and reeks of Arizona Football defeatism.

"Rodriguez proved he could win at the national level last season when he took the Wildcats to the Fiesta Bowl. Just imagine what he can do with a program like Virginia Tech, Miami or his ex-employer, West Virginia."

I can see why WVU or VTU might appeal to RR specifically, but if we were the finalists with both for virtually any other prospective coach, I would expect us to have even-or-better odds of landing him.

I don't look at either and think "National Chmapionship contender..."
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cordera89 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Pretty sure the coach that said those things is RichRod.
And please explain why RR would do that to himself.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

man, who cares who said that? fellow wildcats, please don't allow yourselves to be trolled.

this "story" did not deserve its own thread.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

It doesn't matter if an Article or a story deserve a thread of it own.

If me or someone that follow Arizona Football or RR to that matter, It going to be share with everyone.

Does this article or story trying to tell us something or trying to tell something to RR like hey you cant give up on your team over the massive injury or Don't let the Coaching rumor effect your chances of something bigger than your personal desire.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Gilbertcat wrote:I didnt like him when he was hired. I thought he was a jerk and had too much baggage. But that smile when he said "Yeah, I know who Matt Scott is" won me because I knew what he could do with him. 3 bowls later, I have been happy. I mean he took this team to the Fiesta Bowl, that was a dream season last year. I know people always want the Rose but the Fiesta was the Big-12 winner's bowl just a few years back.

What ever happens happens. If something crazy happens and this team does go to a bowl game, I wonder who would be the interm.
It not going to happen thou, He not going to leave the team over a better job. Even if the team win one of three game, Someone said he doesn't have to leave Arizona, He need a healthy team. So ask this question, Why would he leave this team when he has all of his veteran player coming back on offense and defense.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

At no point in Rich Rod's time here did I not think he was going to jump ship. it was just a matter of time. Never had an issue w rich rods past or personality. He is who he is, hes a football coach, and many are cut from the same cloth.

the LA schools and Oregon going to get the top guys out west, Stanfords been doing their thing for a while, and youre in a dogfight for the scraps with most everyone else in the conference. Minimal HS football talent in state. He would have to be here for quite awhile to gradually chip at the big schools and make the program a brand to where they could compete for the high-level recruits.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Seriously though, stop starting threads on minor things related to the exact same subject.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

rgdeuce wrote:At no point in Rich Rod's time here did I not think he was going to jump ship. it was just a matter of time. Never had an issue w rich rods past or personality. He is who he is, hes a football coach, and many are cut from the same cloth.

the LA schools and Oregon going to get the top guys out west, Stanfords been doing their thing for a while, and youre in a dogfight for the scraps with most everyone else in the conference. Minimal HS football talent in state. He would have to be here for quite awhile to gradually chip at the big schools and make the program a brand to where they could compete for the high-level recruits.
That would be case of why we are recruiting left over but I don't see that as fact. Ok I went back to look at RR four Recruiting classes into think how many good state prospect that he recruiting, Now some of them are not with team apparently, Regardless of how many 2*, 3* and few 4* we fish out of the state Cal, RR has brought in quality but good prospect. USC, UCLA and Oregon can fish out many top rated prospect but it take only one of those guys to say I would play my football for Arizona. Every team can be beaten with or without top rated recruit on a daily basic. We just been hit by several player that were miss or bust or couldn't be patience for playing time or retire due to injury. We don't have to cheat our way of being a brand school like Oregon is. That take time.