ASSU look like clowns

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Catstatic

Re: ASSU look like clowns

Post by Catstatic »

carcassdragger wrote:Glad to see the Scum lose but....

Have to admit, that Scum team showed a lot of heart last night. If we don't improve alot by then, they are going to roll us.

You think? Not saying it won't happen. However, WSU did beat Oregon at their place by a touchdown. Oregon is not very good.

Go Cats!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Catstatic wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Glad to see the Scum lose but....

Have to admit, that Scum team showed a lot of heart last night. If we don't improve alot by then, they are going to roll us.

You think? Not saying it won't happen. However, WSU did beat Oregon at their place by a touchdown. Oregon is not very good.

Go Cats!!
Not sure how anyone can say that the ASU team that played last night would roll anyone. Don't you actually have to play some defense to blow someone out?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Those were two middling teams that made for a very entertaining game.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

azpenguin wrote:Those were two middling teams that made for a very entertaining game.
I agree with this, I just don't think the current level of our defense makes us up to the level of a middling Pac 12 team.

From what I've seen, if we were playing that game last night, it would have ended much earlier due to a bad or early snap, a play with 5 missed tackles, or a badly overthrown ball to an open receiver in a critical situation.

Hope our guys put it all together soon.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

carcassdragger wrote:
azpenguin wrote:Those were two middling teams that made for a very entertaining game.
I agree with this, I just don't think the current level of our defense makes us up to the level of a middling Pac 12 team.

From what I've seen, if we were playing that game last night, it would have ended much earlier due to a bad or early snap, a play with 5 missed tackles, or a badly overthrown ball to an open receiver in a critical situation.

Hope our guys put it all together soon.
All teams make mistakes. Oregon and ASSU were no different last night.

Saying ASU will "roll us" as your take-away from their loss last night at home to an Oregon team that is historically bad on defense and good to fairly mediocre everywhere else is a laughable statement.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Laughable? Really? You did note that ASSU soundly beat UCLA and look what the Bruins did to us?

Hey, I already got my tickets and will be traveling almost five hours to go to the ASSU game! I'm trying to keep the faith brother. But so far, we are not a good team this year. Just a sad fact.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

carcassdragger wrote:Laughable? Really? You did note that ASSU soundly beat UCLA and look what the Bruins did to us?
Ooh, I love this game. Arizona was beaten by UCLA who was beaten by ASU who was beaten by USC who was beaten by Washington who was beaten by Boise State who was beaten by Utah State who was beaten by San Diego State who was beaten by South Alabama who was beaten by Texas State . . . and therefore we should really watch out in case we're paired against currently 2-5 Texas State in the Who Gives a Shit Bowl.
carcassdragger wrote:Hey, I already got my tickets and will be traveling almost five hours to go to the ASSU game! I'm trying to keep the faith brother. But so far, we are not a good team this year. Just a sad fact.
We are a good team this year. Just not a great one. Injuries and some bad play have kept us from being great, but that's no reason to think that because ASU showed "heart" that they are going to steamroll us. Heck, UA showed heart in that game against WSU. Doesn't mean we won or that it has any bearing on the ASU game.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I've seen absolutely nothing for me to think asu would ever steamroll us.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

If anything we could have a similar game with asu that happened last night. Dunno.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oregon is a mirror copy of us, with worse QB play. ASSU sucks clown ass. We will compete and have a good chance in that game if a few guys are healthy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

azcat49 wrote:Oregon is a mirror copy of us, with worse QB play. ASSU sucks clown ass. We will compete and have a good chance in that game if a few guys are healthy
Vernon Adams is worse than Anu?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Oregon is a mirror copy of us, with worse QB play. ASSU sucks clown ass. We will compete and have a good chance in that game if a few guys are healthy
Yep, most of the time.

If Adams played for UA and had the first half he had last night, Randall finishes the game. Adams has the benefit of having no one behind him.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Chicat wrote:
Yep, most of the time.

If Adams played for UA and had the first half he had last night, Randall finishes the game. Adams has the benefit of having no one behind him.
Sounds like an opinion only held by UA fans.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
Yep, most of the time.

Well lets see, Solomon passes for 221 yards a game and has 13 tds and no ints for 62% completion and a 148 qbr.

Adams passes for 233 yards a game and has 10 tds and 3 picks for 58% completion and a qbr of 150.

At worst equal, but considering Solomon had missed time too and is splitting reps with Randall lately... It's nothing crazy to say Solomon is a better qb.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Last nights game looked like a pretty good Mountain West clash.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:
Yep, most of the time.

If you say so. Anu has a better completion percentage (62.4 vs. 58.8). Adams has thrown more interceptions (3 vs. 0) while playing in less games (5 to Anu's 7). QBR is similar (148.8 vs. 150.8). Record for Anu is better.

Is there some metric which has Adams far ahead of Anu but only non-Arizona fans can see it?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Yep, most of the time.

If you say so. Anu has a better completion percentage (62.4 vs. 58.8). Adams has thrown more interceptions (3 vs. 0) while playing in less games (5 to Anu's 7). QBR is similar (148.8 vs. 150.8). Record for Anu is better.

Is there some metric which has Adams far ahead of Anu but only non-Arizona fans can see it?
Convenient you leave out the part where Vernon Adams broke a finger on his throwing hand the opening game against Eastern Washington. last nights game was supposedly his first healthy game since week 1.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Maybe so but I would take Anu every day over Adams. Granted Anu I'd effective only if we have a running game and teams have figured out he just won't tuck it and run so they are crashing the ends everytime. That is,also why Randell has been effective.

Adams is exactly what most thought, a FCS QB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Convenient you leave out the part where Vernon Adams broke a finger on his throwing hand the opening game against Eastern Washington. last nights game was supposedly his first healthy game since week 1.
He looked just fine against Washington, but if you need to convince yourself that your team just got beat by some elite level QB, go for it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And Solomon hasn't been healthy since week 3 or earlier

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Chicat wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Laughable? Really? You did note that ASSU soundly beat UCLA and look what the Bruins did to us?
Ooh, I love this game. Arizona was beaten by UCLA who was beaten by ASU who was beaten by USC who was beaten by Washington who was beaten by Boise State who was beaten by Utah State who was beaten by San Diego State who was beaten by South Alabama who was beaten by Texas State . . . and therefore we should really watch out in case we're paired against currently 2-5 Texas State in the Who Gives a Shit Bowl.
carcassdragger wrote:Hey, I already got my tickets and will be traveling almost five hours to go to the ASSU game! I'm trying to keep the faith brother. But so far, we are not a good team this year. Just a sad fact.
We are a good team this year. Just not a great one. Injuries and some bad play have kept us from being great, but that's no reason to think that because ASU showed "heart" that they are going to steamroll us. Heck, UA showed heart in that game against WSU. Doesn't mean we won or that it has any bearing on the ASU game.
Still think we're a good team this year?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Chicat wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Convenient you leave out the part where Vernon Adams broke a finger on his throwing hand the opening game against Eastern Washington. last nights game was supposedly his first healthy game since week 1.
He looked just fine against Washington, but if you need to convince yourself that your team just got beat by some elite level QB, go for it.
Vernon Adams > Anu Solomon. Still don't agree?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
Vernon Adams > Anu Solomon. Still don't agree?
Nope. Don't agree.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

carcassdragger wrote:Still think we're a good team this year?
Yep.
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Vernon Adams > Anu Solomon. Still don't agree?
Nope.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Still think we're a good team this year?
Yep.
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Vernon Adams > Anu Solomon. Still don't agree?
Nope.
I think Vernon Adams was highly overrated. I'd say he and Solomon are probably comparable when both are at full speed, each with their own advantages, I'll give Anu the nod because he has 2 more years after this one.

As for our team.., imagine what fun we'd have with an ASsU fan wo made that claim with our resume. 2-4 in P12 (wins vs the worst teams in the conference- which have combined for one P-12 win). Had our asses handed to us in 3 of the 4 losses, with 2 of them at the hands of unranked opponents.

I'll cheer every game, but I think you have a pretty liberal definition of a 'good' team.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

at least we know that asu isn't a good team either.

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

So ASU has in order @WSU, Washington, Arizona, and @Cal left. That's a good run of decent enough to teams to trip against. However if they can run the table and win the bowl that's a solid 9-4 recovery and will get the fan base amped for the offseason.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

lol. We better get some white sheets to block our play calls like Oregon.. Seems like cracker is always looking for an edge
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Pac-12 coach: ASU's signal stealing should be investigated
Fighting to reach bowl eligibility, ASU (4-4, 2-3 Pac-12) visits Washington State on Saturday. Cougars coach Mike Leach said the Sun Devils' methods should be investigated.

"I mean, you've got two straight schools with concerns over it, back-to-back, and they have a reputation for it that extends beyond that,'' Leach told The Spokesman-Review. "The conference probably ought to investigate them and see what they're doing, make sure nothing is illegal."
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /75066390/" target="_blank
Scummy Dick Douglas

"It's our job to ensure that our signals are indecipherable," Whittingham told Salt Lake Tribune."It's not their job to look the other way."
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm not aware of any NCAA rule that says stealing signs is illegal.
Scummy Dick Douglas

azgreg wrote:I'm not aware of any NCAA rule that says stealing signs is illegal.
Its not illegal, and its not "stealing"- its "deciphering". When most college teams are sending in the play calls via big colored picture boards, you would be crazy to think most teams don't try to detect patterns.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

As long as you're getting the same view as the rest of the field it's not illegal. Now if they were using someone up in the stands or something then there might be a problem. But if you're using signals that can be figured out easily enough, you need to change your signaling. True in any sport.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Entertaining comments from SunDevilSource poster on the Scout Network:

"There is something about the way CTG speaks that reminds me so much of an ex-friend of mine that was the biggest "blowhard" I have ever met. This guy claimed he played pro baseball yet no record of him ever playing existed. You can find records of anyone that played any level of pro baseball going way back to the early 1900's. He claimed that he was "business partners" with several prominent athletes that played for the Diamondbacks, Suns, Cardinals, etc. It was basically all a ploy to be overheard at the local bar when there were attractive women around so he could attempt to get laid. I still love CTG, but his voice inflection and braggadociouis attitude makes my stomach churn thinking of the blowhard I used to hang out with."

Maybe not so practically applicable to CTG, but definitely his fired kid. :lol:
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

84Cat wrote:
In baseball, if you're going out of your way to steal signs, there are ways of dealing with the opponent: the catcher firmly holds his fist down for the pitch signal and a mid-90 mph fastball is then directed at the upper torso of the opponent. Or you pull a Chase Utley going into second to break up a double play. There are aspects to the game where the unwritten rules apply. It's one thing to be observant, it's another to be blatantly trying to steal signs. And there are ways of dealing with that.

In football, the simple solution is to allow ASU to steal a sign or two. And then when you need to, let them think they've stolen the sign for a critical play....only to have an alternative sign in place. And simply be better at concealing your signs.

BTW, is it any surprise that ASU is on the dirty end of this argument? Devil fans will argue and justify their coach's actions. It's still bush league and screams, "We aren't good enough to beat you so we're gonna pull any type of crap possible to win." So...typical ASU.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

carolinacat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
In baseball, if you're going out of your way to steal signs, there are ways of dealing with the opponent: the catcher firmly holds his fist down for the pitch signal and a mid-90 mph fastball is then directed at the upper torso of the opponent. Or you pull a Chase Utley going into second to break up a double play. There are aspects to the game where the unwritten rules apply. It's one thing to be observant, it's another to be blatantly trying to steal signs. And there are ways of dealing with that.

In football, the simple solution is to allow ASU to steal a sign or two. And then when you need to, let them think they've stolen the sign for a critical play....only to have an alternative sign in place. And simply be better at concealing your signs.

BTW, is it any surprise that ASU is on the dirty end of this argument? Devil fans will argue and justify their coach's actions. It's still bush league and screams, "We aren't good enough to beat you so we're gonna pull any type of crap possible to win." So...typical ASU.
Please... Nobody hates ASU or Graham more than me,

It's part of the game, and if a staff is not 'diligent' I. Trying to steal signals they are doing something wrong. This isn't golf...
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

carolinacat wrote:In football, the simple solution is to allow ASU to steal a sign or two. And then when you need to, let them think they've stolen the sign for a critical play....only to have an alternative sign in place.
Dude we can't even play defense.

And you want us to get into counter intelligence?
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Judging by the challenge it appears to be just to get our center to snap the ball cleanly to our QB, no. Counter intelligence probably isn't in the cards.

As limited as our team appears this year, I don't understand why we play so damn conservative and predictable. If your opponent has a talent advantage, the best way to level the playing field is to keep them guessing on what you're going to do.
Scummy Dick Douglas

carolinacat wrote:
84Cat wrote:

Kyle Whittingham: "Absolutely it's part of the game," Whittingham said. "The onus falls on the guys doing the signaling. It's not the other guy's job to look the other way. It is the job of the team doing the signaling that have signals that are complex enough that they don't get picked off. If they are, you have to have a Plan B. Our Plan B was going to a huddle."

Jim Mora: "I think Arizona State just plays the game, and I think they do it really well," Mora said. "... It's no different than reading someone's stance or formation. It's a tactical clue. I think Oregon recognized that and did a heck of a job trying to disguise it. I credit Arizona State, really, for forcing a team to go to the lengths that Oregon went to. It's a credit to both of those staffs. It's pretty cool, actually."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... al-signals
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

carolinacat wrote:As limited as our team appears this year, I don't understand why we play so damn conservative and predictable. If your opponent has a talent advantage, the best way to level the playing field is to keep them guessing on what you're going to do.
If you can find a way inception style to tell that to Jeff Casteel three years ago, I would suggest doing that.

Now? Ummmm, we're pretty fucked. We're not at the point right now where we're trying to squeeze points at the margin to get the win. We're just trying to not give up half a hundo.

Which we're 50/50 to fail at.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Oregon is more talented and bigger than we are, at almost every position. Oregon would shred us if we played them this year.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
Oregon is more talented and bigger than we are, at almost every position. Oregon would shred us if we played them this year.
We'd tear apart their awful defense as well. Would be another 45-42 kinda game.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

And WSU takes the lead.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

SCCats wrote:Dark, dark, dark, dark horse national title contender.

(One dark for every loss...and counting)
Dark, dark, dark, dark, dark horse national title contender.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/official-se ... ps-on-him/" target="_blank

Official seeks $123,000 after ASU mascot jumps on him
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

SCCats wrote:
SCCats wrote:Dark, dark, dark, dark horse national title contender.

(One dark for every loss...and counting)
Dark, dark, dark, dark, dark horse national title contender.
Dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, dark horse national title contender.

For any of you ASU fans reading the board, I've got my fingers crossed for you in regards to making the playoff. We'll see how it goes. Stay strong.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

lol
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Report: 2 ASU football players facing burglary charges

http://www.azfamily.com/story/30751436/ ... ry-charges" target="_blank
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

"This brings the number of sun devil football players arrested This year to 4". Man, the circus is filling up. Cue the circus music