Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Coach Rod

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:Are you implying that RR hasn't made it abundantly obvious that he is interested in other opportunities, Hater? Because that'd be a really, really foolish position to take. Wouldn't it?
He has been mildly interested in one opportunity that he turned down. And was open and honest about it. So no, nothing foolish. What's foolish is still being upset about him interviewing for one job he rejected in four years. That's some butthurt idiocy.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I just don't think anyone would be surprised if he leaves for greener pastures next year if he can turn things around. He did dump his drinking buddy Casteel. He could have just coasted his UA career like Tomey did if he wanted too.

Seems he would rather be at a football school than a basketball school.

I get the exact opposite impression from CSM, who I think would love to finish his career at the UA, but his issues with the PAC are well known and as 97 alluded to yesterday, he is already fed up with them.
Salty

Post by Salty »

He only interviewed at South Carolina, true. A school which is a step down from Arizona.

But he wanted to be interviewed for VT, Louisville, Miami, Tennessee, etc, etc, etc. The mutual interest just wasn't there.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Who here doesn't want to be interviewed for a bigger and better job? Raise your hand.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Merkin wrote:I just don't think anyone would be surprised if he leaves for greener pastures next year if he can turn things around. He did dump his drinking buddy Casteel. He could have just coasted his UA career like Tomey did if he wanted too.

Seems he would rather be at a football school than a basketball school.

I get the exact opposite impression from CSM, who I think would love to finish his career at the UA, but his issues with the PAC are well known and as 97 alluded to yesterday, he is already fed up with them.
If the frustration with the Pac 12 isn't universal among basketball coaches, it's damn near universal. At some point push will come to shove and CSM will get what he wants. The Pac isn't going to screw with it's meal ticket, especially if Altman and Alford side with Miller - which they more than likely do.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I don't think he leaves while his kid is playing for Arizona, but if he can consistently be successful, I do think he's gone at the first step up after that.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:

Looks like the Stoops brothers both are maintaining homes in Tucson. Although I think Mike's Hooters Ex is in one.

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

The Mike Stoops house is actually currently on the sale market. Rich Rod lives up the street from me and has a much nicer house for what its worth.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I always enjoy Merk's public records searches.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

gronk4heisman wrote:The Mike Stoops house is actually currently on the sale market. Rich Rod lives up the street from me and has a much nicer house for what its worth.
Zillow listing http://u.zillow.com/pZQjP/" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If I remember right, Lute's has a better view.

From pictures, not that I have ever been there.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Sports Guys with Coach Rod. Lots of great stuff!

Part 1

Part 2
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Sage&Silver wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:The Mike Stoops house is actually currently on the sale market. Rich Rod lives up the street from me and has a much nicer house for what its worth.
Zillow listing http://u.zillow.com/pZQjP/" target="_blank
Mike's house closed recently. A friend of mine bought it. It's north of Mehl Park/The J on Alvernon.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I don't know how the hell RichRod expects to ever improve recruiting if he can't get guys into the NFL.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

splitsecond wrote:I don't know how the hell RichRod expects to ever improve recruiting if he can't get guys into the NFL.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Chicat wrote:
splitsecond wrote:I don't know how the hell RichRod expects to ever improve recruiting if he can't get guys into the NFL.
Maybe if all of our pro prospects didn't leave early, they'd be getting drafted higher.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Don't get me wrong. I like RichRod. I like his offense. I like him as a person, and I think he fits the school in that regard really well.

Bur right now we have the worst APR in the Pac-12 and we can't get guys into the NFL. I am not sure I would want my own kid coming here with those kind of stats.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

splitsecond wrote:Don't get me wrong. I like RichRod. I like his offense. I like him as a person, and I think he fits the school in that regard really well.

Bur right now we have the worst APR in the Pac-12 and we can't get guys into the NFL. I am not sure I would want my own kid coming here with those kind of stats.
Apr applies like 3 years ago.

Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

ASUHATER! wrote:
splitsecond wrote:Don't get me wrong. I like RichRod. I like his offense. I like him as a person, and I think he fits the school in that regard really well.

Apr applies like 3 years ago.
It wasn't the rolling average that was lowest in the PAC, it was the single year score for academic year 2014-2015 that placed last in the conference. 916 for '14-'15. The four year average had been in the 960's, now it is 955.

RichRod's first year at UA, the football teams' single year score was 980, top in the PAC and the four year average was 5th overall.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Maybe if all of our pro prospects didn't leave early, they'd be getting drafted higher.
And who exactly would that be? I'll be interested to see who you put into that category...

The current staff gets a pass through this season. RR's first class were seniors this year, and he had to pull it together in a month or 2.

But the "Blame Mike Stoops for the cupboard being bare" crowd does not get to play that card moving forward.

I don't think we'll see a marked improvement in guys getting drafted for a while. Stoops did not bring in much bonafide NFL talent, but at least we had some vs. none. Maybe the class of '17 will turn the tide. The APR scores aren't exactly inspiring, either.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Mon May 02, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Harvey Specter wrote:put the "Blame Mike Stoops for the cupboard being bear" crowd does not get to pla that card moving forward.
Sure got tired of hearing Stoops needs 5 years since Mackovic left the cupboard bare.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Unless something drastically changes with new Defensive coaching staff, number of players actually recruited by RR and his schemes, both Offense and Defense will be in lower numbers.

At least going back to 2001 and his FBS head coaching start. Not surprising that the first couple of actual players RR and staff recruited (not inherited) were defensive players.

Counter-intuitive perhaps thinking about RR's offensive reputation. Highlights his "tweeners" and mid-major - high mid major recruits he has targeted and landed (with exceptions) in his career so far.

He has recruited some offensive players that got drafted in the past. Most are OL's, handful of skill players and just one QB drafted as a QB.

Actually most of the players he's actually recruited, not inherited and drafted have been defensive players. odd as that sounds.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:put the "Blame Mike Stoops for the cupboard being bear" crowd does not get to pla that card moving forward.
Sure got tired of hearing Stoops needs 5 years since Mackovic left the cupboard bare.
Next season is year 5 of the current regime...
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Merkin wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Looks like the Stoops brothers both are maintaining homes in Tucson. Although I think Mike's Hooters Ex is in one.

How did no one notice that there is a Bob Stoops listed with a mobile home at the bottom of that list?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

splitsecond wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Chicat wrote:

How did no one notice that there is a Bob Stoops listed with a mobile home at the bottom of that list?
Someone needs to forward this to Shaggy Bevo. :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
Was Pastner invited?

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Coach Rod talking offense with the Solid Verbal Podcast.

You want offense? We've got offense.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RichRod with the guns...
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Liked the western themed videos much better. Like one poster said, looks more fitting for USC.

v.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

That one was really bad. Ugh.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Puerco wrote:That one was really bad. Ugh.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Haha, big video guru guy and RR fan but man that was rough
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Who the F is he trying to be? Larry Smith?? LOL
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Someone should be fired for making that video. It was so awful, honestly I can not believe they posted that. Thats two years in a row we have had absolutely horrible videos.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Newportcat wrote:Someone should be fired for making that video. It was so awful, honestly I can not believe they posted that. Thats two years in a row we have had absolutely horrible videos.
Yet it hasn't hurt recruiting and people forget about them almost immediately. There's literally no downside to them so...stop bitching? Or make a better one yourself if it bothers you so much?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Newportcat wrote:Someone should be fired for making that video. It was so awful, honestly I can not believe they posted that. Thats two years in a row we have had absolutely horrible videos.
Yet it hasn't hurt recruiting and people forget about them almost immediately. There's literally no downside to them so...stop bitching? Or make a better one yourself if it bothers you so much?
He's not allowed to have an opinion?
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

ASUHATER! wrote:
I'm with Newport. If I were a player at ASU, I'd be screen capturing those clips of Anu in Gladiator garb and post it all over social media. It's just so cringe-y. If I had access to someone in the video department there, I'd love to offer some help. It's pretty embarrassing.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

You guys are missing the point if you think the videos are supposed to be anything but goofy.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:You guys are missing the point if you think the videos are supposed to be anything but goofy.
Exactly. They are supposed to be goofy and cheesy. But people take them so seriously and for some reason are personally offended. Some people on this board are just too full of themselves.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
He's not allowed to have an opinion?
HATER has spoken. We should probably go ahead and lock the thread now.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Of course he's allowed to have an opinion. A completely misguided, idiotic and wrong opinion, but it's obviously allowed.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hater, why don't you take a break? You don't have to be an asshole every day of your life.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:Hater, why don't you take a break? You don't have to be an asshole every day of your life.
At no point was I an asshole. Only assholery around this thread are people whining about a cheesy video like it's a death penalty on the football program.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

What the hell are you talking about, Hater? You see a video and most people will think it's either good or bad. I saw the video and thought it was bad. That's hardly whining. It's called having an opinion, which is no different than you having an opinion about other people having an opinion. It's typically what people do on internet forums: express their opinions.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I'm thinking we need to give Hater a break. I'm not sure, but I think he's probably still in high school or just out. Right?

If so, it's good to have his fandom here.

Oh, and I like the videos. Kind of Hokey and the Western themed ones were better though.
Last edited by Carcassdragger on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion