Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Coach Rod

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Well he hits twitter to drive perception down and motivate people to not support the program. The very definition of a program cancer but hey, its a free country.

Drive perception down? RR does that him to himself. RR motivates me to not support his program. I am tired of it already.
I think this is what you meant. Most of us aren't so mad at RR that we don't support Arizona football.

There may come a day when we have to part ways with RR, but I pity the fan who has checked out already. We've had no scandal or big time misconduct. We're in a bowl. I get wanting to be better than that, but I don't get acting like a spoiled child in demanding more.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Chief. Not trying to mean this as disrespect, but it honestly seems like there is a sense of personal vendetta against RR because of your change in tone. If I remember from the last board, you were excited about RR and connected to the program, but at some point it changed, even when we had some success the Fiesta Bowl year. If he is fired next year, will you reveal what happened? I am honestly curious.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

btfd16 wrote:Chief. Not trying to mean this as disrespect, but it honestly seems like there is a sense of personal vendetta against RR because of your change in tone. If I remember from the last board, you were excited about RR and connected to the program, but at some point it changed, even when we had some success the Fiesta Bowl year. If he is fired next year, will you reveal what happened? I am honestly curious.

I was ok with his hire until I watched Casteel's defense and couldn't believe that he was getting paid to be a DC. I actually wasn't connected to the program until later and that's when I heard all of the crap going on behind the scenes. From special team's decisions to all the recruiting fiascos told by HS coaches who I knew/know. I have to keep quiet about a lot of stuff because yall would think I was sabotaging the program. One day I might just write a book. Who knows.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:Chief. Not trying to mean this as disrespect, but it honestly seems like there is a sense of personal vendetta against RR because of your change in tone. If I remember from the last board, you were excited about RR and connected to the program, but at some point it changed, even when we had some success the Fiesta Bowl year. If he is fired next year, will you reveal what happened? I am honestly curious.

I was ok with his hire until I watched Casteel's defense and couldn't believe that he was getting paid to be a DC. I actually wasn't connected to the program until later and that's when I heard all of the crap going on behind the scenes. From special team's decisions to all the recruiting fiascos told by HS coaches who I knew/know. I have to keep quiet about a lot of stuff because yall would think I was sabotaging the program. One day I might just write a book. Who knows.
5 and Out?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

5 and Out?

Ocean Front Property in Arizona
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Truth is never sabotage. If you have actual knowledge of wrong doing in the program you have a responsibility to speak out. Take it to the AD and if they don't want to listen use your platform as the supplier of content for local pundits to get the information to the public.

We are already involved in an FBI investigation, I can guarantee if you have hard, accurate information people want to listen.

On the other hand, if all you have is rumor, speculation, and dissatisfaction with the head coach then it sounds like perfect fodder for your twitter account. Good luck with it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ANGCatFan wrote:Truth is never sabotage. If you have actual knowledge of wrong doing in the program you have a responsibility to speak out. Take it to the AD and if they don't want to listen use your platform as the supplier of content for local pundits to get the information to the public.

We are already involved in an FBI investigation, I can guarantee if you have hard, accurate information people want to listen.

On the other hand, if all you have is rumor, speculation, and dissatisfaction with the head coach then it sounds like perfect fodder for your twitter account. Good luck with it.

Ang....I know how it works. :lol:
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Based on your posts you don't.
chiefzona wrote: I have to keep quiet about a lot of stuff because yall would think I was sabotaging the program. One day I might just write a book. Who knows.
chiefzona wrote:I honestly don't give this board my 100% at all. Reason being is that it has been brought to my attention multiple times that pundits and people with clout have been using this board to monitor me and parrot or pass on some things that I have posted here. Since then, I completely water down my posts here. I give my all on Twitter and am more comfortable on there. So, I probably won't be on here for much longer. I'm tired of my info being used as a basis for some of their content.
If it is wrong, speak up. If it is just a difference of opinion or style don't make it sound like you have some big secret knowledge that pundits are lurking around here to steal.

But the twitter idea sounds great. I wish you luck. You will have to work hard to get kicked off twitter.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

chiefzona wrote:I honestly don't give this board my 100% at all. Reason being is that it has been brought to my attention multiple times that pundits and people with clout have been using this board to monitor me and parrot or pass on some things that I have posted here. Since then, I completely water down my posts here. I give my all on Twitter and am more comfortable on there. So, I probably won't be on here for much longer. I'm tired of my info being used as a basis for some of their content. So, I apologize to all of you on this board for not giving 100%. I'm intense, and very passionate about football. It's a large part of my life and always has been. I was raised by a football coach and mentored by high profile coaches and football people. I love attention to detail and hate mediocrity. RR has failed in many things in which I find important in a coach. He hasn't taken the job seriously and in my opinion has taken a salary in which he doesn't earn. That's the travesty here in my eyes. I don't trust him nor respect him. There you have it. If I don't see or hear from any of you before Christmas, let me just say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and every one of you. Even to you, Cordy. Peace.
Wait, people steal your information on this forum, but dont/arent going to do the same on Twitter? That entire excuse just doesnt make any sense. But, whatever.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Such a load of bullsh*t. He had never given any info that wasn't known before it hit this board.

Such a cancer. Sour grapes and all. I am fine with RR being canned and the criticism of his recruiting, coaching and anything program related but the more this blow hard talks in trying to undermine the program (and he does all the time in many media formats) the more I will support RR and call his BS out.

Misery loves company and his band of HS coaches who thought they had a kid that should have been recruited but didn't and blame RR have their mouthpiece in Chief. I don't trust Chief nor respect him, especially for the way he goes about his cancerous ways
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azcat49 wrote:Such a load of bullsh*t. He had never given any info that wasn't known before it hit this board.

Such a cancer. Sour grapes and all. I am fine with RR being canned and the criticism of his recruiting, coaching and anything program related but the more this blow hard talks in trying to undermine the program (and he does all the time in many media formats) the more I will support RR and call his BS out.

Misery loves company and his band of HS coaches who thought they had a kid that should have been recruited but didn't and blame RR have their mouthpiece in Chief. I don't trust Chief nor respect him, especially for the way he goes about his cancerous ways

I'm with you azcat. I think Chief is so full of it his eyes are brown and the only thing he's passionate about is himself. I have thought all along that his dislike for RR is purely personal. I figure RR must have snubbed him or some of his recruits and he got all butt hurt over it. I simply use him for entertainment. I think he's funny and he makes me laugh. Yea and people are coming here and monitoring him and stealing his stuff. LOL
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

What do we have to do to leave him in Santa Clara
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ASUHATER! wrote:What do we have to do to leave him in Santa Clara
Live in an alternate reality?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I am a full force critic now. I’m done. Seeing our star LB being Tony Fields and seeing his size on tv vs an SEC LB.... can’t recruit. Can’t play D. What I would give for a Marquis Flowers sized LB again... or a corner who could tackle. Remember when our problem was Shaq?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Thinking about the argument that “Arizona can’t be that good” for me thinking. There is no reason we shouldn’t at least be on par with the Louisville’s of recent Petrino/Strong years.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Arizona not prepared to play on national TV under RR. I’m shocked, shocked!
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

"Big Game RR"
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

OSUCat wrote:Arizona not prepared to play on national TV under RR. I’m shocked, shocked!
Speak to soon?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

btfd16 wrote:I am a full force critic now. I’m done.
@OldTakesExposed
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

whatisee wrote:
OSUCat wrote:Arizona not prepared to play on national TV under RR. I’m shocked, shocked!
Speak to soon?
They ARN'T prepared that the thing. If they were they'd be smoking this team.
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:
whatisee wrote:
Speak to soon?
They ARN'T prepared that the thing. If they were they'd be smoking this team.
Exactly. It took 35 minutes for them to get Purdue figured out. Should have started like this.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I am even more convinced after tonight that RR should be sent packing.

We have a good team, with shitty coaching at the top.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

CalStateTempe wrote:I am even more convinced after tonight that RR should be sent packing.

:lol:

You’ve been flapping your jaw all year. Everyone knows where you stand bro
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

whatisee wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:I am even more convinced after tonight that RR should be sent packing.

Not sure what this bs means
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Don't let him on the plane
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

whatisee wrote:

Where do you stand? Defending an indefensible trash fire as coach?

whatisee

Post by whatisee »

scumdevils86 wrote:
whatisee wrote:

What’s so hard to understand nutball? You guys are certifiable.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

whatisee wrote:

What? We have talent on D that showed up tonight and a stud QB, and a shit for brains coach?

I don't really see the discordance there, but then again, I assume other people understand nuance. My mistake in your case.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

whatisee wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Go celebrate the loss with the true rr believers elsewhere.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Extend him for life. We'll never get better or so I'm told repeatedly on this forum.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

ASUHATER! wrote:
whatisee wrote:

I stand in the corner that thinks you’re unhinged. See you next year with Rich Rod and a good group of recruits.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I think the score about speaks for talent coached by a has been.

Thats what I would expect.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

whatisee wrote:
Speak to soon?
Nope. The first half still happened, and the team wasn’t ready. Announcers questioning if Arizona really wanted to be there.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

whatisee wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Every time some blowhard gets his point pushed back on him, this is his response: You guys are all crazy.

No, pal. You were just loudly, foolishly wrong.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Even after we took the lead, I knew the defense wouldn’t hold. Just pieces of talent we have that are poorly coached by RR and Co.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

What I See embraces mediocrity in life.

I cringe at mediocre. RR is mediocre.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

whatisee wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
whatisee wrote:

I stand in the corner that thinks you’re unhinged. See you next year with Rich Rod and a good group of recruits.
So you have no defense. Our "good group of recruits" that is ranked #55 in the country?

At this point you're not even trying to be serious.

WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Tate is great and all, but all he did is prolong the inevitable canning of RR at some point.
prh

Post by prh »

I’m tired of hearing about the bright future on D cause of these freshman. Guess what, we play 5 freshman cause we are devoid of talent. And they play every play cause we’re devoid of depth. So they should be able to put up stats that look great compared to freshman elsewhere in actual rotations. That big positive is because of a crater sized hole on defense.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

prh wrote:I’m tired of hearing about the bright future on D cause of these freshman. Guess what, we play 5 freshman cause we are devoid of talent. And they play every play cause we’re devoid of depth. So they should be able to put up stats that look great compared to freshman elsewhere in actual rotations. That big positive is because of a crater sized hole on defense.
Yup. We've heard those excuses for like 4 years now..at some point it just means we have no depth or talent.

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

All time low season ticket sales next season. And I understand why.

I don’t think RR is a good head coach. Might be a great OC, but his in game management is one of the worse. As I said in the game thread, I doubt players listen to him at all during the game. Let alone the constant brain farts in tight games. Timeout on the 4th down? Turned out to be a mistake.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

WildcatStunner wrote:Tate is great and all, but all he did is prolong the inevitable canning of RR at some point.
Honestly as thankful as I am for his presence I am deeply upset that he saved RR's job.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

OSUCat wrote:All time low season ticket sales next season. And I understand why.
35K average.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

ChooChooCat wrote:
OSUCat wrote:All time low season ticket sales next season. And I understand why.
35K average.
Marked
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

whatisee wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
whatisee wrote:

Ranked 8th out of 12 in the Conference (and 40th nationally) currently, and highly unlikely to finish better than 9th when all is said and done.

Just because your kids score in the 25th percentile on their standardized tests does not make that achievement "good".

Are you this sycophantic at work? (Look it up in the dictionary... it's actually a real word).
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

whatisee wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
35K average.
Marked
Which of the 3 losses in our last 4 games, allagainst mediocre-at-best opponents, do you think will be what drives the fan base to rush out for season tickets in 2018?
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Not going to put this loss 100% squarely on RR as there were some execution issues, but holy cow does this guy suck in big games.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Big Game Rich
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

TatetheGreat wrote:Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
I concur.