Jedd Fisch- Traveling Used Car Salesman / Coach For Hire

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

OSUCat

Re: Jedd Fisch

Post by OSUCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:29 am Outside of his own mind? He's a big old nobody. As azcat49 said, he's a hanger on. He's befriended a few parents of players over the years (probably by promising good press and an in with the coaches) and then called himself an "insider".
What I remember most of him is that you couldn’t find a bigger Sumlin/Mazzone supporter that first year or two. Then he switch hard and then would post a lot of “ I told you so.” If Fisch starts winning, he would switch hard again and tell everyone “I told you so” again.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Does whatever serves HIS interest and has no credibility beyond that. Certainly not unbiased in any shape or form. Knows something about football but is overshadowed by personal and temperament flaws.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Threw out ceremonial first pitch at UofA Softball game today. I wish him well, but I’m still quite dubious. (Amazingly, Robbins wasn’t there telling him how to throw).
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Merkin wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:51 pm Twitter wars!
Wow. Even Scheer is obsessed with chief. Chief lives rent free in a lot of people's heads. Amazing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Tatanka wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:10 pm
Wow. Even Scheer is obsessed with chief. Chief lives rent free in a lot of people's heads. Amazing.
Who goes on a message board to talk about themselves like this? So weird
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

ASUHATER! wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:34 pm
Better question. Who goes on a message board where chief hasn't been on in years and still talks about chief? That to me is amazing.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tatanka wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:38 pm
ASUHATER! wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:34 pm
Better question. Who goes on a message board where chief hasn't been on in years and still talks about chief? That to me is amazing.
Ok I think this has about run its course.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I am not sure if he thinks it is funny and cute or has serious mental issues. You want to post here, cool, no issue there. Don't pretend you aren't who everyone knows you are. You talk a lot of weird conspiracy theories and have constant negativity around you, but own it. You are who you are, maybe we could have real football discussions if you would stop pretending.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Bring the ban hammer! Or a long time out or until he admits his true identity
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Sid

Post by Sid »

gronk4heisman wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:01 pm I am not sure if he thinks it is funny and cute or has serious mental issues. You want to post here, cool, no issue there. Don't pretend you aren't who everyone knows you are. You talk a lot of weird conspiracy theories and have constant negativity around you, but own it. You are who you are, maybe we could have real football discussions if you would stop pretending.
100% agree. The guy claims to be well connected in all things HS football, but tweets derogatory comments regarding our program constantly? Why in Hell would anyone that claims to be a supporter of the University of Arizona tweet that nonsense? I think it’s cowardice. Be a man and sign back on as Chief and let’s discuss Arizona football.

We’re waiting….
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

2021 college football coaching carousel: Outlooks for each new hire from immediate success to shortest tenure

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... st-tenure/

UA and KU with the toughest rebuilds.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

They were too nice to RichRod. He shares blame with Sumlin for not giving a shit about UA football and just wanting to cash the big checks.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Fifita lists at 5'10". Those other guys are huge. Is 88 the tight end the Cats are after?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Merkin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:37 am Fifita lists at 5'10". Those other guys are huge. Is 88 the tight end the Cats are after?
Most list their height taller than they actually are, especially in basketball, but also in football. To me he looks 5'9" at best. Just saying.

PS - Looking at the 8 inch in height (per block) cinder block wall. Number 88 is about 10 inches taller than Fifita. Number 88 would have to be 6'8" if Fifita was 5'10", which I doubt.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Merkin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:37 am Fifita lists at 5'10". Those other guys are huge. Is 88 the tight end the Cats are after?
Number 88 is Keyan Burnett, son of UA Alum Chester Burnett who is currently committed to USC. Number 4 is the number 67 player in the country and I believe would be our highest recruit ever. These would be huge gets if Fisch can reel them in.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lists at 6-foot-5 and 215 pounds.

Someone's stretching the truth!
Sid

Post by Sid »

Noah is the head recruiter for his Servite teammates!
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Sherm screwed up
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

:lol:
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

How big of a douche do you have to be to get blocked by the coach's wife on Twitter?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good for Amber!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Get help chief/Tatanka
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chief needs to develop carpal tunnel and stop tweeting.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yikes buddy. Therapy clearly needed.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The guy has a serous attention disorder.
Sid

Post by Sid »

I believe he feels entitled to some type of consultant/recruiter/coaching position with each new Arizona football staff. The pain of constant rejection from previous coaches, including Fisch have severely damaged his massive ego.

Pitty the fool.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Sid wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:02 am I believe he feels entitled to some type of consultant/recruiter/coaching position with each new Arizona football staff. The pain of constant rejection from previous coaches, including Fisch have severely damaged his massive ego.

Pitty the fool.
Does he really have any qualifications? I like to think I have a good understanding of football, but I'm still a couch coach, and I'll accept that. I'm not by any means qualified to be a division 1, power 5 football assistant coach. I'm getting kinda sick of Chief/Tatanka. I used to enjoy reading his Twitter because it gave me good laughs, but now it's just getting old
I said what I said and I mean it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

No. But not in his mind.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:17 pm
Sid wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:02 am I believe he feels entitled to some type of consultant/recruiter/coaching position with each new Arizona football staff. The pain of constant rejection from previous coaches, including Fisch have severely damaged his massive ego.

Pitty the fool.
Does he really have any qualifications? I like to think I have a good understanding of football, but I'm still a couch coach, and I'll accept that. I'm not by any means qualified to be a division 1, power 5 football assistant coach. I'm getting kinda sick of Chief/Tatanka. I used to enjoy reading his Twitter because it gave me good laughs, but now it's just getting old
I agree that he is just getting annoying. The more you read his twitter, you see that he says a whole lot of vague garbage and then says, see I told you so. Its fun to laugh at what he says but he thinks we talk about him because he is important. The guy has some issues, I mean he actually thinks people can't tell that he is Tatanka.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Coach is moving on up. No longer last and ahead of a few proven coaches.

They have Helton and Shaw in the top 25 so not sure if I agree on the rankings given these two should be falling, not rising

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... 0wbezasn/6
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Today they put out a tweet about educate Thursday and they had Jim Caldwell talk about what it takes to succeed at the highest level. Dude has won multiple Super Bowls snd it looked like the kids were really invested.

If JF gets these guys to buy in and fully invested then this could be a very rewarding and magical year
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

I think he has a whole lot of people buying in.
I like that he didn't have an old staff to bring along and that he went out and convinced some pretty impressive people that this is something they are going to want to be part of.
I was hoping for Wildcat connections and he has delivered there. Can't hurt recruiting to have a Pete Carroll connection.

Those around him say he is JACKED and loving every minute.

Amber could be a pretty popular 1st lady of AZ football.

Sumlin disgusts me. You would think that out of pride, if nothing else, he would have done a better job to not go down in history as a shitstain loser.
He ought to be imprisoned for the money he stole.
I have zero faith in his coaching ability or anyone connected to him.

Per that, my prediction is that this team will be much better than they looked under Bumlin and win 5.

If the only fun I can have with Wildcat Football is drinking fresh Koolaid, so be it, but I have a feeling about this "new beginning".
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

“Obviously, we wanted an alum in there, just because we felt like Arizona is the type of campus school that you need to really love the culture and the campus and the community to be able to recruit there,” Bell said. “And you just didn’t see that from (previous coaches Rich Rodriguez) or Kevin Sumlin.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathleti ... now/%3famp
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

azcat49 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:22 pm “Obviously, we wanted an alum in there, just because we felt like Arizona is the type of campus school that you need to really love the culture and the campus and the community to be able to recruit there,” Bell said. “And you just didn’t see that from (previous coaches Rich Rodriguez) or Kevin Sumlin.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathleti ... now/%3famp
That one seems pay walled.
`
A couple quotes from this article:
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... an-support

"If you’re wondering if the Wildcats will be any good this season, unless the roster was dramatically underperforming due to a lackluster coaching staff, the answer is probably not."

"Any good" is relative. but I think that good leadership can bring out the best in people.

"Fisch seems to have the right idea in getting the Cats there, though. And with the way he’s doing things, with his embrace of the program’s history, willingness to have fun and creativity, it’s hard not root for him to be the guy who can get the job done in Tucson."

I was one of the assholes who all but ran Tomey out of town.
I don't have the right to appreciate Fisch's embrace of the Tomey era, but I still do.

https://twitter.com/RKelapire/status/13 ... tomey-2021
Last edited by AV8RCAT on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The news of Jedd Fisch’s hire at Arizona broke just before Christmas. Coming off an 0-5 season that included an embarrassing 70-7 loss to rival Arizona State, Wildcats fans and alumni already were in a foul mood. This didn’t help.

“I was kind of shocked because they said they were looking for someone that understood Tucson, understood the family,” said Jake Fischer, a linebacker at Arizona from 2009-13.

“To be perfectly honest, I hated it because I didn’t know who Jedd Fisch was,” said Travis Bell, a tight end who lettered from 2005 to ’07.

Fisch, 45, most recently had worked under Bill Belichick as quarterbacks coach for the New England Patriots. He had spent the bulk of his career bouncing between college and the NFL, working under some of the sport’s sharper minds but always on the move. His obvious shortcomings: Aside from a brief stretch in 2017 when he had served as interim coach at UCLA, Fisch never had run his own program. Also, he had no Arizona ties.

“Obviously, we wanted an alum in there, just because we felt like Arizona is the type of campus school that you need to really love the culture and the campus and the community to be able to recruit there,” Bell said. “And you just didn’t see that from (previous coaches Rich Rodriguez) or Kevin Sumlin.”

This was Fisch’s starting point, the job for which he signed up. Not only did he have to win over skeptical fans and media, but current and former players needed swaying. Over the next five months, that’s exactly what he did. Fisch didn’t just win the (remote) news conference, he won the offseason. Arguably, no Pac-12 spring created a bigger buzz within the conference footprint. (Yes, Rob Gronkowski’s spring game appearance no doubt played a part, but it would have been impressive even without a visit from a Super Bowl champ.)

How did he do it? Fisch laughs. “I kind of looked at it like the Kentucky Derby,” he said. “As soon as the gates lift, how fast can we get out of there? That was our mentality. I got hired on Dec. 23. The 28th, I landed in Tucson, and in my opinion the gate lifted and at that point it was going to be a full sprint for as long as we could make it one.”

He first had to re-recruit the Arizona roster. Nearly all the program’s top receivers had entered the transfer portal or had intentions of doing so. Fisch met with Stanley Berryhill III and his parents. He met with Jamarye Joiner and Brian Casteel. Players told Fisch they wanted to experience something new. His response: “You can try something new right here. There’s nothing that’s going to be the same.” All three receivers returned.

Fisch also talked to former players. He arranged for an alumni video call on his first day of work. He has since held one on the first Monday of every month. The first attracted 60 former players. May’s had 158.

“I haven’t seen this type of energy around the program in a while,” Fischer said. “He did the right thing — he got out in the community and he’s kind of galvanizing the troops. He made great (staff) hires. This guy went out and won people over.”

Unlike previous coaches who had arrived from bigger schools, Bell said, “It’s good to see somebody who’s really coming into their own and going to experience their ‘shot’ at the U of A.”

But this is just the first step. The next comes on the field, and it will be much more difficult. Arizona bottomed out last season. The Wildcats were outscored 199-87 in five contests. They haven’t won since Oct. 5, 2019, a stretch of 12 consecutive losses. The spring enthusiasm can’t mask the fact that Fisch inherited a massive rebuild at what is known as a difficult place to win. Only he doesn’t view it that way.

“We’re all aware of how long it’s been since our last victory,” Fisch said. “I tell our team all the time: Those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it, so we recognize what has gone on over the last two years. But, also, you’re one minute away from beating USC the first game of last year. You’re playing games that you’re competitive. The Arizona State game a couple years ago, it’s 42-41. Win that and you would’ve been 6-6 and 5-4 in the Pac-12 South.”

His point: “So how far away are you?”
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Thanks!
I like this:
Unlike previous coaches who had arrived from bigger schools, Bell said, “It’s good to see somebody who’s really coming into their own and going to experience their ‘shot’ at the U of A.”
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... tball/amp/

"It's pretty obvious what our program is going to become," Fisch said. "It's going to be full of energy, enthusiasm and joy. If you want to be part of that, I suggest you come to University of Arizona."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gotta give Jedd credit for knowing what buttons to push here in his first offseason.

Now that he’s been recruiting alumni, current players, and high school kids & coaches, the only thing left is to re-recruit us fans. If he can win just one game he wasn’t supposed to next year, he could get us all in.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Going to need help with that translation LOL
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Flapping Slapping Happy about something?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Can't wake up?
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Probably relates to this.

Let’s go ahead and analyze the heck out of Gunner Cruz being 1 of 3 the coaches called to get the players to wake up.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think we all agree Fisch has done EVERYTHING right in promoting the football team and Arizona. If you don't like what he has done your just looking for a reason to complain. These things are all more than I hoped for. Now it comes time to see at least modest results. If you don't start to make progress on the field and in recruiting Fisch will come off as a carnival barker. Let's hope he is the real deal.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The last thing I am worried about is his ability to coach. Could be wrong but he has been around so many greats that this hasn’t been a worry to me. I think his game plans and in game moves will be solid. It was everything else I was worried about and man, has he delivered
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:06 pm The last thing I am worried about is his ability to coach. Could be wrong but he has been around so many greats that this hasn’t been a worry to me.
The Bill Belichek coaching tree says hi.