Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Scummy Dick Douglas

Re: Rich Rod

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

azcat49 wrote:I work right in the shadow of ASSU stadium and I have many colleagues who are ASSU honks. One of them in a big booster and he was invited up to Tontozona this past weekend to view their scrimmage and hear Frank Kush speak to the team.

Ksuh spoke about goals and achieving those goals and the dediation it takes. The school made 5 foot hight cut outs of the PAC 12 trophy, the NC trophy and the Rose Bowl trophy. Then Kush said that nnone of that matters unless you win this trophy, then he pulled out the real Territorial cup and raised it over his head.

They then went out to practice and Graham was yelling at the team all day about being ready for Nov. 28th. Over and over again he yelled that date. That has to have an impact. If we lose again I will once again say it is all about the mind set.

As an aside, my colleague, who played college football did say that ASSU's defense is terrible. He said their linebackers can't cover anything and that the DLine is pinning its hope on a 6'3" 400lb middle guard named Latu. He said he is huge and pretty athletic for his size. He said the DB's are talented but everybody past the front ids really small and that they continue to make mistake after mistake in coverages. He said CTG spent all of his time with the defense and was not happy

Your friend either wasn't actually there, or has no idea what he is talking about. Mo Latu ran with the 2's, and often with the 3's during camp so far.
Dkenner

Post by Dkenner »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I work right in the shadow of ASSU stadium and I have many colleagues who are ASSU honks. One of them in a big booster and he was invited up to Tontozona this past weekend to view their scrimmage and hear Frank Kush speak to the team.

Ksuh spoke about goals and achieving those goals and the dediation it takes. The school made 5 foot hight cut outs of the PAC 12 trophy, the NC trophy and the Rose Bowl trophy. Then Kush said that nnone of that matters unless you win this trophy, then he pulled out the real Territorial cup and raised it over his head.

They then went out to practice and Graham was yelling at the team all day about being ready for Nov. 28th. Over and over again he yelled that date. That has to have an impact. If we lose again I will once again say it is all about the mind set.

As an aside, my colleague, who played college football did say that ASSU's defense is terrible. He said their linebackers can't cover anything and that the DLine is pinning its hope on a 6'3" 400lb middle guard named Latu. He said he is huge and pretty athletic for his size. He said the DB's are talented but everybody past the front ids really small and that they continue to make mistake after mistake in coverages. He said CTG spent all of his time with the defense and was not happy

Your friend either wasn't actually there, or has no idea what he is talking about. Mo Latu ran with the 2's, and often with the 3's during camp so far.
IMO Graham knows his season is toast he wants to focus on the game that matters most
jollything

Post by jollything »

Little brother syndrome. Their world revolves around us, they won't admit it but it does.

I hope that Rich Rod is 100% focused on whoever we are playing that week.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

jollything wrote:Little brother syndrome. Their world revolves around us, they won't admit it but it does.

Hahahha. That might be the most delusional thing I have read on the internet in some time.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Kush spoke about goals and achieving those goals and the dediation it takes. The school made 5 foot high cut outs of the PAC 12 trophy, the NC trophy and the Rose Bowl trophy. Then Kush said that none of that matters unless you win this trophy, then he pulled out the real Territorial cup and raised it over his head.

No doubt he was there but I do agree he might not know what he is talking about since most Scummies are certifiable Dumb shits. Maybe that kid was running with the 1's last week because the starter was nicked up? Who knows but that is one big kid. He showed me where ASSU has him listed at 6'3" 370 but the coaches told him he was at about 400 at this point.

It was fun to hear him mimick CTG as his DB's got beat again and again. they were playing a robber 2 defense where the safty creeps down but is not supposed to show blitz to early but was and every time the offense QB took the short route and the defense got burned for 20 yards. CTG finally boiled over when the third team offense took it down the field and scored on the first team defense. He yellee at then that if this was the NFL he would have cut them all. They then ran onto the field all fired up only to give up a long pass for a TD. Wished I could have seen that. Your offense better be all it is cracked up to be
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Great SB Nation article on the evolution of the spread offense and the POP pass!. Just wish their was an Arizona example (Denker's POP passes against Oregon) and some credit to Coach Rod, the Godfather of the spread offense.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great find Ang. RichRod has created a nightmare for opposing defensive guys. I hope CTG doesn't sleep a wink this season and especially on Nov 28th
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

jollything wrote:Little brother syndrome. Their world revolves around us, they won't admit it but it does.

Hahahha. That might be the most delusional thing I have read on the internet in some time.
it's true. that's how asu and their fans roll.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:I want Arizona Football to start focusing on playing the Scummies on November 23rd. To be focused on a late November game, no matter who the opponent is, in mid-August just seems ludicrously dumb. In fact, it smacks of knowing you're in for a down year and tabbing a regular season rivalry game as your bowl game.
I was at CU when that crazy Promise Keeper Bill McCartney turned the CU program around. When he was interviewed about it, he said it all began when at the start of fall camp, he'd circle the date of the Nebraska game in red on the calendar. NU was the class of the Big12 back then, and he said it would give the team something to focus on. He made their whole season a lead-up to playing NU, and it worked.

To be fair, things now with RR are different: 1) ASU is already a rival. Back then, CU didn't really have a rival in the conference, so creating one brought something specific for CU to aim for. 2) NU was the cream of the crop. Pushing your team to be able to compete with them and eventually to win means you're likely winning the conference. ASU ain't anything like that.

Anyhow, I'd say what McCartney did was most obviously not ludicrously dumb, as it led to a couple years of playing for the natty on New Years. OTOH, I don't think playing that same hand with UA would be very effective.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Zachary Hynek from the Daily Wildcat with a quick interview of Coach Rod.

[youtube]mZKhx6YxhlQ[/youtube]
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

RRod is an excellent coach. He takes good players and turns them into excellent players. He has a knack of getting the best out of what he has. The real question is whether RRod can successfully recruit at the UA....can he sell Tucson???? HIs first three recruiting classes are looking eerily similar to Stoops.........First two classes are top 40, third class tailing off. Lets hope he can turn that around and start to upgrade the level of talent he brings in.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

dmjcat wrote:RRod is an excellent coach. He takes good players and turns them into excellent players. He has a knack of getting the best out of what he has. The real question is whether RRod can successfully recruit at the UA....can he sell Tucson???? HIs first three recruiting classes are looking eerily similar to Stoops.........First two classes are top 40, third class tailing off. Lets hope he can turn that around and start to upgrade the level of talent he brings in.
Which means, what? I sure don't recall going 3-8 last year, nor the year before. In fact, I recall RR having two bowl wins in 2 years, compared to Stoop's one in 7 and a half. Stoops recruiting was mediocre because the team was mediocre. Continuous bowls will bring in bigger and bigger recruits.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

qwertyus wrote:
dmjcat wrote:RRod is an excellent coach. He takes good players and turns them into excellent players. He has a knack of getting the best out of what he has. The real question is whether RRod can successfully recruit at the UA....can he sell Tucson???? HIs first three recruiting classes are looking eerily similar to Stoops.........First two classes are top 40, third class tailing off. Lets hope he can turn that around and start to upgrade the level of talent he brings in.
Which means, what? I sure don't recall going 3-8 last year, nor the year before. In fact, I recall RR having two bowl wins in 2 years, compared to Stoop's one in 7 and a half. Stoops recruiting was mediocre because the team was mediocre. Continuous bowls will bring in bigger and bigger recruits.
I am a big Rich Rod fan and have a lot of faith in him. That said, the current class is a concern, and does not appear to be a building block for a future conference championship.

The squad Richard Rod inherited had a few gaping holes, no doubt, but it also had a couple excellent pieces. Which is miles ahead of what Stoops inherited... That doesn't make Stoops a great coach - he wasn't.

Not surprisingly, RR did much better at getting the most out of what he had, but he did have more to begin with. Despite that, the progressive trajectories of each coach's early recruiting classes is eerily similar. Disappointing given Rodriguez's brand name and the new facilities - which I expected to provide more than they appear to have.

Rodriguez will do much more with similar talent than Stoops did, but talent is needed to get us in contention for a P12 championship. And the type of recruits who will be impressed with the caliber of bowls we have played in the last 2 years are not the types that will get us over the proverbial hump, IMHO.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I'm not terribly concerned about the '15 class. These guys know what they want and are aggressively pursuing them; the fact that they've already almost locked up a full class of commits this far out tells me that they're not settling for whatever talent they can scrape up. If it was January and they were still trying to fill the class and taking anyone with a pulse, I'd be more concerned.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Agreed. I think they whiffed on some big names, but you don't bring in 15-20 3* guys before August if you don't like what they bring.

When it comes to star ratings; it is disappointing the staff didn't land a half dozen 4's again this year. But there is a difference between 3's they go out and get, and 3's who are still looking for a chair when the music stops.

So it is a downer, but I doubt this is comparable to Stoops.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Everyone does realize that signing day is still over 5 months away and most of our recruits have not even played their senior year yet? This class will change over the next 5 months.

The coaches have evaluated talent (outside of just star gazing) and offered players we want and that fit our system. Yes, we have lost some battles for highly regarded recruits, but we have verbal commitments from 21 young men who want to play at Arizona. If the coaches evaluations are correct, most of our players will continue to improve, mature and progress this year and be better football players by the end of this season. We are also going to lose ( and even let go of) some of the current commits and replace them with different players. The class will be different and hopefully improved in everyone's eyes by signing day.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

ANGCatFan wrote:Everyone does realize that signing day is still over 5 months away and most of our recruits have not even played their senior year yet? This class will change over the next 5 months.

The coaches have evaluated talent (outside of just star gazing) and offered players we want and that fit our system. Yes, we have lost some battles for highly regarded recruits, but we have verbal commitments from 21 young men who want to play at Arizona. If the coaches evaluations are correct, most of our players will continue to improve, mature and progress this year and be better football players by the end of this season. We are also going to lose ( and even let go of) some of the current commits and replace them with different players. The class will be different and hopefully improved in everyone's eyes by signing day.
This as we've seen RR isn't afraid to tell a recruit to take a hike after visiting another school and we'll probably lose a recruit or two and he'll probably end up grey-shirting a few also. I think the class will be around 25 kids and they're are still big names out there. (McGinnis, Thomas, Tezino, Johnson, Norman, Young, Williams, Mounga, etc)
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

RichRod on radio interview this morning teased/joked that he may announce QB starter at his Press conference today to get everyone fired up and excited (think he was joking, but just in case). Said QB Will be ongoing evaluation. Doesn't want starter to look over his shoulder but at same time he will put next guy in if the QB having bad game etc. There has to be consistency as part of evaluation. Said it will be (3) tailback committee to replace Ka'Deem.

That Fall Camp went "well".

Will post podcast if avail.

UPDATE: Here's the podcast
http://www.arizonasports.com/?nid=243&auto=1&aid=306951
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

qwertyus wrote:
Which means that I am convinced that RRod is an excellent coach, I'm just not sure that he can recruit to the UA/Tucson at a level which will get us to the Rose Bowl. His first two classes were OK........the present class appears to be taking a downward trajectory.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dmjcat wrote:
qwertyus wrote:
Which means that I am convinced that RRod is an excellent coach, I'm just not sure that he can recruit to the UA/Tucson at a level which will get us to the Rose Bowl. His first two classes were OK........the present class appears to be taking a downward trajectory.
In 2002 RR had 1 4 star recruit and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars
In 2003 RR had a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits
In 2004 RR had 2 4 star recruits and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars
In 2005 RR had 1 5 star recruit and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars
In 2006 RR had a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits

All he did with those few 4 and 5 star guys and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars is go to 6 straight bowl games including 2 BCS bowls. I'm comfident he can accomplish the same here.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

* in the BigEast
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

I'm not pessimistic about RR, but WV recruiting classes won't cut it in the PAC12.

Classes like last year with a little coaching magic, I'll buy that. Averaging 1 4* a year probably won't.

I get it's not about star gazing, particularly on a defense that thrives on "tweeners"... but statistically, those touted recruits turn out to be good players more often than not. You've got to find a lot more marbles in the oatmeal to compete in this conference.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Sage&Silver wrote:I'm not pessimistic about RR, but WV recruiting classes won't cut it in the PAC12.
Agree with this. From 2005 on at WVU, their recruiting class finished 1st or 2nd in Big East (except 4th 2006). They beat up on the BE. DC's trying to catch up with the spread.

Not saying it can't be done in Pac12, but since recruiting services, hard to find any Pac12 team go to Rose Bowl/BCS bowl with under 3 star average rating over multiple years.

Goes against the odds. But I'm certain you can have winning seasons and a nice bowl game every year.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azgreg wrote:So.
Exactly.

Why was it that RR's first 4 or 5 classes at WVU were ranked in the 50's? Then with those classes he goes 11-1, 11-2, and 11-2 in 3 consecutive years. Was it a coincidence then that his last class at WVU after not having a class ranked in the top 25 his last class is ranked 18th? RR leaves and Bill Stewart takes over - his best year with a top 20 recruiting class was 9-4. It's a joke and RR proves that he knows better than any guy who works for Scout, Rivals, Espn and any other recruiting service what works best his system. It doesn't matter what conference he played in - he did it with the players he wanted and not based on how a recruiting service ranked them based on nothing to do with RR's system.

It's not about the stars if you know what you want and are able to judge talent. RR has proven that time and time again, yet people still question why RR takes a commit that either isn't highly ranked or the almost always meaningless "he doesn't have a lot of big school offers". It's my favorite as it suggests that RR and company should take the word of other schools as to whether somebody is a good fit for what RR and company want. Meaning they should only take players that other big time schools want. It's quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in regards to why we took a recruit - "he doesn't have any big time schools after him so why are we taking him?"
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

I posted this OTOS but some find it interesting:

In 2005 WVU goes 11-1 and the recruiting class for 2005 was ranked 33rd best in the country. In 2006 coming off of an 11-1 year in '05 they follow that up with an 11-2 record and the 56th best recruiting class. Here's where I have a problem with rankings - in 07 WVU goes 11-2 again and it's recruiting class is ranked 18th. Was that because WVU was the flavor of the month for recruiting services or because RR changed his ways? I say that because RR leaves after '07 season and WVU goes 9-4 each of the next 3 seasons. I would argue that RR and his coaching were the difference and not the talent that was allegedly the 18th best recruiting class in the country - that and recruiting to your system and not somebody else's. Remember the offensive guys went with RR to Mich while the defensive guys stayed at WVU.

To further prove the point - where do you think RR's recruiting classes ranked in 03 and 04 as they were the players that made up the bulk of his team in 06 and 07? Those classes ranked 53rd and 57th respectively. Which brings me back to my point of RR's class in 07 being ranked 18th. Do you think RR changed how he recruited or did the evaluators change their mindset about RR and his staffs eye for talent? I mention all of that because it looks like the same thing is happening here at Arizona. He's recruiting to his system and he knows better than anybody else what he needs for his system to work.

I don't care what conference you play in - and to your point there's no way that you should have 11 win seasons every year with recruiting classes in the 50's. Yet from 03 - 07 his classes ranked in the 50's 3 times, 33rd once and 18th his last season at WVU.

I know you say it can't happen but didn't RR prove that it can at WVU? When you rank in the 50's for recruiting you aren't landing any 4 star players yet they won 11 games 3 years in a row with classes that probably didn't have a hand full of 4 star players and even then that's probably to high over a 3 year period. He's doing the same thing here and watch what happens 2 years from now with his recruiting classes. I'll bet money that RR's classes get a lot more respect than they are getting right now.

If we ran the same system on both sides of the ball as everybody else then I would agree with your analysis as your 11 players made up of 4 and 5 star players will beat our 11 players made up of 3 star players. But we don't and TY we will play closer to 22 players on both sides of the ball not just 11. Not having much of a drop off when you sub in and having those players perform at a high level in your system is the difference maker. This year and next year is where that will really start to pay off and then I think we stay pretty steady year in and year out after that. I don't know if that's 11 wins every year but I would say in the 10 to 11 wins a season on a consistent basis.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That's a high ceiling DC, one I would gladly take. One thing for sure, RR is recruiting better here then at WVU. Hopefully that translates to the performance you speak of.

I am more concerned with our defensive recruiting. One because I don't like our scheme and two, because I think RR could take 11 posters from this board and be effective on offense.

But I have seen two recent stats adjusted for the offenses we have gone up against along with the points per possession and it clearly showed we are a top 25 defense.

Maybe these coaches know what they need and this commitment to it does breed success
Salty

Post by Salty »

azcat49 wrote:That's a high ceiling DC, one I would gladly take. One thing for sure, RR is recruiting better here then at WVU. Hopefully that translates to the performance you speak of.

I am more concerned with our defensive recruiting. One because I don't like our scheme and two, because I think RR could take 11 posters from this board and be effective on offense.

But I have seen two recent stats adjusted for the offenses we have gone up against along with the points per possession and it clearly showed we are a top 25 defense.

Maybe these coaches know what they need and this commitment to it does breed success
Where was this statistic?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Look at the 2014 thread on this board. I am pretty sure that is where I first saw it. It was an ESPN article that Ang posted. I am looking for the second post that showed us top 25 in adjusted defense
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Which means that I am convinced that RRod is an excellent coach, I'm just not sure that he can recruit to the UA/Tucson at a level which will get us to the Rose Bowl. His first two classes were OK........the present class appears to be taking a downward trajectory.[/quote]

In 2002 RR had 1 4 star recruit and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars
In 2003 RR had a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits
In 2004 RR had 2 4 star recruits and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars
In 2005 RR had 1 5 star recruit and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars
In 2006 RR had a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits

All he did with those few 4 and 5 star guys and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars is go to 6 straight bowl games including 2 BCS bowls. I'm comfident he can accomplish the same here.[/quote]

As Sage & Silver pointed out that was in the Big East.

Frankly, all of the "Our 1 & 2 star recruits" can get us to the Rose Bowl arguments are just pure rationalization. Look at the annual recruiting statistics......the folks who annually finish in the top 20 (Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, USC (before they got caught cheating), UCLA, etc. usually finish ranked in the top 20 and annually compete for conference and national titles. The folks who get the 1 & 2 star recruits annually finish in the bottom of those power conferences. Lets stop rationalizing folks, until we recruit top 30-40 classes annually there is very little chance we will consistently challenge for the Rose Bowl.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

DMJ, if Rich Rodriguez cannot recruit to Tucson......what coach out there could we ever realistically who could? Give me a break. We're never, ever going to have classes littered with 4*'s unless Nick Saban unbeknownst to us loves.....loves and Sonoran hot dogs.

Fricking Dick Tomey delivered us one 12-1 season, and one 10-2 season.....with extremely low rated classes. I mean this as no knock on Tomey but if he can deliver a couple of magical seasons, so can RR. And I think RR can do it a little more often, and I think RR's 'down' years will be much better than Tomey's 'down' years.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

HaCats wrote:DMJ, if Rich Rodriguez cannot recruit to Tucson......what coach out there could we ever realistically who could? Give me a break. We're never, ever going to have classes littered with 4*'s unless Nick Saban unbeknownst to us loves.....loves and Sonoran hot dogs.

Fricking Dick Tomey delivered us one 12-1 season, and one 10-2 season.....with extremely low rated classes. I mean this as no knock on Tomey but if he can deliver a couple of magical seasons, so can RR. And I think RR can do it a little more often, and I think RR's 'down' years will be much better than Tomey's 'down' years.
Hacats: In response to your rhetorical question, Sadly that coach may not exist.....which brings us to the question of whether UA fans can ever realistically expect the UA to annually (or ever) challenge for the Rose Bowl. My personal belief is that we may be able to challenge for RB once every 5-6 years given an excellent coach who manages to string together some top 30-40 type classes with an opportunistic group of JC's, transfers, and a couple of 4 star recruits in each class. We will never be USC or UCLA (I hope Cogent doesn't read this!!)
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Sean, let me tell you a secret. No matter what you read on the message boards, trust me, you can recruit top talent to Tucson. I just tell the kids about the 3 W's - Weather, women and winning!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One thing it seems. Is that RR and staff make offers before the ratings come out. I think thry start sending letters in the recruits junior year so maybe itsnot as much recruiting as it is evaluation.

I do agree excelling in the Big East isnot doing the same in the PAC. I also agree with the idea we need to recruit better on paper but RR is building a culture of a different kind of player that not all players fit.

Last years class with thectransfers was definitely top 25 and this years is not done
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Comparing RR's success in the Big East with low ranked recruiting classes is a bit of a red herring. In reality, you'd have to compare WVU's recruiting classes with those from the other Big East teams to get an accurate picture. And if you want to quote RR's success at WVU (in the Big East), then you need to talk about his lack of success at UM (in the Big 10+).

One thing is clear: you cannot build a national powerhouse program without getting highly rated recruits year in and year out. But do you know what you can do? You can get a little lucky and score a Rose Bowl or two. And once that happens, maybe the recruiting picks up some steam... Honestly, UA has got to be the unluckiest program around. Every other frickin' university in the conference has had the lucky season or two and gotten conference championships, even WSU!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Puerco wrote:Honestly, UA has got to be the unluckiest program around. Every other frickin' university in the conference has had the lucky season or two and gotten conference championships, even WSU!
In the PAC-10 era, Oregon State and Cal couldn't pull it off either, something Scum Devil fans and and the media conveniently forget.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

OSU was at least a conference co-champion in 2000. Good point about Cal, though. I'd forgotten them.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Arizona was a co-champion in 1993.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Puerco wrote:Honestly, UA has got to be the unluckiest program around. Every other frickin' university in the conference has had the lucky season or two and gotten conference championships, even WSU!
Nick Foles broke the "no UA NFL QB during the PAC era" curse, but it's going to be extremely hard to break the "no sole conference championship since the 1940s Border Conference" curse.

Larry Smith might have done it, and Tomey came close, but it's a larger tougher conference now with far better overall coaching.
jollything

Post by jollything »

It will happen for us, we need to catch lightning in a bottle at first, but it will happen.

If Lute can build a winner here so can RR.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

jollything wrote:It will happen for us, we need to catch lightning in a bottle at first, but it will happen.
Jerrard Randall just needs to do a Pat White. :)
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

From AZ Wildcat Country on twitter:

Yesterday was the most yards a Coach Rod offense has ever had. But hey, Freshman QB, UNLV, we probably all need to stay realistic. I am sure it was all beginners luck for Solomon. Nothing to get excited about here.
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

What happened to Tellas Jones at the end? Anyone know?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Doug Gottlieb is giving RichRod a TON of love on Twitter right now.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

A staff member was telling me that one of their linemen at UM recorded Lloyd Carr imploring his roommate over the speaker phone to transfer to TOSU - nearly begging him. It's all on tape somewhere. Talk about a "Michigan Man."

Gottlieb is on point - Lloyd Carr was stabbing RR in the back before he even stepped on campus.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

If we can't make it to a BCS bowl, I will gladly accept playing Michigan wherever and whenever. Of course they will need to find a way to get bowl eligible
gumby

Post by gumby »

catinfl wrote:RR said "We're going to beat asu when we're better than them." I believe that we're better than them this year and I think RR believes that too. Rich Rod isn't the one to call players and coaches out from another team.
Didn't wait for this during The Streak.
Salty wrote:If RR goes 0-4 vs asu, I don't see any reason to keep my season tickets.
If only one game matters, you should just be buying that ticket anyway.
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Getting ASU basketball bad?

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
jollything wrote:It will happen for us, we need to catch lightning in a bottle at first, but it will happen.
Jerrard Randall just needs to do a Pat White. :)
Update: or a Steve Slaton.