Pac 12 Game Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bruins01

Re: Pac 12 Game Thread

Post by Bruins01 »

The total at 5dimes for this Cal-Colorado game was 61.5. What the hell???
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

You are showing zero confidence in your D when you go for it on 4th down in OT. Just dumb.....dumb.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

There isn't going to be an easy game in the PAC12 for us this year.

Colorado is quite capable of beating us. We need to keep getting better on both sides of the ball.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well Az is 4-0 against espn's #12 hardest schedule. Not sure if transitive scores works well. I agree that anyone at this level can beat anyone else if you are not ready.

I think in college football when the talent is fairly equal it who's resolve and will to win is greater that usually wins out
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azcat49 wrote:Well Az is 4-0 against espn's #12 hardest schedule. Not sure if transitive scores works well. I agree that anyone at this level can beat anyone else if you are not ready.

I think in college football when the talent is fairly equal it who's resolve and will to win is greater that usually wins out
It isn't the 12th hardest schedule. It's the #12 hardest remaining schedule.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oh that makes sense. Can't tell if Wazzu is really that bad or if it is the weather.

Utah loooo pretty darn good tonight.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49 wrote:Oh that makes sense. Can't tell if Wazzu is really that bad or if it is the weather.

Utah loooo pretty darn good tonight.
Early on they did but certainly not in the 2nd half. Utah once again acts like they've arrived and gags it at home. Up 21-0 early and can only muster 2 FG after that. Not to mention that the victory over Michigan is looking less impressive by the minute and will continue to look that way for the rest of the season.

Halliday had 49 yards passing with 5 mins left in the half and he ends up throwing for 417. Wazzu also had 3 turnovers and Utah still couldn't win that game. Wilson was 18-40 throwing the ball for 165 yards. They rushed the ball 40 times for 192 yards. They can't cover anybody and if not for the turnovers and the kick return they lose this game big.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yea DC, I turned it off when Utah went up 21-0 as I figured in that rain WAZZU had little chance. Needless to say I am very surprised Utah lost.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49 wrote:Yea DC, I turned it off when Utah went up 21-0 as I figured in that rain WAZZU had little chance. Needless to say I am very surprised Utah lost.
Crushing loss for Utah and they're reminded right away that they're not in the MWC anymore as they travel to Ucla next week.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Holy cow DC, Utah loses to WSU after leading 21-0. The freaking PAC12 that is a meat grinder to play through.

Whom ever wins this thing may, just maybe wind up having 2 conference losses and thats going in to the Championship game.

There are no easy outs in this conference!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I have no idea who's good or bad anymore.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

azgreg wrote:I have no idea who's good or bad anymore.
I'm just worried that UCLA may have just found their stride and is going to run away with the south.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

GFY,

If UCLA gets by USC and the Cats, which is pretty certain to happen, its clear sailing to the South title.

If they continue to play like they did against ASSU, and they stay healthy, it won't be much of a problem.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Gladiator Cat wrote:GFY,

If UCLA gets by USC and the Cats, which is pretty certain to happen, its clear sailing to the South title.

If they continue to play like they did against ASSU, and they stay healthy, it won't be much of a problem.
Why is it "certain to happen?" Assu's D is horrible and wasn't able to expose Ucla's soft OL like every other team has. Ucla beat up a team that got exposed by the Buffs a week earlier in regards to having a D. Arizona's D isn't going to shut down anybody but it does get timely stops and it can put pressure on a QB on occasion. Arizona can definitely win a shootout vs the Bruins.

UA has a tough game at Wazzu before heading to Ucla while Ucla plays the Buffs before Arizona. Arizona has a puncher's chance to beat Ucla and I think our D can get some pressure on Hundley. Anu won't be intimidated by the crowd as the Rose Bowl isn't an intimidating place to play by any stretch of the imagination. It will be homecoming for the Bruins but the point remains the same.

USC beat up on an ntOSU team that looked really bad last night. No imagination whatsoever on offense with a one dimensional QB that plays right into what USC does best defensively. Neither Stanford nor ntOSU run up tempo and they both have a pocket passer that isn't really a threat to run. Both teams are ideal for USC's D and lack of depth.

Watch ntOSU and Stanford in their offensive sets and then watch Arizona next time we play. Our outside WR's line up sideline to sideline for the most part with guys in the slot. We make you cover the entire field. SC's D doesn't have the depth to sub a lot of guys so if we can keep it close or play with a lead going into the 4th qtr, I like our chances a lot.

This race is far from over.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

UCLA, IMO is a better team and more talented across the board from top to bottom than everyone else in the South including USC. To be sure there are many games yet to be played and anything can happen. We could infact get much better as the year rolls on and harness “lighting in a bottle”, surprise everyone and put a magic season together and be the champs. Additionally UCLA and USC could litterally shit the freaking bed and go into a tale spin with three or four losses each.

Hell I suppose that crazy freaking pirate in the North at WSU and his rag-tag band of low talent misfits could find magic in an bottle and wind up being in the running in the North. I mean being down 21-0 to Utah and they win it 28-27. Clearly anything can happen in this conference.

My opinion is, if UCLA remains healthy or gets even more healthy and Hundley doesn't get the **** beat out of him through out the remainder of the conference schedule and he plays in every game, I think they are the odds on front runner to win the South. They will suffer a loss somewhere along the way and it could even be us that gives them the loss, but they should still win the South. I think Oregon gets a loss somewhere along the way as well.

I'll try to limit my controversial words such as “certain” that have a tendency to create a high degree of consternation, and I'll replace that terminology with a high percentage of an 70% / 30% probability in UCLA's favor.

I will say this, if we were to get by USC in Tucson, then that could change to a high degree my opinion on the South's outcome. Winning at UCLA later in the year would of course speak for itself.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I do agree that yhe USC will be a very key game for the south. USC owns a win over Furd that is very valuable, but if we can get out of the next 4 at 2-2 or maybe 3-1, then we will have an exciting November
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

49, if we were to come out of the next 4 games no worse than 3-1 / 7-1 overall. Then all bets are off and that would mean we are in serious contention for the South.

A win over USC would give us massive momentum going forward, assuming we are taking care of business in the other games that will all be a dogfight.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

No doubt 3-1 would put us as the frontrunner in the south. I am hoping for it but think 2-2 ismore probable.

I just have so much confidence in RR and his offense that nothing surprises me
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

All I want is 2-2 in this gauntlet of @Oregon, usc, @wsu, @ucla coming up.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

And we would clearly want that 1 loss to be to either Oregon or WSU from the North.

We can dream can't we! :)
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Hater the losses need to be to the right teams. Not South teams!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We are going to go 4-0.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well Oregon has given up 27 to Michigan St and 31 to Wazzu and 14 to a Wyoming team that as of yesterday hasn't svored 21 yet this year.

We have a chance i believe
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I only see 1 loss for UCLA. Oregon at home, with close games against Stanford and at Washington.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

The Cats can beat every team left on the schedule. With RR's offense in place I'm always pretty confident heading into game days, no matter the opponent.

F*ck all these other teams, we should expect 4-0 in this stretch. We've beaten UCLA's ass before, we've beaten Oregon's ass before....it's just a matter of stringing the wins together finally and not laying stinkers in between.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

cats101 wrote:I only see 1 loss for UCLA. Oregon at home, with close games against Stanford and at Washington.
You may be right, but my money is on UCLA not being as good as you think. ASU's defense is ridiculously bad and they have a tendency to implode in front of a national audience (Stanford, TT, and now UCLA ... seems to be a pattern developing for coach wristbands). UCLA looked incredibly mediocre in its first three games. I will be shocked if UCLA gets out of the Pac 12 with only one loss.

Go Cats!!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

You're probably right but I don't see UCLA losing more than 2 games.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

1. Oregon

Cleary the cream of the crop in the conference. Their good is better than everyone else’s good. The Michigan State win might be the most impressive so far this season. Marcus Mariota has had an incredible month, and he will more than likely be the top overall pick in the NFL Draft. They have star young RBs Royce Freeman (freshman) and Thomas Tyner (sophomore) who can do it all. Much more physical than guys they’ve had in years past, both will be future pros.

On defense they are stacked with guys who will play on Sundays. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is arguably the best DB in the country. Their DL is very good; Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner could play for any team in the country. If they run the table, they are in the playoff.

2. UCLA

Jim Mora, Jr. won the biggest game of his college career last Thursday night when he beat Arizona State. QB Brett Hundley showed why he’s probably the No. 2 QB prospect in the country, displaying his unique combination of athleticism and arm talent. If he can stay healthy and continues to improve, the sky could be the limit for UCLA’s offense.

On defense, the Bruins have two of the better playmakers in the conference: MLB Eric Kendricks and CB Ish Adams are both having All-American-type seasons. I haven’t even mentioned two-way star Myles Jack, perhaps the most unique player in the country. A date with Oregon Oct. 11 is a game that clearly has playoff implications.

3. Stanford

The more I watch this team, the more I believe it’s the most talented Stanford team of the David Shaw era, top to bottom. The problem is Jr. QB Kevin Hogan is regressing by the game and forcing Shaw, the team's play caller, to really work around his deficiencies. WR Ty Montgomery is the most dynamic, non-QB playmaker on the West Coast, despite playing with a QB who struggles to get him the ball. He has established himself as a potential first round pick if he can stay healthy. Defensively, they may not have the names they’ve had in the past, but this unit has been consistently dominant. It’s their best secondary since Jim Harbaugh turned the program around and the front seven hasn’t skipped a beat despite losing many players to the NFL the last several years.

4. USC

Despite beating Stanford at the Farm, I still think Stanford would beat them seven out of ten times. Their top end talent is elite – DL Leonard Williams will be a top pick and Nelson Agholor is a very good NFL prospect. But QB Cody Kessler is just a guy and their OL is a total work in progress. Despite having big recruits, many of these guys are just learning to play. Two guys to keep an eye on as the season progresses are true freshman WR JuJu Smith and WR/CB Adore Jackson. Both have NFL potential and should become stars in the Pac-12 much sooner than later.

5. Arizona State

This is easily the best team since Todd Graham took over three years ago, but the problem is star QB Taylor Kelly is out for at least one more game with a foot injury. They have the best WR in the conference not named Ty Mongomery in Jaelen Strong. A physical beast who can dominate any secondary, scouts are already buzzing about him out west. RB D.J. Foster is very good and might be one of the most underrated players in the country. This team when looms large at the Rose Bowl, a healthy is damn good.

http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/posting ... f=24&t=812
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What a joke that write up of the scum is. There defense is terrible and even if they had Kelly it would be a stretch for them to win 8 games. It is hardly his best team
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:What a joke that write up of the scum is. There defense is terrible and even if they had Kelly it would be a stretch for them to win 8 games. It is hardly his best team
No shit. Cayleb Jones - hello?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

How do you put Arizona State at #5 in the conference and not mention the fact that their defense is totally suspect and just got absolutely shredded by a team that had so far struggled offensively?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

trd, is that your own write up?
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Chicat wrote:How do you put Arizona State at #5 in the conference and not mention the fact that their defense is totally suspect and just got absolutely shredded by a team that had so far struggled offensively?
The problem, as I see it, is that there is no one else who has deserved that slot. Arizona almost lost at home to Cal. Cal almost lost at home to Colorado. Utah lost at home to Washington St., who played Oregon tough but have already lost to Rutgers and Nevada. Oregon St. looked absolutely terrible at USC last weekend. So that just leaves ASU and Washington.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

azgreg wrote:trd, is that your own write up?
No. Sorry, I tried to link it but linked something else on accident. Here is the whole article. It's John Middlekauff.

http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/ ... couts-buzz
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins01 wrote:
Chicat wrote:How do you put Arizona State at #5 in the conference and not mention the fact that their defense is totally suspect and just got absolutely shredded by a team that had so far struggled offensively?
The problem, as I see it, is that there is no one else who has deserved that slot. Arizona almost lost at home to Cal. Cal almost lost at home to Colorado. Utah lost at home to Washington St., who played Oregon tough but have already lost to Rutgers and Nevada. Oregon St. looked absolutely terrible at USC last weekend. So that just leaves ASU and Washington.
Arizona almost lost.
ASSU got slaughtered.

Anyone notice the difference?
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Chicat wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
Arizona almost lost.
ASSU got slaughtered.

So? No one who watched that game came away from it with the opinion that Arizona is appreciably better than Cal. It took a miracle to win. And there is no one on the planet who thinks that Cal is close to UCLA's level. So yes, I think it is very defensible to rank ASU higher than UA after those two games.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I took more exception to his description of ASSU. I think UDub, after playing Furd tough, is a better one loss team then ASSU. CTG does not have his best team in this years squad. His defense is not even close to last years. And even if Kelly comes back he will not be 100% until near the end of the season so I am not expecting the ASSU offense to be nearly as effective
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins01 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
Arizona almost lost.
ASSU got slaughtered.

So? No one who watched that game came away from it with the opinion that Arizona is appreciably better than Cal. It took a miracle to win. And there is no one on the planet who thinks that Cal is close to UCLA's level. So yes, I think it is very defensible to rank ASU higher than UA after those two games.
I always forget that I don't care what you think. My bad.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

What the hell man? I am not being an asshole here. I don't think you would find any non-Arizona fans who would disagree with what I said. Hell, I don't think you would find all that many Arizona fans who would disagree with what I said.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. USC
4. UCLA
5. Washington
6. Arizona St.
7. Arizona
8. Oregon St.
9. Cal
10. Utah
11. Washington St.
12. Colorado
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

So that Stanford lost to USC and USC lost to Boston College doesn't matter to you, dill?
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

One: THE 'Gon
Two: THE UCohLA
Three: THE Furd
Four: THE Iowa State lookalikes
Five: THE Tempe
Six: THE Dub
Seven: THE 'Tah
Eight: THE Zona
Nine: THE not Ohio State
Ten: THE up teh Wazzu's
Eleven: THE California-Berkley
Twelve: THE Rado
Last edited by NYCat on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

NYCat wrote:One: THE Oregon
Two: THE UCLA
Three: THE Stanford
Four: THE USC
Five: THE ASU
Six: THE Washington
Seven: THE Utah
Eight: THE Arizona
Nine: THE Oregon State
Ten: THE Washington State
Eleven: THE California-Berkley
Twelve: THE Rado
Jessie? :shock:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I believe I heard a story that when RichRod took over he polled the team and asked them to write down who were the three best teams in college football. I believe one player gave this answer:

1) Arizona
2) Arizona
3) Arizona

That's my answer as well. GO CATS!
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Chicat, why write that in a PM? Just post it here for all to see and reveal your true colors to the world.

Maybe you should consider investing in a mirror.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bruins01 wrote:So that Stanford lost to USC and USC lost to Boston College doesn't matter to you, dill?
That is how I think they will finish the year, not a snapshot in time. Stanford lost to USC on one of the worst chop block calls I've ever seen in my life.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Fair enough.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

Bruins01 wrote:Chicat, why write that in a PM? Just post it here for all to see and reveal your true colors to the world.

Maybe you should consider investing in a mirror.

If Chicat were to reveal himself to the world, he would be in a dress with a flower in his hair surrounded by three goats and a llama shaking nervously.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

"#ASU QB Mike Bercovici on #USC "They’re not going to be able to say anything about anything, because they’re going to be sucking wind."

@FightOnTwist
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

ASU's defense is close to, if not the worst in the conference.

Taylor Kelly or no Taylor Kelly, he doesn't take the most points ever scored by an opponent at Sun Devil Stadium off the board.

Meanwhile, Arizona found a way to beat Cal. I watched both games, and I'm putting Arizona ahead of ASU until further results.

That enough of a rationale for you, bruins? Or do I need to go back and re-read what I typed again?