Pac 12 Game Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

MrBug708

Re: Pac 12 Game Thread

Post by MrBug708 »

UAdevil wrote:"#ASU QB Mike Bercovici on #USC "They’re not going to be able to say anything about anything, because they’re going to be sucking wind."

@FightOnTwist
If they run 100 plays on USC, USC probably just got beat down
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

catgrad97 wrote:ASU's defense is close to, if not the worst in the conference.

Taylor Kelly or no Taylor Kelly, he doesn't take the most points ever scored by an opponent at Sun Devil Stadium off the board.

Meanwhile, Arizona found a way to beat Cal. I watched both games, and I'm putting Arizona ahead of ASU until further results.

That enough of a rationale for you, bruins? Or do I need to go back and re-read what I typed again?
Why the hell have you guys all collectively made this assumption that I prefer ASU over UA? We are talking about football here. You guys don't need to overcome some pro-ASU bias I have in order to convince me. It is my totally unbiased opinion that ASU's body of work is less unimpressive (sorry for the double negative) than UA's. That's it. Needing a freaking miraculous Hail Mary at HOME to beat a team that hadn't won a conference game in two years does not make you more deserving of a top five spot in the Pac-12 standings than a team that lost by 34 points to a top 10 team with their backup QB. That's just how it is, man. I think Arizona is a good team and UCLA, as well as everyone else, is going to struggle with them, but there are a million reasons to rank them behind ASU as of right now.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

Bruins, I actually am in full agreement with what you wrote. Amazing!!!
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

That's great and all, but yours is not the endorsement anyone on the planet is seeking.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Taylor Kelly or no Taylor Kelly, he doesn't take the most points ever scored by an opponent at Sun Devil Stadium off the board.

Meanwhile, Arizona found a way to beat Cal. I watched both games, and I'm putting Arizona ahead of ASU until further results.

That enough of a rationale for you, bruins? Or do I need to go back and re-read what I typed again?
I think it's pretty funny that certain people, who will tell you with their every breath that they are more intelligent than everyone else, somehow think that QBs play defense and special teams.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I'll take an 'ugly' win over a 'good/understandable' loss every single time, especially in college football. The P12 is tough there are no easy wins really. Look at Wazzu giving Oregon all they could handle recently. Some might say AZ winning was a fluke or lucky, but I can counter that AZ showed some fuckin stones in the 4th quarter and got their shit together and pulled out a win when most teams wouldn't have even dreamed. Hopefully AZ can man up again and bring their A-game to Eugene from the jump.

I know I'm more proud of AZ's situation right now as opposed to ASU fans that need to make excuses for getting boat-raced at home because their starting QB is hurt.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Bruins01 wrote:

Why the hell have you guys all collectively made this assumption that I prefer ASU over UA? We are talking about football here. You guys don't need to overcome some pro-ASU bias I have in order to convince me. It is my totally unbiased opinion that ASU's body of work is less unimpressive (sorry for the double negative) than UA's. That's it. Needing a freaking miraculous Hail Mary at HOME to beat a team that hadn't won a conference game in two years does not make you more deserving of a top five spot in the Pac-12 standings than a team that lost by 34 points to a top 10 team with their backup QB. That's just how it is, man. I think Arizona is a good team and UCLA, as well as everyone else, is going to struggle with them, but there are a million reasons to rank them behind ASU as of right now.
That's a lot!

Fine, I'll play. So the fact that Arizona starts a freshman in his first Pac 12 game ever, and he has the worst 3 quarters imaginable by his standards, who then puts together the most incredible 4th quarter comeback which ends on a hail mary for the victory means you can now draw conclusions that this is what Arizona is? You actually believe Anu will have 3 quarters like that again? It was his first Pac 12 game and he clearly was nervous. His first Pac 12 game on the road tonight may produce a lot of nerves as well. We will see. However, once this kid gets fully acclimated to college ball I am confident he will light up Pac 12 defenses unlike any QB we have seen in Arizona history. The rest of the Pac better hope his play the rest of the season resembles his first 3 quarters against Cal, and not the 4th.

And please, your opinion is not unbiased. Seeing ASU in the best light possible makes the Bruins victory over them more impressive. If ASU has the worst defense on the planet, played their backup QB, and were still very much in the game against your "top 10" Bruins until the last play of the first half and first play of the second half, then perhaps your Bruins are not as good as you would have us believe? Or perhaps the Bruins have massively underachieved in every game prior to ASU just as all the national pundits pointed out, and if ASU is as mediocre as I believe they are, then the Bruins underachieved for a half against them as well.

A million reasons? And you're the voice of objectivity? You say so.

Go Cats!!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

With that defense, and Berco at QB, ASU doesn't deserve to be ranked 5th in any conference.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:

I think it's pretty funny that certain people, who will tell you with their every breath that they are more intelligent than everyone else, somehow think that QBs play defense and special teams.
Hey, I gave the Bruins big-time props for their win in JerryWorld and was told I was overrating them.

Now I'm valuing Arizona's win over Cal more than ASU's loss to UCLA and I'm told that I think a clear Bruins fan is pro-ASU--not only a total change of argument but not even remotely true.

To quote Terence Mann in "Field of Dreams," I don't even recall thinking that. I do recall thinking that there are a million reasons why ASU is trending downward besides the Taylor Kelly injury, and that anybody who saw the game should have seen that.

I mentioned the defense, which is execrable and makes the 3-3-5 look like USC.

There is also Bercovici, who is serviceable but won't last the whole season. Kelly's going to be rushed back before he's ready after another game like Thursday's--a bad idea, but that's Todd Graham for you.

Then there's D.J. Foster, who has never proven himself to be the focus back at this level and needs great line blocking to get his openings.

And let's not mention the turnovers and penalties. Those made ASU come apart against the Bruins, and hey, I'll acknowledge it--I think those factors will be an underrated reason in Arizona's demise at Oregon tonight.

Remember, this is an early-season matchup against the Ducks as opposed to Senior Day last year, and we're going to take more risks and make more mistakes early on. It just happens with every football team, and very few programs can overcome Oregon AND their own penalties and turnovers.

But back to ASU, their penalties and turnovers are worse than Arizona's. And if history has taught us anything, it's that a dumb, undisciplined ASU football team doesn't learn from its mistakes by the time it plays Arizona.

But hey, there are probably a million more reasons why Arizona is worse, right?
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Chicat wrote:

UCLA's offense scored 48 points on ASU's defense. Cal's offense scored 45 points on Arizona's defense. Pardon me for having the perfectly legitimate opinion that the difference in quality between Arizona's defense and ASU's defense is not nearly as wide as you guys believe it is. Further evidence is absolutely needed, but at this point, mine is far from an irrational position.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Catstatic wrote:That's a lot!

Fine, I'll play. So the fact that Arizona starts a freshman in his first Pac 12 game ever, and he has the worst 3 quarters imaginable by his standards, who then puts together the most incredible 4th quarter comeback which ends on a hail mary for the victory means you can now draw conclusions that this is what Arizona is? You actually believe Anu will have 3 quarters like that again? It was his first Pac 12 game and he clearly was nervous. His first Pac 12 game on the road tonight may produce a lot of nerves as well. We will see. However, once this kid gets fully acclimated to college ball I am confident he will light up Pac 12 defenses unlike any QB we have seen in Arizona history. The rest of the Pac better hope his play the rest of the season resembles his first 3 quarters against Cal, and not the 4th.

And please, your opinion is not unbiased. Seeing ASU in the best light possible makes the Bruins victory over them more impressive. If ASU has the worst defense on the planet, played their backup QB, and were still very much in the game against your "top 10" Bruins until the last play of the first half and first play of the second half, then perhaps your Bruins are not as good as you would have us believe? Or perhaps the Bruins have massively underachieved in every game prior to ASU just as all the national pundits pointed out, and if ASU is as mediocre as I believe they are, then the Bruins underachieved for a half against them as well.

Go Cats!!
That quarterback who was awful for three quarters against Cal still has to be the quarterback for every game the rest of the season. But then I'm not the one who is calling him the best quarterback in Arizona history after four games. How does one have a reasonable conversation with someone who makes a claim like that?

I don't care how UCLA's victory over ASU looked. I have the same opinion of UCLA that most of you guys do. Tons of question marks on defense that shouldn't be question marks, I am no great fan of Noel Mazzone, and ASU's defense tackled like my high school football team.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Enough data for you now Bruins?
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Congratulations guys.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins01 wrote:

Hey dick cheese, you want to tell us those million reasons now?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Bruins=turd
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Bruins01 wrote:
Catstatic wrote:That's a lot!

Go Cats!!
That quarterback who was awful for three quarters against Cal still has to be the quarterback for every game the rest of the season. But then I'm not the one who is calling him the best quarterback in Arizona history after four games. How does one have a reasonable conversation with someone who makes a claim like that?

I don't care how UCLA's victory over ASU looked. I have the same opinion of UCLA that most of you guys do. Tons of question marks on defense that shouldn't be question marks, I am no great fan of Noel Mazzone, and ASU's defense tackled like my high school football team.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! You're right! All we have is the first 3 quarters against Cal to consider. You clearly know absolutely nothing about Solomon and his almost unbelievable record as a 4 year starter at one of the premier high school programs in the country. Keep holding onto those 3 quarters. We'll look at the other 17 quarters (and counting!!) this redshirt freshman has put together.

Wait and see what he accomplishes in RR's offense. Anyone who is paying even the slightest attention to what Rodriguez does with QB's (EG - Denker just last year) can only imagine what he will do with someone with Anu's abilities over 4 years. I guess going into the #2 team's stadium and passing for over 280 yards and getting the victory in just his 5th game might impress some people. Not you, but some people. Or am I being unreasonable again?

Go Cats!!!
Last edited by Catstatic on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Bruins=turd
Too bad we can't flush him.
-JB
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Man, you guys are pretty ridiculous. Arizona killed Oregon last year, too. Tough matchup for Oregon, clearly.

I don't know why you think I have something against Arizona. I wasn't talking shit. I just thought Arizona hadn't earned a spot in the top 5. I hadn't thought anyone else had, either. But now Arizona certainly has earned that spot. Why that position provoked such immature hostility from you guys is something you should probably examine.

Over here, I had Arizona both +22.5 AND on the ML getting +800 last night. But I'm just an irrational Arizona hater, right?
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bruins01 wrote:I wasn't talking shit.
Aren't you always?
Bruins01 wrote:such immature hostility from you guys

:lol:

Eat it Ruins. You were talking shit and it bit you in the ass.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

I don't know why you suddenly lose your ability to read whenever you come across one of my posts. I was not even CLOSE to talking shit.

You want to see me talk shit? Go to TOS and see all the posts I wrote after 66-10.

Oh wait, there weren't any, because I don't talk shit unless I'm on a basketball court.

I can't even imagine a more ironic picture for you to post than that one of the crying baby. Very impressive lack of self-awareness, Chicat.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Still waiting to hear those million reasons why ASU should have been ranked higher than Arizona. You going to back up your shit talk, or just whine?
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

What definition of "whine" are you using? Because the one I use describes your posts a hell of a lot better than it does mine.

Neither team had played a tough team yet, but Arizona had trouble in all of the last three games they played before I wrote my post, which by the way were at UTSA and at home against Nevada and Cal. No matter what you think of your team, that is not a particularly impressive résumé, and it is very easy to defend not wanting to place that team in the top 5 of one of the best conferences in the country. Meanwhile ASU had coasted to victories against three shit teams before running into a buzzsaw, and I don't need to remind you what happened the last time ASU played UA do I?

As I already told you, I was not talking shit. Pretend for a moment that you are not an insane person with embarrassingly thin skin and read my posts again.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You're up to 3. Nice work, but a guy like you who was accepted into some of the most prestigious higher learning institutions in the world can do the math and know almost instantly that you have 999,997 more reasons to list.

If you're worried about this site having the bandwidth to handle your "Million Reason" screed I can check with UADevil on how the shared hosting is holding up. But don't let that stop you. If the site crashes, it crashes. But we will all be the smarter from having witnessed your genius. The floor is yours...
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

So not only have you lost your grasp on the definition of the word "whine," you have also somehow forgotten what "exaggeration" is.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No, I do know what exaggeration is. Here, I'll use it in a sentence:

"To say that Bruins01 makes informative and valued contributions to our community would be an exaggeration of epic proportions along the lines of saying you have 'a million reasons' when you actually only have three and they're not that great."

Did I get that right? I mean, I wasn't accepted into the type of schools that you were, so I value your input enormously. Like . . . a million times more than other posters.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I miss rep
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

scumdevils86 wrote:I miss rep
Me, too! :lol:

Go Cats!!
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Haha. Most people lose their minds and start posting unintelligibly when they pivot away from sports and talk about politics instead. But you, for some reason, go the exact other way around.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Nice punt coverage gerbils.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASU special teams FTW. They are going to get rolled.
-JB
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASU is going to get boatraced here
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MrBug708 wrote:ASU is going to get boatraced here
Ain't it a shame?

:D
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

ASU looks like dog shit. And I'm loving every minute of it.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

SC looks like shit as well. Hope that bodes well for next week.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Oh my, UADevil is correct! USC and ASSU look horrible.

We can and are going to beat USC.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

If we beat SC shit gets real.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Well my friend, get ready for it to get real.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Berco sucks so hard
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAEebs86 wrote:Berco sucks so hard
Guess I jinxed it.
-JB
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Man, USC receivers are dropping balls right and left.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Please let USC play like this against us.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

SC is trash
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

USC sucks
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

RR and the team must be licking their chops. How is USC even ranked?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Oh my, USC is not good.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I swear, Sarkisian is the worst coach I have almost ever seen. These guys like him and Kiffen that have coat tailed Carroll into big time jobs need to be sifted out.

Not even USC's endless talent will save him from failing
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Just remember who is coaching USC. It shouldn't surprise anyone what is happening.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

If we do not beat this USC team I will lose my ******* mind. No more excuses, we need to handle this team next week!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

ASU has been getting pretty easy pressure on Kessler.