Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catinfl

Re: Coach Rod

Post by catinfl »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
Catstatic wrote:I am so looking forward to watching the "exposed" Anu Solomon play for the next 3 years. Arizona opponents have faced a first year starter each of the last 3 years. Won't be so lucky this year. Let's revisit this "exposed" discussion after Solomon's last game as a senior, when he has shattered every Arizona QB record in the book (except Denker's rushing stats).

Go Cats!!

42-35
I don't doubt he will shatter many records. I imagine the OOC scheduling helps, but the point remains. How he does in games against big time defenses in big time games will be the real determining factor. Who is the current record holder? Outside of Nick Foles, I can't recall the last great passing QB UA had.
Of course OOC scheduling helps. Just like how DJ Foster racked up most of his yards playing the worse half the schedule for asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

boat343 wrote:If you are the football school you sure as hell are an underwhelming one.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Instead of chanting "overrated" we should chant "underwhelming".
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

catinfl wrote:
Catstatic wrote:I am so looking forward to watching the "exposed" Anu Solomon play for the next 3 years. Arizona opponents have faced a first year starter each of the last 3 years. Won't be so lucky this year. Let's revisit this "exposed" discussion after Solomon's last game as a senior, when he has shattered every Arizona QB record in the book (except Denker's rushing stats).

Go Cats!!

42-35
I don't doubt he will shatter many records. I imagine the OOC scheduling helps, but the point remains. How he does in games against big time defenses in big time games will be the real determining factor. Who is the current record holder? Outside of Nick Foles, I can't recall the last great passing QB UA had.
Of course OOC scheduling helps. Just like how DJ Foster racked up most of his yards playing the worse half the schedule for asu.
^Absolutely true. DJ Foster is a dynamic player. This year I think the plan is to put him at Jaelen Strong's 9 spot, but I think that is a mistake. The kid is fearless and likes contact. I say line him up in the slot.
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:Couldn't agree more Ang. Guy defines Clown, is a scum and thinks he is better than everyone here. Freaking loser and not really as objective as he thinks, just like the rest of their delusional, pathetic fanbase.

Would love to have CTG be as open and talk about how he was insubordinate and how he got canned by RR but we all know that story will remain from the public view. Guy fits so well with the scum faithful. Clown coach
You really should try and not get so emotionally attached to people talking football on the internet. Not sure what I wrote that screams "I am better than you." Not as objective as you would like? Try me. I can lay out exactly where ASU is weak or strong void of any homerism. I think ASU goes 8-4 this season, though my gut tells me to say 9-3 because TG has exceeded my predictions every years by a win or two.

Positions you think are weak and I disagree with which makes me a homer: WR. My reasoning stems from Bercovici being the QB. The kid has a great arm and see's the field much better. Simply put, he distributes the ball. Yes the loss of Strong hurts, but there is plenty of WR talent on the roster, just a matter of getting the best players on the field. I am not saying it will necessarily be a strength, but I don't think it is as dire as many here think.

The real areas of concern for ASU:
LT - Evan Goodman has NFL tools, but he is prone to lapses in effort and will. If the kids decides to take his craft serious full time, he will be alright. Whether he will do that or not remains to be seen.

Special teams - outside of FG kicking, ASU is fucking horrible at ST's. The hire of Shawn Slocum (former ST coach of the Green Bay Packers) is supposed to remedy that, but I will believe it when I see it.

The loss of D. Randall - There is a reason he was a first round pick.

The lack of a Devil Backer - the ASU defense hinges on the Devil backer position.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You are a condescending ass who called RR and our school a "clown". You come here acting like Mr. Impartiality when in reality you are just like all the other scum assholes that are the epitome of classlessness when grouped together (like on your twitter).

You were amusing for awhile but now you are just a scummy dick. Well done clown. ASSU, clown school, clown fans, clown coach
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:You are a condescending ass who called RR and our school a "clown". You come here acting like Mr. Impartiality when in reality you are just like all the other scum assholes that are the epitome of classlessness when grouped together (like on your twitter).

You were amusing for awhile but now you are just a scummy dick. Well done clown. ASSU, clown school, clown fans, clown coach
Haha, ok. I think the promo videos UA and RR have done are corny. You will probably find that to be the consensus of anyone who is A) Under the age of 40, and B) not a UA student or alum. Do most 17 year old's even know what 007 is?
To be fair, the Bond theme was miles better than watching RR do the dougie or pretend he was a cowboy. But hey, any publicity is good publicity right?

Don't worry azcat, I will get all objective on you for a second. I find Todd Graham's hyperbole to be nauseating. I find it annoying when he talks about his "best" players or team. I have come to conclude that is just the way the guy thinks/talks. That is how he talks to media, he turns into a robot spitting out the same positive spin. I think he has told the media every year that as a pass rusher, Chans Cox is unblock able. Chans Cox is not, and will not be on the two deep.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I bow to your knowledge oh great one. Corny, of course. Effective, probably to many of those 17 year old kids. Clownish, not at all considering he was assisting the gymnastics team by putting himself out there.

If your comment doesn't point to your arrogant, condescending character, your posts/tweets certainly do.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Why are we allowing this guy to pollute a thread about our great coach with his takes on ASU's team? Take it to Arch-Rivals Scummy.

And quit calling the Nae Nae one a football promo video. It was for our gymnastics team.

Just nice to see you fully out of the closet now.

Bigger board lie ever?:

1) Salty claiming to be in law school

2) Orange Crush/Scummy Dick Douglas claiming to not be an ASU fan?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Clearly, ASU is a football school. The type of school you are is determined by the expectations you place and money you spend on a particular sport. Its pretty clear that at ASU, football is where the expectations and money are.
You are aware that every school with a football team spends more on football than all other sports. You guys calling ASSu a football school doesn't make it one.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

UAEbs,

I tried to tell you guys along time ago that Scummy Dick is the old Orange Crush from the deserted long lost site that will go unnamed.

This is the same clown that claimed to be a USC and Colorado Alum (probably not from either) while coming to an UofA site to talk shit way back then when even then it is was clear that OC was not a UofA fan and had ASSU leanings.

Now this goofball has transformed his/her anonymous internet handle into a more correct and direct sounding name as to their true colors as Scummy Dick Douglas.

I can't believe you guys are letting this ASS Crack-State clown rent free space in your brain.

Don't get me wrong, I like good banter from opposing fans, but you can see these clowns coming a mile away.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49 wrote:Couldn't agree more Ang. Guy defines Clown, is a scum and thinks he is better than everyone here. Freaking loser and not really as objective as he thinks, just like the rest of their delusional, pathetic fanbase.

Would love to have CTG be as open and talk about how he was insubordinate and how he got canned by RR but we all know that story will remain from the public view. Guy fits so well with the scum faithful. Clown coach
You really should try and not get so emotionally attached to people talking football on the internet. Not sure what I wrote that screams "I am better than you." Not as objective as you would like? Try me. I can lay out exactly where ASU is weak or strong void of any homerism. I think ASU goes 8-4 this season, though my gut tells me to say 9-3 because TG has exceeded my predictions every years by a win or two.

Positions you think are weak and I disagree with which makes me a homer: WR. My reasoning stems from Bercovici being the QB. The kid has a great arm and see's the field much better. Simply put, he distributes the ball. Yes the loss of Strong hurts, but there is plenty of WR talent on the roster, just a matter of getting the best players on the field. I am not saying it will necessarily be a strength, but I don't think it is as dire as many here think.

LT - Evan Goodman has NFL tools, but he is prone to lapses in effort and will. If the kids decides to take his craft serious full time, he will be alright. Whether he will do that or not remains to be seen.

Special teams - outside of FG kicking, ASU is fucking horrible at ST's. The hire of Shawn Slocum (former ST coach of the Green Bay Packers) is supposed to remedy that, but I will believe it when I see it.

The lack of a Devil Backer - the ASU defense hinges on the Devil backer position.
Did I miss the part where Kelly was by far the better runner and it will be an issue because Berco isn't a threat? Kelly rushed for 600 yards in '13 but only 295 LY and I assume that was due to his injury? Not to mention the 9 TD's in '13 and the 3 LY. Berco has 24 yards net rushing on 26 attempts and has zero TD's rushing the ball. Before you give me the BS line that you don't need him to rush the ball because of your Rb depth - note that when Kelly was healthy and running the ball, Assu avg 191 and 209 yards respectively in '13 and '12 - while LY the rushing total was 169 a game. Berco's longest rush from scrimmage was 12 yards while Kelly had a long of 52 LY with multiple rushes over 20 yards in his career.

Berco has a great arm and azcat49 can tell you that the first thing I said when Berco came into the game vs Arizona was that he will give us one before this game is over. He did and the only part that was a surprise was that our safety got the pick. What makes it surprising is our safeties almost always play the run first and pass second, but with Berco in it wasn't as pressing since he doesn't run with the ball. So spare us with the "I can be objective" crap because if you were, the QB not rushing the ball would've been the first thing you should've said. It's a huge deal and teams are not going to play him for the run which is going to create fewer lanes and LB's hitting the gaps because they don't have to worry about Kelly keeping it and running around the end.

The other thing that ties back to Kelly not rushing the ball is that the safeties don't have to worry about Berco rushing and you don't have to dedicate a spy either. Berco likes to think he can put the ball in tight spaces because of his arm and that's a lot harder to do at this level. He played in 3 and a half games right? Had 4 ints? Better arm doesn't mean better passer.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Gladiator Cat wrote:UAEbs,

I tried to tell you guys along time ago that Scummy Dick is the old Orange Crush from the deserted long lost site that will go unnamed.

This is the same clown that claimed to be a USC and Colorado Alum (probably not from either) while coming to an UofA site to talk shit way back then when even then it is was clear that OC was not a UofA fan and had ASSU leanings.

Now this goofball has transformed his/her anonymous internet handle into a more correct and direct sounding name as to their true colors as Scummy Dick Douglas.

I can't believe you guys are letting this ASS Crack-State clown rent free space in your brain.

Don't get me wrong, I like good banter from opposing fans, but you can see these clowns coming a mile away.
Yeah i admit I had a bit of a story going with you guys. I wanted to see if it was possible to have a coherent football conversation with you given the rivalry. FTR, I follow almost ten football boards. I like football, a lot. Seeing how angry you guys are getting now, i guess i was right not reveal too much about myself. The CU part is true though, I did go to grad school in Boulder.
Last edited by Scummy Dick Douglas on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scummy Dick Douglas

azgreg wrote:
Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Clearly, ASU is a football school. The type of school you are is determined by the expectations you place and money you spend on a particular sport. Its pretty clear that at ASU, football is where the expectations and money are.
You are aware that every school with a football team spends more on football than all other sports. You guys calling ASSu a football school doesn't make it one.
Of course. Its a higher revenue sport. But if you compare a school like Kentucky to Alabama, Kentucky has a considerably higher percentage of their donations/budget allocated to basketball than Alabama.

How do you define a football school?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Gladiator Cat wrote:UAEbs,

The origin of Scummy DIck Douglas as a name = Holberg's Morning Sickness. Highest rated phx radio show. Still listen to it here in Denver.
Scummy Dick Douglas

dc4azcats wrote:

Did I miss the part where Kelly was by far the better runner and it will be an issue because Berco isn't a threat? Kelly rushed for 600 yards in '13 but only 295 LY and I assume that was due to his injury? Not to mention the 9 TD's in '13 and the 3 LY. Berco has 24 yards net rushing on 26 attempts and has zero TD's rushing the ball. Before you give me the BS line that you don't need him to rush the ball because of your Rb depth - note that when Kelly was healthy and running the ball, Assu avg 191 and 209 yards respectively in '13 and '12 - while LY the rushing total was 169 a game. Berco's longest rush from scrimmage was 12 yards while Kelly had a long of 52 LY with multiple rushes over 20 yards in his career. (1)

Berco has a great arm and azcat49 can tell you that the first thing I said when Berco came into the game vs Arizona was that he will give us one before this game is over. He did and the only part that was a surprise was that our safety got the pick. What makes it surprising is our safeties almost always play the run first and pass second, but with Berco in it wasn't as pressing since he doesn't run with the ball. So spare us with the "I can be objective" crap because if you were, the QB not rushing the ball would've been the first thing you should've said. It's a huge deal and teams are not going to play him for the run which is going to create fewer lanes and LB's hitting the gaps because they don't have to worry about Kelly keeping it and running around the end. (2)

The other thing that ties back to Kelly not rushing the ball is that the safeties don't have to worry about Berco rushing and you don't have to dedicate a spy either. Berco likes to think he can put the ball in tight spaces because of his arm and that's a lot harder to do at this level. He played in 3 and a half games right? Had 4 ints? Better arm doesn't mean better passer.
(3)

1. ASU also passed for many more yards with Bercovici as QB. They were not going to change the offense mid season for Bercovici, but even with him in there for a couple games they used the read option MUCH less. Why wouldn't they change the offense to suite him in the offseason. The running game will be just fine this year. I am willing to place a legit wager on that much.
2. Wait, a QB comes in cold off the bench late in a game and you think that is indicative of his skill set? Look at the games he started guy, his numbers speak for themselves against defenses much better than UA's (i.e. UCLA, Stanford, and USC).
3. Speaking of those numbers, yes he had 4 int's. One of those INT's you cite was his only pass right before half time against Utah (a hail mary attempt). So in those 3.5 games he actually had 11 TD's, 3 INT's, and over 1300 yds. (5 of which were against USC, the most ever thrown in a single game by an opposing QB at the Coliseum.... with no INT's..) Bercovici was the QB for arguably the toughest 3 game stretch of the ASU schedule last year (UCLA, @USC, STAN) and did very, very well.
Scummy Dick Douglas

dc4azcats wrote:

Did I miss the part where Kelly was by far the better runner and it will be an issue because Berco isn't a threat? Kelly rushed for 600 yards in '13 but only 295 LY and I assume that was due to his injury? Not to mention the 9 TD's in '13 and the 3 LY. Berco has 24 yards net rushing on 26 attempts and has zero TD's rushing the ball. Before you give me the BS line that you don't need him to rush the ball because of your Rb depth - note that when Kelly was healthy and running the ball, Assu avg 191 and 209 yards respectively in '13 and '12 - while LY the rushing total was 169 a game. Berco's longest rush from scrimmage was 12 yards while Kelly had a long of 52 LY with multiple rushes over 20 yards in his career. (1)

Berco has a great arm and azcat49 can tell you that the first thing I said when Berco came into the game vs Arizona was that he will give us one before this game is over. He did and the only part that was a surprise was that our safety got the pick. What makes it surprising is our safeties almost always play the run first and pass second, but with Berco in it wasn't as pressing since he doesn't run with the ball. So spare us with the "I can be objective" crap because if you were, the QB not rushing the ball would've been the first thing you should've said. It's a huge deal and teams are not going to play him for the run which is going to create fewer lanes and LB's hitting the gaps because they don't have to worry about Kelly keeping it and running around the end. (2)

(3)

1. ASU also passed for many more yards with Bercovici as QB. They were not going to change the offense mid season for Bercovici, but even with him in there for a couple games they used the read option MUCH less. Why wouldn't they change the offense to suite him in the offseason. The running game will be just fine this year. I am willing to place a legit wager on that much.
2. Wait, a QB comes in cold off the bench late in a game and you think that is indicative of his skill set? Look at the games he started, his numbers speak for themselves against defenses much better than UA's (i.e. UCLA, Stanford, and USC).
3. Speaking of those numbers, yes he had 4 int's. One of those INT's you cite was his only pass right before half time against Utah (a hail mary attempt). So in those 3.5 games he actually had 11 TD's, 3 INT's, and over 1300 yds. (5 of which were against USC, the most ever thrown in a single game by an opposing QB at the Coliseum.... with no INT's..) Bercovici was the QB for arguably the toughest 3 game stretch of the ASU schedule last year (UCLA, @USC, STAN) and did very, very well.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Wow five posts in a row
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Scummy Dick - We have a Arch Rivals forum for talking about other teams. If you want to discuss some other team than the Arizona Wildcats or you just want to talk smack do it on the Arch Rivals forum. That is what it is for.

On the Arizona Football board we have no interest in discussing other teams, your loyalty issues, or your need for attention until it is game week. We love hearing from opposing fans on this board only when it is game week or game month in ASSu's case.

No need to quote, respond or answer any posts unless you want to discuss the subject of the thread. Take your issues to the Arch Rivals forum.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

SDD still doesn't know how to use the quote or delete post functions.

Can we confine this clown to Arch-Rivals please?
-JB
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Javier Moales at AST discusses how rare it is for Coach Rod to have a returning QB and his QB history.
Entering his fourth season at Arizona, Rodriguez will go with only his third returning quarterback in 14 years as a head coach.

This season marks the first time in seven years that Rodriguez will have the same starting quarterback in consecutive years. That dates to White in 2007. After having White as a starter for three seasons at West Virginia, Rodriguez had six different quarterbacks in as many seasons: Threet (2008), Forcier (2009), Robinson (2010), Scott (2012), Denker (2013) and Solomon (2014)
Sage&Silver

Re: Scummy Dick flame wars

Post by Sage&Silver »

You might disagree with much of what the Slum Dick has to say...

so drink up. Only three non-hungover Sundays left in the calendar year!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Yeah i admit I had a bit of a story going with you guys.
Nice euphemism for "I lied so you guys wouldn't know that I'm a fanboy of the Harvard of Date Rape".
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Of course. Its a higher revenue sport. But if you compare a school like Kentucky to Alabama, Kentucky has a considerably higher percentage of their donations/budget allocated to basketball than Alabama.
Kentucky spent 123% of their athletic budget on basketball while thy spent 12.1% on football. Care to define the word considerable?
A school that routinely competes for it's conference title, not just every once in awhile.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Of course. Its a higher revenue sport. But if you compare a school like Kentucky to Alabama, Kentucky has a considerably higher percentage of their donations/budget allocated to basketball than Alabama.
Kentucky spent 123% of their athletic budget on basketball while thy spent 12.1% on football. Care to define the word considerable?
A school that routinely competes for it's conference title, not just every once in awhile.

You're 2 examples are true blue bloods in their sports. Are you trying to compare ASSu football to Alabama football or Kentucky basketball?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Character traits of SDD

1) arrogant
2) condescending

And now we can add liar. Pollutes 10 boards. I agree with Ebs, time to send a message to this clown. Ban him to arch rivals only.

Oh and clown, this board had had years of civil discourse with your clown pussy self. It wasn't until you showed your true clown, pussy self via Twitter that we reared our head.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I ignore all of SDD's posts. Dude is just spitting in the wind.

Anyways, looking forward to the end of "talking season."
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

SBNation posted some of Rich Rod's planning for an opponent. Nothing big or too revealing:
"The game's evolved more over the last seven, eight years than in any time I can remember."

"On Sundays, we start by reviewing what we just did and figuring out what didn't go well. And if we're on the road, we can watch the game on the way home. Our games are so late, but if we ever played an early game, you could watch your game and still have time to watch someone else suffering through those late games."

"It's easier to predict how you think they may play against you," he says. "In the past, it was guesswork. They hadn't seen you, and you hadn't seen them. You'd just do what you do and adapt.

"But your first concern is yourself. There's only 11 guys out there, and you've got to find out the plays you can run and execute well."

Rodriguez's staff focuses on Arizona first. By Sunday evening, however, they've introduced their players to the next opponent.

"As the next two or three days go, you get a feel for how you think they'll defend you, by formation, by play. You make adjustments, but you still try to pay attention to what you do well and what the answers are for what you aren't doing well."

On Mondays, with players getting the day off from practice, each coach will focus on specific situations.

"We have certain areas. Short yardage, red zone, third down; each coach has a section that he watches a little closer. The offensive coordinator and I watch everything. I watch whole games and cutups to get a feel for the personality of the guy calling the defense. I put myself in the shoes of the D.C. I'm him watching us. I've been doing this so long that I know what I'm looking for."

The situational work continues with full-speed practice on Tuesday.

"We have situations -- down and distance, field position -- on every play. We're always moving the ball, moving the situation. I want our players to understand that everything is situations. In our Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday practices, we're never stationary where we put the ball."

"We can't overload these guys. If we want to add a play, we take one away."

What still surprises him on Saturdays?

"There's something every game. And maybe it's you. Maybe you're not executing well, or maybe somebody goes down that you had a key play called for. 'We thought that would work, and it's okay, but this other play is working a whole lot better.' You have to be able to adapt; that's why I think it helps for the players to have grown up in a system like this."

And what about halftime adju-

"The halftime talk is way overrated! First of all, the first five minutes and last five minutes are probably to use the restroom. We're old! We're not passing up on a chance to go to the bathroom! But then our coaches are talking to each other for five minutes, too. You're not going to invent a whole lot of things. You have to keep things simple enough that if you make adjustments, everybody already kind of knows why."
More here: http://www.sbnation.com/a/college-footb ... -work-week
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015- ... rodriguez/
Go back and watch that joint ESPN clip again: You see two coaches with their hands crossed awkwardly in their laps, two coaches who would prefer to be talking about anything but each other, two coaches who are doing their best to be “collegiate” but are also pathologically competitive, two coaches who are seeking to mitigate the errors of their past in part by measuring themselves against the other. Back in his office, Graham tells me, “Any year we lose to Arizona is a miserable year,” and outside his window the sun glints over the bleachers, the afternoon growing hotter by the minute.
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... ued-ascent
“We don’t have a brand name, per say, like a Michigan, USC or Florida," Rodriguez said. "But that doesn’t mean you can’t win it all. It just means you have a couple of obstacles to overcome to do it.”

Unlike his counterpart Todd Graham at rival Arizona State, Rodriguez doesn't often talk about winning the national championship, but the above quote was provided when asked about doing just that. Can he win one at Arizona, and if he can't, might he be tempted again by a program that has a proven brand name?

Rodriguez understands the question, but he's instead going to focus on the present, which is entirely about preseason position battles and the opener against UTSA.
Two decent RichRod articles for your reading pleasure.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Yeah- uh, no.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Coach Rich Rod radio show on right now.

http://tunein.com/radio/Arizona-IMG-Spo ... gn=arizona
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

illcat

Post by illcat »

krissyp wrote:
krissyp wrote:Here comes my favorite part. The part when when an assu scummy becomes unhinged and unglued!!!

Ah yes, first come the "basketball school" references, next blanket statements about "the whole country thinks" how we're irrelevant. Next will be about their Rose Bowls and for the finale, town smack.

Typical and pathetic, yet so so entertaining.

EDIT-HE BROUGHT UP THE ROSE BOWLS BEFORE I EVEN POSTED THIS!!! :lol:

Guy who ends sentences with "!!!" as if he is yelling declares I am coming unglued and unhinged after stating ASU is a historically mediocre football program. Makes sense....

Hint: I don't get that worked up over football. And I rarely get caught up in the bias of specific teams. I usually cling to actual numbers and facts. Hence the reason I tried to steer clear of the virtues of arguing injuries and their effects.

Nope not buying your BS.

Hint: If you're going to "cling" to actual numbers and facts you might want to stop writing sentences like, "The whole country doesn't take you seriously, dude." But I imagine that will be difficult since it took you so long to use the quote feature.

Another Hint: I'm not a guy.

I think we're done here, bye now.
DOH!!!!
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Awesome pregame speech. I'd run through a wall for that guy.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

60 minutes of ARIZONA!!!!
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

Nice read from AG on RR and the staff. Also some video with Casteel talking about going against his son this week.

"We're all on the same page and that continuity, the players can see it," Dews said. "They can see the genuineness in the staff and they know there's no backstabbing.

"I was on a bunch of different staffs before I connected back with Rich, and you would be amazed at the jockeying and the other stuff that goes on behind the scenes that isn't conducive to having a great work atmosphere. Here, there are no agendas, no hidden agendas, no one in the office jockeying to be Coach Rod's best friend.

"We have a great staff of team players, and, believe me, it's not that way everywhere."

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3005 ... ppy-family
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

dc4azcats wrote:Nice read from AG on RR and the staff. Also some video with Casteel talking about going against his son this week.

"We're all on the same page and that continuity, the players can see it," Dews said. "They can see the genuineness in the staff and they know there's no backstabbing.

"I was on a bunch of different staffs before I connected back with Rich, and you would be amazed at the jockeying and the other stuff that goes on behind the scenes that isn't conducive to having a great work atmosphere. Here, there are no agendas, no hidden agendas, no one in the office jockeying to be Coach Rod's best friend.

"We have a great staff of team players, and, believe me, it's not that way everywhere."

I really think the longer RR stays the more this becomes a factor for us, especially in recruiting. A kid knowing that their assistant coach that's recruiting them is likely to be there when they get there is a very unique thing.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dc4azcats wrote:Nice read from AG on RR and the staff. Also some video with Casteel talking about going against his son this week.

Amazing:

Arizona is one of only five programs, among the 128 at the Football Bowl Subdivision level, that has had the same coaching staff since the 2013 season.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Is there really that much turnover at all programs, barring the head man being fired?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

MrBug708 wrote:Is there really that much turnover at all programs, barring the head man being fired?

There sure as hell was with Stoops. Seemed like 2-3 coordinator/position coach changes every year.
-JB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:Is there really that much turnover at all programs, barring the head man being fired?
Obviously if Arizona is one of only 5/128 with the same staff since September 2013.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Not really a telling stat I don't think. Of course there are assistants and position coaches that are trying to move up. It's not like open positions are easy to come by on your current team.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

I think two coaches left from 2012 team. Both are coordinators now. One was a long-time Rich Rod assistant and really good recruiter
Tony Gibson (who ID Scooby Wright before any other D1 did). DC now at WVU

Robert Anae - OC at BYU. Who was retained from Stoops staff. AZ Could match-up against him next year.

EDIT: oops - Spencer Leftwich
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

RichRod will be on Jim Rome in the 11 o'clock hour Arizona time.

http://player.streamtheworld.com/livepl ... ign=KCUBAM
-JB
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Mora up next in the rich eisen show. Might be intriguing.
Sid

Post by Sid »

UAEebs86 wrote:RichRod will be on Jim Rome in the 11 o'clock hour Arizona time.

http://player.streamtheworld.com/livepl ... ign=KCUBAM

Awesome! Thank you
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

RR on Rome scheduled for 11:40
-JB
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:RR on Rome scheduled for 11:40

Solid interview. RR is easily one of the best interviews of all the HCs in college football.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Not too much in the interview, but it was a little telling he said Scooby was way ahead of schedule.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Fishclamps wrote:Not too much in the interview, but it was a little telling he said Scooby was way ahead of schedule.
Scooby being ahead of schedule is basically common knowledge. He was very candid about this being a big game. Good interview.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

A little Jungle Karma can't hurt.