Let's go Bulldogs!
scumdevils86

Re: Fuck asu

Post by scumdevils86 »

Nice pick six by Wilkins
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Tied at the half but ASSu looks like the stronger team.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fresno St really playing well right now and is up by 2 scores.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

There's absolutely no reason we should've lost to ASU.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:There's absolutely no reason we should've lost to ASU.
Sure there is. It’s called totally shitty playcalling on both sides of the ball in the second half.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

And yet the unbiased ESPN continues to fellate Herm on his way to a sub-500 season that should have been disastrously bad despite a roster twice as talented as Arizona’s.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:And yet the unbiased ESPN continues to fellate Herm on his way to a sub-500 season that should have been disastrously bad despite a roster twice as talented as Arizona’s.
Brew is really disappointing in this regard. . .
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ASU's spring football this year is weird. Apparently it's already ending and their spring game is this Thursday, February 28th. They started on February 5th. By far the earliest school in FBS with their practice. Most schools won't have their spring games until April 6/13/20th but ASU will be done by March 1st.

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

ASUHATER! wrote:ASU's spring football this year is weird. Apparently it's already ending and their spring game is this Thursday, February 28th. They started on February 5th. By far the earliest school in FBS with their practice. Most schools won't have their spring games until April 6/13/20th but ASU will be done by March 1st.
I think we've done something similar with Rich. Kinda weird, but i guess it gives more time for people who get injured in the spring to recover. Only positive i can think of .
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

As much as we all hate ASSu I need to give them some credit to being one of only ten schools in the nation to send a team to a bowl game, basketball tourney, and baseball tourney.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

azgreg wrote:As much as we all hate ASSu I need to give them some credit to being one of only ten schools in the nation to send a team to a bowl game, basketball tourney, and baseball tourney.
True and we did not make a bowl game, the basketball or baseball tourney. Worst year for our male sports that I can ever remember

Next year Basketball and hopefully Baseball will make it
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Who is going to win the Arizona attendance crown this year? NAU?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Chicat wrote: Who is going to win the Arizona attendance crown this year? NAU?
Nice new stadium - Although they spent $300M for what could have only cost $50M per the attendance in the picture. Couldn’t they have just moved their games to the Diamondback’s ballpark? Would have been fun watching the rivalry game from the swimming pool.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Well they're ranked
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They will be in every game and have a chance to win each time. Edwards game planning is outstanding. That freshman QB is receiving great coaching and has not turned it over yet. Hate to say it but they are going to win 9 or 10 games I think and in a few years, oh my
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I think you guys use unequal standards when talking about ASU and UofA. I haven’t seen all of their games, but they should have lost that game to MSU and their offense is anemic. If we had scored 30 against Kent and 19 against Sacramento freaking State, you all would be going apeshit. Yes, their defense is impressive. But doesn’t that make them just another one sided team? We’re you all happy during the Tomey years when we lost Freedom Bowls because our team couldn’t put 2 touchdowns on the board? By default, ASU should always be better than us. They recruit better year in and year out. The fact that they have been mediocre for so long should be burning their fan base far more than our struggles upset ours.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's two wins against big 10 teams ASU has been awarded in the last 6 years by bad officiating.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:I think you guys use unequal standards when talking about ASU and UofA. I haven’t seen all of their games, but they should have lost that game to MSU and their offense is anemic. If we had scored 30 against Kent and 19 against Sacramento freaking State, you all would be going apeshit. Yes, their defense is impressive. But doesn’t that make them just another one sided team? We’re you all happy during the Tomey years when we lost Freedom Bowls because our team couldn’t put 2 touchdowns on the board? By default, ASU should always be better than us. They recruit better year in and year out. The fact that they have been mediocre for so long should be burning their fan base far more than our struggles upset ours.
Biggest thing they are always prepared with a game plan that gives them a chance to win. They don’t go on the road and give up 50 in a half and the game is over. They are far from perfect but the trajectory of their program is far above where we are headed, unless this last game becomes the norm for our performances
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Do you think they’ll still be a top 25 team after their next 4 games? If not, their trajectory doesn’t seem to be far above ours at this point.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Freshman QB and 3 freshman OLineman. Biggest loss will be Benjamin at RB but that is probably the easiest position to replace. after the next I think we will see they have competed very well in their games and we will have gone on the road and laid a big egg.

Of course I hope you are right and I am wrong but they have been in every game in the 15 plus games Edwards has coached them. Same can’t be said for Sumlin
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

azcat49 wrote:Freshman QB and 3 freshman OLineman. Biggest loss will be Benjamin at RB but that is probably the easiest position to replace. after the next I think we will see they have competed very well in their games and we will have gone on the road and laid a big egg.

Of course I hope you are right and I am wrong but they have been in every game in the 15 plus games Edwards has coached them. Same can’t be said for Sumlin
I realize it doesn’t support my point vis-a-vis the Wildcats . . . but they weren’t in the game against Arizona. We were hammering them. It took a monstrous clusterfuck of epic failures for us to lose and for them to win that game. That wasn’t great game planning by Herm. They were absolutely clueless for 3 quarters +.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Agreed, yet they somehow won. That illustrates how poorly led we are. They somehow stayed in it and won it just like they have done several times in his tenure.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

azcat49 wrote:Agreed, yet they somehow won. That illustrates how poorly led we are. They somehow stayed in it and won it just like they have done several times in his tenure.
Yes, but the ‘somehow’ was a failure by us, not some in-game adjustment by their coaches. I’m not saying that there aren’t good things going on up there. But painting the picture that they are just headed up and up with a clearly established program belies the results. They should have had a losing record last year and been blasted by their rivals and they should be 2-1 this year with 2 embarrassing showings against non D1 type schools. You’re right, they aren’t. But by razor thin margins and incompetence on the part of pac 12 refs and our coaching staff . . . not by some great execution by their team.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well I do hope you are right and they suck hard but I just think they will win many a close game by playing ball control football and putting an emphasis on defense. Kind of the recipe Tomey took.

I hope Sumlin can find a way to get that type of performance we saw Saturday every week. If so I would be very encouraged. I am just waiting for us to go on the road and the game to be over at the half
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I’m waiting for the levels of success from our team that make me not care what’s going on up there. This past weekend was a good sign. Only time will tell. I will say our schedule sets up more favorably to consolidate success. They are headed into the closest thing the Pac-12 can come up with for a Murderer’s Row. If they clean that up, then you are probably right.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Wow.

Don't have a subscription, can someone post?

-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The top-scoring rivalries by these criteria are not necessarily the most famous, or the fiercest. Rather, they are the ones where neither team has any other significant rivals to steal away points. Topping the college football chart is Arizona-Arizona State. With no other serious rivals, Arizona fans gave an average of 89 points to their cross-state rival, and Arizona State averaged 83 points back.
The Biggest Rivalries
Knowrivalry.com asked fans of North American professional and college teams to allocate 100 points among their most hated rivals. Here are the strongest rivalries in each of these sports.

C.F.B.: Arizona-Arizona St.
M.L.B.: Giants-Dodgers
N.F.L.: Falcons-Saints
M.L.S.: Toronto-Montreal
N.H.L.: Flyers-Penguins
N.B.A.: Lakers-Celtics
Get the data Created with Datawrapper
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

scumdevils86 wrote:Well they're ranked
The only thing that makes me feel better about our collapse is ASU's parallel collapse. 5-1, ranked as high as #18, and now losers of FOUR straight with likely another loss coming vs Oregon next Saturday.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fuck ASSU for giving Alabama a glimmer of hope of getting into the Playoff.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Looks like asu hired the right guy while the UofA didn't. It seems like the the future for UofA football is bleak while asu football is on the rise. I was in the minority in being a RichRod supporter. Many thought he was not a good coach. Going to 5 bowl games and winning the Pac-12 South wasn't too shabby for this program.

I doubt Sumlin will get fired because it would cost $10 million. The Cats are desperate and I would do whatever it takes to steal Antonio Pierce from asu. If they would be able to do that, maybe some of those highly-rated recruits he got would follow him.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:Fuck ASSU for giving Alabama a glimmer of hope of getting into the Playoff.
My first thought.
asudevilfan1

U of eh = where dreams go to die

Post by asudevilfan1 »

That's all you U of eh fans have, is to say Fuck ASU. Hilarious. Don't blame us because your basketball team is under investigation. Don't blame us because you STILL can't put together a football team that can win 8 games, and don't blame us because Tucson sucks. The game is always close, I will not run my mouth about how we're going to beat that ass, but I WILL say that the difference in talk about our respective head coaches couldn't be any different. The only thing better than watching ASU (aka big brother) win on Saturdays is staying up a few more hours watching U of eh (little brother) lose to, well, whoever. Hawaii, Utah, doesn't matter. Hang on tight to your lately-mediocre basketball program because that's all you have left. Oh and some softball on occasion. And eegee's. And the Jem show. LMAO. Losers.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Huh? This guy is great.
azgreg

Re: U of eh = where dreams go to die

Post by azgreg »

asudevilfan1 wrote:Image
We know.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

asudevilfan1 wrote:and don't blame us because Tucson sucks.
Um, have you seen Tempe? You probably took a couple online classes and dropped out.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

asudevilfan1 wrote:And the Jem show. LMAO. Losers.
Speaks for itself.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

asudevilfan1 wrote:That's all you U of eh fans have, is to say Fuck ASU. Hilarious. Don't blame us because your basketball team is under investigation. Don't blame us because you STILL can't put together a football team that can win 8 games, and don't blame us because Tucson sucks. The game is always close, I will not run my mouth about how we're going to beat that ass, but I WILL say that the difference in talk about our respective head coaches couldn't be any different. The only thing better than watching ASU (aka big brother) win on Saturdays is staying up a few more hours watching U of eh (little brother) lose to, well, whoever. Hawaii, Utah, doesn't matter. Hang on tight to your lately-mediocre basketball program because that's all you have left. Oh and some softball on occasion. And eegee's. And the Jem show. LMAO. Losers.
I wonder how long a nap this guy needed to recover from the mental effort it took to put together this masterpiece.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

TatetheGreat wrote:
asudevilfan1 wrote:And the Jem show. LMAO. Losers.
Speaks for itself.
An ASU Cum Laude grad and one of their intellectual jymnasts.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like ASSu needs a DC as well.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

This guy was asking about Greg Giraldo and this ASU alum/moron (@cornopolous1) thought they were talking about Geraldo Rivera. :lol:
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Another Scum Devils game cancelled?

Just like with herpes, chlamydia, and syphilis, ASU is a Petri dish of disease and degradation.