Pelini calls Nebraska AD a Pussy and Total Cunt

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

the real dill

Pelini calls Nebraska AD a Pussy and Total Cunt

Post by the real dill »

"I didn't really have any relationship with the A.D.," Pelini said. "The guy, you guys saw him (Sunday), the guy is a total p----. I mean, he is, and he's a total c---."

"A guy like (Eichorst) who has no integrity, he doesn't even understand what a core value is," Pelini told players. "And he hasn't understood it from the day he got here. I saw it when I first met with the guy.
"To have core values means you have to be about something, you have to represent something, you have to have something that is important to you. He is a f------ lawyer who makes policies. That's all he's done since he's been here is hire people and make policies to cover his own ass."
If Eichorst wasn’t going to support him, Pelini said, a change was for the best.
“He goes, I disagree that I haven't supported you. I said, 'Hey bud, you can't support someone under a f-ing rock.' I said, to do your job at this level, in a place like this, you gotta be a grown-ass f-ing man...to lead something. I said you can't lead anything under a f-ing rock. I said you don't spend any time with us. Our players don't even know who you are. That isn't leadership.
“And he said, 'Well I appreciate (your) advice.'”
“I said, 'I suggest you take it, but see you later.' And that's how it went down.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/bo-pelini- ... da4f8.html
azthrillhouse

Re: Pelini calls Nebraska AD a Pussy and Total Cunt

Post by azthrillhouse »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

“I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.”

lmao
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

This is a case study on burning bridges: those you've crossed and those you've yet to cross! Hope he enjoys his new gig because who in their right minds would hire this guy? Perhaps he can take some anger management courses at his new school?

Go Cats!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Watch Youngstown back away in a hurry...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One thing though. Many of us have worked for guys like that AD and we all felt like what Pelini said. Good for him for saying what he believes, even though it may cost him future revenue.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

azcat49 wrote:One thing though. Many of us have worked for guys like that AD and we all felt like what Pelini said. Good for him for saying what he believes, even though it may cost him future revenue.
http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/viewtop ... =13&t=1511
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

the real dill wrote:
azcat49 wrote:One thing though. Many of us have worked for guys like that AD and we all felt like what Pelini said. Good for him for saying what he believes, even though it may cost him future revenue.
http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/viewtop ... =13&t=1511
For realz....

Would any of us hire someone who said something like that about their old boss to a bunch of junior members of their organization?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

it's one thing to think those things about your former boss(totally acceptable) and another to say them walking out the door to your people that worked under you
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

I wouldn't say "good for him"....but I do envy the satisfaction he must have felt in getting that off his chest in such an epic way.

Problem is, the professional world doesn't run on id - while that type of rant may be satisfying, it's never productive.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

No doubt he crossed the line in speaking to his players and throwing the AD under the bus like that and it will cost him big time but it was interesting that he echoed a line that RR used about everyone pulling the rope in the same direction.

I think the part that echoed with me was for a leader to put on his big boy pants and to do the thing that is not always popular but is best for the program/company in the long run. I am sure the AD felt he did this and Bo felt otherwise. I think Thrill said it better then I did in that he envied the satisfaction he must of had in telling the AD just what he felt

EDIT: this is what happens when you get older and you just don't have to play the political game at work anymore :lol:
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

azcat49 wrote:No doubt he crossed the line in speaking to his players and throwing the AD under the bus like that and it will cost him big time but it was interesting that he echoed a line that RR used about everyone pulling the rope in the same direction.

I think the part that echoed with me was for a leader to put on his big boy pants and to do the thing that is not always popular but is best for the program/company in the long run. I am sure the AD felt he did this and Bo felt otherwise. I think Thrill said it better then I did in that he envied the satisfaction he must of had in telling the AD just what he felt

EDIT: this is what happens when you get older and you just don't have to play the political game at work anymore :lol:
No, I definitely think it's hilarious he completely pile drived a punk ass yes man. However, he is basically unemployable at any real school going forward. He is making fun of the AD for bringing security to the exit meeting, but I think the AD legitimately feared a physical altercation.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

azcat49 wrote:
I want your job! :-)

Really, the mistake Bo made was the forum he chose for his rant.

When you get older, you realize:
Don't rant in writing/email
Don't rant on the phone (you don't know who might be recording/eavesdropping)
Don't rant in a group setting
Don't rant in a scheduled environment (where people might be prepared to record you)
Don't rant with lawyers or journalists present

If Bo could have cornered the AD in the parking lot after work or some other informal but private conversation (might not have been easy to pull off, granted) and said the exact same things, he could have got 80-90% of the satisfaction with only 10-20% of the career-limiting impact.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Holy shit are we lucky to have Greg Byrne, Rich Rodriguez, and Sean Miller leading our programs. We might be the luckiest fanbase in the nation. You can't say that Greg Byrne isn't front and center for everything that happens around the various sports. He's easily the most active and visible AD I've ever seen.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chicat wrote:Holy shit are we lucky to have Greg Byrne, Rich Rodriguez, and Sean Miller leading our programs. We might be the luckiest fanbase in the nation. You can't say that Greg Byrne isn't front and center for everything that happens around the various sports. He's easily the most active and visible AD I've ever seen.

Yep and he has President Weaver in Tow as well. They all look very happy and we get the benefit of that. I still pinch myself everyday that RR won the south in his 3rd year on the job.

Hopefully SM gets his FF and this sports year will be epic
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

the real dill wrote:
azcat49 wrote:No doubt he crossed the line in speaking to his players and throwing the AD under the bus like that and it will cost him big time but it was interesting that he echoed a line that RR used about everyone pulling the rope in the same direction.

No, I definitely think it's hilarious he completely pile drived a punk ass yes man. However, he is basically unemployable at any real school going forward. He is making fun of the AD for bringing security to the exit meeting, but I think the AD legitimately feared a physical altercation.

Agreed Dill, not a great career move but really fun non the less hearing someone else give it to there boss that they thought was being unsupportive of what he thought was a job well done.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Catstatic wrote:This is a case study on burning bridges: those you've crossed and those you've yet to cross! Hope he enjoys his new gig because who in their right minds would hire this guy? Perhaps he can take some anger management courses at his new school?

Go Cats!!

He should borrow some of the drugs his brother has. Might calm him down.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Holy shit are we lucky to have Greg Byrne, Rich Rodriguez, and Sean Miller leading our programs. We might be the luckiest fanbase in the nation. You can't say that Greg Byrne isn't front and center for everything that happens around the various sports. He's easily the most active and visible AD I've ever seen.
Absolutely! There may be programs (maybe) with a better AD, or FB coach or BB coach, but nobody has the trio like we have.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I don't think it makes him unemployable. I would imagine he has been under considerable pressure and a microscope by the AD for some time now. It's one thing if he isn't performing, but he was.

EARTH TO NEBRASKA: You aren't what you used to be. Its cold, flat and white there. Recruits don't need your infamy for exposure to move to the next level anymore. They want to go somewhere warm where the women can wear little clothing year round as opposed somewhere cold where the women put on 20 lbs of beer fat every winter. They want to plat in a conference that doesn't suck the life out of you every time you watch a game.

That program is going to struggle mightily to achieve the consistent success Pelini had, even if his brain is in fact made of bricks and ground beef.

That being said, the guy is a meme in human form. I think it's great.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

splitsecond wrote:EARTH TO NEBRASKA: You aren't what you used to be. Its cold, flat and white there. Recruits don't need your infamy for exposure to move to the next level anymore. They want to go somewhere warm where the women can wear little clothing year round as opposed somewhere cold where the women put on 20 lbs of beer fat every winter. They want to plat in a conference that doesn't suck the life out of you every time you watch a game.
I think hiring Riley was a total acknowledgement of all of these things. Winning 9 games in a shit conference is just fine. But do it with some sort of approachability and good cheer for the press, boosters, and alumni. Pelini being a total cunt was only going to work if he was making the playoff yearly.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Honestly will miss Pelini as Nebraska's HC. One of the more entertaining CFB coaching tenures I've ever seen.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

splitsecond wrote:I don't think it makes him unemployable. I would imagine he has been under considerable pressure and a microscope by the AD for some time now. It's one thing if he isn't performing, but he was.

EARTH TO NEBRASKA: You aren't what you used to be. Its cold, flat and white there. Recruits don't need your infamy for exposure to move to the next level anymore. They want to go somewhere warm where the women can wear little clothing year round as opposed somewhere cold where the women put on 20 lbs of beer fat every winter. They want to plat in a conference that doesn't suck the life out of you every time you watch a game.

That program is going to struggle mightily to achieve the consistent success Pelini had, even if his brain is in fact made of bricks and ground beef.

Agree with some points but Bo didn't have consistent success. They never won any conference championships in a shitty conference or won any big bowl games
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

splitsecond wrote:I don't think it makes him unemployable. I would imagine he has been under considerable pressure and a microscope by the AD for some time now. It's one thing if he isn't performing, but he was.

Did you read or listen to the whole thing? After completely destroying his former employer, he then not-so-subtly suggests to the players they should all transfer. I can't imagine a lot of big time AD's are lining up for that nonsense. I could see him getting non-power 5 job, but hiring that guy at a big school will be a PR nightmare.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

No d1 school,even showed interest in hiring him. Just one fcs school
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Karma can be a bitch.

This is the same slimeball coach who, in my opinion, had his linebacker cheap shot Willie Tuitama in our game at LSU resulting in a season long serious concussion. I hope his career continues to spiral into the toilet.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

not concerned in the least about pelini's current financial situation, nor his future employment prospects. that rant might shut some elite coaching doors but will propel him in the cushy but lucrative world of sports analysis and endorsements. the media and brands love this stuff. we'll probably see him as a b1g network studio analyst and in commercials endorsing axe body spray or something soon enough. dude has zero worries at this juncture.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well Pelini is still the coach of Youngstown state as of now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.