Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

Re: Coach Rod

Post by Carcassdragger »

He said some things that made her uncomfortable and made her cry. But give her 7.5 million and she'll feel better.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

ramcat wrote:Lev guessing Helfrich.

https://twitter.com/MichaelJLev/status/ ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank
OMG please NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO. He may be worse than RR.
Last edited by Gladiator Cat on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

No to that.

Tim Floyd hire
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

CalStateTempe wrote:No to that.

Tim Floyd hire
Yes, great example!
prh

Post by prh »

Didn't Lev guess someone different earlier today? Don't think he's worth paying attention to.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:If even half her allegations are true, and the other half overstatements, did Bryne even bother calling Michigan before he hired RR? You're hiring the face of a billion dollar university. I mean, some of this would have had to be going on there too with sexual harassment and staff management, etc. But then again at the time RR, was of course railroaded out of Michigan by the evil Michigan men who had it out for him, so why even bother talking to them, right?

For so long I was of the opinion Bryne really didn't have much of a role in all this, but now starting to wonder what exactly he allowed to be swept under the rug and ignore.
Yeah... back to that bullshit story that so many here loved to buy hook, line, & sinker.

Jim Harbaugh, a "Michigan man" through & through, has just completed his third season in Ann Arbor where he has amassed a 28-11 record overall, 18-8 conference record, and he has had two 10-win seasons. It seems to be conventional wisdom that his seat is percolating; Win a conference title next year and beat your rivals or else...

DickRod went 15-22 overall, 6-18 in conference, and was fired after season 3. Not because he was an abysmal failure, apparently, but because all those meanies up in Ann Arbor refused to give him enough time to turn things around because he was "not one of their own".

He was fired because he sucked ass and they expect to be a dominant force.

End of story.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

geez. i don't pay attention to the news (or sporting news) for a day and a half and all hell breaks loose.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

carcassdragger wrote:He said some things that made her uncomfortable and made her cry. But give her 7.5 million and she'll feel better.
"If only the b**** had just spread her legs for the big boss to keep our warriors satisfied and virile, ready for battle on the gridiron; to the strong go the spoils. Doesn't she know her job is to please & satisfy? Hell, she probably would have enjoyed it if she wasn't such an uppity b*tch".

Does that sound better?

Do the world a favor and do not procreate, knuckledragger.
prh

Post by prh »

I know that this board is 95% male, but can we try to keep it a place that females might feel at least somewhat comfortable around? We aren't some shit fan base, let's not become one.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

prh wrote:I know that this board is 95% male, but can we try to keep it a place that females might feel at least somewhat comfortable around? We aren't some shit fan base, let's not become one.
QFT. Agree with Harvey, too.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Holy shit. Don't check the board for a day and I come back to this. WTF. I've wanted the douche gone for 2yrs so I should celebrate but damn - hard to do so due to the circumstances of his exit. It comes to no surprise whatsoever that he's a massive piece of shit human being. Slippery ass used car salesman is all I could think of when watching him speak over the last years.

Bring in someone young, proven in lesser leagues, with a solid defensive mindset and a chip on the shoulder. I care less about the Xs and Os - we need some fire in this program.
Sid

Post by Sid »

threenumberones wrote:Holy shit. Don't check the board for a day and I come back to this. WTF. I've wanted the douche gone for 2yrs so I should celebrate but damn - hard to do so due to the circumstances of his exit. It comes to no surprise whatsoever that he's a massive piece of shit human being. Slippery ass used car salesman is all I could think of when watching him speak over the last years.

Bring in someone young, proven in lesser leagues, with a solid defensive mindset and a chip on the shoulder. I care less about the Xs and Os - we need some fire in this program.
You had me at defensive mindset. I would give my left nut for a glimmer of hope to what we had in Desert Swarm. Punch them in the throat, smash mouth football.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Harvey Specter wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:He said some things that made her uncomfortable and made her cry. But give her 7.5 million and she'll feel better.
"If only the b**** had just spread her legs for the big boss to keep our warriors satisfied and virile, ready for battle on the gridiron; to the strong go the spoils. Doesn't she know her job is to please & satisfy? Hell, she probably would have enjoyed it if she wasn't such an uppity b*tch".

Does that sound better?

Yep, 7.5 isn't enough. Maybe 10 million will make her feel better.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

carcassdragger wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Does that sound better?

Or maybe you're the one bleeding from the asshole.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Sid wrote:
threenumberones wrote:Holy shit. Don't check the board for a day and I come back to this. WTF. I've wanted the douche gone for 2yrs so I should celebrate but damn - hard to do so due to the circumstances of his exit. It comes to no surprise whatsoever that he's a massive piece of shit human being. Slippery ass used car salesman is all I could think of when watching him speak over the last years.

You had me at defensive mindset. I would give my left nut for a glimmer of hope to what we had in Desert Swarm. Punch them in the throat, smash mouth football.
Yea. That's where I'm at. If anything RR made me realize what our identity should be.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

carcassdragger wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Does that sound better?

Not a good look for you dude. Go back to 1962.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

carcassdragger wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Does that sound better?

I hope to God any women you have in your life get far far away from a creep like you as soon as possible.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
prh

Post by prh »

Can a mod clear out....well pretty much this whole page? This garbage doesn't deserve to survive and I'd like to avoid a locked thread.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

prh wrote:Can a mod clear out....well pretty much this whole page? This garbage doesn't deserve to survive and I'd like to avoid a locked thread.
Seriously, carcass has dumped some crap in this thread.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Yikes... that's messed up... I'm not a fan of her but if even half of what she says is true, no one deserves to go through that..
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Did I hear correctly, that beyond RR, it was said that coaching staff and players were and complicit in harrassment?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

ramcat wrote:Did I hear correctly, that beyond RR, it was said that coaching staff and players were and complicit in harrassment?
She said players sent her dick pics and an assistant (Dusty, I believe) asked if she rubbed her boobs on a booster.

Edit: If the pics are true, that is very easy to prove.
Last edited by btfd16 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

ramcat wrote:Did I hear correctly, that beyond RR, it was said that coaching staff and players were and complicit in harrassment?
The complaint says some staff and players participated in the harassment.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

btfd16 wrote:
She said players sent her dick pics and an assistant (Dusty, I believe) asked if she rubbed her boobs on a booster.

Yes, and likely why the university will have to settle on her terms.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

btfd16 wrote:

Then denied her transfer requests twice
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

prh wrote:Can a mod clear out....well pretty much this whole page? This garbage doesn't deserve to survive and I'd like to avoid a locked thread.
No one has reported anythjing (yet), so I'm not inclined to start deleting posts unless personal attacks get out of control.

If people want to out themselves as misogynists who think a woman should just shut up and take anything a man dishes out, verbal or physical, when they themselves would never stand for having a man grab and try to kiss them, or would stand by while he jerked off in his shorts during a one-on-one meeting, hey . . . who am I stop them?

But of course these big strong swinging dicks we have on this board won't attach their real name to these opinions...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Well I have to give Chief his due. He finally threw something against the wall and it stuck. Good for you Chief. Now are you going to be a man of your word and leave this site or continue to entertain me? Now we get to start over. A new coach and then the old wait and see if he works out stuff. Oh gosh I can hardly wait. If RR did what he's been accused of and all the other little tidbits we're hearing are true then yea he should go. The question now remains, why did our not so courageous AD not fire him earlier? All of this was already known. Why didn't he do it after the turd of a losing season we had last year and then wait until this outside group conducting an investigation say the charges against him are unsubstantiated and then he goes out and has a winning season? I think its obvious Heeke wanted him gone. I guess he was looking for another excuse so he wouldn't appear to be a total tool like our counterpart up the road in Tempe. So who do we hire now? A coordinator from the P12 or SEC or Big10 or a warmed over head coach from the WAC or the Mountain West? By the way, I do believe Matt Scott has a point. He didn't compare RR to Miller as coaches, he was simply saying Miller shouldn't be tweeting things about reaffirming values when his own basketball program has been shown to be not so value oriented lately. Players under him were paid by an outside entity and an assistant coach was fired and charged with a felony and now try to convince me Miller had no knowledge of it. LOL. Anyway, things over the next few weeks will not be boring. The King is dead, long live the King. whoever it turns out to be.
New winner for worst post in this current saga, congrats.

Ahhhh did I hurt your feelings? Poor baby. I don't know if this is true but I read RR was fired by email. The chicken shit AD didn't even have the guts to face him to fire him. LOL
you just look more ridiculous the longer you defend poor little ol rich rod.

I'm not defending Rich Rod for God Sakes. I said if those allegations are true he needed to be fired. Got no problem with the firing. I got a problem with an AD that knew things for some time and was obviously afraid to fire him because he might look like a turd for firing a guy that's seemingly turning a program around. He waits for the law suit so none of this rubs off on him. Gee I'm only reaffirming our values, my ass. He obviously wanted RR gone for some time. At least those folks up the road had the balls to just say hey we don't like the direction Graham is headed and we're firing him. Again it is what it is and I'm constantly entertained by what goes on here. Sakes alive man, Chief seemingly knew about this for weeks. LOL. If you're gonna fire the man, just fire him.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:[
I'm not defending Rich Rod for God Sakes. I said if those allegations are true he needed to be fired. Got no problem with the firing. I got a problem with an AD that knew things for some time and was obviously afraid to fire him because he might look like a turd for firing a guy that's seemingly turning a program around. He waits for the law suit so none of this rubs off on him. Gee I'm only reaffirming our values, my ass.
He was going to be let go after the ASU disaster but the lawsuit came up and had to wait for it to play out and the investigation to be over.

If they waited it out they could fire him with cause and not have to pay him all the money. But since the investigation ended over the last couple of days and that isn't the case, they're now firing him anyway.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

I seriously hope this is all fabricated and she is making a money grab because she doesn’t like rich rod. That would be the best for all parties involved, especially her. I can’t imagine my wife or daughter going through anything like that. But Her claims are very detailed, sadly, where there smoke, there’s fire.
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Sounds like she was concerned about Tucson backlash. Perhaps that is why the complaint was not filed until after the bowl. Also, that gave the University a reason to wait to act, because it was not filed yet.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Chicat wrote:
No one has reported anythjing (yet), so I'm not inclined to start deleting posts unless personal attacks get out of control.

If people want to out themselves as misogynists who think a woman should just shut up and take anything a man dishes out, verbal or physical, when they themselves would never stand for having a man grab and try to kiss them, or would stand by while he jerked off in his shorts during a one-on-one meeting, hey . . . who am I stop them?

But of course these big strong swinging dicks we have on this board won't attach their real name to these opinions...
Nope, just the opposite. I think a woman (or a man for that matter) shouldn't have to put up with what was alleged. I just think the first step here is to speak up and tell the perps to knock it off , and then file a formal complaint if the acts or environment doesn't improve. If I'm reading this right, the first formal complaint is asking for 7.5 mil. Makes it seem that much of what was alleged was embellished. I didn't see anywhere in the complaint where she spoke up and stated the entire environment was inappropriate, just that she cried when noone could see she was upset. Failure to stand up for oneself and to only do it while seeking compensation doesn't empower women.

And BTW I'm thinking the environment probably was inappropriate, just think there is room for nuanced discussion instead of participating in a witch hunt with only one side of the story told.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

What you posted was "nuanced discussion"?

Ok, sure. I'll play along with that.

Since we're playing pretend, let's pretend that Rita's nacho dip was the best in town. And that Sasquatch is a regular at my Saturday night poker game.

This is fun!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

There's been plenty of nuanced discussion until you came in here and trivialized her. About time to GTFO
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Get a rope! Burn him at the stake!

I'm feeling bad for the Rodriguez family.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I have a really hard time believing that dick pics were sent if the independent investigation found none of that. I trust Wolken when he said he believes the investigation was thorough.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Machina post of the year already, slow down son.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

carcassdragger wrote:Get a rope! Burn him at the stake!
Is there such a thing as a nuanced straw man? Oh right! It’s still pretend time up here in Romper Room.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

no women should ever feel uncomfortable, threatened, or scared anywhere from a man or god forbid a group of men.

however, there is always two to play, and I suggest that some consider there is a second side to this story, including a decade of service and choices/behavior in the athletic and specifically the football dept before RR even got to AZ.

either way, no women should ever have to endure objectification or harassment at work or anywhere.

it’s unacceptable in every way and can’t be tolerated in any way whatsoever.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

An interesting wrinkle to add to the story is Ken Kendrick / Diamondbacks refuting some of the statements made in the proof of claim.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 000900001/" target="_blank
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

carcassdragger and splitsecond clearly have a dog in this fight, yet the dog doesn't appear to be RichRod himself. Weird!
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Bruins01 wrote:carcassdragger and splitsecond clearly have a dog in this fight, yet the dog doesn't appear to be RichRod himself. Weird!
The idea that allegations shouldn't be questioned or vetted is absurd. I also haven't said anything contrary to RichRod being a "dog" since the Proof of Claim was made public. He very clearly is the "dog" at MINIMUM in the sense that he was a piece of shit to his wife and family. Frankly that's enough for me to bid him adieu, because he is supposed to be the leader of young men on and off the field.

You have to find a balance to evaluate this sorts of things. Duke Lacrosse happened. The false rape allegations at UVA that cost Rolling Stone millions happened. White women sent black men to prison with false rape allegations on many occasions before desegregation. People lie - and lie a fucking lot.

So if being a skeptic and not wanting to immediately ruin someone's life makes me a fuckhead, so be it. I am not going to virtue signal and throw every person who is accused away just because allegations exist - even if they can't recruit their way out of a two star paper bag.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:What you posted was "nuanced discussion"?

Since we're playing pretend, let's pretend that Rita's nacho dip was the best in town. And that Sasquatch is a regular at my Saturday night poker game.

This is fun!
While the major averages continue to set historic highs on a near-daily basis, knuckledragger's self-awareness appears to hit yet another all-time low. Inquiring minds want to know: When will it actually bottom?

Do not bet on anytime soon... the mirrors in his house are clearly distorted. And not just a little bit.

PS - Look up the meaning of the word "nuanced". I am quite certain that it doesn't mean what you think it means....
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

splitsecond wrote:
People lie - and lie a fucking lot.

Gee, I wonder where people in this country learned that to get ahead, you can just lie your fucking ass off, day after day, with no consequences?

Mmmmmmmmm.......
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Harvey Specter wrote:

This is fun!
While the major averages continue to set historic highs on a near-daily basis, knuckledragger's self-awareness appears to hit yet another all-time low. Inquiring minds want to know: When will it actually bottom?

Do not bet on anytime soon... the mirrors in his house are clearly distorted. And not just a little bit.

PS - Look up the meaning of the word "nuanced". I am quite certain that it doesn't mean what you think it means....
Harvey, come off it man. I've seen more than once where a woman will participate in the bantering that occurs in a male dominated environment, laughing along and making jokes and saying inappropriate things including invitations to get it on. In both instances, this went on for a significant amount of time without a single complaint or her verbally stating that she felt uncomfortable. Next thing was a formal complaint when the complainant certainly was one of the prime instigators (not saying this is the case here)....and no, I wasn't involved.

Too many sexual harassment prevention programs don't require the alleged victim to speak up as the very first step, before ruining careers and lives with allegations.

Once again, I'm not defending the situation if the allegations are entirely true, and if what was alleged is true, it's bad enough that it shouldn't have happened; but it isn't empowering to women when the first complaint or indication of the victim's discomfort is request for 7.5 million. Of course maybe I missed in the complaint where she asserted herself to the powers that be. Sometimes the right take isn't the most popular one.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

carcassdragger wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

This is fun!

Harvey, come off it man. I've seen more than once where a woman will participate in the bantering that occurs in a male dominated environment, laughing along and making jokes and saying inappropriate things including invitations to get it on. In both instances, this went on for a significant amount of time without a single complaint or her verbally stating that she felt uncomfortable. Next thing was a formal complaint when the complainant certainly was one of the prime instigators (not saying this is the case here)....and no, I wasn't involved.

Too many sexual harassment prevention programs don't require the alleged victim to speak up as the very first step, before ruining careers and lives with allegations.

Once again, I'm not defending the situation if the allegations are entirely true, and if what was alleged is true, it's bad enough that it shouldn't have happened; but it isn't empowering to women when the first complaint or indication of the victim's discomfort is request for 7.5 million. Of course maybe I missed in the complaint where she asserted herself to the powers that be. Sometimes the right take isn't the most popular one.
Well she supposedly requested a transfer multiple times before the $7.5M lawsuit.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Yeah, classic misogynist move to turn the responsibility for the harrassment, assault, toxic work environment, etc. back on the woman for not making more noise or getting out sooner.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I wonder why women would be hesitant to come forward with harassment or misconduct allegations as they are happening?

*Reads carcassdragger and splitsecond’s posts*

Never mind, I got my question answered.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:I wonder why women would be hesitant to come forward with harassment or misconduct allegations as they are happening?

no shit. no awareness whatsoever.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:I wonder why women would be hesitant to come forward with harassment or misconduct allegations as they are happening?

What if in this case, maybe, as I don’t speak from first hand knowledge, the women involved allegedly had a 12 year history of sleeping with her married boss(es), both of which happened to be the Head Coach, and both of which happened to be married, to which she served as the personal assistant to both.

and I’m asking, not telling, would that ding credibility at all or show motive for what was perhaps alternative intent in that complaint?

im asking to know where the line is drawn to show complicate behavior, or are we to believe and supposed to believe that in all these cases the dominant figure in each individual case, male or female, is immediately responsible and guilty of the claims?

again I’m asking, cause in this day and age of rampant sexual harassment, is there a blurred line, or is it black and white?

obviously there is no place for harassment anywhere anytime whatsoever.

Interested in your feedback.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:

What if in this case, maybe, as I don’t speak from first hand knowledge, the women involved allegedly had a 12 year history of sleeping with her married boss(es), both of which happened to be the Head Coach, and both of which happened to be married, to which she served as the personal assistant to both.

and I’m asking, not telling, would that ding credibility at all or show motive for what was perhaps alternative intent in that complaint?

im asking to know where the line is drawn to show complicate behavior, or are we to believe and supposed to believe that in all these cases the dominant figure in each individual case, male or female, is immediately responsible and guilty of the claims?

again I’m asking, cause in this day and age of rampant sexual harassment, is there a blurred line, or is it black and white?

obviously there is no place for harassment anywhere anytime whatsoever.

Interested in your feedback.
Here is the point of the post I made that you quoted:

Women report workplace sexual harassment or misconduct right away and oftentimes they’re labeled as “disgruntled” or “a troublemaker” by their coworkers. Why can’t she just brush it off? Is she trying to get her boss’s job? Etc.

Women don’t report it right away, but when it gets so bad they have to transfer or quit or they feel they need to take legal action they are labeled as gold-diggers, or people say it couldn’t have been that bad because they put up with it for so long. Why didn’t they report it sooner? What did they do to encourage it? Maybe she’s just a slut and now she’s trying to make some money off it.

I believe women until I’m given a really good reason not to believe them. On top of that, it doesn’t matter to me if a woman goes out drinking with the guys or participates in sexual banter or wears revealing clothes, even if she sleeps around with guys in her office. That doesn’t give anyone the right to harass her, force her to do things outside of her job description (like keep the boss’s affair a secret), or to grab, pinch, rub, or kiss her against her will.

Could this woman in particular be lying about these accusations? Sure. Has anyone provided proof that she’s lying outside of trying to say she’s got low morals and worse character? Absolutely not. If RichRod has evidence that what she says is false, I’d love to hear it because when anyone lies about things like this, it makes it that much harder for others to be believed.