Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Coach Rod

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:
97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:I wonder why women would be hesitant to come forward with harassment or misconduct allegations as they are happening?

*Reads carcassdragger and splitsecond’s posts*

Never mind, I got my question answered.
What if in this case, maybe, as I don’t speak from first hand knowledge, the women involved allegedly had a 12 year history of sleeping with her married boss(es), both of which happened to be the Head Coach, and both of which happened to be married, to which she served as the personal assistant to both.

and I’m asking, not telling, would that ding credibility at all or show motive for what was perhaps alternative intent in that complaint?

im asking to know where the line is drawn to show complicate behavior, or are we to believe and supposed to believe that in all these cases the dominant figure in each individual case, male or female, is immediately responsible and guilty of the claims?

again I’m asking, cause in this day and age of rampant sexual harassment, is there a blurred line, or is it black and white?

obviously there is no place for harassment anywhere anytime whatsoever.

Interested in your feedback.
Here is the point of the post I made that you quoted:

Women report workplace sexual harassment or misconduct right away and oftentimes they’re labeled as “disgruntled” or “a troublemaker” by their coworkers. Why can’t she just brush it off? Is she trying to get her boss’s job? Etc.

Women don’t report it right away, but when it gets so bad they have to transfer or quit or they feel they need to take legal action they are labeled as gold-diggers, or people say it couldn’t have been that bad because they put up with it for so long. Why didn’t they report it sooner? What did they do to encourage it? Maybe she’s just a slut and now she’s trying to make some money off it.

I believe women until I’m given a really good reason not to believe them. On top of that, it doesn’t matter to me if a woman goes out drinking with the guys or participates in sexual banter or wears revealing clothes, even if she sleeps around with guys in her office. That doesn’t give anyone the right to harass her, force her to do things outside of her job description (like keep the boss’s affair a secret), or to grab, pinch, rub, or kiss her against her will.

Could this woman in particular be lying about these accusations? Sure. Has anyone provided proof that she’s lying outside of trying to say she’s got low morals and worse character? Absolutely not. If RichRod has evidence that what she says is false, I’d love to hear it because when anyone lies about things like this, it makes it that much harder for others to be believed.
Great post. I feel like based on the entirety of human history and how men have generally treated women over the millennia I am very likely inclined to give a woman the benefit of the doubt in most circumstances. I'm not saying everyone is guilty but yeah...where there's smoke there is fire.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:I wonder why women would be hesitant to come forward with harassment or misconduct allegations as they are happening?

*Reads carcassdragger and splitsecond’s posts*

Never mind, I got my question answered.
What if in this case, maybe, as I don’t speak from first hand knowledge, the women involved allegedly had a 12 year history of sleeping with her married boss(es), both of which happened to be the Head Coach, and both of which happened to be married, to which she served as the personal assistant to both.

and I’m asking, not telling, would that ding credibility at all or show motive for what was perhaps alternative intent in that complaint?

im asking to know where the line is drawn to show complicate behavior, or are we to believe and supposed to believe that in all these cases the dominant figure in each individual case, male or female, is immediately responsible and guilty of the claims?

again I’m asking, cause in this day and age of rampant sexual harassment, is there a blurred line, or is it black and white?

obviously there is no place for harassment anywhere anytime whatsoever.

Interested in your feedback.
So do you expect the university to go to trial and argue there is no evidence of wrongdoing, per internal investigation? I really hope not, because the prosecution will call witnesses to the stand who had knowledge of the triangle of secrecy and produce hard evidence of the hideaway book or enough circumstantial evidence to nail the entire football program to the cross. The coup de grâce could be putting the unsolicited dick pics from players on the courtroom overhead projector. There is no excusing this away by saying MW is a greedy, dirty, no-good ho because your friend said so. Shame on you.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Is it a bad thing to want this to go to trial to get the truth? Either we oust dirty scum bag coaches and players who deserve to be outed in public, or we clear peoples' names. If they settle, there is no shot at the truth. I want the predators and harassers to be known if these horrible accusations are true.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

btfd16 wrote:Is it a bad thing to want this to go to trial to get the truth? Either we oust dirty scum bag coaches and players who deserve to be outed in public, or we clear peoples' names. If they settle, there is no shot at the truth. I want the predators and harassers to be known if these horrible accusations are true.
The university is named in the complaint. I'm no lawyer, but it sounds like we either settle or win in court.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

TatetheGreat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:Is it a bad thing to want this to go to trial to get the truth? Either we oust dirty scum bag coaches and players who deserve to be outed in public, or we clear peoples' names. If they settle, there is no shot at the truth. I want the predators and harassers to be known if these horrible accusations are true.
The university is named in the complaint. I'm no lawyer, but it sounds like we either settle or win in court.
I read this as if they were going after Coach, not the University. Could be wrong.

"My clients, Melissa & Jason R. Wilhelmsen therefore agree to settle all claims they may have against Richard A. Rodriguez, his wife and their marital community for $7,500,000.00."
prh

Post by prh »

I don't think it's necessarily bad, but it seems there's no chance this gets to court. UA doesn't want all of the details coming out. Just imagine if ESPN has a list of players who sent dick pics? They'd turn it into Baylor 2.0. The only way this goes to trial is if 0% of it is true, which seems highly doubtful considering the level of detail and what we know otherwise.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

How about Stoops and RR don’t bang their assistant? Gold digging slut or not. Jesus Christ.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

btfd16 wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
I read this as if they were going after Coach, not the University. Could be wrong.

"My clients, Melissa & Jason R. Wilhelmsen therefore agree to settle all claims they may have against Richard A. Rodriguez, his wife and their marital community for $7,500,000.00."
No, looks like you are right. If Rodriguez goes to trial, his defense could implicate the athletic department and get the university involved, though.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pokinmik wrote:How about Stoops and RR don’t bang their assistant? Gold digging slut or not. Jesus Christ.
That’s my thought.

Why are these coaches putting their jobs and the future of the program in jeopardy because they are looking to bang someone other than their wife? If you really want to be with someone else, DIVORCE YOUR WIFE. Don’t make your assistant stand between your wife and girlfriend on the sideline while your team gets their buttholes reamed by USC.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Speaking of which, being winter break, has Rhett put in for a transfer request yet? Can't imagine son and daughter staying on the FB and cheer squads. How embarrassing for the whole family.

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

btfd16 wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:

In the Introduction to the Notice of Claim the claim is framed under the statute against Rich Rod as an employee of the State of Arizona, hence the applicability of the statute and the claim against the State.

I read the whole thing last night. I've been practicing law for 24 years. I find this Notice of Claim to be one of the most oddly drafted documents I've read in the course of my career. It's a "notice" of claim required per the statute. To me its purpose is simply to put the State of Arizona on notice that you're bringing a claim(s) against the State. Had I drafted it I would have taken a much shorter bullet point type of approach. Name the parties, relationships, the general nature of the egregious conduct and the potential causes of action for which a remedy could be awarded such as hostile work environment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, tortious interference with contract/business and anything else that might stick. (Keep in mind I've not read the statute, I don't know what it requires and I'm not licensed in Arizona anymore.) The point being it's truly just a notice of what's coming. Then when you draft the initial Complaint (i.e., the document that starts a lawsuit) to be filed with the appropriate court you get into more specific allegations of fact, causes of action that might be remedied and claims for those remedies/damages (i.e., $$$).

This Notice of Claim is a long detailed narrative which appears to tell all. What else could they possibly have left out after nine pages? Perhaps there's more, but that's what the pleading and evidence discovery process in litigation is for. I know that it's been reported that MW did not cooperate with the University's investigation and I understand why - the UofA is looking to defend itself not MW. This notice was dated and filed on 12/28, the day after the bowl game and presumably after the investigation was all but concluded, but still five days before RR was fired. So maybe MW and her attorney didn't cooperate with the investigation, but they sure as hell laid all her cards on the table with this notice. Robbins and Heeke get a copy of this when it's filed and their decision is made for them regardless of what their position on the investigation was. If there's even a shred or inkling of possibility that any part of this narrative is true, then it's a no-brainer for the University - get RR the hell off the property, circle the wagons and make this thing go the fuck away.

It's also interesting to note that I read over on 247/premium that this lawyer, Auggie Jimenez, is a former booster of some note - the guy that the old Jimenez practice facility is named after? I have no idea really. It was suggested that maybe he has an axe to grind himself? I don't know. He appears to be a solo-practitioner given the letterhead on this notice. He doesn't appear to be affiliated with some big high-powered firm. No idea what his practice expertise is. Just seems odd given the nature, seriousness and breadth of the claims/allegations/narrative in the notice. If it was me, I'd have retained the most experienced hired gun in the employment law litigation game to raise hell.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

TatetheGreat wrote:
So do you expect the university to go to trial and argue there is no evidence of wrongdoing, per internal investigation? I really hope not, because the prosecution will call witnesses to the stand who had knowledge of the triangle of secrecy and produce hard evidence of the hideaway book or enough circumstantial evidence to nail the entire football program to the cross. The coup de grâce could be putting the unsolicited dick pics from players on the courtroom overhead projector. There is no excusing this away by saying MW is a greedy, dirty, no-good ho because your friend said so. Shame on you.
wow where in the hell did you get that from what i posted - what a reach. i simply said due to past behavior, before RR even got to Arizona, there be more to the story than whats being depicted in the complaint.

she claims there was no physical relationship with RR, even tho he wanted one. well he says he had an extra marital affair with her. people in the football program say they had a extra marital affair together. if this is true, can it be reasonable to wonder what else is inconsistent in the complaint?

maybe? maybe not?

and whether they had an affair or not doesnt excuse any harassment - just cause there is an affair doesnt open up the ability to be abused. ive already said that.

she had an affair with Mike Stoops, her prior boss, is it unreasonable to even consider that she might have done the same with RR as well? even tho she continually denies that she did? even in her sworn legal complaint?

regarding the team, if in fact she produces what she claims and what you refer to as "dick pics" then there is no grey area for lack of institutional control and an environment of harassment that ive already stated is 100% completely unacceptable and not to be tolerated under any circumstances.

however, could it be possible that she didnt like how the relationship with RR ended? or even how it was being had, and decided to take a position?

all of this is open and the information shared with me is second and even third hand, there is certainly gaps and possibly even total lies, i stated i really have no idea to what is the real truth is.

what isnt open is the ability to tolerate harassment anywhere anytime, that is without question.

so shame on me for looking at another perspective -- got it
97cats

Post by 97cats »

pokinmik wrote:How about Stoops and RR don’t bang their assistant? Gold digging slut or not. Jesus Christ.
this is 100% on the mark -- dont dip the pen in the company ink, ever.
Chicat wrote:
If you really want to be with someone else, DIVORCE YOUR WIFE. Don’t make your assistant stand between your wife and girlfriend on the sideline while your team gets their buttholes reamed by USC.
whats worse, having the assistant who hes having sex with stand in between his wife and girlfriend...now thats a real triangle of idiocy.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Sorry, but the skeptics have a point.

7.5 million? Seriously?

You really don't think this whole #metoo atmosphere wouldn't be abused for 7.5 million?

Read the woman's complaint where the lawyer basically says because of #metoo it's time to pay up and avoid a trial.

The mans life is pretty well ruined at this point, and we don't even really know if the claims can be proven.

If the claims are true, she was definitely wronged, but 7.5 million?

That's extortion.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:
this is 100% on the mark -- dont dip the pen in the company ink, ever.
Chicat wrote:
If you really want to be with someone else, DIVORCE YOUR WIFE. Don’t make your assistant stand between your wife and girlfriend on the sideline while your team gets their buttholes reamed by USC.
whats worse, having the assistant who hes having sex with stand in between his wife and girlfriend...now thats a real triangle of idiocy.
Just shows a stunning lack of judgement. And to me, that is a fireable offense all on its own. If you can’t make the right call on having three women you’re sleeping with within 20 feet of each other while you’re at work, you are a fucking moron and definitely do not dedserve such a high profile and high paying position.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

jimson wrote:Sorry, but the skeptics have a point.

7.5 million? Seriously?

You really don't think this whole #metoo atmosphere wouldn't be abused for 7.5 million?

Read the woman's complaint where the lawyer basically says because of #metoo it's time to pay up and avoid a trial.

The mans life is pretty well ruined at this point, and we don't even really know if the claims can be proven.

That's extortion.
lol.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Just shows a stunning lack of judgement. And to me, that is a fireable offense all on its own. If you can’t make the right call on having three women you’re sleeping with within 20 feet of each other while you’re at work, you are a fucking moron and definitely do not dedserve such a high profile and high paying position.
no question

however, the claim could be made he was only having sex with two of them ... sorry, joke for the long time married guys here. :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

7.5 million? Seriously?

That's extortion.
Here are a few things we don’t know:

Who came up with that number?
What was it based on?
What would they actually settle for?

Maybe she should have polled the fans to find out what amount would be ok with them.... :roll:
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

97, you sound like Trump "just asking questions" about the veracity of Obama's birth certificate. You are clearly trying to raise doubt about this woman's credibility based on the same rumors she attributes to creating a hostile work environment.

You have no proof, yet assert MW is "far from an angel." Your fake outrage about sexual harassment is contemptible.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I’m massively skeptical of this whole thing only because of the $7.5 million. Despite SD86’s unexplained lol, it absolutely reeks of gold digging and greedy attorneys.

On the bright side, it’s given us a fresh start a year earlier than I expected, so we’ve got that going for us.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
jimson

Post by jimson »

Chicat wrote:

7.5 million? Seriously?

That's extortion.

What was it based on?

Maybe she should have polled the fans to find out what amount would be ok with them.... :roll:
Pretty close to his buy out. I guess her legal team knew he would have the money.

is there any further investigation going on? Before she gets filthy rich for the rest of her life I think there needs to be some substantiation.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Rich and powerful men always should get the benefit of the doubt for sure.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

TatetheGreat wrote:97, you sound like Trump "just asking questions" about the veracity of Obama's birth certificate.
first, there is a rule here, keep the politics on the lower board
TatetheGreat wrote:You are clearly trying to raise doubt about this woman's credibility based on the same rumors she attributes to creating a hostile work environment.
she has dinged her own credibility on her own, by sleeping with her two married bosses, both head coaches at the same university, over a 12 year span.
TatetheGreat wrote:You have no proof, yet assert MW is "far from an angel."
she had two extra marital affairs with the head coaches at Arizona while employed by the University and staffed as their personal assistants, first Mike Stoops as a non-married adult and with RIch Rodriguez while she was married herself - call that whatever you like.
TatetheGreat wrote: Your fake outrage about sexual harassment is contemptible.
this is just rich

there is no place for harassment or abuse on any level regardless of circumstances -- ever.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:

7.5 million? Seriously?

That's extortion.

What was it based on?

Pretty close to his buy out. I guess her legal team knew he would have the money.

is there any further investigation going on? Before she gets filthy rich for the rest of her life I think there needs to be some substantiation.
Well, there could be a trial. That would be some substantiation.

Also, lawyers are usually very hesitant to take on high profile cases they have no chance of winning. So I would be willing to bet they did a SWOT analysis and determined they had a good chance of winning or forcing a settlement.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Since the claim is against RichRod/family, wouldn't they have the choice to refute/settle the claim and not the university? Why give up $7.5M if you're truly innocent as he claims?
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

Chicat wrote:
jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:

7.5 million? Seriously?

That's extortion.

What was it based on?

Well, there could be a trial. That would be some substantiation.

Also, lawyers are usually very hesitant to take on high profile cases they have no chance of winning. So I would be willing to bet they did a SWOT analysis and determined they had a good chance of winning or forcing a settlement.
According to an earlier post the lawyer she hired isn’t a high profile guy/firm. Maybe it’s the only lawyer she could find to take the case and they’re just looking for a quick settlement? Idk. All this is blowing my mind. What a dirty ass department. All are to blame it sounds like.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Really no point in getting hung up on the $7.5 million. It's just a number. It may or may not be relevant/realistic. It may be an educated estimate of damages based on jury awards in cases with similar facts and circumstances . . . in some other jurisdiction, or in Arizona. It may be based on a statutory formula for certain causes of action. The lawyer quite possibly pulled it out of his ass. It's likely that the lawyer came up with it in any event and simply suggested it to MW - she certainly didn't come up with it on her own.

She might settle for $50,000 or $3,000,000 or anywhere in between or more or less. You never know. All cases have a settlement value that fluctuates as the admissable probative evidence evolves to support good claims or better defenses to those claims. Some claims may have merit and some may be worthless. It all depends on so many different factors - motivation of the parties, stamina and tolerance for protracted litigation, quality of representation, a lawyer's relative skill and expertise in the courtroom and the area of law, the lawyers' motivations, the judge and her/his temperment, the passage of time. It goes on and on. Trials are complicated, expensive and massively time-consuming. Here in little old Ada County, Idaho a fresh lawsuit isn't going to see a trial date for at least a year if not a year and a half. I have no idea what that time frame is in Pima County. Theoretically this case could take a couple of years to resolve if pursued through the course of litigation. If on the other hand, the University wants to make it go away quickly and MW is just in it for the money grab, then a quick confidential settlement may resolve it tomorrow.

My guess is that this gets settled sooner rather than later. The University doesn't want the potential evidence in this case to go into the public record at the courthouse. Unless its absolutely certain that she's full of shit and it can be proven, but that's a long gamble.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Sooner we can move on the better. What a mess.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

DrWildcat wrote:Since the claim is against RichRod/family, wouldn't they have the choice to refute/settle the claim and not the university? Why give up $7.5M if you're truly innocent as he claims?
You have to weigh your chances. Any attorney will tell you that even if you have a good case, it still comes down to whether a judge or jury buys it, and that's never predictable. $7.5 million is a big number. Can you settle it for less? How much would you stand to lose if it went to trial and you lost - it could be considerably more than $7.5 million. Odds are this gets settled and settled for a good bit less. This is the first salvo, and like any negotiation, this is the opening offer.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

azpenguin wrote:
DrWildcat wrote:Since the claim is against RichRod/family, wouldn't they have the choice to refute/settle the claim and not the university? Why give up $7.5M if you're truly innocent as he claims?
You have to weigh your chances. Any attorney will tell you that even if you have a good case, it still comes down to whether a judge or jury buys it, and that's never predictable. $7.5 million is a big number. Can you settle it for less? How much would you stand to lose if it went to trial and you lost - it could be considerably more than $7.5 million. Odds are this gets settled and settled for a good bit less. This is the first salvo, and like any negotiation, this is the opening offer.
^^^^ Absolutely correct.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote: Just shows a stunning lack of judgement. And to me, that is a fireable offense all on its own. If you can’t make the right call on having three women you’re sleeping with within 20 feet of each other while you’re at work, you are a fucking moron and definitely do not dedserve such a high profile and high paying position.
no question

however, the claim could be made he was only having sex with two of them ... sorry, joke for the long time married guys here. :lol:
I have sex with my wife frequently.... she's just rarely in the same room. :o

PS - You raise an interesting point, and at least a plausible alternate theory for the basis behind her lawsuit. I had not considered the "woman scorned" angle... but if she was banging him and HE cut it off, or was cheating on his mistress with his girlfriend behind his wife's back, he is unconscionably stupid in addition to being a complete douchebag.

As for her having an affair with Mike Stoops? Totally irrelevant to me with respect to the claims. If she banged him, and all the details of the claim are accurate, there is no less liability & culpability on RR's (or anyone else's) part. If she was also banging RR, then it raises the question of her motivation... but it arguably makes RR even worse if he is allowing a woman he is shtooping to be treated like that. Who the fuck is he... Jeramy Stevens.

I did not know RR said he was screwing her. Interesting defense.... "What is she talking about? I was banging her TOO. But I really do love my wife and kids".

Whatever the case... regardless who is right, it reinforces my impressions of RR as a completely disingenuous and egomaniacal POS (He sure carted his family in front of the spotlight when it suited him). This was not a hard one to call.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
97cats wrote:
no question

I have sex with my wife frequently.... she's just rarely in the same room. :o

PS - You raise an interesting point, and at least a plausible alternate theory for the basis behind her lawsuit. I had not considered the "woman scorned" angle... but if she was banging him and HE cut it off, or was cheating on his mistress with his girlfriend behind his wife's back, he is unconscionably stupid in addition to being a complete douchebag.

As for her having an affair with Mike Stoops? Totally irrelevant to me with respect to the claims. If she banged him, and all the details of the claim are accurate, there is no less liability & culpability on RR's (or anyone else's) part. If she was also banging RR, then it raises the question of her motivation... but it arguably makes RR even worse if he is allowing a woman he is shtooping to be treated like that. Who the fuck is he... Jeramy Stevens.

I did not know RR said he was screwing her. Interesting defense.... "What is she talking about? I was banging her TOO. But I really do love my wife and kids".

Whatever the case... regardless who is right, it reinforces my impressions of RR as a completely disingenuous and egomaniacal POS (He sure carted his family in front of the spotlight when it suited him). This was not a hard one to call.
If, and a big IF, it was the woman scorned, I think that came after Rita cornered her. I am telling you that is one person I would not want to be mad at me. Again, this is all speculation. They are the only ones who really know.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

97cats wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote: Your fake outrage about sexual harassment is contemptible.
this is just rich

there is no place for harassment or abuse on any level regardless of circumstances -- ever.
Then why create a thread saying "this girl had a role and part in this that shes not being forthcoming about" when the circumstances don't matter? Even if the alleged sexual relationship existed between MW and RR, shouldn't your only focus be on RR since MW was a subordinate? You wouldn't bother to "contextualize" the allegations unless you believe "there is blame on many sides, many sides."
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

So far as I know, RR has only admitted to "a consensual extramarital affair with a woman who is not affiliated with the University." Anyone have new info besides hearsay?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TatetheGreat wrote:So far as I know, RR has only admitted to "a consensual extramarital affair with a woman who is not affiliated with the University." Anyone have new info besides hearsay?
I don’t, and in truth I’m not even sure why I’m still talking about this. DickRod is no longer affiliated with my alma mater. Good riddance and time to move the fuck along.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

So what about the dick pics from the players? Hopefully the AD will followup on that, and kick them off the team and out of school. I don't care if it's Kalil Tate, which I really doubt it is.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Any one see Raquel Rodriguez' tweet? I'll post a link. Suck at imbedding.

https://twitter.com/raquelrod_23/status ... 0216178689
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Merkin wrote:So what about the dick pics from the players? Hopefully the AD will followup on that, and kick them off the team and out of school. I don't care if it's Kalil Tate, which I really doubt it is.
The accuser didn't cooperate so I don't know how Heeke could get the necessary information.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

btfd16 wrote:Any one see Raquel Rodriguez' tweet? I'll post a link. Suck at imbedding.

"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
prh

Post by prh »

btfd16 wrote:Any one see Raquel Rodriguez' tweet? I'll post a link. Suck at imbedding.

Just click the tweet button in the editor and then paste that link
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

prh wrote:

Just click the tweet button in the editor and then paste that link
Thank you. I tried to embed drop down on the actual tweet. My mistake.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

TucsonClip wrote:

I don't see Raquel's statement and/or the text thread and MW's claims as mutually exclusive at all. Being in a close friendship relationship with RR's family is all the more reason for MW to be conflicted and stressed when Dad is actually a scumbag at the office and she's expected to cover it up. These things develop on a continuum in real life over time. Life doesn't happen in a black and white vacuum.
prh

Post by prh »

What is MW supposed to say? Raquel reached out positively (and may not have known what was going on), is she supposed to respond "yeah I'm leaving cause your dad is awful" ? I'm not putting anything into that exchange.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

prh wrote:What is MW supposed to say? Raquel reached out positively (and may not have known what was going on), is she supposed to respond "yeah I'm leaving cause your dad is awful" ? I'm not putting anything into that exchange.
I see your point but if someone was a dick to me or someone's family was I would not respond with hearts and smiley faces
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Anyone know what the ammunition is?
jimson

Post by jimson »

scumdevils86 wrote:Rich and powerful men always should get the benefit of the doubt for sure.
You forgot to add white as a descriptor.
Guilty til proven innocent huh? or still then?
Last edited by jimson on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
prh wrote:What is MW supposed to say? Raquel reached out positively (and may not have known what was going on), is she supposed to respond "yeah I'm leaving cause your dad is awful" ? I'm not putting anything into that exchange.
I see your point but if someone was a dick to me or someone's family was I would not respond with hearts and smiley faces
This is like when people said Harvey Weinstein’s accusers we’re making shit up because they still worked with him, attended parties he was at, posed for pictures with him, etc.

That’s an idiotic position to take.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

jimson wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Rich and powerful men always should get the benefit of the doubt for sure.
You forgot to add white as a descriptor.
Guilty til proven innocent huh? or still then?
keep defending the poor men out there. all sexual crimes and harassment are made up, amirite? all women all slutty gold diggers, right? just making sure I know where you stand here.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Quite frankly every body remotely involved in this needs to stfu. Posting an old text convo on Twitter doesn't make you look good or your dad look better. Between old players comparing this firing to the basketball situation, current players acting as if they know who the best coach would be, and an old coach's daughter using one text message as proof to defend her father's honor this is the buggest load of fuckery i have ever seen. A massive collection of mental midgets at work. It makes my head hurt.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

This.

I mean, I hated my last job for months, but it never affected my interactions with my co-workers. Just because I don't like being there doesn't mean you act badly towards others. It's not like Raquel has any impact on the behavior of RR/MW's coworkers.