(M) Game 20, Arizona at Washington (2019-2020)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

Re: (M) Game 20, Arizona at Washington (2019-2020)

Post by PieceOfMeat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
pc in NM wrote:BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!!!!
We still suck. Not sure why you're calling people out when we just barely beat the worst team in the conference.
apparently that just-barely-scraping-by-thanks-to-UW-sucking was so impressive that he lost control of himself.

oh and just in case anyone else gets the feeling. keep it civil
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Alieberman wrote:That stupid Tech by Washington really cost them the game and stopped the bleeding and changed the momentum.

We are lucky Washington is stupid.
Yes. Yes we are.

But I'll take it.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

AZCatGirl wrote:
We still suck. Not sure why you're calling people out when we just barely beat the worst team in the conference.

This
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:Okay I just turned on the game and all I see is Smith missing free throws.
Use Tune In and listen to the game. If you, as I do, suffer eidetic memory, it can make the emotional difference between witnessing the game and not.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I thought we couldn't win on the road or win against zone...wonder what happened?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Alieberman wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:Good win. We needed it badly. Other than DS missing the FT at the end we played better at the end of the game.
Multiple misses by Dylan at the end of the game... again...
I could excuse his other shortcomings if he just could make FTs at the end of a game. If he could, we would’ve likely beat Oregon & ASU.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

zonagrad wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:Good win. We needed it badly. Other than DS missing the FT at the end we played better at the end of the game.
Multiple misses by Dylan at the end of the game... again...
I could excuse his other shortcomings if he just could make FTs at the end of a game. If he could, we would’ve likely beat Oregon & ASU.
It really has been THAT close. As much as we have to embrace the suck as Cat fans, our demise has been thin. It just doesn't feel that way.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!!!!

(Second timeI’ve posted this - first one was deleted - no it wasnt, it was edited)
Last edited by pc in NM on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Machina.... #1 Fan!!!!!!!!!!!
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Because I’m a ‘Cat fan!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Captain Obvious wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:But you guys aren't in the huddle, you have no idea what he's telling them!
Precisely. None of us could possibly have any true knowledge of the game of basketball. Only Miller. DWWD!
Well no one knows as much as you.....I would say your knowledge of the game next to a 4 year starter at point guard.....big east freshman of the year.....highly paid coach with over a 725 winning avg is about a thimble full compared to his. But in your wisdom please let us know your credential Mr. Wooden.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

pc in NM wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
Because I’m a ‘Cat fan!
You dont know basketball if you thinking Washington is the worst team in conference
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Alieberman wrote:That stupid Tech by Washington really cost them the game and stopped the bleeding and changed the momentum.

We are lucky Washington is stupid.
We are lucky that some UW Professor had the cojones to flunk out Quade Green :D
Last edited by dmjcat on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ROAD WIN!!!!!!!!!! Got that Monkey off.......move forward.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I avoided watching the first 39 minutes and 46 seconds of the game, and yet I still saw Smith miss two thirds of his free throws. I’m still doing this wrong!
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Defend the home court and get some breakthroughs on the road. Our first breakthrough. Not pretty, Stone and Zeke missed a few gimmes, Snith again missed free throws, but we came away with the win. All is good in Wildcat Country tonight.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

So let's count the good things: we won a road game; we won against a zone/scored 75 points; we out rebounded a much taller team; we had 10 total TOs; we had 28 bench points.

All of our typical failings obtained but nonetheless we won. Bear Down knuckleheads!

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Thread is going to be temporarily locked since a couple of people don't understand what "keep it civil" means.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Was thinking about the end of the game this morning and I’m honestly curious....

Has anyone seen a worse last possession shot than the one Battle put up?

Down 2 with 26 seconds left, 14 seconds left on the shot clock, guys still getting position near the basket, and he inexplicably launches a 28 foot prayer for no reason whatsoever.

As a fan, that’s when I check out until next year. No reason to actively subject yourself to that shit.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Chicat wrote:Was thinking about the end of the game this morning and I’m honestly curious....

Down 2 with 26 seconds left, 14 seconds left on the shot clock, guys still getting position near the basket, and he inexplicably launches a 28 foot prayer for no reason whatsoever.

As a fan, that’s when I check out until next year. No reason to actively subject yourself to that shit.
Well, I’m guessing you have already forgotten about some of our end of game possessions. :mrgreen:

Washington lived by the 3 all game, which probably contributed to the decision to take that shot.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Frybry02 wrote:
Chicat wrote:Was thinking about the end of the game this morning and I’m honestly curious....

Well, I’m guessing you have already forgotten about some of our end of game possessions. :mrgreen:

Washington lived by the 3 all game, which probably contributed to the decision to take that shot.
But our end of game/half plays usually involve dribbling the ball until there is so little time left that a bad shot has to be taken.

Not sure I’ve seen it when a player just decides “fuck it, I’m launching” when there was so much time left they could have gotten literally any other shot.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

baycat93 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
baycat93 wrote:
Chicat wrote: I DVR every game.

Home games I watch starting about 25 minutes after tip off so I can fast forward through the commercials and halftime.

Road games I check the score at halftime and decide whether I want to watch at all.

That strategy didn’t do a fucking thing for me last week against ASU but it usually works pretty well for my state of happiness.

I do the exact same thing. Definitely makes for more sanity. Yet tonight I am going to put myself through this live!
I’ll be thinking about you as I go through my pregame ritual of drinking until my liver hurts.
I will have a shot of tequila in your honor. Plan on being at the bar promptly at 5pst. Just so I am appropriately inebriated in the likely event we have a patented slow start.
I am not saying we won because I had a shot of tequila and watched the whole game from tip... but your welcome.