Game 7, vs Boise St., at Wooden Legacy (2015-2016)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheGreatCatsby

Re: Game 7, vs Boise St., at Wooden Legacy (2015-2016)

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

az91 wrote:Glad this tournament is over.
Though if Kaleb doesn't get hurt, we're playing Michigan State tonight and have a chance to put up a good W. Today's game was just depressing in an empty gym, and didn't help playing Boise St. again. But a good win.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:
Though if Kaleb doesn't get hurt, we're playing Michigan State tonight and have a chance to put up a good W. Today's game was just depressing in an empty gym, and didn't help playing Boise St. again. But a good win.
All things considered, I would say that was a very good win.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

17 to's is not a good trend for us. Need to get that down to 10.
Last edited by 84Cat on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:
Considering the pattern regarding other teams re-matching vs. non-conference opponents,. .. I will take it.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

84Cat wrote:17 to's is not a good trend for us. Need to get that down to 10.
This, and the McConnell void is felt most immediately in this category.

No lead is safe with the amount of turnovers this team commits right now, and it needs to dedicate itself to wanting that basketball.

And if Santa Clara is enough to topple this team's early-season confidence, Zeus or no Zeus, it was doomed from the start. Guys need to not only step up for the team but know the f*ck HOW to.

Because it's safe to say Elliott Pitts and Mark Tollefsen don't, and Gabe York is getting similarly lost.

I hope we never depend on his shot again, because he is truly streaky. Boise let him eat lunch out beyond the line tonight, and York still missed. We'll need to find our O elsewhere every night.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

11 steals
13 pts Trier
Nice
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Thought the Cats played a pretty sound game tonight until Anderson got the T. Any word on what he said yet?

I think Kadeem Allen, when he's assertive enough is a stronger player than most people think. That 3 he hit tonight was big. He needs to clean up some of the errors and turnovers, but they seem to be due to him playing a little out of control A bit more experience at this level and I do think he improves.

Pitts is just a body out there. I know we like his hustle on defense, but dude can't make a layup. Rustic isn't much help either.

Jury is still out on York. He's very quick. Cuts well to the basket. Settling for 3s a little too much I think.

Trier has tons of potential. He's a pure scorer. I expect him to be our best player come February.

I see a lot of upside with this team. But we may take some lumps early. Need less minutes for Tollefsen and Pitts. Remember, these guys haven't been playing together very long. I'm not saying this is a Final Four team. But Im not ready to call it quits.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

billk78 wrote:Thought the Cats played a pretty sound game tonight until Anderson got the T. Any word on what he said yet?
Saw two quotes, one said "sorry ref", another said "we lift weights, you don't" to the BSU bench.