SCCats wrote:Lots of people had bad games today

Lots
agree... Trier Senior pg.
And PJC 0-6 shooting, 2 points

There was LOTS of badness to go around
Main Event

Re: Game 16, at Colorado (2017-2018)

Post by Main Event »

I'm just ready for the end of the Dusan at center era. I don't care about the double double I've seen enough of him
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Main Event wrote:I'm just ready for the end of the Dusan at center era. I don't care about the double double I've seen enough of him
Dus missed a couple of easy buckets. Ugh
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I still think this team is an elite 8 team

yet again
Disagree completely POM...........the first team we run into with an athletic PG (and who zones us) who can drive will probably do us in.

Who do we have that can guard competently on the perimeter???? Alkins is the best we have but after that????? Trier/PJC/Smith/Barcello????
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dmjcat wrote:

yet again
Disagree completely POM...........the first team we run into with an athletic PG (and who zones us) who can drive will probably do us in.

Who do we have that can guard competently on the perimeter???? Alkins is the best we have but after that????? Trier/PJC/Smith/Barcello????
apologies. i meant to say elite 8 team at best.

i don't think we go beyond that round
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Main Event

Post by Main Event »

HiCat wrote:
Main Event wrote:I'm just ready for the end of the Dusan at center era. I don't care about the double double I've seen enough of him
Dus missed a couple of easy buckets. Ugh
a couple? lol
prh

Post by prh »

dmjcat wrote:

yet again

We already beat Alabama this year. Sexton went off but we contained everyone else. I'm low on PJC's defensive ability but we've already beaten someone with an elite PG this year.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Alieberman wrote:Ristic does plenty of frustrating things a player but the shots he was missing today have typically not been the problem with him.

Such weird games by both him and Trier today. Trier never once tried to put his stamp on this game... not once.
true
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

Dusan 6/16
PJC 0/6
Trier 3/9
Atkins 6/14

Can we concur that this is the result of playing on the back end of two very tough games, playing a noon tip on a Saturday, in the Mile High city against an amped up Buffs homecourt. This is part of conference play. This shit happens. The mountain trip one of the hardest. Split on the road as they say. Miller the best in conference at getting road sweeps.

We will be alright.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

prh wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

yet again

We already beat Alabama this year. Sexton went off but we contained everyone else. I'm low on PJC's defensive ability but we've already beaten someone with an elite PG this year.
We won't have the option of playing at Mckale in post season :lol:
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

ASU meanwhile plays at 8pm tomorrow...

I really truly believe the conference sets shit up this way to keep it interesting and give some joy to other schools. Marketing.

And some of the calls at the end that killed our comeback were total bullshit.
prh

Post by prh »

dmjcat wrote:
prh wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

yet again

There's not a single NCAA tourney game that will have a venue as hostile as Utah. I can move the goal posts too.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

prh wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
prh wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

yet again

There's not a single NCAA tourney game that will have a venue as hostile as Utah. I can move the goal posts too.
Unfortunately, PJC won't have the luxury of playing many 5'8" pt guards (Utahs midget) in the tourney :lol:
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bordercat wrote:Dusan 6/16
PJC 0/6
Trier 3/9
Atkins 6/14

Can we concur that this is the result of playing on the back end of two very tough games, playing a noon tip on a Saturday, in the Mile High city against an amped up Buffs homecourt. This is part of conference play. This shit happens. The mountain trip one of the hardest. Split on the road as they say. Miller the best in conference at getting road sweeps.

We will be alright.
We had 20 more shot attempts than Buffy. Yeah, we played shit defense into a hole that cold shooting couldn't dig us out of. And now our coach is shaming the players and himself. But we will be alright, especially if you always give us 2 days off between games. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket, yeah.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

PJC 0/6
Trier 3/9
Atkins 6/14

We will be alright.
Yeah, cuz tournament games always start at convenient time, there are never quick turnarounds, and two tough games in a row never happens...

Neither of these opponents will make the tournament
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
prh

Post by prh »

pc in NM wrote:
PJC 0/6
Trier 3/9
Atkins 6/14

We will be alright.
Yeah, cuz tournament games always start at convenient time, there are never quick turnarounds, and two tough games in a row never happens...

Neither of these opponents will make the tournament
There's a big difference between playing at 7pm and then 4pm two days later in the same city, compared to playing at 7pm, flying to another state late that night, and then a noon game.

The times for tournament games aren't super convenient but they won't have that much of a shift between the two games either.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Travel did us no favors but UA played like crap and CU played well and Miller coached a stinker and then factor in travel and all that. UA only lost by 3. UA will be fine if the coach is just using these comments to motivate
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

It was really disappointing how poorly our players shot. Absolutely no excuse for that.

I only got to see part of the game (last half of the first half and first half of the second half). When I finally was able to get the link working (first half), Barcello was in. There were at least two instance I saw where the player he was defending against just waltzed right by him for a layup. PJC does have some issues, but Bacello was moving his feet as slowly as Ristic. And, in looking at the box score, I guess Miller didn't leave Barcello in the game very long.

In spite of not scoring much, PJC's 8 assists to 1 TO was maybe the only bright spot.

In any case, we got a road breakthrough. Now, just need to defend our home turf and hope for at least one road sweep. Two would be great.