Terrance Ferguson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Terrance Ferguson

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:This has got to be good news for us:
Well, it's hard to see that as anything other than a good sign.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

He's committing to Arizona, likely was never taking that UNC visit.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

He did put a Ram emoji in there...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:He did put a Ram emoji in there...
Colorado State lock.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Know its been stated over and over he and Jacksons decisions (and Trier's) were independent of each other, but man oh man, seems like he wanted to make sure BOTH Trier and JJ werent eating into shots he would already be sharing with Kobi, Smith and Rawle. No blame on him whatsoever if that was the case.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

rgdeuce wrote:Know its been stated over and over he and Jacksons decisions (and Trier's) were independent of each other, but man oh man, seems like he wanted to make sure BOTH Trier and JJ werent eating into shots he would already be sharing with Kobi, Smith and Rawle.

I dunno about this. If I'm a top HS player, and have a crew constantly telling me how great I am, and schools and fans begging me to attend...I pretty much feel that I am better than anyone at my position, and I really don't fear anyone. If I play to my ability, I can get my looks.

Plus, Gabe York is gone.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Some Kansas insiders said that he wasn't going anywhere JJ was going, who knows if it's true. They were going to get Jackson and Ferguson was going to Arizona. Announcing after JJ committed, coincidence I guess.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Main Event wrote:Ferg and Zo Splash Bros
ATHLETICISM is back after its 1 year hiatus
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Anyone catch the bear emoji followed by the "down" emoji?
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Apparently two late comers to the 247 stuff. Back to 82%.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This is really freaking exciting. 2016 is going to be one of CSM's best classes at AZ. And while it's perfectly reasonable to expect some of these guys will only be in Tucson for one year (or one more year for RS and/or AT), some will be back. This '16 class is really laying the foundation for the next few years.

Sean's gonna get his FF. It's coming.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The way Miller talked about the 2017 class seems that he anticipates pretty much everyone of Alkins Simmons, Smith, Ferguson, Trier and Markkanen to leave.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Five-star shooting guard Terrance Ferguson tweeted that he will make his college announcement at some point this week.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Terrance-Ferg ... =CBSSPORTS" target="_blank

Will not be taking anymore visits :D

https://twitter.com/the2kferguson/statu ... _src=twsrc" target="_blank^tfw
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:The way Miller talked about the 2017 class seems that he anticipates pretty much everyone of Alkins Simmons, Smith, Ferguson, Trier and Markkanen to leave.
Everyone in that group has 2017 first round talent. Whether they produce enough to justify that, you never know, but they all have that talent.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ASUHATER! wrote:The way Miller talked about the 2017 class seems that he anticipates pretty much everyone of Alkins Simmons, Smith, Ferguson, Trier and Markkanen to leave.

He pretty much anticipates every player of note leaving with the end of every season. He didn't expect Kaleb back this year, and thought Allonzo would test the water this year.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

There's no way we lose everyone from this '16 class. I mean, unless they've all decided in advance that they're only playing one year of college ball, which is doubtful. Trier is going to help himself by playing another season on a great team, and others will follow suit.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:There's no way we lose everyone from this '16 class. I mean, unless they've all decided in advance that they're only playing one year of college ball, which is doubtful. Trier is going to help himself by playing another season on a great team, and others will follow suit.
You just never know. Things happen. Cheick Diallo leaves for the NBA after averaging 2.6 ppg. Kentucky's whole team declares. Kaminsky returns exclusively to screw Arizona hard.

I'm hoping for a tough minded team that matches the substantial amount of talent with work. The 2017 draft class will be what it is.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

The entire UK teamed declared for the draft, including walk ons per Cal.

With the new rules it's a no brainer to declare, and still be able to come back every year.

CSM was actually surprised himself when Trier came back without going through any try outs or camps.

So I expect all 4 freshman to declare, and even then Smith and Trier too.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jefe wrote:He did put a Ram emoji in there...
CSU has been looking for the new Daniel Bejarano.
rgdeuce wrote: Know its been stated over and over he and Jacksons decisions (and Trier's) were independent of each other, but man oh man, seems like he wanted to make sure BOTH Trier and JJ werent eating into shots he would already be sharing with Kobi, Smith and Rawle. No blame on him whatsoever if that was the case.
Makes sense to me.
Right where I want to be.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Know its been stated over and over he and Jacksons decisions (and Trier's) were independent of each other, but man oh man, seems like he wanted to make sure BOTH Trier and JJ werent eating into shots he would already be sharing with Kobi, Smith and Rawle.

I dunno about this. If I'm a top HS player, and have a crew constantly telling me how great I am, and schools and fans begging me to attend...I pretty much feel that I am better than anyone at my position, and I really don't fear anyone. If I play to my ability, I can get my looks.

Plus, Gabe York is gone.
I agree to an extent.. But the reality is, its Josh Jackson. the dude is head and shoulders above his peers in what is being regarded as a historic class. It was easy to see he was the Alpha less than 10 minutes into the McDonalds AA game. And its one thing if its only him. But Alkins, Simmons, Trier, Smith too? Thats three first rounders, and depending on how long Trier stays around, possibly four, with Trier being an all pac 12 freshman and a heck of a scorer. Easy to be somewhat insecure at that age and question where u are gonna fit in, no matter what everyone says. Based on what ive seen, the separation of all those guys is not that significant. First college practice, u spend the entire time sizing up your teammates and trying to figure out who is ahead of u no matter what, who u are close with and will be your comp for PT, and who is behind u that u need to stay ahead of. Its just the way most alphas work unless ur a golden child like lebron and JJ. Im sure spliff will say the same thing. And this whole thing is more public and transparent than what I or likely any other athlete here went thru in college, because its a huge program.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

pokinmik wrote:Trier is gonna be our main man next year Beach. He was about to be our undisputed main man this past year even, until he got hurt. Sophomore Trier will dominate.
Agree completely. And we're talking about a team that also includes multiple other future NBA guys. I wonder if this team's youth could be a problem, but it hasn't stopped UK or Duke.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Announcing tomorrow per Twitter. There is a signing day special on espnu tomorrow afternoon. Not sure he will be announcing there but could be likely.

BEAR DOWN
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Zero wrote:Announcing tomorrow per Twitter. There is a signing day special on espnu tomorrow afternoon. Not sure he will be announcing there but could be likely.

BEAR DOWN
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

84Cat wrote:This has got to be good news for us:
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Announces today?

Jeff Borzello Verified account
‏@jeffborzello

Terrance Ferguson's mother confirms to ESPN that the plan is for him to announce his decision tomorrow (Wednesday).

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status ... 2879055872" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm calling it now......

PointGuardU will tweet out that their sources have confirmed that TF will be an Arizona Wildcat, and then if that doesn't happen they'll just delete the tweet like it never happened.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Chicat wrote:I'm calling it now......

PointGuardU will tweet out that their sources have confirmed that TF will be an Arizona Wildcat, and then if that doesn't happen they'll just delete the tweet like it never happened.
Think they're getting stuff from Beardownwildcats.com? 8-)
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

They have predicted it and feeling smug about it too, like being first to report is a good thing or spoiling a kids announcement is cool. Anytime they are wrong they just delete it, or edit their posts.

Don't they steal all of their info from Scout (previously rivals) premium? And then sell it to their own premium forum. I doubt ace has gotten sources and contacts in the college basketball world as a former drug dealer.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=61&start=800#p19227" target="_blank

Also this is just bad voodoo
Last edited by NYCat on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:

They take Scout Premium reports and copy them word for word, and charge their sycophants $100 to buy their stolen bullshit.

Ace Thakore should seriously consider falling down an abandoned well.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Everyone jumping in now so they don't get left out.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I was going to post a Fergie song in honor, and a brief Youtube search reminded me that I really hate basically every Fergie song.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You know you were shaking your lovely lady lumps...

BTW "sources told ESPN = "I read it on the Twitter feed of a real reporter"
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

"Tonight's going to be a good night" Spiff or maybe tomorrow night
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

So 2 teaser tweets already today. Has he set a time or is he just going to fuck with us all day?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I was going to post a Fergie song in honor, and a brief Youtube search reminded me that I really hate basically every Fergie song.
She is just peeing her pants in anticipation of the announcement.

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

84Cat wrote:So 2 teaser tweets already today. Has he set a time or is he just going to fuck with us all day?

An on going April Fools PR game maybe? :roll:
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I was going to post a Fergie song in honor, and a brief Youtube search reminded me that I really hate basically every Fergie song.
She is just peeing her pants in anticipation of the announcement.

:lol:

Happy dancing!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azcat49 wrote:"Tonight's going to be a good night" Spiff or maybe tomorrow night
See, I don't hate that song, but it is technically Black Eyed Peas.

I do feel good about where we stand with Ferguson, but you never know until you know.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

86%

Odd that it jumped just now (the date for the Arizona vote doesn't jibe)

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions" target="_blank
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
azcat49 wrote:"Tonight's going to be a good night" Spiff or maybe tomorrow night
See, I don't hate that song, but it is technically Black Eyed Peas.

I do feel good about where we stand with Ferguson, but you never know until you know.
Where is the love :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

84Cat wrote:So 2 teaser tweets already today. Has he set a time or is he just going to fuck with us all day?
I like that's he's having fun with it. I'll tell you what, this kid isn't going to clamp up and shut down during the clutch. Love the swagger he brings.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I would mess with people, too. Gotta be hilarious to them how grown men obsess.

So, what was the time again?
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Gonna be another RHJ with his playfulness, and look how popular Rondae was as a Cat.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Nervous today for the announcement, so hope we get Terrance. His shooting is so desperately needed on this team. I've felt all along that while I would have loved having JJ, Terrance fits just as big of need on this team. With him, we'd be certifiably loaded for next year. We'd be getting a certifiable 3 point shooting threat (which has always been in short supply with Miller's teams). We'd also have the horses to run with Oregon and USC/Washington in the PAC for sure, and we can hopefully schedule a few more tougher non-conference games still, think like 2 are still open pending the recruitment developments.

Also been thinking that while we're a bit thin in the frontcourt, Ristic did start playing out of his mind that one month stretch last year Dec/Jan when Kaleb was out. Played like he knew he could just do his thing and ran with it, played free and his offensive game really flowed. Once Kaleb came back, Ristic regressed horribly with the reduced minutes and his entire game fell apart. Was a truly amazing (and painful) rise and fall in the span of just a few months. So part of me is looking forward to see if we get that Dec/Jan version of Dusan next year...if we did, THAT version of Dusan would be a great compliment to all our new recruits and Trier.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:Nervous today for the announcement, so hope we get Terrance.
We didn't need to be nervous about the Jackson announcement and we don't need to be nervous about this announcement.

It is known and TF will be a great addition to a talented and fun to watch team.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

What time is this happening?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Zero wrote:Announcing tomorrow per Twitter. There is a signing day special on espnu tomorrow afternoon. Not sure he will be announcing there but could be likely.

BEAR DOWN
Looks like thats on from 2:30-4 Tucson time