Re: Terrance Ferguson

Post by Beachcat97 »

Just to put this out there:

KS/PJC/KA
AT/RA/KA
LM/RS
CC/RS
DR/CC

That's still a good looking depth chart. Like everyone, I hope we do get to see TF as a Wildcat, but if it doesn't work out for him, we're still a top 3 team in the Pac.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I referenced Kanter more in the sense that he stayed with KY because he thought he'd be eligible, the NCAA strung it out a bit and then it didn't happen. NCAA limbo is an ugly place.
No, I totally got your reference. That's why I said going overseas is better than nothing i.e. sitting on the bench being ineligible.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... &id=201408" target="_blank

More evidence tonight that Arizona signee Terrance Ferguson may be headed to professional basketball: He is no longer listed on the roster for USA Basketball's U18 training camp.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... &id=201408

More evidence tonight that Arizona signee Terrance Ferguson may be headed to professional basketball: He is no longer listed on the roster for USA Basketball's U18 training camp.
Ugh.. bummed :(
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sean took a chance on him. Didn't work out. Moving on. Our roster still looks pretty nice.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Let's just wait for something to officially happen.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Just retweeted by TF
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Let's just wait for something to officially happen.
Are you new here? ;)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Beachcat97 wrote:Sean took a chance on him. Didn't work out. Moving on. Our roster still looks pretty nice.

You really are an idiot.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Let's just wait for something to officially happen.
Are you new here? ;)
Nah, I've wasted some of the best years of my life yelling at Mustafa Shakur.

https://youtu.be/ph6uMpcGpr0" target="_blank
Zero

Post by Zero »

Merkin wrote:Just retweeted by TF
That Adam Gardner UofA fan who tweeted direct to TF "wheres the one with the Adelaide 36ers logo??" is not the type of fan we really need tweeting these kids.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

What does this tweet mean? That he's still going to college? Not getting this.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Beachcat97 wrote:What does this tweet mean? That he's still going to college? Not getting this.
You need a hobby BC
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fishclamps wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:What does this tweet mean? That he's still going to college? Not getting this.
You need a hobby BC
Asking desperately needy and unanswerable questions on this board IS his hobby.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It means that bird is the word.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Oy vey. Sorry I asked.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Beachcat97 wrote:Oy vey. Sorry I asked.
The tweet means nothing, just like everything here means nothing until it is official. There is no reading between lines needed to get that, it is clear as day.

Facts: 1. Ferguson wants to play at Arizona, 2. NCAA might not allow that to happen, 3. if 2. happens he will play overseas.
Opinions: Everything else.

Feel free to get back on your roller coaster of emotions now.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If TF wanted to go, he would already have announced. If he wanted to stay at Arizona, he would just wait until he hears from the NCAA then decide.

No news is good news in this case.

Seems pretty obvious he wants to be a Cat, but the NCAA has never done the UA any favors. Even in the Ced Dempsey days.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Thanks, guys. At a conference today and just checking for news. Yes, conference is that boring.
ALASKACAT

Here's an article explaining.....

Post by ALASKACAT »

https://www.campusrush.com/api-dallas-p ... 98303.html" target="_blank

On April 21 the NCAA ruled it wouldn't accept courses from API, confirming suspicions that the school was neither advanced nor preparatory. API is appealing the NCAA's ruling, but reports emerged in early June that API's best senior, 6' 7" guard Terrance Ferguson, is considering playing pro hoops overseas next season instead of attending Arizona. While he hasn't commented publicly, his uncertain academic record looms over the decision. "I hope this is a cautionary tale," says Fran Fraschilla, an ESPN analyst who tweeted that Ferguson could end up in Australia. "For him to potentially lose a chance to go to a school like Arizona is tragic."

API filed for incorporation on March 17, 2015, but principal Leicha Shaver and coach Ray Forsett have worked together before. That is the source of the skepticism. Shaver and Forsett came from Prime Prep, the controversial school cofounded by Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, which was shut down last year amid a wave of investigations over stolen computers and misappropriated federal funds. Before Prime Prep, Shaver lost her job at Roosevelt High in Dallas, after a school-district investigation found that she had engaged in nepotism and misuse of federal grant money.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

foo.

any new news?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

He's not going to attend UofA. Think the writing's been on the wall for a while now.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Beachcat97 wrote:He's not going to attend UofA. Think the writing's been on the wall for a while now.
If a decision to not attend has been made, why hasn't he signed?

I'm not saying I know.

I'm saying if he didn't want to come to Arizona, I'm guessing he's already have made news of such known. No reason not to. It's almost July.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Frankly, schools with leadership like that should be scrutinized. It does suck that kids lose out in attending a school that can't measure up to the marketing.
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

He (or a like named student) is now in the campus directory.

FERGUSON, TERRANCE student
Undergraduate - Eller College of Management - Pre-Business
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:

No lie, that is also the first thing I thought of.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Beachcat97 wrote:He's not going to attend UofA. Think the writing's been on the wall for a while now.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Scheer was on local radio today. Pretty much said he does not expect him here. Coaches have been told he is coming but they are going forward not expecting him to be here.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

If anything it clears up the rotation a bit. More time at the 3 for Smith, more PT for Rawle.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Finally the conversation can shift to the guys who will actually be on the team.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Still hopeful.

Really excited about Rawle. Think he will be special.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beachcat97 wrote:Finally the conversation can shift to the guys who will actually be on the team.
So, good news!
Right where I want to be.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

gumby wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Finally the conversation can shift to the guys who will actually be on the team.
So, good news!

:lol:
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Because the conversation is an essential part of developing a team...
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fuck...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

At least he avoided the Pittsfalls of a pit stop...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Dumb kid. From the bama decommitt, to the "april fools" commit, to the BS Arizona commit...hopefully he has a wise, non-money motivated person helping to guide him...oh wait...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Couple of things on this: First, he's a teenager who is good enough at basketball to get paid to play the game he loves, in Australia...and then possibly get drafted in the NBA and make millions of dollars, along with getting some fame. Kids did it this year in the draft, and were successful--so it's not a "dumb" decision.

Second, he acted like a teenager and had some fun on Twitter and people want to rail on him as if they made astute, responsible decisions at the same age. Lay off the kid.

Third, the team and program will be fine. He wasn't likely a 1 and done type player...LeBron James he is not. In fact, I'd be willing to bet most people on this board and other boards who don't religiously follow recruiting, had never heard of him before his decommit at Bama.

Fourth, he may have not actually qualified at UA from the rumors that I have heard.

And lastly, don't let your disappointment or your love of UA sports make you into (even more) of an idiot by throwing a kid making a decision that seems to be the best for him and his family. You aren't in his shoes.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

From what I read, it seemed like he actually wanted to go to AZ but maybe the NCAA was not going to let that happen.

I could be wrong...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:From what I read, it seemed like he actually wanted to go to AZ but maybe the NCAA was not going to let that happen.

I could be wrong...
I doubt you are wrong. When the NCAA said they would not accept API classes, he probably lost an entire year of "school" he needed for eligibility.

Look, it's looking increasingly stupid for players to associate with Prime or API or whatever the name is next year, but from all signs, that was the tipping point. If he was eligible, it's a whole different ballgame.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I thought losing Josh was the worst thing that could happen this off-season

#nope

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Olsondogg wrote:Third, the team and program will be fine. He wasn't likely a 1 and done type player...LeBron James he is not. In fact, I'd be willing to bet most people on this board and other boards who don't religiously follow recruiting, had never heard of him before his decommit at Bama.
This isn't even a TF comment, but I think you generally have to assume that every kid ranked 1-40 is a one and done.

The reason I say that is it seems most of them seem to see themselves that way. Now it could be guys stay for a second year, third year, etc., but I think the assumption from the jump should be they're all one and dones in that range until they in fact show up on campus for their second year of school.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

SCCats wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Third, the team and program will be fine. He wasn't likely a 1 and done type player...LeBron James he is not. In fact, I'd be willing to bet most people on this board and other boards who don't religiously follow recruiting, had never heard of him before his decommit at Bama.
This isn't even a TF comment, but I think you generally have to assume that every kid ranked 1-40 is a one and done.

The reason I say that is it seems most of them seem to see themselves that way. Now it could be guys stay for a second year, third year, etc., but I think the assumption from the jump should be they're all one and dones in that range until they in fact show up on campus for their second year of school.

From what I've read, he would have not been a first round pick, nor a 1 and done if he had played in college--his deficiencies would have been exposed. I don't assume anyone is a 1 and done player, ever. Too many factors play into that.

Everything I read said he was a 3 and done. Now, you could argue that hurts even more losing him to Australia. However, his "high school" was already fighting the NCAA to have him qualified, which was probably the biggest factor.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

No question he will be in next years draft