I'm so sick

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

I'm so sick

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It's just not fucking comprehensible that we stall in the Elite Eight again. Again.

It's always something, and this time it's Wisconsin making every three in the second half.
ASUCatFan

Re: I'm so sick

Post by ASUCatFan »

Sean Miller needs to tweak his offensive philosophy. He is one of the best coaches in the country, but that is his Achilles heel.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Brutal.....just brutal.......depressing....
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

I'm just about done with sports. I get so heartbroken. I can find others means of enjoyment without having my emotions played on like this.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Anybody know the nearest cliff?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Worst of it all is the 2-3 year (McConnell) window is closed. It'll be a while before you have another team like this.
VoltronX

Post by VoltronX »

Fuck Wisconsin, Go Kentucky.
biggles

Post by biggles »

ASUCatFan wrote:Sean Miller needs to tweak his offensive philosophy. He is one of the best coaches in the country, but that is his Achilles heel.
Yeah shooting 56% and 30 FT attempts just screams poor offense.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Offense wasn't the issue. Giving up 55 in a half was. Wisconsin was just unconscious shooting but our defense lost us the game. We shot well, hit our fts...just couldn't stop them from hitting everything they threw up.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

ASUCatFan wrote:Sean Miller needs to tweak his offensive philosophy. He is one of the best coaches in the country, but that is his Achilles heel.
78 points 99 times out of a 100 gets us a victory.

30 points on 3's is an anomaly in a second half against us.
loomer

Post by loomer »

The defense was the problem tonight. The only problems with our offense were the horrible starts to both halves (this seems to be a theme under Miller) and the lack of 3 point shooting. We were on fire from the free throw line and it kept us in the game in the 2nd half (93%!)
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Arizona Basketball has the worst fucking luck since 2002.

Thats what this is about. We cant catch a fuckin break once we get deep in the tournament.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It feels like we're cursed. Some of what Dekker was throwing up was ridiculous, but it was all going in.

Oh, and **** Aaron Rodgers.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Sean needs to adapt, even against all his instincts, much like Lute's move away from the bruising Tucson Skyline type philosophy to the fast, athletic, 3 guard lineups.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Sevun
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

UAdevil wrote:
Sean needs to adapt, even against all his instincts, much like Lute's move away from the bruising Tucson Skyline type philosophy to the fast, athletic, 3 guard lineups.
Yep that's why I'm excited for next year already. The offense will have a completely different feel than what we've been used to the past few years, simply due to personnel.
gumby

Post by gumby »

That's your takeaway? Badgers gave up a lot more than they usually do. It was the rain of threes.
Right where I want to be.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I could be wrong. I'm drunk and upset.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Catintheheat wrote:Sevun
We're at Sevun times two.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

For our luck to be absolutely perfect ND will win their game.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

SCCats wrote:For our luck to be absolutely perfect ND will win their game.
Exactly what I've been thinking. :evil:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

UAdevil wrote:
SCCats wrote:For our luck to be absolutely perfect ND will win their game.
Exactly what I've been thinking. :evil:

I'm waiting for it to happen. If it does I'm probably going to drink 20 beers.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

gumby wrote:
That's your takeaway? Badgers gave up a lot more than they usually do. It was the rain of threes.
That was mostly it. I do wish the Cats had stuck with the kill the Badgers inside philosophy right out of the half. We had 2 dead spots in the beginning of each half which hurt. Not sure why the Cats didn't stick with the strategy which was our clear advantage. Frank had 4 fouls and we never put the ball inside again on him. I didn't get that. Not sure it would have mattered because of the 80+% in 3s but I thought that was our best shot.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:It feels like we're cursed.
That is the exact phrase that kept running through my head in the second half. Why us?

Garrett Lambert

Post by Garrett Lambert »

I'll take the blame for the curse, everyone. I applied to U of A months after the 2001 championship game. Since then, well you all know what has happened. But at least I recognize that I brought this onto us all and am sorry.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Been following UofA sports since 1982 and I am glad I am older because 15 years ago I would get really mad and depressed after a season loss, now I just think of what a great year we had and look forward to the next UofA sport. I think it could be a lot worse, we could be asu fans, that is depressing.
Bear Down and thank you to the basketball team for a great year.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yeah what was this again and when was it supposed to end?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:

Jason Gardner's uncle was pissed about the way JG was treated, by Ben Hansen I think. The uncle was UDUG over at TOS. He cursed the UA program for SEVUN years.

Shepherd of the court!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

UAEebs86 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah probably down for maintenance is the way to go. :lol:
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

sucks in this moment, but i have all the confidence that CSM will get his ff and 'chip one day and all this will be erased in one fell swoop. roy williams went through something similar during his kansas days, but now all the "bridesmaid" talk is long forgotten. the same way that all the jibba-jabba about Miller and the p12 tourney is now ancient history..
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Irish27 wrote:Been following UofA sports since 1982 and I am glad I am older because 15 years ago I would get really mad and depressed after a season loss, now I just think of what a great year we had and look forward to the next UofA sport. I think it could be a lot worse, we could be asu fans, that is depressing.
Bear Down and thank you to the basketball team for a great year.
I'm only 29 but I've already learned to let the anger go. I'm bummed but not angry and still thrilled by the first 37 games of the season. When I was 5-10 years younger I would get physically angry and upset for days after losses like this. After the Illinois game in 2005 when I was a freshman I was pounding the wall of my dorm with my fist and pissed off for days. I've learned to just accept and move on and look to the future.

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

at least we can look forward to football season. schools like kansas, kentucky, duke, uconn, and gonzaga are in the doldrums until next basketball season.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dirtbags wrote:at least we can look forward to football season. schools like kansas, kentucky, duke, uconn, and gonzaga are in the doldrums until next basketball season.
Duke has won more games than us in football the last two years.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I used to be despondent for days after a tourney loss like this. I'm 38 now. I felt sad, sick, and just low for about 30 minutes today. Now, on to next season.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

ASUHATER! wrote:
dirtbags wrote:at least we can look forward to football season. schools like kansas, kentucky, duke, uconn, and gonzaga are in the doldrums until next basketball season.
Duke has won more games than us in football the last two years.
duke's loss to asu in their bowl game this year negates all
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAdevil wrote:I used to be despondent for days after a tourney loss like this. I'm 38 now. I felt sad, sick, and just low for about 30 minutes today. Now, on to next season.
Thats where I'm at. I'm over it. We go beat by the better team, tonight.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

It is disappointing to see the Ashley/Tarc/Hollis-Jefferson era end. It was fun to watch, and was filled with championship potential. AZ will still have a viable roster next year, but that front-line will be missed (along with bona fide freshman stars like Gordon and Johnson).
gumby

Post by gumby »

Daryl Zero wrote:
gumby wrote:
That was mostly it. I do wish the Cats had stuck with the kill the Badgers inside philosophy right out of the half. We had 2 dead spots in the beginning of each half which hurt. Not sure why the Cats didn't stick with the strategy which was our clear advantage. Frank had 4 fouls and we never put the ball inside again on him. I didn't get that. Not sure it would have mattered because of the 80+% in 3s but I thought that was our best shot.
Yeah, some bad possessions. A lot of what we did effectively in the first half was off Badger misses. Those were rare in the second half. Just can't expect us to need 86 points to win. I wouldn't make a single long--term adjustment based on one freak-show of a game.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Jason Gardner's uncle was pissed about the way JG was treated, by Ben Hansen I think. The uncle was UDUG over at TOS. He cursed the UA program for SEVUN years.

Shepherd of the court!
He was pissed in general when the offense began to go through Walton. Posters pushed back against his thinly veiled shots at Lute. Got really heated when Hansen and Gershon correctly noted that Luke Ridnour was the superior point guard. Relatives should keep their distance.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

ASUHATER! wrote:I'm only 29 but I've already learned to let the anger go. I'm bummed but not angry and still thrilled by the first 37 games of the season. When I was 5-10 years younger I would get physically angry and upset for days after losses like this. After the Illinois game in 2005 when I was a freshman I was pounding the wall of my dorm with my fist and pissed off for days. I've learned to just accept and move on and look to the future.
Same sentiment here - and it must be no coincidence we're the same age, changing at the same rate. After last night I thought it take me two days to get over everything, but after getting back from the bar and making dinner I was over it.

Not to say I won't feel disappointed when whenever last night's game comes to mind, it's rather that last night's game won't be following me around like losses experienced in my younger years.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I was steamed for about an hour after the game ended. I went with a friend and had a nice dinner later in the evening. I woke up today and was a little disappointed but I am over it. The funny thing about the tourney is that the deeper you get, the harder the loss stings. I take comfort in the fact that it does not work out for 63 out of 64 fan bases.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

It hit me hard when the loss was inevitable. But by the time the UK/ND game started I was mostly over it.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I saw several people say the 2005 was worse, but this hurt the most out of all of the exits this century for us. I think its the attachment to Rondae and TJ, two of the most likeable Cats of all time, and the fact that Sean Miller has continued to not have shit bounce his way to get over that hump.

05 left me more sick, because it was already decided in my mind we were advancing, only to piss it away, but this is more sad.

And i was almost over it this morning, until this old fucking hag at the gym was parading around in a wisconsin t shirt. If she wasnt a woman, and wasn't elderly, i would have said something. She was just walking around not doing anything, with a grin on her face. She was trolling, or she thought she was actually somebody for a brief period. Either way, fuck her
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

rgdeuce wrote:I saw several people say the 2005 was worse, but this hurt the most out of all of the exits this century for us. I think its the attachment to Rondae and TJ, two of the most likeable Cats of all time, and the fact that Sean Miller has continued to not have shit bounce his way to get over that hump.

05 left me more sick, because it was already decided in my mind we were advancing, only to piss it away, but this is more sad.

And i was almost over it this morning, until this old fucking hag at the gym was parading around in a wisconsin t shirt. If she wasnt a woman, and wasn't elderly, i would have said something. She was just walking around not doing anything, with a grin on her face. She was trolling, or she thought she was actually somebody for a brief period. Either way, fuck her
lol I bet you would have done the same thing if the Cats won.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Catintheheat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:I saw several people say the 2005 was worse, but this hurt the most out of all of the exits this century for us. I think its the attachment to Rondae and TJ, two of the most likeable Cats of all time, and the fact that Sean Miller has continued to not have shit bounce his way to get over that hump.

lol I bet you would have done the same thing if the Cats won.
In Tucson, yes, it is expected. Somewhere else though, outside of the Phoenix metro area to troll our rival, no. If I lived in Madison and we beat Wisconsin, I would keep my Arizona gear off in public until the final four game.