Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

97cats

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Post by 97cats »

making noise this summer -- his focus, commitment, and work ethic is "big time".

biggest jump

lets go, Rondae!!
ASUHATER!

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Post by ASUHATER! »

i have a feeling he is going to be a monster this year. by the middle/end of last year he was a solid power conference starter...i think he can be an all american this year and a top 10 draft pick (please come back for year 3!)
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Barring injury, him coming back for his junior year is a pipe dream. The kid is gonna be a beast this season.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

2 NBA lottery picks coming from AZ next year
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

Alieberman wrote:2 NBA lottery picks coming from AZ next year

Rondae and BA , or SJ , or Zeus ?

:?:
:)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SJ = 1
RJ = top 10
BA = first round
KZ = first round.

However the national championship should push them even higher. :D
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I have no doubt in my mind that Rondae is going to have a big year
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

5-12 range: Hollis-Jefferson, realistic of 5-10
3-15 range: Johnson, realistic of 3-10
14-34 range: Ashley, realistic of 18-28
18-38 range: Tarczewski, realistic of 25-35
55-Undrafted: McConnell, realistic of UFA
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Life is real, cease the opportunity big bro @easymoneysniper is a great dude to look up to!! #ForeverStrongForBaba #CHAP #ShimmyFamily

#Blessed #Beardown #ForeverStrongForBaba #CHAP

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

RHJ needs to trim his fingernails.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Jefe wrote: Image
man he has some long arms
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

That dude is going to lay waste to the PAC12 this year.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:
Jefe wrote: Image
man he has some long arms
Almost as long as Durant's, who has the wingspan of a pterodactyl. Add that jump shot and...

[youtube]i7OyKAFu50M[/youtube]
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I recently learned there's no such thing as a pterodactyl. It's a derivation of pterodactylus, the correct name, which is weird because as I write the correct name, the spell check marks it, and when I google the correct name, it shows results for the incorrect name. I hear this drives scientists mad. Apparently the pterodactylus isn't even a dinosaur, either, it's more bird than reptile. And then there's the pteranodon, which is bigger than the pterodactylus, and the quetzalcoatlus, even larger, with wingspans of 30 and 40 feet, respectively. There's also talk about an even bigger pterosaur, the hatzygopteryx. So really the pterodactyl is a big pussy. But to the point you and 97 are making, yeah, RHJ has a ridiculously long wingspan, and I believe he can fly.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Rondae is going to be a beast next year, very excited to see him as a sophmore. Lute always says a player makes their biggest jump between their freshman and sophomore year.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

thenewazcats wrote:I recently learned there's no such thing as a pterodactyl. It's a derivation of pterodactylus, the correct name, which is weird because as I write the correct name, the spell check marks it, and when I google the correct name, it shows results for the incorrect name. I hear this drives scientists mad. Apparently the pterodactylus isn't even a dinosaur, either, it's more bird than reptile. And then there's the pteranodon, which is bigger than the pterodactylus, and the quetzalcoatlus, even larger, with wingspans of 30 and 40 feet, respectively. There's also talk about an even bigger pterosaur, the hatzygopteryx. So really the pterodactyl is a big pussy. But to the point you and 97 are making, yeah, RHJ has a ridiculously long wingspan, and I believe he can fly.
[youtube]GIQn8pab8Vc[/youtube]

[youtube]K3MBmAtM1Ic[/youtube]

Note, that second song has the best song ending ever.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

thenewazcats wrote:I recently learned there's no such thing as a pterodactyl. It's a derivation of pterodactylus, the correct name, which is weird because as I write the correct name, the spell check marks it, and when I google the correct name, it shows results for the incorrect name. I hear this drives scientists mad. Apparently the pterodactylus isn't even a dinosaur, either, it's more bird than reptile. And then there's the pteranodon, which is bigger than the pterodactylus, and the quetzalcoatlus, even larger, with wingspans of 30 and 40 feet, respectively. There's also talk about an even bigger pterosaur, the hatzygopteryx. So really the pterodactyl is a big pussy. But to the point you and 97 are making, yeah, RHJ has a ridiculously long wingspan, and I believe he can fly.
its amazing how many people think pteranodons and ichthyosaurs and all of those are dinosaurs. it's like thinking that humans are in the same family as shrews.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ASUHATER! wrote:
its amazing how many people think pteranodons and ichthyosaurs and all of those are dinosaurs. it's like thinking that humans are in the same family as shrews.
You read enough postings on the internet and you realize that most humans are shrews.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Shrewish princesses are often attracted to money, and power, and Rondae has BOTH, and YOU KNOW IT!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

gumby

Post by gumby »

As long Rondae pters it up this year, I can live with this.
Right where I want to be.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Will be the best player of the '14-'15 season
CryptoCat

Post by CryptoCat »

This is the greatest thread of all time.

OF ALL TIME!!!!
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

CryptoCat wrote:This is the greatest thread of all time.

OF ALL TIME!!!!
I disagree. This thread is pterrible.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

That ring is shweet!!!!
gumby

Post by gumby »

If he trims his nails, there goes the wingspan.
Right where I want to be.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

CBCat wrote:That ring is shweet!!!!
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

gumby wrote:If he trims his nails, there goes the wingspan.
Not "nails" they are "talons."
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

KD skills camp listed him at 6'7" 219lbs

http://www.nikeeyb.com/page/show/114092 ... rant-2014-

@Josh_Stirn
No surprise but Sam Dekker, Rondae Jefferson and Stanley Johnson have been the most impressive players in these 5-on-5s. #KDSkillsAcademy

http://www.theshadowleague.com/articles ... ls-academy
RONDAE HOLLIS-JEFFERSON, University of Arizona, 6-foot7-Sophomore – Hollis-Jefferson was one of the best players at the camp. He was very crafty with the ball, using hesitation and change of pace dribbles to create space for his smooth lefty jumper. He rebounded with strength, displayed excellent vision and passing ability as a facilitator, and his mid-range stroke and body control around the basket was smoother than a stick of melting margarine. On the defensive end, with a wingspan that measures over 7-foot, he’s strong, long and athletic enough to guard multiple positions. If he continues to improve in the manner that he did last year at Arizona as a freshmen, he’ll be a top 15 pick in next year’s NBA Draft. Don't be surprised if the Wildcats, despite the loss of Aaron Gordon to the NBA, win the National Championship next year

http://www.finestmag.com/apps/blog
Rondae Hollis- Jefferson - 6'7 219/ Sophomore/ Arizona
Hollis Jefferson showed he was right at home running point forward duties at the camp which he has done pretty much his entire basketball career. His versatility is what sets him apart, he truly can play any position on the perimeter at any given time. He defended well, got others going well, finished well and hit his jumpers. In a funny exchanged, he was asked by a gentlemen on the Nike Staff "who was he guarding?" Hollis- Jefferson without hesitation said "Kevin". Kevin responded by saying "You cant guard me" Hollis-Jefferson answered with "Yea right" KD then hit a jumper on him. That right there tells you all you need to know, Hollis Jefferson accepted the challenge against the MVP of the league on the spot. With that kind of competitive nature, Arizona opponents will be in for a looong season dealing with him.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

He and Stanley will make sweet music together. Keep working on that jumper and the world is his.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Jefe wrote:
CBCat wrote:That ring is shweet!!!!
But but regular season champions don't mean anything.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Hollis-Jefferson and Stan Johnson together -- get your tickets while you still can
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

UA basketball: Pair lands LeBron camp invite

16 hours ago • Arizona Daily Star

UA basketball players Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson have been invited to the LeBron James Skills Academy, one of the nation’s top showcases for young players, ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reported today.

The Las Vegas camp, which opens Wednesday, features 30 of the best college basketball players in the country. It was founded by James, a four-time NBA Most Valuable Player. Campers will spend the four days playing in front of media and scouts from nearly every NBA team.

Hollis-Jefferson averaged 9.1 points, 5.7 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.1 blocks as a UA freshman last season. Johnson, the Wildcats’ top incoming player, recently took part on the USA U18 National Team that compiled a 5-0 record in international play last month.

Read more in Friday's Arizona Daily Star

http://azstarnet.com/sports/basketball/ ... f887a.html
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

While I think most everyone here agrees with RHJ, I'd rather the actions/results on the court "do the actual talking".
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RHJ just gets exuberant. Love his interviews but he is just having fun.
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

gumby wrote:As long Rondae pters it up this year, I can live with this.
I just discovered this site the other day, and one of the first things I thought as I perused the postings was, "Is Gumby here too?" Question answered... this site is officially awesome!
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Coop Cat wrote:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... tball-fans

'tucky fans are a little sensitive. . .
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ghostwhitehorse wrote:
Coop Cat wrote:

I didn't realize how much I really don't like some of Kentucky's players until that comparison got posted.

Someone needs to tell them having a dominant AAU team doesn't equal anything beyond last year's results--a mediocre team that caught the right breaks and hit a hot streak at the right time.

I hate Duke with all my soul, but I'm so much more concerned about Duke than Kentucky next year.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I love to see RHJ and SJ not backing down to LBJ and KD. It's going to be a great season and it can't get here fast enough!
97cats

Post by 97cats »

best true to ring quote of the summer

McConnell
Johnson
Hollis-Jefferson
Ashley
Tarczewski
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Four first round talents and a 5th year senior coach's son bulldog pass first PG... Don't care if it's the best in the country, that combo plus Miller's touch is enough for a title run.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

rondae hollis jefferson 2014-15 statline (in his sadly last year as a wildcat):

30 minutes per game
12 points per game
6.5 rebounds per game
1.5 blocks per game
2 assists per game

all pac 12/ncaa 3rd team/top 10 pick in 2015 draft

book it

thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I think RHJ makes that 1st team AA.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

thenewazcats wrote:I think RHJ makes that 1st team AA.
If this happens, and if Stanley is as good as we think he will be, and if Bash returns to form, and if Tarc continues to improve, and if TJ finds his three point shot again, well sir, we'll be cutting down the nets in April. :)
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Most talented UA team since 2001...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

And if Miller fails to make the Final Four with this lineup?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Merkin wrote:And if Miller fails to make the Final Four with this lineup?
I think that would be more on the team than Miller.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ghostwhitehorse wrote:
Coop Cat wrote:

Awful writing, esp. from an Arizona site:

Arizona's starting lineup -- if we project it to be T.J. McConnell, Stanley Johnson, Hollis-Jefferson, Brandon Ashley and Kaleb Tarczewski -- has age, experience, versatility and the defensive edge on the Wildcats.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:And if Miller fails to make the Final Four with this lineup?
Depends. Last year, we were the NC favorite. Freak injury and we lose in the Elite Eight. Would Miller have done a better job if the bone doesn't break and we beat UConn and Tucky and win #2?

If we squeak in the tourney as a #10 seed and make the FF because all 4 opponents get in bus crashes and forfeit, is he better next year?

It all depends.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Is this a legit website for mock drafts? If so having 2 top 5 and 4 of the top 35 picks would be awesome!

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2015-nba-mock-draft.html