2015 Mock Draft

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Coop Cat

2015 Mock Draft

Post by Coop Cat »

Never too early for a 2105 Mock Draft by Chad Ford:

5. Stanley Johnson, Orlando Magic

The Magic got both their power forward and point guard of the future in the 2014 draft with Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton, respectively. Pair them with Victor Oladipo and the Magic have a dominant defensive team in the making. Add Johnson to the mix and you have yet another player capable of locking down multiple positions. Johnson's not a great shooter, which might make him an odd choice for Orlando given the team's shooting woes, but he's the sort of high-character, high-energy player whom GM Rob Hennigan seems to be in love with.

16. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Brooklyn Nets

Hollis-Jefferson, at times, looked like the best player on the Wildcats last season. He's a high-energy athlete who plays two ways. His jump shot is his biggest question mark, along with how he'll fit in next to Stanley Johnson. For a Nets team that long term is very thin at the 3 position, Hollis-Jefferson would be a nice pick here.

Others:

7. Justise Winslow
28. Jabari Bird

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mo ... fresh=true
KaibabKat

Re: 2015 Mock Draft

Post by KaibabKat »

Rondae will go higher than 16th.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

If Ashley improves from last year, he may very well wind up in the first round. An agile, athletic big with shooting range, enormous wingspan, great rebounding, and defensive skills.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Where is Allonzo Trier listed?

Kaleb Tarczewski?

Counting Ashley, that makes 5 draft picks next year, with one not being a starter since no one is taking McConnell's spot who won't get drafted.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

KaibabKat wrote:Rondae will go higher than 16th.
His slot is entirely dependent on his jumper. If he can shoot it, he's a lottery lock. Middling results, 16th isn't crazy.
prh

Post by prh »

Merkin wrote:Where is Allonzo Trier listed?

Kaleb Tarczewski?

Counting Ashley, that makes 5 draft picks next year, with one not being a starter since no one is taking McConnell's spot who won't get drafted.
One more year Merk. He'd be 2016 draft if he's one and done.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

prh wrote:

Kaleb Tarczewski?

One more year Merk. He'd be 2016 draft if he's one and done.

Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Ashley is going to surprise everyone. I would not be at all surprised to see 3 first round picks from Arizona next year.

Go Cats!!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Catstatic wrote:Ashley is going to surprise everyone. I would not be at all surprised to see 3 first round picks from Arizona next year.

Go Cats!!
Only 3? I would think we have 2 locks and 2 on the bubble.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Kaleb Tarczewski?

Is anyone here under the impression that Trier is a likely one and done? I mean, I know he can score but I don't see anyone but Rabb (if we get him) from this class leaving after one year. Interested in hearing some thoughts on this from people who might have seen a lot of Trier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dcZONAfan wrote:

Kaleb Tarczewski?

Is anyone here under the impression that Trier is a likely one and done? I mean, I know he can score but I don't see anyone but Rabb (if we get him) from this class leaving after one year. Interested in hearing some thoughts on this from people who might have seen a lot of Trier
I can't say I've seen "a lot" of Trier. Probably no more than your average Scout Premium subscriber. But I'll offer my thoughts anyway.

A lot will depend on how much muscle he's able to add before the 2015 season. Right now he's big enough that he can bully other high school SGs, but to compete at the NBA level he's going to have to get stronger. So I can imagine a situation where if he puts on 5 to 10 pounds of muscle and has a stellar freshman campaign he could explore his options, but even then I think scouts will tell him to go back to school and put on some more muscle so he doesn't get backed down on defense and can absorb contact at the rim and still finish strong.

So no, I don't see him as a guaranteed one-and-done like Stanley. I think he'll need some time to develop fully and reach his full potential.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Jefferson 3-14 range, likely 7-12
Johnson 3-14 range, likely 4-9
Ashley 15-35 range, likely 18-25
Tarczewski 22-40 range, likely 26-32

My guess is all go 1st. Two top-10, two 20s.