UA Basketball 2015-2016 Discussion Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: UA Basketball 2015-2016 Discussion Thread

Post by Longhorned »

I'm still in wait-and-see mode for whether there may be another great player on Arizona's roster. After just one game against a decent opposing player (though not a decent team that night), I'm not ready to cross Kadeem Allen off the list. Maybe I'll be ready to cross him off after the Wooden Legacy and Gonzaga, but as of now all we have is player testimony that he's great, and one game total, which doesn't contradict that player testimony. Plus, you know, Bill Walton.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Yes, Bill Walton. Kadeem Allen is the greatest player in the greatest conference in the history of the world.
Right where I want to be.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

KaibabKat wrote:Stanley is shooting 37.3% from the field, 21.7% from behind the arc and 60.0% from the line. He is scoring 0.93 points/field goal attempt. That is the worst of all the former Wildcats in the NBA and pretty poor by any standard.

Aaron Gordon IS doing great.
He's also 19, financially secure for a while (with the length being determined on how smart he is with his money), and is playing against the best competition in the world every day and under another great head coach. Right decision by Stanley.

He puts together a few consecutive hot games or figures out when it's time to put the jumpshot away and focus on defense and rebounding, his shooting numbers should be fairly close to aligning with Kobe's 42% and 34% at the same age (with the benefit of having Shaq and 61-win teammates too), or McGrady's 43% and 22% at 19. I remember Jermaine O'Neal being called a complete bust after four seasons. Not everyone can be a KG, Kyrie or LBJ at 19.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Jefe wrote:Extremely comfortable with his left

gamechanger!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Zeus in the Top 50 Wooden Watch. Skipped over Ryan

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... ate-kansas" target="_blank
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Anybody see all the pictures of Gabe York with the Compton Magic coach today and one of them was in mckale? How does this happen and how do you think Miller feels about that?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

3goggles wrote:Anybody see all the pictures of Gabe York with the Compton Magic coach today and one of them was in mckale? How does this happen and how do you think Miller feels about that?
no didn't see. link?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So far, I am liking what I see from this team. I am actually glad that the team got to experience a reffing crew enforcing the rules to the letter of the rule. Painful to watch, but a good learning experience for all.

I am anxious to see how players respond after subpar performances. We saw how Trier responded, and I am excited to see how some of the others do as well.

Nice to hear someone other than Ryan Anderson dons the gold jersey this week. I am now expecting that RA goes off tonight...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm happy Miller keeps talking about how fun it is to coach this group. We have so many new faces and old faces in new spots that you wonder how it comes together. That Miller is very happy coaching them is a great sign that it will come together well.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

CalStateTempe wrote:
3goggles wrote:Anybody see all the pictures of Gabe York with the Compton Magic coach today and one of them was in mckale? How does this happen and how do you think Miller feels about that?
no didn't see. link?
It's on the Compton Magic Instagram and Yorks Instagram
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm sure Miller would be more than happy to have a great relationship with ALL of the AAU programs, especially those on the west coast.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Chicat wrote:
I'm sure Miller would be more than happy to have a great relationship with ALL of the AAU programs, especially those on the west coast.
I'm sure he would but that's not current state after he blasted ucla which I love
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:So far, I am liking what I see from this team. I am actually glad that the team got to experience a reffing crew enforcing the rules to the letter of the rule. Painful to watch, but a good learning experience for all.

I am anxious to see how players respond after subpar performances. We saw how Trier responded, and I am excited to see how some of the others do as well.

Nice to hear someone other than Ryan Anderson dons the gold jersey this week. I am now expecting that RA goes off tonight...
Who has the gold jersey this week?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

rgdeuce wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:So far, I am liking what I see from this team. I am actually glad that the team got to experience a reffing crew enforcing the rules to the letter of the rule. Painful to watch, but a good learning experience for all.

Who has the gold jersey this week?
Kadeem Allen
Dave

Post by Dave »

Allen won it and he is not expected to start?
http://tucson.com/sports/college/wildca ... ium=direct" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Oh the horror.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

3goggles wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I'm sure he would but that's not current state after he blasted ucla which I love
There's nothing Sean Miller can do about a supposedly independent AAU program getting butt hurt because he put another college's shitty attendance on blast (rightfully).

If they want their kids to go play in front of a half-empty arena for a coach who values nepotism over winning, well . . . I guess more power to them.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If someone really has an issue with anything that Miller says in the presser then the terrorists have already won.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:If someone really has an issue with anything that Miller says in the presser then the terrorists have already won.
Next press conference topics:

The Pope is Catholic. Water is wet. Bears **** in the woods.

They're all as controversial as saying UCLA has unimpressive fan support.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Imagine for a second if after a big win, Alford were to come up to the podium to start the press conference and he said something to the effect that UCLA has the best fans in the nation.

The loud and sustained laughter from everyone in that room would drown out anything else he had to say.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:Imagine for a second if after a big win, Alford were to come up to the podium to start the press conference and he said something to the effect that UCLA has the best fans in the nation.

The loud and sustained laughter from everyone in that room would drown out anything else he had to say.
Well he is full of shit, and an asshole...so maybe everyone would just think he was being sarcastic.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:Imagine for a second if after a big win, Alford were to come up to the podium to start the press conference and he said something to the effect that UCLA has the best fans in the nation.

Well he is full of shit, and an asshole...so maybe everyone would just think he was being sarcastic.
Yeah, I never really get the sense that he gives fuck 1 about the fans.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Would you? I mean, is there a worse, more unappreciative, cannibalizing, unrealistic pretentious fan base in sports? They are truly a match made in heaven.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Would you?
I'd at least try to pretend....
Olsondogg wrote:I mean, is there a worse, more unappreciative, cannibalizing, unrealistic pretentious fan base in sports? They are truly a match made in heaven.
Notre Dame football? Eh, maybe not even them.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Dave wrote:Allen won it and he is not expected to start?
i have no idea why Bruce did that
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It would be less offensive than what he said about Pierre Pierce, so that's a start.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:
Dave wrote:Allen won it and he is not expected to start?
i have no idea why Bruce did that

He has to type something when pounding away at the keyboard during pressers...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Man Sean Miller sure has converted me to his style of basketball, because I hated last night's game. If I wasn't such a huge fanatic of Arizona that game would've been such a joy to watch with both teams just going back and forth at each other, but the defense or lack there of was absolutely killing me. This team just doesn't have the athletes of the more recent teams, especially at the 3 spot (well there is one on the bench who appears to be wasting a redshirt year). Webb was able to get whatever he wanted all night and that was painful to see. Obviously the team's technique defensively will get better, but I'm not sure how we defend athletic 3's in conference this year, namely Jaylen Brown, Dillon Brooks, and maybe even Jordan Loveridge.

Also as discussed in the preseason I just don't see how this team is a top 20 defensive team with the lack of athletes we're suffering from, but we'll see.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ChooChooCat wrote:Man Sean Miller sure has converted me to his style of basketball, because I hated last night's game. If I wasn't such a huge fanatic of Arizona that game would've been such a joy to watch with both teams just going back and forth at each other, but the defense or lack there of was absolutely killing me. This team just doesn't have the athletes of the more recent teams, especially at the 3 spot (well there is one on the bench who appears to be wasting a redshirt year). Webb was able to get whatever he wanted all night and that was painful to see. Obviously the team's technique defensively will get better, but I'm not sure how we defend athletic 3's in conference this year, namely Jaylen Brown, Dillon Brooks, and maybe even Jordan Loveridge.

Also as discussed in the preseason I just don't see how this team is a top 20 defensive team with the lack of athletes we're suffering from, but we'll see.
Choochoo this is hilarious because I 100% agree with how uncomfortable it was to watch and that's because at this point we are just spoiled because of the last few years. Although I think that our defense is going to end up being really good and that Boise was just an absolute matchup nightmare.

Think about the fact that Zeus was pulled away from the basket literally all game, and how that effects EVERYTHING we do on defense not having him as the anchor. Like Gabe said in the presser, that's not going to happen again all season in all likelihood.

The fact that we can score like that, especially in a game where we got nothing from Zeus or Anderson offensively, has me very excited for how good this offense could be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:Man Sean Miller sure has converted me to his style of basketball, because I hated last night's game. If I wasn't such a huge fanatic of Arizona that game would've been such a joy to watch with both teams just going back and forth at each other, but the defense or lack there of was absolutely killing me. This team just doesn't have the athletes of the more recent teams, especially at the 3 spot (well there is one on the bench who appears to be wasting a redshirt year). Webb was able to get whatever he wanted all night and that was painful to see. Obviously the team's technique defensively will get better, but I'm not sure how we defend athletic 3's in conference this year, namely Jaylen Brown, Dillon Brooks, and maybe even Jordan Loveridge.

It's a good thing that the area I have the most faith in Miller to teach is D. Between that and Boise being a good team, I am in a good place with last night.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Who's the athletic 3 on the bench wasting a redshirt year? Don't get it.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:Who's the athletic 3 on the bench wasting a redshirt year? Don't get it.
He's referring to Justin Simon.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

With all this talk about defense, and the concerns surrounding it...perspective is necessary. For years I have heard complaints about how the offense is the issue, and nogalistic rants about the days of Lute "why can't we play like that, again?!?" I have heard about the limitations of a pack line defense, and how it can allow a shooter to "go off" (usually ending with something about Jimmer or Dekker).

A few things in regards to perspective. First, this is game number three of the '15-16 season, in which Arizona played a pretty decent MWC contending, NCAA team with a couple of good players and a well regarded coaching staff...which really ran some good stuff offensively. It is a great test for a team who lost again in a closed scrimmage to St. Mary's a few weeks ago (get Machina off a ledge). Going off memory, Boise shot 43% in the game, and without a box score in front of me--I'd be willing to bet that in the 2nd half they shot considerably worse than in the first. Probably due to the fact that they didn't play a bench much at all. 43% isn't the greatest number, but it also isn't the worst..."But yeah Odogg, they scored 76 points"...well yeah, they did. Last year, in game 2 the '14-15 Wildcat team, which was in the top 3 defensively in the nation allowed Cal State Northridge to score 68 points in Mckale (45 of them in the 2nd half) and allowed them to shoot 42% from the field. I believe CSN ended up winning a grand total of 9 games that year.

My point is this...lets not lose our shit over the fucking 3rd game of the season. Are there issues? For sure. Defense is definitely not where it needs to be...but according to Miller, it is better than 3 weeks ago. I don't get discouraged by much, especially game 3 in November against a likely top 50 RPI opponent. I happened to see alot of good things on the floor and a team that has alot to learn, but seems to be picking up on things pretty well IMO.

Listen to naysayers if you want, like loveable alumni troll Goodman who loses sleep over our PG situation while massaging his jaw in empty Maples Pavilion last night.

I choose to enjoy the offensive display that has been shown, and the ever changing focus of the chicken littles whom lamented the lack of offense in years past, and have now switched the tune to defense.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Whoa, Simon's a 3 now? When'd that happen?

Odogg, who's losing their shit? We've looked pretty damned good considering how early it is and how new the roster is. Even at PG, despite Goodman's lunacy.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

We already have people worrying about games that occur next year, in this very thread.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Puerco wrote:Who's the athletic 3 on the bench wasting a redshirt year? Don't get it.
Too many people on this board get really stuck on players redshirting. It just does not happen much today.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

That game was invaluable. Boise State is obviously a quality team, but from a match up standpoint, it made them even tougher. And that is probably the best game Boise State is going to play all year. I mean, James Webb, career best 27 points; he has 22 against NAU, congrats, and six against Montana. Their fat boy had 11 and 7pts in his team's first two games, and he got Sam Dekker fever in the first half. He was telegraphing the hell out of his pump fakes and drives with his body posture, I picked up on it pretty early from the stands. Not sure if Tarc, Anderson, or any of the coaching staff did, but I thought it was pretty obvious. He cooled off in the second, not sure if it was because someone picked it up (there were still some lapses), or if it was the fact that he was a tub of lard and wore out. They were just chucking a lot of the time and they were falling. We knew Drmic was their best player coming in, and he was largely skunked, 3 of 10 from the floor, so the job we did on him was a good sign.

The wear down was obviously in full effect so I wasn't too worried. You look up at their bench scoring at some point in the second half when it was still close, we had a 32-2 edge there. It was just a matter of getting some turnovers or long rebounds and running to put them away and that is what happened. A few big concerns I had: Duncan was killing us and picked up his third foul minutes into the 2nd half. The refs are calling things tighter this year, pound the rock to whoever he is guarding and get number 4. The next few possessions Zeus got the ball and acted like it was a hot potato. Then they got Webb with four. He went to the bench but there were still plenty of opportunities to go at him. They went to a zone to protect those guys for a while but then switched back out. Got to do a better job of going hard at those guys to get them out of the game. There were several times where guys shied away from contact late with Duncan, I remember one time it was Trier and the other was Anderson, and both resulted in a turnover or throwing the offense completely out of sync which led to a bad shot late in the shot clock.

I won't state the obvious about the defense. That is clearly what needs to improve. The help defense is downright brutal. Allen and York had nice games defensively, and Allen alleviated a lot of my concerns of top-level wings and guards destroying us, Drmic was 6-6 and it didn't matter. I saw great improvement from Trier. Tollefsen is a liability on defense. To say he has consistently struggled to keep any of his men in front of him in the three games and the exhibition would be an understatement. At this point, there is nothing he does better than Trier and if they were equal defensively before, Trier has now passed him. As it stands, he is our 9th best player right now. We had the rebounding edge by eight, but they had 12 offensive rebounds (we had 10) to their 19 defensive rebounds. There were too many big stops in the 2nd half where we failed to finish with a defensive rebound. The game could have been put away a lot sooner.

There were a lot of positives from the game though. The wear down being one of them. Resiliency and grit is another. Punched in the mouth, some unreal shots going in, and this team never let the game get out of reach, BSU's biggest lead was five. We kept it close and when it mattered most, got important stops and put the ball in the basket. We came into this season expecting a front court dominant team. In a tough game, Zeus only gave us 4, Anderson 8 on a bad shooting night, and Tollefsen 5. Ristic was nice off the bench with 8 in 9 minutes and did whatever he wanted inside, it was just not a night he was going to log major minutes due to the match ups. We still won by 12. PJC had an outstanding game and we all have to be feeling pretty damn good about him moving forward. York showed everyone that he can be the man, he had balls of steel last night. Allen played a hell of a game, we are in good hands at the point whether it is him or PJC. Trier turned a slow start into a killer second half and was a big difference maker. Pitts had some foul trouble and turnovers, but it was nice to see him knock down that big three. Our offense is great, always room for improvement, but I am not worried about us putting points up, especially in crunch time. Got trigger happy with the 3 early, my only complaint.
Last edited by rgdeuce on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I definitely concede the fact that the defense should and will get better with time and I'm far from worried about anybody else on Boise that went off against us (fluffy white guy unconsciously shooting from half court included) as a trend, but I still have major concerns with defending big athletic 3's and even athletic 4's. I also concede there are not many big athletic 3's in college, especially in our conference, although I named a few, but outside of that long lanky kid wasting his vast potential away on the bench, I don't think there's an answer for defending those 3's this year. Also I don't want Ryan Anderson defending on the perimeter any more, boy he got drive byed by Webb numerous times last night with ease. Love a lot about Anderson, but do not love him defending athletic 4s. Also after 3 games in can we agree that Tolly is not the answer at the 3 as well? Back up 4 man all the way.

Last night was fun to watch outside of my defense cries and this season should continue to be fun as well. I will always shed a tear that I don't get to see Ray Smith play with this group though.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Puerco wrote:Whoa, Simon's a 3 now? When'd that happen?
He's 6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan. Yes he can play the 3 in college with ease. He's always been a 1-3 and this year's team has a glaring hole at one of those positions, especially defensively.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Just having the size doesn't mean you can play a position with ease. Simon is a 1, maybe a 1/2.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Too many people on this board get really stuck on players redshirting. It just does not happen much today.
Play them or just redshirt them. Either way commit to developing the damn guys you recruit. Miller made the right decision with our current point guard wouldn't you say? That guy that killed us last night redshirted his sophomore year too fwiw.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Just having the size doesn't mean you can play a position with ease. Simon is a 1, maybe a 1/2.
So your take is Simon is exclusively a 1 who can maybe play the 2? You're sticking with that answer?

Why can a guy play the 2 and not the 3 exactly? What is the difference between the two positions outside of size? Do you know that Allonzo Trier's minutes last night predominantly came at the 3. What makes him different than Simon other than he's slightly shorter and has a shorter wingspan than the guy you say can't play the 3?

Remember J.P. Prince? 6'6 point guard with a 7 foot wingspan. Played the small forward almost exclusively at Tennessee after he left Arizona. We're not talking about a point guard trying to play center or a center trying to play point guard here.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ChooChooCat wrote:
He's 6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan. Yes he can play the 3 in college with ease. He's always been a 1-3 and this year's team has a glaring hole at one of those positions, especially defensively.
Choo choo, be honest here, 100% honest. Ignore his physical attributes, height, wingspan, athleticism, etc., and whatever scouting reports you have read on him. What have you seen from Simon in our exhibition and first three regular season games that 1) justifies his playing time, especially in a tough, close, hard-nosed battle; and 2) shows he is a top-level defensive stopper. Because from what I have seen, in games, is a guy who looks like a freshman on both ends of the court. I have seen promise and potential, but in terms of right now, right this very second, he is not one of our three or four best perimeter defenders from what he has showed us in game action on the court. He will get better. He has time to improve. He will get game minutes against weaker opponents when the games dictate them, especially against some of the weaker teams when things are a little more comfortable. Who knows, maybe by the second half of the season, all of our dreams come true and he is a guy who can give us some nice minutes or a guy we can pop in when matchups dictate it.

But you know Sean Miller. You know what guys have to do to earn minutes. This isn't a case of us having a crummy offense and needing to sacrifice by leaving an adept defender on the bench in favor of offense. There is a reason he was not in the game last night, and there is a reason he isn't getting minutes. We don't see practices, but we do see games, and he hasn't shown me anything close to what you are making him out to be at this very moment. We are three games into the season, there is a ton of season left for the kid to get better and help this team.

There is much more to defense than length and athleticism and there is more to being physically able to guard a 3 than just length and athleticism. I KNOW you know that.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Throwback Thursday game. Loved it. Helps that I didn't watch it live. Players need to adjust to new officiating, which I like if it produces games like this.

Apparently, fans do, too. We're not going to post our recent defensive numbers, which were aided by physical play that's no longer legal (bumping cutters, etc.).

So I was thrilled with the firepower from a variety of sources. We CAN hit the three! Each time we trailed by 5, York rose up. Parker was fantastic in the first half. Trier in second half. Ristic looked really good. What a bench.

Anderson struggled (hope ankle is OK), an we still scored 88. The wear down came on offense. Hard to guard when so many can score and they share the ball. Waves of offense caused Broncos to crack.

Put down their players if you must, but they have legit talent. Duncan is not a fluke. Webb is a load. Drmic was off.

Was worried about this game. I'm very happy. Great action, and we never lost our cool.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Choo choo, be honest here, 100% honest. Ignore his physical attributes, height, wingspan, athleticism, etc., and whatever scouting reports you have read on him. What have you seen from Simon in our exhibition and first three regular season games that 1) justifies his playing time, especially in a tough, close, hard-nosed battle; and 2) shows he is a top-level defensive stopper. Because from what I have seen, in games, is a guy who looks like a freshman on both ends of the court. I have seen promise and potential, but in terms of right now, right this very second, he is not one of our three or four best perimeter defenders from what he has showed us in game action on the court. He will get better. He has time to improve. He will get game minutes against weaker opponents when the games dictate them, especially against some of the weaker teams when things are a little more comfortable. Who knows, maybe by the second half of the season, all of our dreams come true and he is a guy who can give us some nice minutes or a guy we can pop in when matchups dictate it.

But you know Sean Miller. You know what guys have to do to earn minutes. This isn't a case of us having a crummy offense and needing to sacrifice by leaving an adept defender on the bench in favor of offense. There is a reason he was not in the game last night, and there is a reason he isn't getting minutes. We don't see practices, but we do see games, and he hasn't shown me anything close to what you are making him out to be at this very moment. We are three games into the season, there is a ton of season left for the kid to get better and help this team.
He's played 13 minutes for the entire season, so I don't know what to think, but he sure did look amazing in a few minutes in our exhibition game didn't he? The potential was on display for the world to see there. I do know that his ceiling as not only a defender, but as a player in general is well above the guy we trotted out there who fouled out in 11 minutes of play last night. I get not playing Simon last night if you don't trust him, but if you're not going to redshirt him then you should at least play him more than 5 minutes against Bradley and 8 minutes against Pacific (only got those 8 minutes because Pitts was out). Either way I don't get why you're picking on him defensively, because he sure hasn't had it taken to him in either of the games he played, but I will absolutely give you that he looks beyond lost on the offensive end. You know what'll help fix that though? Playing time.

I don't know, I've heard from a buddy who says he heard from a reliable source on another website that he's one of our top 5 guys in practice points. If that's the case then I just don't get it. He struggles on offense, but it's not as if we don't have guys to pick up the slack there for him. Either way Ward I think you're being a bit hard on the Beaver. Play the damn guy if you're not going to redshirt him. The more he plays the quicker he'll develop and the quicker we can get a guy who can stay in front of those athletic wings in those big games that matter.
gumby

Post by gumby »

There's a reason guys don't play. Just because they don't doesn't mean they aren't being developed. Has Miller shown he can't be trusted to do such a basic thing? What must he do to get benefit of doubt in these annual "why isn't (fill in the blank) playing more?"

He will let the talent play when they're ready. Why wouldn't he?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gumby wrote:There's a reason guys don't play. Just because they don't doesn't mean they aren't being developed. Has Miller shown he can't be trusted to do such a basic thing? What must he do to get benefit of doubt in these annual "why isn't (fill in the blank) playing more?"

He will let the talent play when they're ready. Why wouldn't he?
He plays who he trusts, always has and always will. I'm more upset about the waste of the redshirt year honestly.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Haha might want to stop choo choo before you face further embarassment.

Gumby bringing it per usual as the voice of level-headed reason concerning UA hoops.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

pokinmik wrote:Haha might want to stop choo choo before you face further embarassment.

Gumby bringing it per usual as the voice of level-headed reason concerning UA hoops.
What do I have to be embarrassed about exactly?